Why The Big Lie About Steve Bannon?

Steve Bannon’s Quotes
Here are some quotes by Steve Bannon that have recently come to question:
  1. “Trump is a product of a seething populism and nationalism that is the driving political force.”
  2. “Are there racist people involved in the alt-right? Absolutely.”
  3. “What you realize hanging out with investigative reporters is that, while they may be personally liberal, they don’t let that get in the way of a good story.”
  4. “Fear is a good thing. Fear is going to lead you to take action.”
  5. “Hollywood does not understand Middle America, and it certainly does not understand and, in fact, despises, the core values of the country.”
  6. “George Clooney, who is a moron, came here to Cannes and gave a press conference saying, ‘Under no circumstances will Trump ever be president. Hillary Clinton will be the next president.’ Well, we can’t wait to make George Clooney eat his words.”
  7. “We don’t believe there is a functional conservative party in this country, and we certainly don’t think the Republican Party is that.”
  8. “This country is in a crisis. And if you’re fighting to save this country, if you’re fighting to take this country back, it’s not going to be sunshine and patriots. It’s going to be people who want to fight. I mean, Andrew Breitbart was all about the fight.”
  9. “That’s one of the unintended consequences of the women’s liberation movement – that, in fact, the women that would lead this country would be feminine, they would be pro-family, they would have husbands, they would love their children.”
  10. “If you stay true to yourself and true to your vision and your own values, you can power through and make an impact on modern life.”

Under Bannon's guidance, Breitbart served as a hub for pro-Trump, anti-immigration and especially anti-Muslim agit-prop. The site faced regular criticism — including from Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton — for its close ties to the "alt right," an online-based counterculture movement associated with white nationalism. Bannon once called his outlet "the platform of the alt-right."

there ya have it, self admitted racist.
I don't see a "racist" comment on that list.

I'm no fan of Trump, I think Breitbart is clearly a cog in the right wing echo chamber, but no. No racist comments there.

If this is the best evidence against him, I'm a little less worried that Trump has him in there.

I agree. Breitbart is not one of my bookmarks, but these accusations are ridiculous.

When it comes to lazy intellect, the Bannon detractors in this thread win the grand prize. Racism is a serious accusation and the term is being thrown around very casually by people who have done zero investigation into the issue. I can't believe how many people latched onto the anti-Semite thing after being shown a headline without any context and without having read the article which happens to be written by a Jew in defense of Judaism.

Let's review some terms, as Bannon defines them;

Alt is short for alternative, as in alternative rock and alternative lifestyles. Many conservatives feel that the Republican Party doesn't represent them. Breitbart is a media outlet which gives voice to an alternative conservative movement.

Nationalism is the counterbalance to globalism. If you oppose the Trans Pacific Partnership, that's a nationalist position. You favor sovereignty and local control instead of international arbitration. Nationalism tends to be lumped in with racism because nations used to be more racially homogeneous. And every MSM outlet is owned by a multi-national parent corporation with a strong globalist bias. In his own words, Bannon is a nationalist because he is focused on American interests and not very concerned with global governance.
Agreed. I was watching Morning Joe this morning, and Mark Halperin was tossing out all the standard talking points. Joe asked him for specifics on something this guy had actually said or written himself, and Halperin dodged.

If the guy is bad news, I want to know. But so far, all I've seen is empty inference and name-calling.

I realize they're still in shock and lashing out - that's human nature - but I hope they calm down soon.
Mac, I've seen Breitbart articles that were anti-Muslim, misogynist, etc. Bannon ran the news site. It was his call who the editors were, and what kind of articles were allowed. He clearly identified as a platform for the Alt-Right, and not everyone agrees that it is a harmless group of people as described by Tree Shepherd. The buck stopped there. He is more an ultra conservative than a racist, I think, but he has no problem bringing those folks into the tent. To be fair, that part of Trump's fan base needs representation in the new administration; Bannon is a bone thrown to the supremacist trash as well as a successful strategist. It also makes me a little uneasy that he is so "in the shadows." Come out into the light, Mr. Bannon, and show us who you are. Only the campaign staffers know him, and they AREN'T talking. We don't need a Rasputin character in the White House.

Anti muslim.......shows stories about muslim terrorism....got it.

misogynist........tells stories about left wing democrat women? Got it....

tells the truth about black lives matter....Supremacist....got it....

You people are fucking clueless...which is why hilary lost.....

The democrat party is leaderless and in chaos. The mainstream media has been shown to be nothing but a lying propaganda arm of the democrat party and Bannon is all the poor fools have left in their arsenal.

Steve Bannon’s Quotes
  1. “Trump is a product of a seething populism and nationalism that is the driving political force.”
  3. “What you realize hanging out with investigative reporters is that, while they may be personally liberal, they don’t let that get in the way of a good story.”
  5. “Hollywood does not understand Middle America, and it certainly does not understand and, in fact, despises, the core values of the country.”
  6. “George Clooney, who is a moron, came here to Cannes and gave a press conference saying, ‘Under no circumstances will Trump ever be president. Hillary Clinton will be the next president.’ Well, we can’t wait to make George Clooney eat his words.”
  7. “We don’t believe there is a functional conservative party in this country, and we certainly don’t think the Republican Party is that.”
  8. “This country is in a crisis. And if you’re fighting to save this country, if you’re fighting to take this country back, it’s not going to be sunshine and patriots. It’s going to be people who want to fight. I mean, Andrew Breitbart was all about the fight.”
  9. “That’s one of the unintended consequences of the women’s liberation movement – that, in fact, the women that would lead this country would be feminine, they would be pro-family, they would have husbands, they would love their children.”
  10. “If you stay true to yourself and true to your vision and your own values, you can power through and make an impact on modern life.”

Under Bannon's guidance, Breitbart served as a hub for pro-Trump, anti-immigration and especially anti-Muslim agit-prop. The site faced regular criticism — including from Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton — for its close ties to the "alt right," an online-based counterculture movement associated with white nationalism. Bannon once called his outlet "the platform of the alt-right."

I'm no fan of Trump, I think Breitbart is clearly a cog in the right wing echo chamber, but no. No racist comments there.

If this is the best evidence against him, I'm a little less worried that Trump has him in there.

I agree. Breitbart is not one of my bookmarks, but these accusations are ridiculous.

When it comes to lazy intellect, the Bannon detractors in this thread win the grand prize. Racism is a serious accusation and the term is being thrown around very casually by people who have done zero investigation into the issue. I can't believe how many people latched onto the anti-Semite thing after being shown a headline without any context and without having read the article which happens to be written by a Jew in defense of Judaism.

Alt is short for alternative, as in alternative rock and alternative lifestyles. Many conservatives feel that the Republican Party doesn't represent them. Breitbart is a media outlet which gives voice to an alternative conservative movement.

Nationalism is the counterbalance to globalism. If you oppose the Trans Pacific Partnership, that's a nationalist position. You favor sovereignty and local control instead of international arbitration. Nationalism tends to be lumped in with racism because nations used to be more racially homogeneous. And every MSM outlet is owned by a multi-national parent corporation with a strong globalist bias. In his own words, Bannon is a nationalist because he is focused on American interests and not very concerned with global governance.
Agreed. I was watching Morning Joe this morning, and Mark Halperin was tossing out all the standard talking points. Joe asked him for specifics on something this guy had actually said or written himself, and Halperin dodged.

If the guy is bad news, I want to know. But so far, all I've seen is empty inference and name-calling.

I realize they're still in shock and lashing out - that's human nature - but I hope they calm down soon.
Mac, I've seen Breitbart articles that were anti-Muslim, misogynist, etc. Bannon ran the news site. It was his call who the editors were, and what kind of articles were allowed. He clearly identified as a platform for the Alt-Right, and not everyone agrees that it is a harmless group of people as described by Tree Shepherd. The buck stopped there. He is more an ultra conservative than a racist, I think, but he has no problem bringing those folks into the tent. To be fair, that part of Trump's fan base needs representation in the new administration; Bannon is a bone thrown to the supremacist trash as well as a successful strategist. It also makes me a little uneasy that he is so "in the shadows." Come out into the light, Mr. Bannon, and show us who you are. Only the campaign staffers know him, and they AREN'T talking. We don't need a Rasputin character in the White House.
He's harmless, get over it.
Without him trump would not have won the election, news flash Hildabeast lost.

Steve Bannon’s Quotes

Anti muslim.......shows stories about muslim terrorism....got it.

misogynist........tells stories about left wing democrat women? Got it....

tells the truth about black lives matter....Supremacist....got it....

You people are fucking clueless...which is why hilary lost.....
she lost the electoral vote and presidency due to such, she DID NOT lose the citizen's vote....

Look, Bannon may or may not be a bigoted person, but HE CHOSE to make Briebart the outlet for those who are....bigoted, racist, anti American, anti establishment haters, Neo nazi/skinheads, Nationalists in the icky way and not good way, and channeled and still channels these type of people's angst and bigotry on the site.... It lies in many of their stories and takes tabloid-ism to the peak of peaks with their stances and fabrications just to channel the hatred...

is there a niche in the market that was served by Briebart...certainly so...and all of this could be simply a financial decision and filling the void....

BUT WHO in God's name would have thought this same person who chose to run Breitbart in that manner would ever in a million years be up for one of the highest tax payer positions? He made his bed/his choices....and if it comes back to bite him, that's NOT our fault....it's his.

Now this could be simply for money
Sure, I think he's responsible for contributing to the nutso echo chamber that has distorted the Right. Significantly.

But that doesn't make these wild accusations right.
what are the WILD accusations? Any normal person who has read their site, would believe the head of Briebart is a bigot....

I just am a business person, so that's why I view it a little differently when money, (the love of and root of all evil) :D is involved....

"normal person"

that leaves out RW's.
Says a control freak...
Too bad you don't know what real racism is...

Liberals and media Lie, that is the only way their philosophies can be rationalized. Oppression and division

"Any normal person can see"

"I've seen racist articles"

Those are not valid examples of refutation.

One person's islamaphobia is another person's sound immigration policy. Show me an islamaphobic article (in your view) from Breitbart and let's break it down and see how much irrational bigotry it contains as opposed to rational security arguments.

she lost the electoral vote and presidency due to such, she DID NOT lose the citizen's vote....

LOL, whatever you've got to tell yourself to make it hurt less I suppose.... :rolleyes:

.... meanwhile back on Earth, Donald Trump will be taking the oath of office on 1/20/2017, make sure to stock up on valium and whiskey 'cause I'm not sharing any of mine.

Look, Bannon may or may not be a bigoted person, but HE CHOSE to make Briebart the outlet for those who are....bigoted, racist, anti American, anti establishment haters, Neo nazi/skinheads, Nationalists in the icky way and not good way, and channeled and still channels these type of people's angst and bigotry on the site.... It lies in many of their stories and takes tabloid-ism to the peak of peaks with their stances and fabrications just to channel the hatred...

is there a niche in the market that was served by Briebart...certainly so...and all of this could be simply a financial decision and filling the void....

BUT WHO in God's name would have thought this same person who chose to run Breitbart in that manner would ever in a million years be up for one of the highest tax payer positions? He made his bed/his choices....and if it comes back to bite him, that's NOT our fault....it's his.

Sure, I think he's responsible for contributing to the nutso echo chamber that has distorted the Right. Significantly.

what are the WILD accusations? Any normal person who has read their site, would believe the head of Briebart is a bigot....

I just am a business person, so that's why I view it a little differently when money, (the love of and root of all evil) :D is involved....

So you are calling the CEO Larry Solov who is a Jew a bigot? Joel Pollak an Orthodox Jew and Senior editor at large a bigot? The EDITOR Alexander Marlow a bigot?

My my when did you turn into an anti Semite? Bannon was only the Executive Chairman.

Breitbart is dead. If you have actual quotes from this guy, actual things he has said or written, I'd love to see them. And frankly, I wouldn't be shocked.

But so far, all I'm seeing is guilt by association, and the hysteria is beginning to look more than a little contrived.

Mac Bannon was only Executive Chairman. The day to day operations are all headed by Jews who have worked with Bannon for years on end and respect and admire him.

Only left wing loons could come up with a label of white nationalists and anti Semetic for a website run by Jews.

Breitbart is dead. If you have actual quotes from this guy, actual things he has said or written, I'd love to see them. And frankly, I wouldn't be shocked.

But so far, all I'm seeing is guilt by association, and the hysteria is beginning to look more than a little contrived.

Mac Bannon was only Executive Chairman. The day to day operations are all headed by Jews who have worked with Bannon for years on end and respect and admire him.

Only left wing loons could come up with a label of white nationalists and anti Semetic for a website run by Jews.

Aha! yet another Zionist World Domination Conspiracy exposed!

Personally I wish they'd just hurry up and get it over with, the sooner the world is run by Jews the sooner we can get back to worrying about whether it "taste's great" or is "less filling"......

Steve Bannon’s Quotes

The CEO is a Jew. Larry Solov. He ran the operations.

As to come out into the light Mr. Bannon, seriously give your swollen head a shake. A white supremicist? Are you fucking nuts?

The ZOA has endorsed him while you bloody fools call him a racist and an anti Semite. Anti Semite my ass.

You and your ilk are the bigots. No doubt about it now.

Bannon identifies as alt right, though he would argue with the co-opted mainstream media definition of alt right. And, he has admitted that some people who identify as alt right are racist. I think his mistake there was his overestimation of the public's ability to process nuance.

Allow me to provide a written illustration from my own mind of what Bannon is saying.

The 1970s were the formative decade of punk rock. During this time there emerged a racist xenophobic subgenre of punk called Nazi Punk. What did all the subgenres of punk have in common? They were a reaction to corporate rock, music that had 'sold out', music that had ceased to be critical of society, etc.. What all punk rock had in common was an anti-establishment perspective.

Bannon is like a dude who started a punk rock magazine and you're calling him a racist because Nazi Punk exists and people who like Nazi Punk read his magazine for the anti-establishment element of it.

Fast forward to the 21st Century and a band like Green Day (technically a punk band) has eclipsed traditional rock, going platinum and selling out huge venues. Today, maybe some people would begin to consider Green Day to be classic rock.

Bannon sees alt right as next mainstream right, with new media eclipsing old media and with issues that a majority of Americans are in favor of (anti-war, comprehensive immigration strategy, domestic economy more important than globalist ideals).

Bannon identifies as alt right, though he would argue with the co-opted mainstream media definition of alt right. And, he has admitted that some people who identify as alt right are racist. I think his mistake there was his overestimation of the public's ability to process nuance.

Allow me to provide a written illustration from my own mind of what Bannon is saying.

The 1970s were the formative decade of punk rock. During this time there emerged a racist xenophobic subgenre of punk called Nazi Punk. What did all the subgenres of punk have in common? They were a reaction to corporate rock, music that had 'sold out', music that had ceased to be critical of society, etc.. What all punk rock had in common was an anti-establishment perspective.

Bannon is like a dude who started a punk rock magazine and you're calling him a racist because Nazi Punk exists and people who like Nazi Punk read his magazine for the anti-establishment element of it.

Fast forward to the 21st Century and a band like Green Day (technically a punk band) has eclipsed traditional rock, going platinum and selling out huge venues. Today, maybe some people would begin to consider Green Day to be classic rock.

Bannon sees alt right as next mainstream right, with new media eclipsing old media and with issues that a majority of Americans are in favor of (anti-war, comprehensive immigration strategy, domestic economy more important than globalist ideals).

Yes....as Milo Yianopolous points out all the time the Alt-Right are free speechers.........who hate the control freaks and political correctness... of the main stream press and other web communiites

Yes....as Milo Yianopolous points out all the time the Alt-Right are free speechers.........who hate the control freaks and political correctness... of the main stream press and other web communiites

I agree. Part of the appeal of alt right is that it pushes back against the most stifling examples of political correctness.

The president of the university (Humboldt State) in my liberal Bohemian town gave a speech which was intended to inclusive. It was a speech promoting multi-culturalism and a new outreach program for minorities. She unintentionally caused a huge uproar by saying "racism is not the norm in our community". The over-sensitivity has gotten to the point where people are saying "enough already".

Comedy Channel comedian Daniel Tosh personifies this push back. Nobody would consider him to be a right winger. He's as socially liberal as they come. But he uses stereotypes and political incorrectness for shock value, sort of a proof that he's a badass because he's breaking all the rules and that appeals to the maverick in some people.

Steve Bannon’s Quotes

He's harmless, get over it.
Without him trump would not have won the election, news flash Hildabeast lost.
Hildabeast losing has nothing to do with picking Bannon. I'm as sick of the continuation of the campaign bullshit as the next guy, but I WILL feel better if Bannon goes on one of the news shows and introduces himself. Is that so radical?

Steve Bannon’s Quotes

The CEO is a Jew. Larry Solov. He ran the operations.

As to come out into the light Mr. Bannon, seriously give your swollen head a shake. A white supremicist? Are you fucking nuts?

The ZOA has endorsed him while you bloody fools call him a racist and an anti Semite. Anti Semite my ass.

You and your ilk are the bigots. No doubt about it now.
You could have explained that without pissing me off. I base my opinions on what I know. You got new information, please enlighten me.

#2 mac

then he calls his outlet the platform of the alt right

both are statements out of his own mouth ...

I got it... Bannon is a lying sob, right?
That's the one I get least of all.

Yes, there are racists there, he admits it.

Don't you agree?

He's not saying HE is one.

his platform is the benchmark for the alt right, and he's not part of his platform ????

boy, thats a stretch any way you spin it
If you were to admit that there are bigots in the Democrat Party (and we both know there are), does that make you a bigot too?

You share their platform, too.

sorry pal, I'm not a dem ... and I didn't vote for clinton

keep trying
dude you crack me up. all you did was take her and the DNC side on most matters in this forum. At least be man or woman enough to admit your alliance.

The big lie about Bannon.....First...because he helped turn the Trump campaign around and helped win the election...

Next....Breitbart actually covers the problems with black lives matter, illegal immigration and muslim terrorism....so right there the left hates him.......

Last....Trump picked him for his cabinet...they will destroy him to undermine Trump.....

And they are doing it by making up lies about the man....
Exactly. MSM won't tell the whole story. Hey all you dems out there who reflect on news, why don't you all hold the MSM accountable for liberal shit? Your hate toward rival news feeds is nothing but hilarious to say the least. So, you all are all in on bad media scraps from MSM sources. blthththththththtththth

Hildabeast losing has nothing to do with picking Bannon. I'm as sick of the continuation of the campaign bullshit as the next guy, but I WILL feel better if Bannon goes on one of the news shows and introduces himself. Is that so radical?

Well, Bannon has been hired to be Trump's David Axelrod. How much of what he says on Sunday morning talk shows will be his own opinion (vs. campaigning for Trump)? That will be difficult to parse out.

Forum List

Back