Why the Guns vs. Cars argument is flawed.

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Of course cars kill more people yearly. Every single day, a couple hundred MILLION people in America activate and engage in the use of a car. Every day.

If 200,000,000 people per day ACTIVELY took up and used a gun, for its intended use, every single day, there would be just as many, if not more, deaths.

Today...in an hour or so....tens of millions of people will activate a car for its intended use, and use it. How many MILLIONS of people will activate a gun for it's intended use today? Far fewer. There will be a few dozen shootings today between gang members. Somewhere in America there will be a handful of police shootings. I wont count hunting, because thats a sport, just as we wouldnt count NASCAR with car statistics because thats a sport.

So, today, I'd say 150,000,000 people will activate and use a car for it's intended purpose.

And today, I'd say at most 200 people will activate and use a gun for it's intended purpose (and thats a high estimate).

Over the course of 365 days, with that cycle repeating daily, OF COURSE more people will die from cars than guns. Its a bad argument statistically, because the use of a car is so astronomically higher daily than the use of guns.

The correct stat would read: For every 10 times a gun or car is activated for it's intended use (outside of sports like hunting/racing), how many times is a person hurt? When a gun gets activated, it is to kill people (good or bad). When a car is activated, millions of times daily, people die...but not that often. With guns, someone usually dies or is severely hurt.

Its a flawed argument. If 150,000,000 people today pulled out a gun and used it for it's intended purpose, would more people die than will be killed on the roadways by cars? Yes.

plus cars weren't designed to kill ... gun are ... that was their soul reason for existence is to kill people and anything around them and nothing more ... you can say they were design for target use, but I 'll tell you you are wrong before any target was made that gun was design to kill something first .... I have never seen in any cars manufactures design where they say ok this Car is design to kill as many people and animals ... or run thought a target ...

Every day, I and millions of other Concealed Permit holders, use our guns as they are designed.

To protect ourselves.

Just because we didn't shoot anyone doesn't mean we didn't use them.

Cars have an intended and useful purpose in society that doesn't center around violence. The same can not be said for guns.

Of course cars kill more people yearly. Every single day, a couple hundred MILLION people in America activate and engage in the use of a car. Every day.

If 200,000,000 people per day ACTIVELY took up and used a gun, for its intended use, every single day, there would be just as many, if not more, deaths.

Today...in an hour or so....tens of millions of people will activate a car for its intended use, and use it. How many MILLIONS of people will activate a gun for it's intended use today? Far fewer. There will be a few dozen shootings today between gang members. Somewhere in America there will be a handful of police shootings. I wont count hunting, because thats a sport, just as we wouldnt count NASCAR with car statistics because thats a sport.

So, today, I'd say 150,000,000 people will activate and use a car for it's intended purpose.

And today, I'd say at most 200 people will activate and use a gun for it's intended purpose (and thats a high estimate).

Over the course of 365 days, with that cycle repeating daily, OF COURSE more people will die from cars than guns. Its a bad argument statistically, because the use of a car is so astronomically higher daily than the use of guns.

The correct stat would read: For every 10 times a gun or car is activated for it's intended use (outside of sports like hunting/racing), how many times is a person hurt? When a gun gets activated, it is to kill people (good or bad). When a car is activated, millions of times daily, people die...but not that often. With guns, someone usually dies or is severely hurt.

Its a flawed argument. If 150,000,000 people today pulled out a gun and used it for it's intended purpose, would more people die than will be killed on the roadways by cars? Yes.

Your comparison is spurious...

lawfully possessing a gun for defensive purposes, whether or not it's ever pulled out to shoot a bad guy, should still count as "use"...

and there are more guns than cars in this country...

Last edited:
OMG, save us from these people

they actually sit around and think up this crap

:cuckoo:

Last edited:
plus cars weren't designed to kill ... gun are ... that was their soul reason for existence is to kill people and anything around them and nothing more ... you can say they were design for target use, but I 'll tell you you are wrong before any target was made that gun was design to kill something first .... I have never seen in any cars manufactures design where they say ok this Car is design to kill as many people and animals ... or run thought a target ...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU8gvF6WCIk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU8gvF6WCIk[/ame]

Cars have an intended and useful purpose in society that doesn't center around violence. The same can not be said for guns.

Self defense is not considered violence.

Fukfukfukfuk. I shoot you and kill you, even in self defense, and you think that shooting you wasn't a violent act? The cause of action may have been self defense, but the chosen method of defense was violent.

wtf is wrong with you people. Guns are intended to be used in a violent way.
If you talk someone out of robbing or killing you, that would classify as non violent.

Maybe you need to look up the definition of "violence".

:lmao:

but you are correct, just for the wrong reasons

Driving is a privileged

owning an arm is a Constitutional right.

You can have your right to drive removed, you may not take a single arm from any American.

Self defense is not considered violence.

Fukfukfukfuk. I shoot you and kill you, even in self defense, and you think that shooting you wasn't a violent act? The cause of action may have been self defense, but the chosen method of defense was violent.

wtf is wrong with you people. Guns are intended to be used in a violent way.
If you talk someone out of robbing or killing you, that would classify as non violent.

Maybe you need to look up the definition of "violence".

Why do you assume one has to shoot in self defense?

The threat of being shot is enough to make people back down.

If I point a gun at someone intending to do me harm and I tell him to move on that is self defense and it is not violence.

Forum List

Back