Why the GOP is trying to defund obamacare.

Because having failed to defeat the president in 2012, the partisan right perceives ‘repealing’ or ‘defunding’ the ACA as the next best thing, a way to politically embarrass the president and adversely effect his legacy.

That conservatives offer no viable, good faith alternative to the ACA is proof of this, exhibiting conservative contempt for the millions of Americans suffering without health insurance, and consequently going without needed healthcare.

As long as there are FREE clinics, emergency rooms and Medicaid no one has to do without needed healthcare.

Free clinics aren't free. Emergency rooms aren't PCPs and also are not free. Medicaid is only for the poor - what about those that make too much for Medicaid and too little to afford private insurance?

they make up about 1% of the population, let the govt buy them each a policy. that would be a hell of a lot cheaper than obozocare.

You know, I've tried in the past to help you with your reading comprehension problems, but I see you are still struggling with even the simplest of written sentences, paragraphs and ideas. How unfortunate for you.

You know, you really should own up to your failed arguments instead of projecting your failures onto others. I read and understood your op just fine. The GOP doesn't like the ACA just, because...and they have no plan of their own. Good luck with that one, sparky :thup:

Wow, and to add to your problem, you are in denial. Difficult thing for you to try to overcome when you are incapable of realizing you have the problem. How very unfortunate for you.

fail_20at_20failing.jpg

As long as there are FREE clinics, emergency rooms and Medicaid no one has to do without needed healthcare.

Free clinics aren't free. Emergency rooms aren't PCPs and also are not free. Medicaid is only for the poor - what about those that make too much for Medicaid and too little to afford private insurance?

they make up about 1% of the population, let the govt buy them each a policy. that would be a hell of a lot cheaper than obozocare.

People who make too much for Medicaid yet not enough to afford private insurance make up only 1% of the population? :lol:

Whose ass did you pull that from?

And did I hear you right? You support gov't subsidies for health insurance?

Republicans are trying to defund Obamacare because they have failed at every other tactic

They failed to vote it down
They failed to get it declared unconstitutional
They failed in 40 attempts to repeal
They failed to make Obama a one term president

Now, all they have left is extortion. Repeal Obamacare or we will hurt innocent people

Republicans are trying to defund Obamacare because they have failed at every other tactic

Now, all they have left is extortion. Repeal Obamacare or we will hurt innocent people

No moron. That reason only exists in your alledged mind.

The real and only reason that the GOP wants to defund obamacare is that it is a disaster waiting to happen. YOU can deny it all you want to but repeating the same bull shit over and over doesn't change the fact that it's bull shit. No one but other left wing nut jobs believes a word of your nonsense.

They are doing it because their constituents want them to.

Funny how they only really do this when there's no chance of succeeding.

I have no doubt some of the newer members of Congress are acting our of conscience, but most are simply putting on a show for voters. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're at least doing something, but when push comes to shove there are plenty of authoritarian Republicans in DC and they're more than happy to see a corporatist take over of health care.

I'm happy about the defunding stunt because it will keep the fire alive in those who really do want freedom - even if it has no chance to actually block ACA.

They are doing it because their constituents want them to.

Funny how they only really do this when there's no chance of succeeding.

They have tried 41 times. It's not like they waited until now to try.

I have no doubt some of the newer members of Congress are acting our of conscience, but most are simply putting on a show for voters.

Some maybe, but not most.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're at least doing something, but when push comes to shove there are plenty of authoritarian Republicans in DC and they're more than happy to see a corporatist take over of health care.

This is true.

I'm happy about the effort because it will keep the fire alive in those who really do want freedom - even if it ultimately disappoints them.

It's the right thing to do even if they don't have a prayer of succeeding.

that's oversimplistic for a kindergartener. The dems think obamacare is the right thing, and there is logical support for at least parts of it by such places as Kaiser and Johns Hopkins.

and yet, they refuse to address any of the other parts and your ok with that? BTW, while 'most' democrats in Congress may say they think the Act is fine, many democrats are falling off that bandwagon, (your tepid endorsement in bold is indicative):

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2013/images/09/11/rel8g.pdf

The real and only reason that the GOP wants to defund obamacare is that it is a disaster waiting to happen. YOU can deny it all you want to but repeating the same bull shit over and over doesn't change the fact that it's bull shit. No one but other left wing nut jobs believes a word of your nonsense.

Republicans are telling America that they have failed in every other attempt to repeal Obamacare

Now the threaten that if they don't get their way they will harm innocent people

Republicans are telling America that they have failed in every other attempt to repeal Obamacare

Now the threaten that if they don't get their way they will harm innocent people

Lady's and gentlemen of the jury? I rest my case.

You seem to think that tactic works for you.

Not that it does.

Lady's and gentlemen of the jury? I rest my case.

God, I wish Republicans could rest their case

They have failed. Time for their obsession with killing Obamacare to end

It's simply the GOPs turn to play bad cop. To think that they actually have the people's business in mind over this is foolish at best, and down right ignorant at worst.

Bad Cop?

They aren't "faking" this.

41 times and a threat to close down government is not faking. Even rich folks are going to feel the pinch.

Yes, they are faking this. A deal will be struck, Obama Tax will be funded and this political theater will come back around again once we've reached another "debt ceiling".

You think Rand Paul and the Tea Party in the House are faking it?

You think that Mitch McConnell is faking it?

These folks, to their core, hate Obama.

They will still vote no.

The "deal" will be struck by Boehner, "moderate" Republicans and the Democrats.

Bad Cop?

They aren't "faking" this.

41 times and a threat to close down government is not faking. Even rich folks are going to feel the pinch.

Yes, they are faking this. A deal will be struck, Obama Tax will be funded and this political theater will come back around again once we've reached another "debt ceiling".

You think Rand Paul and the Tea Party in the House are faking it?

You think that Mitch McConnell is faking it?

These folks, to their core, hate Obama.

They will still vote no.

The "deal" will be struck by Boehner, "moderate" Republicans and the Democrats.

It is the corner Republicans have painted themselves into

They can no longer be "for" anything. If you take a position, you can be attacked for it.......all they have left is.......NO

So yeah, the liberals here keep on repeating the same lies, lies that have been debunked countless times in this forum.

I started this thread to educate. The left refuses to know anything that isn't spoon-fed to them by the DNC. We know that they can never be saved.

Disagree with me if you must, I cannot force you to be right.

So yeah, the liberals here keep on repeating the same lies, lies that have been debunked countless times in this forum.

I started this thread to educate. The left refuses to know anything that isn't spoon-fed to them by the DNC. We know that they can never be saved.

Naw, you just started it to troll and you got called on it.

Not to worry, though. Chances are, your Teahad heroes in Congess won't pay a significant price for this at the ballot box next year, anyway.

Why the GOP is trying to defund obamacare.

Because having failed to defeat the president in 2012, the partisan right perceives ‘repealing’ or ‘defunding’ the ACA as the next best thing, a way to politically embarrass the president and adversely effect his legacy.

That conservatives offer no viable, good faith alternative to the ACA is proof of this, exhibiting conservative contempt for the millions of Americans suffering without health insurance, and consequently going without needed healthcare.

Here's the fun part.

You're probably serious.

Not to worry, though. Chances are, your Teahad heroes in Congess won't pay a significant price for this at the ballot box next year, anyway.

I'd say read that again, but hey, I can't force you to be right.

I'd say read that again, but hey, I can't force you to be right.

I've read it more than once and it's the usual projection. You need to go get some more spin, this has gotten a bit worn out.

Forum List

Back