CDZ Why was the fully automatic firing system banned?

They are not actually banned, simply more expensive to get.
Nosmos, what you don’t get is they are not illegal. You just have to have the proper paperwork.

So it would be alright to require the same paperwork for some other guns?

Nope.....that would be unConstitutional...as is the ban on fully automatic rifles......see Heller....you twit.

You think the ban on fully automatic rifles is unconstitutional?
And they haven't made them 4 at least 35 years

i know people can still get them if they pay a special tax, register and are willing to shuck out big dollars for one. But why did the federal government put all those infringements in the way of people bearing Thompson sub machine guns and other weapons withma fully automatic firing system? How has that infringement held up against court challenges all these years?

The main reason is because no one went to defend the ruling when the prosecution appealed their loss to the Supreme Court. All lower Courts had refused to convict based on the wording of the 2nd Amendment. The Supremes, however, ruled that the short barreled shotgun at the heart of the case could be banned because it had "no forseeable military purpose."

Nothing unusual with franco.
of course, being Trump he had to lie about Obama. Obama did not legalize bump stocks, the GOP blocked him from Banning them.

As usual, completely untrue.

More to story on NRA's claim that Obama approved bump stocks
Politico sometimes has to BS in order to say something against Democrats. Much like the LIE of the year which was total b*******. The GOP blocked everything he wanted.

Just because it's Politico doesn't mean it's not true.
Read the article. If you think Obama approved bump stocks, you are seriously brainwashed...

Now we're playing word games? Obama's BATF and Department of Justice were the ones who gave the SlideFIre Company the go-ahead to manufacture and sell them.

How is Obama's BATF and DOJ not an extension of him? Do you think they circumvented Obama's wishes and legalized them on their own?

of course, being Trump he had to lie about Obama. Obama did not legalize bump stocks, the GOP blocked him from Banning them.

Politico sometimes has to BS in order to say something against Democrats. Much like the LIE of the year which was total b*******. The GOP blocked everything he wanted.

Read the article. If you think Obama approved bump stocks, you are seriously brainwashed...

Now we're playing word games? Obama's BATF and Department of Justice were the ones who gave the SlideFIre Company the go-ahead to manufacture and sell them.

How is Obama's BATF and DOJ not an extension of him? Do you think they circumvented Obama's wishes and legalized them on their own?

Hell. Even Snopes knows that the legalization and sales of bump fire stocks were on Obama's watch. They don't even want to touch the subject.
Again there were regulations that made it impossible to ban them and of course the GOP block them from changing that regulation. Do you need a diagram

Machine Guns - Arsenal JSCo. - Bulgarian manufacturer of weapons and ammunition since 1878

Nosmos, what you don’t get is they are not illegal. You just have to have the proper paperwork.

Nope.....that would be unConstitutional...as is the ban on fully automatic rifles......see Heller....you twit.

There are still millions of them out there if you can afford them. I know of two people in my area who have them, as I can hear them across the hills, firing them every New Year's Eve and Fourth of July.

It is not that his administration approved them. It is that they refused to classified them as machine guns. Not much of a difference, is there?

One of the very, very few good thing that Obama did.
No, an existing regulation made that impossible. D u h!

Hell. Even Snopes knows that the legalization and sales of bump fire stocks were on Obama's watch. They don't even want to touch the subject.
Again there were regulations that made it impossible to ban them and of course the GOP block them from changing that regulation. Do you need a diagram

Yes, please draw me a diagram showing the GOP "blocked" anything, in regard to changing some regulations.

There are still millions of them out there if you can afford them. I know of two people in my area who have them, as I can hear them across the hills, firing them every New Year's Eve and Fourth of July.
Link to Millions? LOL!

Link to Millions? LOL!
ATF Reveals The Number of Registered Machine Guns - The Truth About Guns of machine guns you can buy about 175,000.

Link to Millions? LOL!

So I spoke without looking it up. The correct number as of February 24, 2016 is just under a half million. That's still a pretty impressive number.

ATF Reveals The Number of Registered Machine Guns - The Truth About Guns
Do the math: If I figured correctly, that's 2 out of 10 people in this country.

Yes, please draw me a diagram showing the GOP "blocked" anything, in regard to changing some regulations.
They blocked everything Obama wanted except ACA.

Link to Millions? LOL!

So I spoke without looking it up. The correct number as of February 24, 2016 is just under a half million. That's still a pretty impressive number.

The number of machine guns that are transferable is about 175000 and going down all the time.

Link to Millions? LOL!
ATF Reveals The Number of Registered Machine Guns - The Truth About Guns of machine guns you can buy about 175,000.

Read much? From your own link:

"The total number on the books as of February 24, 2016 is just under a half million:
  • Pre 86 (transferables): 175,977
  • Sales Samples (pre May keepers): 17,020
  • Restricted 922(o) (posties): 297,667"

Link to Millions? LOL!

The number of machine guns that are transferable is about 175000 and going down all the time.

Well maybe one or two more conservatives on the Supreme Court, and we can fix that problem, eh?

It is not that his administration approved them. It is that they refused to classified them as machine guns. Not much of a difference, is there?

One of the very, very few good thing that Obama did.
No, an existing regulation made that impossible. D u h!

But yet Obama's administration put out a guidance letter that said bump stocks were not a machine gun, duh!

i know people can still get them if they pay a special tax, register and are willing to shuck out big dollars for one. But why did the federal government put all those infringements in the way of people bearing Thompson sub machine guns and other weapons withma fully automatic firing system? How has that infringement held up against court challenges all these years?

criminals dont follow that process

in fact felons are exempt from having to register any firearm

registration only affects the law abiding

Link to Millions? LOL!

More like 1 out of 700...

Are you stating that is the only thing Obama got passed in 8 years? Lol

They blocked everything Obama wanted except ACA.

Forum List

Back