Why the GOP is Losing Independents

The morons in safe red districts will always say because we don’t stand up for our conservative ideals. Hogwash. While there are always losers on the left that like handout and big government, they majority if independents prefer lower taxes, less government and less and responsible regulations. They recognize the government can do little right. Yer we lose them.

Comes down to 2 issues that the GOP has gone extreme on:
(1) Abortion: No abortion no exceptions is an extreme stance that most independents can’t vote for.

(2) Gun Control: I like guns and own them but something drastic need to be done and GOP won’t budge here.

Stick to this and we won’t have a chance in PA, MI, VA, AZ, CO etc.
As long as they are stupid enough to buy the Democrat lies about Republicans, we will lose. Both of your statements are lies

As long as they are stupid enough to buy the Democrat lies about Republicans, we will lose. Both of your statements are lies

What you meant to say was, as long as they are stupid enough to buy the demos lies about republicans AND are even dumber to buy the lies that YOU are making then you just might get into office because they are really fuc$$$ing stupid and get exactly what they deserve.

The morons in safe red districts will always say because we don’t stand up for our conservative ideals. Hogwash. While there are always losers on the left that like handout and big government, they majority if independents prefer lower taxes, less government and less and responsible regulations. They recognize the government can do little right. Yer we lose them.

(1) Abortion: No abortion no exceptions is an extreme stance that most independents can’t vote for.

(2) Gun Control: I like guns and own them but something drastic need to be done and GOP won’t budge here.

That is why the repubs barely won the House. The reason the repubs lost the Senate was clearly the poor candidates that trump endorsed. He cost the repubs 2-3 seats at least.

Will the repubs let him do it again in 2024?

(1) Abortion: No abortion no exceptions is an extreme stance
I agree. It is a medical procedure to be discouraged as much as possible, but in the final analysis, if the parents and mother especially really DO NOT WANT the child or there is some other medical or financial consideration, what are you going to do, HOLD A GUN TO THEIR HEAD AND MAKE THEM RAISE THE KID?

2) Gun Control: I like guns and own them but something drastic need to be done and GOP won’t budge here.
The answer to gun control cannot be to further restrict the law-abiding who never were part of the problem to begin with. The solution does not come from a piece of steel nor some politician's edict--- the solution to gun violence can only come by addressing the actual mental, social and economic causes being forced on people now which drive them to shoot others! Short of that, you will never solve the crime.

Hold on….so all the GOP has to do is glamorize baby killing and hate constitutional rights….basically become leftists and they win?
Shit, that’s simple.

Independents:
“We want baby killing glamorized and we want guns out of the hands of dark Democrats…and damnit we’re willing to pay $5 for fuel, suffer through high levels of crime and take on millions of illegal wetbacks to get what we want.”

Boy those “independents” are some dumbmotherfuckers.

Remember ladies, it's all theater. Why do you think Joe got what he wants? Because he wanted what this country needed. Joe knows how to lead. Infrastructure, go green, etc. The tough decisions. Republicans cry about the up front costs but they'll reap the benefits. Then take credit. Bastards.

And that nice nurse will be along soon with all the good medicines that make those voices go away.

Fascism was never popular in America. And that's what the Republicans are offering America. A controlled, restricted society with less and less freedoms.

Uh huh, right. “Infrastructure go green”. You sound like a zombie. There is no green infrastructure and there never will be one in our lifetimes. Nuclear fusion is the only real green energy that will someday replace everything. Not for a hundred years or so though. Until then oil, coal, and nuclear are the way. Solar and wind are fads that don’t amount to squat.
What do you do for a living? Because I work from home and when I go into work I work 7 minutes away. So I rarely go on the expressways. But when I do, omg the new highways being put in. And even my local roads are getting a facelift. That's Joe.

My Republican father in law (my brothers actually) said, "NO THAT'S STATE MONEY!" Because he soooo didn't want to give Joe credit. I said, "sorry John, Whitmer is spending Federal infrastructure money. You're welcome". LOL

I don't pay a great deal of attention to polls, but is it really a fact that the Republicans are losing Independents? It does seem like the Dems are losing Hispanics from what I've seen. Kind of a weird swap, if true.

If not Texas would already be blue.

I'm an Independent that has voted for Democrats in the past but am now voting Republican.

I'm an Independent that has voted for Democrats in the past but am now voting Republican.
Who did you vote for in the past? Obama the first time? Big deal. Bush/McCain were so bad everyone voted for Obama the first time.

Did you vote for Clinton the 2nd time? You should have. Did you vote for Gore in 2000? If not, you're not an independent. You're a right leaning sucker.

Forum List

Back