Why Trump won

Obama like his blood brother, W 'dumb shit' Bush, his policies were to bail out the banks on the backs of poor and middle class Americans. He promoting foreclosing mortgages to protect his buddies in the banking sector. He prosecuted no one in the banking sector, even though they tanked the economy harming millions of Americans.

He even ignored a large bank caught laundering drug money. You get caught laundering drug money, you go to prison.
In the report, GAI details how the George W. Bush and Bill Clinton administrations both actually took down financial criminals — unlike the Obama administration. Between 2002 and 2008, for instance, GAI points out how a Bush administration task force “obtained over 1,300 corporate fraud convictions, including those of over 130 corporate vice presidents and over 200 CEOs and corporate presidents.”

Clinton’s DOJ prosecuted over 1,800 S&L (savings and loans) executives, senior officials, and directors, and over 1,000 of them were sent to jail,” GAI adds.

But, despite having “promised more of the same,” especially in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis, the Obama administration’s DOJ has not brought criminal charges against a single major Wall Street executive.

The Bush and Clinton administrations’ track records on prosecuting white-collar crime, and the Obama administration’s failure to do so, Schweizer said, is “evidence that this has less to do with some sort of partisan or philosophical issue.”
CONVICTED: Bush 1300+, Clinton 1000+, Obama 0.0 (+/-) - Home - The Daily Bail

I know this topic has been discussed ad nauseam, but I wanted to add my two cents.

This explains it simply and correctly IMHO.

U.S. voters want leader to end advantage of rich and powerful: Reuters/Ipsos poll
The poll, which will be updated as additional responses are tallied and votes are counted throughout Tuesday, found:
- 75 percent agree that “America needs a strong leader to take the country back from the rich and powerful.”
- 72 percent agree “the American economy is rigged to advantage the rich and powerful.”
U.S. voters want leader to end advantage of rich and powerful: Reuters

Now...it must be said Hillary is a well known elitist and corporatist. Entirely owned by the rich and powerful, just like Obama.

Now...it can be argued that Trump is not answer, but compared to Hillary, he is.

That's one way to look at it. Or we just bypassed the puppet and right to the puppet master. Which is worse, not sure.

I know this topic has been discussed ad nauseam, but I wanted to add my two cents.

U.S. voters want leader to end advantage of rich and powerful: Reuters/Ipsos poll
The poll, which will be updated as additional responses are tallied and votes are counted throughout Tuesday, found:
- 75 percent agree that “America needs a strong leader to take the country back from the rich and powerful.”
- 72 percent agree “the American economy is rigged to advantage the rich and powerful.”

Now...it must be said Hillary is a well known elitist and corporatist. Entirely owned by the rich and powerful, just like Obama.

Now...it can be argued that Trump is not answer, but compared to Hillary, he is.

That's one way to look at it. Or we just bypassed the puppet and right to the puppet master. Which is worse, not sure.
You might be right.

You might be right.

It has happened a time or 2, but certainly not often. Lol

I think there were a combination of reasons Trump won. A "perfect storm" scenario, if you will. First of all, Hillary Clinton was the most undesirable candidate in history. Lots of people voted for Trump just to keep Hillary from winning... nothing more. Swing those votes to a more appealing Democrat candidate and Trump may not have won.

I think this was the election season of anti-establishmentism. Bernie Sanders should've been the Democrat candidate. Many voters were looking for an alternative to establishment politicians and Trump fit that bill.

Nationalist-Populism. Here is another aspect which favored Trump. He played into a theme of national populism and these movements can take on a life of their own. He had an energized base of grass roots support and say what you will about the man, he had stamina on the campaign trail like no one we've seen in modern times.

Then, I think there are just a certain number of people who like Trump. They like his brash style. They like that he says what he means and doesn't give a shit about being politically correct. They admire his success and trust him to genuinely make America great again.

He's an answer alright; she was experienced, he is not; she got along with others, he does not; she was diplomatic, he is not; she has a well rounded education and grew up in a working class home, he did not; she has a tough skin, he does not.

He is a demagogue and a charlatan, she is not; he is a classic narcissist, she is a pol; He picks fights and insults people, she did not; he has been divorced and cheated on his wives; she did not cheat onb her spouse, and worked hare to live up to her wedding vows (which Trump did not).

She built relationships with our allies, he alienated them. And finally, she admits her mistakes and brain faults, Trump never does and blames everyone else - he never takes responsibility when things go wrong, and always takes credit for things he did not do when things go right (sometimes only in his words, not in the events).

Forum List

Back