Why the fuck would a company hire someone and not tell the person

They don't have to tell you shit. Do your fucking job and shut up.

They don't have to tell me I will receive a 60 question mutiple choice test after lunch without notice??
If you are intelligent and qualified for the job, what is the problem?

because I like to know when a test is so I can prepare for the shit
If you are qualified for the job, what is to prepare for?

They trying to see if I am qualified based on how well I do on the test from all the training I received

They don't have to tell me I will receive a 60 question mutiple choice test after lunch without notice??
Not til after lunch.

That's called DIRTY BUSINESS
Testing you see see if you picked up on the training is dirty?Should they invest time and money on you if you cannot show what you were trained for?

But unemployment is only 26 weeks and I thought I was working again

So you're taking tests for free?

If I fail the TEST I would have to get unemployment again
Maybe you should have tried harder to learn the job.
The company is paying you to perform a function. You probably should have learned your function

let me try this again

I haven't taken a fucking test since college which was over a decade ago so all of this was a surprise to me

The test is all the stuff that I learned during training. But they never mentioned anything about a test during the interview and it came off like a surprise

Life is full of surprises. Decent jobs are competitive. Be a good competitor and do the best you can.

The worst that can happen is that you fail and need another job. You can find another one.

If you defeat yourself in your own mind before you even face a test you'll never succeed.

Go in there and kick ass.

The test is all the stuff that I learned during training. But they never mentioned anything about a test during the interview and it came off like a surprise

Life is full of surprises. Decent jobs are competitive. Be a good competitor and do the best you can.

The worst that can happen is that you fail and need another job. You can find another one.

If you defeat yourself in your own mind before you even face a test you'll never succeed.

Go in there and kick ass.

Yes I am guessing this is a stable job with nice benefits since a TEST is the last hurdle

Not til after lunch.

No it's called reality. I give you 30 days to learn your job. If you have learned it to my satisfaction, I give you a raise and some benefits. If you don't, you have cost me money and provided nothing of value. I suppose I could keep on paying for incompetence but..... No Fuck it. Next candidate, please.

Not til after lunch.

Testing you see see if you picked up on the training is dirty?

Yes if I received a offer in the mail
Offers are contingent of being able to do the job and they chose to have you take a test to see if you retained the knowlege to do what you were trained for

Not til after lunch.

No it's called reality. I give you 30 days to learn your job. If you have learned it to my satisfaction, I give you a raise and some benefits. If you don't, you have cost me money and provided nothing of value. I suppose I could keep on paying for incompetence but..... No Fuck it. Next candidate, please.

And then you have to interview someone all over again. So what happens if the next candidate fails the test? Got to interview again?

Don't stress about it dude, you can obviously write a coherent sentence and I'm sure that with "No Child Left Behind" standards that test can't be that hard.

Offers are contingent of being able to do the job and they chose to have you take a test to see if you retained the knowlege to do what you were trained for

See? Even guano wrote a coherent sentence, he spelled "knowledge" wrong but he doesn't have much to work with in that area.

I think you'll do fine.

See? Even guano wrote a coherent sentence, he spelled "knowledge" wrong but he doesn't have much to work with in that area.

I think you'll do fine.

I guess when spelling is the only thing going for you that's what you focus on.

I guess when spelling is the only thing going for you that's what you focus on.

I guess that when you don't know shit about shit you can't focus on much of anything. Spelling be damned right along with every other standard.

They have to take a test during probation which is on all the training you received during probation. If you pass you are part of the staff and if you fail you done. Shouldn't they tell people that shit in the interview? Now I have to wonder if I passed the fucking test all weekend to know if I will still be working.

Stupid ass companies
When you work for someone else they get to make the rules. Start your own company and you wont have to deal with them controlling you.

They have to take a test during probation which is on all the training you received during probation. If you pass you are part of the staff and if you fail you done. Shouldn't they tell people that shit in the interview? Now I have to wonder if I passed the fucking test all weekend to know if I will still be working.

Stupid ass companies

Something tells me you'll do just fine.

Because if they move that employee from "probation" to "hired in" they have to pay him/her more and/or provide some benefits. It's cheaper to hire in temps and let them go just as the probation deadline is about to expire.

You're new to the job market, aren't you.

I'm retired, but I owned my own company for more than two decades. I never did this sort of thing because when I needed to hire someone I was able to get recommendations that I trusted, but absent those, I can see a use for this sort of filter.

Stupid ass companies
Don't worry, I am sure you remembered Two all beef patties, American cheese, "special sauce" , iceberg lettuce, pickles, and onions, served in a three-part sesame seed bun

If you are intelligent and qualified for the job, what is the problem?

because I like to know when a test is so I can prepare for the shit
If you are qualified for the job, what is to prepare for?

They trying to see if I am qualified based on how well I do on the test from all the training I received
If you are qualified, there should not be a problem.

Forum List

Back