Why was he running away?

The whole reason we have such a high murder rate in our society, is because we don't enforce the law.

America is #1 in locking up their citizens in the world. Soo, uh..

Here is the "Golden Triangle"
golden_triangle_map.gif

Here is Singapore

Screen Shot 2015-04-10 at 4.00.19 PM.png

Because Singapore is so close to the Golden Triangle, one of the worlds largest opium producing regions in the world, you would expect that Singapore being a primary trade port internationally would be over run with drugs.

Draconian Singapore has low rate of drug abuse Toronto GTA News Toronto

Instead Singapore has one of the lowest rates of drug abuse of any modern country. In 2012, they only recorded 2,000 drug offenses, in a city-state of 5.5 million people.

In comparison, LA has 3.8 Million people, and has recorded 121,000 drug offenses.

How do they do it?

SingaporeEmbarkationCard.png

Let's do likewise.

"Scott had been jailed repeatedly for failing to pay child support."

Oh great, so he runs from the cop because he doesn't want to be arrested for failing to pay child support, yet he was all set to buy a late model Mercedes. Typical negro absentee father. This shooting was justified.
Shooting a fleeing man in the back is justified?

No.. and yes.

According to the law, as it is written, the answer is no. Which is why the police officer will be tried, and I would put a good wager, he'll be convicted.

However, I believe the answer should be yes. You don't have the right to resist arrest. I so tired of people fight, attacking, taunting, resisting, police officers, and then whining that the police shoot them.

You *DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO RESIST ARREST*. Police are officers of the law. They have authority. You are to obey them. If you don't, then I personally don't give rats butt what happens to you. It's just that simple. DO WHAT YOU ARE TOLD. When you don't.... screw you.

I've had more run-ins with police in my life, than any 3 of you people put together.

I've never been tased, never beaten, never hit, never shot, never cuffed even. Why? It's real simple people.... when the officer says stay in the car, I stay in the car. When the officer says get out, I get out. When the officer says put your hand where I can see them, I put my hands where they can see them.

I don't argue. I don't taunt. I don't insult. I don't spit at, or harass. When they ask a question, I answer the question. I say "yes sir", and "no sir", and I am respectful.

Why is this so hard?

You know, what is even more ironic, is that these very same people, if they are sent to prison, suddenly they know how to be respectful. All of a sudden, treating people with respect, magically is something they all grasp.

The Social Order of the Underworld How Prison Gangs Govern the American Penal System David Skarbek 9780199328505 Amazon.com Books

The Social Order of the Underworld: How Prison Gangs Govern the American Penal System

A fascinating look at prison gangs. Key factor? Respect. You go to prison, you treat everyone there with respect. IF you don't, you get your face beat in, or stabbed, or worse. Funny how all these people can grasp respect in the prison, but can't grasp it with police. Yet if you people treated Police with HALF the respect they do each other in the prison system, there wouldn't be any of these police shootings.
Juries deliberate for days before deciding a vicious murderer deserves to die, but here you are suggesting that cops should waste anyone who resists and runs. I find it disturbing how cheaply we hold human life these days that we so easily call for the death of other people. We are becoming a culture of death and you are part of it.

Yes absolutely. People who run, are a danger to society. If you are willing to run from a police officer, then clearly you have absolutely no respect for the law.

No, I don't want anyone to die. STOP BREAKING THE LAW.

The whole reason we have such a high murder rate in our society, is because we don't enforce the law. Shoot criminals, and fewer innocent people will be killed. I have ZERO care for the life of a law breaker. 100% care, for the life of the innocent.

We've played it your way for 50 years, and the highest murder rate of any 1st world country, is the result. Time for a new plan.
You're ability to rationalize gunning people down in the streets in no way makes it right. Running from cops is wrong, but killing him as a punishment disproportionate to the crime. And an obese 50 year old man is not a danger to society. Your whole argument is based on exaggeration. It seems you just want black people to be gunned down and any excuse will do.

"Scott had been jailed repeatedly for failing to pay child support."

Oh great, so he runs from the cop because he doesn't want to be arrested for failing to pay child support, yet he was all set to buy a late model Mercedes. Typical negro absentee father. This shooting was justified.

No.. and yes.

According to the law, as it is written, the answer is no. Which is why the police officer will be tried, and I would put a good wager, he'll be convicted.

However, I believe the answer should be yes. You don't have the right to resist arrest. I so tired of people fight, attacking, taunting, resisting, police officers, and then whining that the police shoot them.

You *DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO RESIST ARREST*. Police are officers of the law. They have authority. You are to obey them. If you don't, then I personally don't give rats butt what happens to you. It's just that simple. DO WHAT YOU ARE TOLD. When you don't.... screw you.

I've had more run-ins with police in my life, than any 3 of you people put together.

I've never been tased, never beaten, never hit, never shot, never cuffed even. Why? It's real simple people.... when the officer says stay in the car, I stay in the car. When the officer says get out, I get out. When the officer says put your hand where I can see them, I put my hands where they can see them.

I don't argue. I don't taunt. I don't insult. I don't spit at, or harass. When they ask a question, I answer the question. I say "yes sir", and "no sir", and I am respectful.

Why is this so hard?

You know, what is even more ironic, is that these very same people, if they are sent to prison, suddenly they know how to be respectful. All of a sudden, treating people with respect, magically is something they all grasp.

The Social Order of the Underworld How Prison Gangs Govern the American Penal System David Skarbek 9780199328505 Amazon.com Books

The Social Order of the Underworld: How Prison Gangs Govern the American Penal System

A fascinating look at prison gangs. Key factor? Respect. You go to prison, you treat everyone there with respect. IF you don't, you get your face beat in, or stabbed, or worse. Funny how all these people can grasp respect in the prison, but can't grasp it with police. Yet if you people treated Police with HALF the respect they do each other in the prison system, there wouldn't be any of these police shootings.
Juries deliberate for days before deciding a vicious murderer deserves to die, but here you are suggesting that cops should waste anyone who resists and runs. I find it disturbing how cheaply we hold human life these days that we so easily call for the death of other people. We are becoming a culture of death and you are part of it.

Yes absolutely. People who run, are a danger to society. If you are willing to run from a police officer, then clearly you have absolutely no respect for the law.

The whole reason we have such a high murder rate in our society, is because we don't enforce the law. Shoot criminals, and fewer innocent people will be killed. I have ZERO care for the life of a law breaker. 100% care, for the life of the innocent.

We've played it your way for 50 years, and the highest murder rate of any 1st world country, is the result. Time for a new plan.
You're ability to rationalize gunning people down in the streets in no way makes it right. Running from cops is wrong, but killing him as a punishment disproportionate to the crime. And an obese 50 year old man is not a danger to society. Your whole argument is based on exaggeration. It seems you just want black people to be gunned down and any excuse will do.

You are of course allowed to be full of crap, and wrong. I don't care what you think. Never did, never will.

I stand by my prior statement.

The "reasons to kill a black man" list is getting rather long

Add running to the list

I don't care if you are purple, white, red, yellow, or blue with pink dots. You don't run.

Thats seems to always be said whenever theres a black guy dead. Weird

That seems to always be the reply whenever a liberal is faced with the truth.

An-Delusion, what is the truth? The cop is in jail, no bail, charged with murder because he shot an UNARMED black guy 8 times in the back after he ran from the scene. Walter Scott was stopped for a non-moving traffic violation and 2 minutes later he was dead. Those are the facts, regardless of how they conflict with your "truth".

Here is reality: If he had been a white guy in a 2015 Mercedes out for a test drive, the fucking cop wouldn't have stopped him in the first place.

Maybe you should try reality since your "truth" fails.

Add running to the list

I don't care if you are purple, white, red, yellow, or blue with pink dots. You don't run.

An-Delusion, what is the truth? The cop is in jail, no bail, charged with murder because he shot an UNARMED black guy 8 times in the back after he ran from the scene. Walter Scott was stopped for a non-moving traffic violation and 2 minutes later he was dead. Those are the facts, regardless of how they conflict with your "truth".

Here is reality: If he had been a white guy in a 2015 Mercedes out for a test drive, the fucking cop wouldn't have stopped him in the first place.

I never denied any of that. Except for your mythical "if it had been a white guy, the cop would have given him hugs and kiss, and shove money in his pockets" garbage you made up.

I never denied any of the rest of what you said. Never.

I still don't care. I stand by my previous statements. You don't matter to me. Never will.

Add running to the list

I never denied any of that. Except for your mythical "if it had been a white guy, the cop would have given him hugs and kiss, and shove money in his pockets" garbage you made up.

I still don't care. I stand by my previous statements. You don't matter to me. Never will.

My "myth" is the reality for many white people. Maybe you're not white and you don't live in central Jersey or Bucks County, PA. But then it doesn't matter where you live, you're stupid wherever you are.

My "myth" is the reality for many white people. Maybe you're not white and you don't live in central Jersey or Bucks County, PA. But then it doesn't matter where you live, you're stupid wherever you are.

You seem to still have me confused with someone who values your opinion. I stand by my prior statements.

No.. and yes.

Why is this so hard?

You are of course allowed to be full of crap, and wrong. I don't care what you think. Never did, never will.

I stand by my prior statement.
I know you do. Maybe when a cop hydes your backside and handcuffs your dead corpse you'll finally get it.

I was one of the first on the bandwagon to say to hang the cop who shot the unarmed black man in the back in SC.

Tonight I saw the dashcam video from the police cruiser, and I want to know, what caused the black man to get out of his car and take off running?

He shouldn't have been killed over it(I don't think), but I would like to know the answer.

Doing what little he could to get away from a murderer?

Just a guess...
I don't support what the cop did but if the guy had just allowed himself to be taken in he'd probably be alive right now and probably out on Bail/bond.

I was one of the first on the bandwagon to say to hang the cop who shot the unarmed black man in the back in SC.

Tonight I saw the dashcam video from the police cruiser, and I want to know, what caused the black man to get out of his car and take off running?

He shouldn't have been killed over it(I don't think), but I would like to know the answer.

Just a guess...
I don't support what the cop did but if the guy had just allowed himself to be taken in he'd probably be alive right now and probably out on Bail/bond.
The guy has zero culpability in what was done to him. Zero.

Just a guess...

Bad guess, pissant!

The man, 50-year old Walter Scott had a warrant for non-payment of child support and apparently ran to avoid going to jail on that charge. Did the police have the right to shoot him to prevent his escape? The law is clear they did not.. The police can use deadly force against a fleeing suspect only if the suspect is a dangerous felon. This means that the suspect has either inflicted or threatened to inflict serious bodily harm. Scott was not a dangerous felon by any stretch of the imagination, and the use of deadly force against him was criminal.

In Tennessee v. Garner, the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) examined a Tennessee State statute which allowed the police to use deadly force against ALL fleeing felony suspects. The SCOTUS found the Tennessee statute to be unconstitutional, ruling that deadly force could only be used to prevent the escape of a dangerous felon. The following are pertinent portions of the Supreme Court's Court's findings (highlights are my own):

The use of deadly force to prevent the escape of all felony suspects, whatever the circumstances, is constitutionally unreasonable. It is not better that all felony suspects die than that they escape. Where the suspect poses no immediate threat to the officer and no threat to others, the harm resulting from failing to apprehend him does not justify the use of deadly force to do so. It is no doubt unfortunate when a suspect who is in sight escapes, but the fact that the police arrive a little late or are a little slower afoot does not always justify killing the suspect. A police officer may not seize an unarmed, nondangerous suspect by shooting him dead. The Tennessee statute is unconstitutional insofar as it authorizes the use of deadly force against such fleeing suspects.”

However, it is not unconstitutional on its face. Where the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a threat of serious physical harm, either to the officer or to others, it is not constitutionally unreasonable to prevent escape by using deadly force. Thus, if the suspect threatens the officer with a weapon or there is probable cause to believe that he has committed a crime involving the infliction or threatened infliction of serious physical harm, deadly force may be used if necessary to prevent escape, and if, where feasible, some warning has been given. As applied in such circumstances, the Tennessee statute would pass constitutional muster.”

Tennessee v. Garner Cop Block

I hope that answers your question.

It wasn't a "felony stop" and the cop had no reason to fear fro his life.

We'll see a lot of twist and shout as this unfolds but there is nothing that will make the basic facts go away.
Basic fact is, the guy had no reason to run either, did he?

Just a guess...

He didnt pay his child support and got a warrant for his arrest because of it.
Had he payed his child support and not tried to run he would be alive,so yes he does bear some responsibility for his own death.
Whats the recurring theme in all these police shootings? Resisting arrest,running and a long criminal history.
The cop shouldnt have shot the guy,but I'm finding it a little difficult to feel sorry for him.

Just a guess...
I'm not at all justifying him being killed but wonder if he'd be alive if he'd stayed in the car like the cop told him too. All the latest brutality situations have one thing in common, all were resisting or disobeying the police. Maybe greater emphasis has to be made in police training for how to handle those who disobey orders or resist arrest. I also think all police should have to have dash cams and body cams. They will protect the public and the cop,allow review of performance by the officer and highlight problem area's.

Just a guess...
I'm not at all justifying him being killed but wonder if he'd be alive if he'd stayed in the car like the cop told him too. All the latest brutality situations have one thing in common, all were resisting or disobeying the police. Maybe greater emphasis has to be made in police training for how to handle those who disobey orders or resist arrest. I also think all police should have to have dash cams and body cams. They will protect the public and the cop,allow review of performance by the officer and highlight problem area's.
There's already plenty of training on correct procedure to deal with people resisting and running away. It's so simple I can sum it up in three words.

Don't shoot them.

Just a guess...

He didnt pay his child support and got a warrant for his arrest because of it.
Had he payed his child support and not tried to run he would be alive,so yes he does bear some responsibility for his own death.
Whats the recurring theme in all these police shootings? Resisting arrest,running and a long criminal history.
The cop shouldnt have shot the guy,but I'm finding it a little difficult to feel sorry for him.
I feel sorry for him and his family because he didn't deserve to die.

Just a guess...
There's already plenty of training on correct procedure to deal with people resisting and running away. It's so simple I can sum it up in three words.

Don't shoot them.

That would depend on a lot of factors. In this case he shouldnt have shot the guy but there are plenty of instances where it's justified.

Just a guess...

Don't shoot them.

Not enough apparently because it keeps happening all around the country. There are physical factors like overload of adrenaline that might not be covered in training.

Forum List

Back