Why White People Don’t Like to Talk About Race

You guys know what a plutocracy is, right? All sarcasm and facetiousness aside...
It's ruling by the wealthy, isn't it? We don't literally have a plutocracy but the wealthy do have a great impact on our society.
I have this realization spurred by years of experience. YES, there are people that are manipulating our political system to their benefit and they do so using proxies...the "deep state" isn't a paranoid delusion. They don't care about blacks, women or guns or climate change either, but they pretend too.
If there is a deep state, whites have benefited from it.

You guys know what a plutocracy is, right? All sarcasm and facetiousness aside...
It's ruling by the wealthy, isn't it? We don't literally have a plutocracy but the wealthy do have a great impact on our society.
I have this realization spurred by years of experience. YES, there are people that are manipulating our political system to their benefit and they do so using proxies...the "deep state" isn't a paranoid delusion. They don't care about blacks, women or guns or climate change either, but they pretend too.
If there is a deep state, whites have benefited from it.

If this thread you started is about how whites are afraid to talk about race, you should be celebrating me as a brave exception and asking me all about my perspective.

BUT, it is really just you throwing shit at the wall.

internalized-racism-and-academic-success-understanding-the-role-of-cultural-racism-in-the-lives-of-young-leaders-of-color-5-728.jpg

They want nobody to consider color or race even as race is consistently used by whites as a qualifying factor. They claim to be colorblind and want to see people as individuals. Hence they are practicing a modern form of racism whereby the only standard or experiences they accept as valid are those of whites. Therefore non whites are making up racism but whites are the ones being discriminated against now. Therefore policies like Affirmative Action do not address centuries long racism by whites. Instead it discriminates against whites

internalized-racism-and-academic-success-understanding-the-role-of-cultural-racism-in-the-lives-of-young-leaders-of-color-5-728.jpg

They want nobody to consider color or race even as race is consistently used by whites as a qualifying factor. They claim to be colorblind and want to see people as individuals. Hence they are practicing a modern form of racism whereby the only standard or experiences they accept as valid are those of whites. Therefore non whites are making up racism but whites are the ones being discriminated against now. Therefore policies like Affirmative Action do not address centuries long racism by whites. Instead it discriminates against whites

oh, Silva asserted it? Well that settles that then, doesn't it?

LOL!!!!!

Group 1: Don’t want to talk about race
Group 2: Don’t know how to talk about race

Niiiice.

But you might've forgot one. See, look:

Group 3: Never denies that Race barriers exist and openly, agrees, that Race barriers exist ---up until, they meet a victim! Or, up until, they are asked to define how Racism still exists in real time.

For all the white slave owners , there where many more whites that never wanted it or profited by it. And we fought THEM and WE died in the civil war. And we don't have numbers over our heads and we didn't profit either way...we cant be enumerated. Don't forget ..them, or US.
The system of racism was more than slavery. And if you want to keep trying to argue, go study up because at this point your argument amounts to a load of disingenuous baloney.

Beginning in 1958, the United States government decided to pay descendants of confederate soldiers reparations. They got them from 1958 until 2017 for a war none of them were alive for and that none of them fought. These were monthly checks for a war their ancestors fought against the United States. For years, black tax money went to pay whites who descended from slaveowners and overseers. But when it comes time to recognize the damage done to blacks we get excuses and idiocy from all sides, and that includes some in the black community.

Beginning in 1958, the United States government decided to pay descendants of confederate soldiers reparations.

Liar.

Wrong. As usual. Actually they began paying before 1958 and descendants who weren't alive or did not fight in that war got checks. There are descendants of Spanish War vets getting paid today also.

https://www.usnews.com/news/article...ments-payroll-151-years-after-last-shot-fired

Black supremacist attacked Jews in NY last month...That's kinda one those liberal "OH SHIT" moments. Epiphany city. Lets look a that for a moment...one fleeting moment. Pelosi hates Trump. Liberals deluding themselves they are above HATE, when in fact, that's their prime motivation.

Last edited:
For all the white slave owners , there where many more whites that never wanted it or profited by it. And we fought THEM and WE died in the civil war. And we don't have numbers over our heads and we didn't profit either way...we cant be enumerated. Don't forget ..them, or US.
The system of racism was more than slavery. And if you want to keep trying to argue, go study up because at this point your argument amounts to a load of disingenuous baloney.

Beginning in 1958, the United States government decided to pay descendants of confederate soldiers reparations. They got them from 1958 until 2017 for a war none of them were alive for and that none of them fought. These were monthly checks for a war their ancestors fought against the United States. For years, black tax money went to pay whites who descended from slaveowners and overseers. But when it comes time to recognize the damage done to blacks we get excuses and idiocy from all sides, and that includes some in the black community.

Beginning in 1958, the United States government decided to pay descendants of confederate soldiers reparations.

Liar.

Wrong. As usual. Actually they began paying before 1958 and descendants who weren't alive or did not fight in that war got checks. There are descendants of Spanish War vets getting paid today also.

https://www.usnews.com/news/article...ments-payroll-151-years-after-last-shot-fired

Actually they began paying before 1958 and descendants who weren't alive or did not fight in that war got checks.

Military pensions.

You lied and said reparations.

Group 1: Don’t want to talk about race
Group 2: Don’t know how to talk about race

Niiiice.

But you might've forgot one. See, look:

Group 3: Never denies that Race barriers exist and openly, agrees, that Race barriers exist ---up until, they meet a victim! Or, up until, they are asked to define how Racism still exists in real time.

I didn't forget that one. I posted the ones that apply here at USMB.

You guys do the following:

Gaslighting is a form of psychological manipulation that seeks to sow seeds of doubt in a targeted individual or in members of a targeted group, making them question their own memory, perception, and sanity. Using persistent denial, misdirection, contradiction, and lying, it attempts to destabilize the victim and delegitimize the victim's belief.

White%2BFragility%2BLove%2BLife%2BOf%2BAn%2BAsian%2BGuy%2BPhoto.jpg

history-year-9-racism-9-638.jpg

759966221-d7d3c203e58c72a195af1cfc487492ce.jpg

Black supremacist attacked Jews .That's kinda one those liberal "OH SHIT" moments. Epiphany city. Lets look a that for a moment...one fleeting moment. Pelosi hates Trump. Liberals deluding themselves they are above HATE, when in fact, that's their prime motivation.
No, that's not an Oh shit moment. That was an ignorant black man who deserves to be put in prison. Now when you can show as many blacks doing that as whites have done, we'll talk about equivalence.

Black supremacist attacked Jews .That's kinda one those liberal "OH SHIT" moments. Epiphany city. Lets look a that for a moment...one fleeting moment. Pelosi hates Trump. Liberals deluding themselves they are above HATE, when in fact, that's their prime motivation.
No, that's not an Oh shit moment. That was an ignorant black man who deserves to be put in prison. Now when you can show as many blacks doing that as whites have done, we'll talk about equivalence.
I recently heard that skit Chris Rock had about the value of having "White Friends". Yeah, like that. But I am not your friend. Neither am I your enemy.

Liar.

Actually they began paying before 1958 and descendants who weren't alive or did not fight in that war got checks.

Military pensions.

Those are reparations.

reparation

1. the making of amends for a wrong one has done, by paying money to or otherwise helping those who have been wronged.

the compensation for war damage paid by a defeated state.

2. the action of repairing something.

Confederate descendants got paid reparations with my tax money for over 30 years for a war none of them fought in that was fought against the United States.

I recently heard that skit Chris Rock had about the value of having "White Friends". Yeah, like that. But I am not your friend. Neither am I your enemy.
You guys love using that Chris Rock skit. But what about the George Carlin skit about white people where he said that whites have no reason to sing the blues. This is not about friend or enemy, it's about you understanding the holistic damage 243 and one half years of white racism has had upon black people.

Reparations? Ok . Fine with me. But, my Yiddish bookkeeper self cries out: you have to factor in say, the lives lost and the treasure spent to free the slaves, what is THAT cost? Can you estimate the worth of that? Lets talk taxes, WHO do you tax to pay THOSE reparations? WHO? Is there some kind of litmus test? Because this is kinda sounding preposterous...

Last edited:
You guys love using that Chris Rock skit. But what about the George Carlin skit about white people where he said that whites have no reason to sing the blues. This is not about friend or enemy, it's about you understanding the holistic damage 243 and one half years of white racism has had upon black people.
I know many who are doing just fine. You simply have turned out to be a loser. It happens... But worry not. You are not representative of all American Negros.

Those were some very accurate examples and images you provided there to solidify your stance.

Nonetheless, my post you replied to was meant to be supplemental to or complimentary to or an addendum to all those exhibits you posted. Since none of your great exhibits spoke to the legion of "don't want to talk about Race" members who I identified [as Group 3, in making a play off of your scholarship I quoted there] via my short time here on USMB .

Soooo...my bad if I offended you with my witty contribution here, and clearly, a huge apology for me not making it clear that we are on the same side of Justice.

Warmest Regards,

Liar.

Military pensions.

Those are reparations.

reparation

1. the making of amends for a wrong one has done, by paying money to or otherwise helping those who have been wronged.

the compensation for war damage paid by a defeated state.

2. the action of repairing something.

Confederate descendants got paid reparations with my tax money for over 30 years for a war none of them fought in that was fought against the United States.

Thanks for the definitions.

So you weren't lying, you were just ignorant.
I understand.

In the United States, white people (and all other 'groups' of people - sorry leftists) talk about race all the damn time. You'd be hard pressed to find a country where people (of all 'races' - sorry leftists) talk about it more.
If that is true it would be because we are the most diverse nation on the planet that has money. There can be many reasons but pettiness and jealousies of each other inflames any cultural ways of any groups or individuals.

Once again, in English?

Those were some very accurate examples and images you provided there to solidify your stance.

Nonetheless, my post you replied to was meant to be supplemental to or complimentary to or an addendum to all those exhibits you posted. Since none of your great exhibits spoke to the legion of "don't want to talk about Race" members who I identified [as Group 3, in making a play off of your scholarship I quoted there] via my short time here on USMB .

Soooo...my bad if I offended you with my witty contribution here, and clearly, a huge apology for me not making it clear that we are on the same side of Justice.

Warmest Regards,
My apologies to you for taking what you said the wrong way. I'm just used to being attacked by idiots like toadstoolpatriot who refuse to accept the facts.

If America decided to pay reparations to descendants of slaves, would the descendants of white slaves qualify too?

Korin Anita, Working Class Hero

Oh, god, not this tripe again. There were no white slaves in the US. None. Zero.

People who wanted to come to the colonies could get transport by selling their labor for a fixed period. Their indenture could then be sold on to someone in the colonies who needed labor. BUT the indenture was held under laws regulating the responsibilities of the person holding the indenture. If they failed to meet their responsibility then the indentured servant could take them to court. Think a slave could do that?

An indentured servant was for a fixed period of time, NOT LIFE, and did not apply to a spouse or children, unlike chattel slavery.

Quite a few people came here as indentured servants. One of my ancestors came as an indentured servant, not even of his own will as he was tossed out of Ireland. He did his time, married the daughter of the man who held his indenture and saved enough money to buy a lot of land. He became a successful planter and breeder of horses, something the Irish are great at. Does that sound like chattel slavery to you?

White slaves…jeez, read genuine history, people.

https://www.quora.com/If-America-de...d-the-descendants-of-white-slaves-qualify-too

Forum List

Back