🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why Trump's in Trouble: He's Underperforming Romney in 2012

BlackAsCoal

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2008
Our latest national NBC/WSJ poll is bad news for Donald Trump's prospects three weeks out until Election Day, and the problem for him runs deeper than the headline result showing Trump trailing Hillary Clinton by double digits. He's also underperforming Mitt Romney with key parts of the electorate, including women, men, Latinos, whites, and whites with college degrees. Just look at comparison between Trump's standing in our new poll and Romney's eventual standing in the 2012 exit poll:

net_performance_against_dem_opponent_trump_romney_chartbuilder_372bab6e905b7ab0c2d096e9c5988db0.nbcnews-ux-600-480.png

Why's Trump in trouble? He's underperforming Mitt Romney

Poll: Clinton leads Trump by 50 points among Latinos

Our latest national NBC/WSJ poll is bad news for Donald Trump's prospects three weeks out until Election Day, and the problem for him runs deeper than the headline result showing Trump trailing Hillary Clinton by double digits. He's also underperforming Mitt Romney with key parts of the electorate, including women, men, Latinos, whites, and whites with college degrees. Just look at comparison between Trump's standing in our new poll and Romney's eventual standing in the 2012 exit poll:

net_performance_against_dem_opponent_trump_romney_chartbuilder_372bab6e905b7ab0c2d096e9c5988db0.nbcnews-ux-600-480.png

Then you have nothing to worry about.

You might as well stay home election day

Hey . Remember how Mitt lost and the cons round here said it's cause "he wasn't conservative enough"?

Lol! Now look what u ended up with .

I think it's time for the Whigs to make a comeback.

Naw .. I've got to be in on the fun.

Most certainly nothing to worry about .. but the joy of putting a boot up right-wing ass is just too tempting to miss.

NIce try....listen, this is perhaps the most important election of all our life times...but if you want to stay home, I wouldn't mind a bit.

NIce try....listen, this is perhaps the most important election of all our life times...but if you want to stay home, I wouldn't mind a bit.

Nah, I'll be hitting the polls, but I'm not voting for anyone above senator

Trump’s Doing Worse Than Romney Did Among White Voters

Donald Trump’s strategy in this campaign has been fairly clear from the beginning: Drive up Republican support among white voters in order to compensate for the GOP’s shrinking share among the growing nonwhite portion of the electorate. And Trump has succeeded in overperforming among a certain slice of white voters, those without a college degree. But overall, the strategy isn’t working. Trump has a smaller lead among white voters than Mitt Romney did in 2012, and Trump’s margin seems to be falling from where it was when the general election began.

Four years ago, Romney beat President Obama among white voters by 17 percentage points, according to pre-election polls. That was the largest winning margin among white voters for any losing presidential candidate since at least 1948. Of course, even if Trump did just as well as Romney did, it would help him less, given that the 2016 electorate will probably be more diverse that 2012’s. And to win — even if the electorate remained as white as it was four years ago — Trump would need a margin of 22 percentage points or more among white voters.
Trump’s Doing Worse Than Romney Did Among White Voters

Romney laughing :lol:

Romney had shit for turn-out. There's no comparison. Trump has fired up the base and has amassed the most votes in Republican history AND that was accomplished with 17 candidates in the race. Be afraid....be very afraid.....believe me

Romney had shit for turn-out. There's no comparison. Trump has fired up the base and has amassed the most votes in Republican history AND that was accomplished with 17 candidates in the race. Be afraid....be very afraid.....believe me

The base isn't big enough. Sorry.

Afraid? Nope. Embarrassed? Absolutely.

Nah, I'll be hitting the polls, but I'm not voting for anyone above senator
The future of this country rest in the hand of a lying money pandering white bitch and a raging lunatic high off of drugs and bullshit.....no way am I not voting one of these mf's to retirement heaven permanently!! I suggest you rethink your goals.

You're afraid and you can't hide it. You spend more time bashing/attacking/talking about Trump than Hillary. Hell now you're starting threads on Mrs Trump. That's the mark of someone who's afraid.......believe me.

You're afraid and you can't hide it. You spend more time bashing/attacking/talking about Trump than Hillary. Hell now you're starting threads on Mrs Trump. That's the mark of someone who's afraid.......believe me.

I love that logic. Always have.

According to that logic, I've been afraid of McCain, Palin, Romney, Ryan and now Trump. It is awesome logic.

CK....I am anything but afraid. Trump won't become POTUS. It will be a glorious few days around here post election.

"Why Trump's in Trouble: He's Underperforming Romney in 2012"

...And the reason Trump is underperforming Romney's results is because Trump, quite simply, is an ineffably salacious sycophant. Truly, the man is a degenerate simple-minded abomination of humanity. Accordingly, it's right that he underperform Mitt Romney's 2012 election results.

Hey . Remember how Mitt lost and the cons round here said it's cause "he wasn't conservative enough"?

Lol! Now look what u ended up with .

I think it's time for the Whigs to make a comeback.

I don't know that Trump is really conservative in the traditional sense either. He's something different. I really don't know what he is other than nuts.

White guys would vote for a racist, feminist Clinton? What in the world?

That's Trump's problem. He only has the base. That's why he's consistently polling around 40%.

I love that logic. Always have.

According to that logic, I've been afraid of McCain, Palin, Romney, Ryan and now Trump. It is awesome logic.

CK....I am anything but afraid. Trump won't become POTUS. It will be a glorious few days around here post election.
McCain and Romney were/are worthless dopes. I saw their defeat months and months out. I knew Obama was going to clobber that dipshit McCain and I don't know if you know this or not but I voted for him (Obama) In '12 I sat it out because Romney was such a dope and knew he stood no chance. So no "that logic" isn't even comparable.

You're very worried. You have so many "tells" in your posts that you can't hide it.

Forum List

Back