Zone1 Why whites have more wealth than blacks.

That wasn't the corporations, that was your liberal politician buddies continually hiking taxes. More than half of the average family's incomes goes to paying taxes of one kind or another.
I believe Reagan gave rich people tax breaks and paid for it by increasing our taxes, raising the retirement age, etc.....

We didn't hike taxes. Reagan, Bush and Trump cut taxes. Can you show me the tax hikes we implemented? It would have to be Clinton, Obama or Biden. Show me the bill bitch.

That wasn't the corporations, that was your liberal politician buddies continually hiking taxes. More than half of the average family's incomes goes to paying taxes of one kind or another.

The result was devastating. Our government was suddenly so badly awash in red ink that Reagan doubled the tax paid only by people earning less than $40,000/year (FICA)

And the owner came up with an idea, risked his own money to start a business, worked 12 hours a day to get it off the ground, delayed personal purchases in order to put profits back into the business for growth, and eventually was successful enough to provide livelihoods for other people.

Calculating in 2023 dollars, my highest-paid employee earned $130,000 (a professional job). My lowest-paid, a support position that required no education, paid $45,000.

Stop pretending that business owners are the enemy.
All for One, and That One All for Himself

First of all, the next owners, especially if they're heiring parasites, did none of that. Second, being a workoholic zombie destroys ethics and personality. Third, a jack of all trades is master of none-the entrepreneur bit off more than he could chew because he was too egoistic to delegate responsibility. Fourth, he didn't do any of that all by himself; his employees were helping him create the company all along the way—There's No "I" in "Team."

Where merit is obvious. At any rate we need to tax the rich again and invest in cheap college and training and infrastructure so we can compete in the modern world instead of selling each other hamburgers and insurance....and minorities and everyone else can move up.
Most whose lives are in the shitter have brought it on themselves.

I believe Reagan gave rich people tax breaks and paid for it by increasing our taxes, raising the retirement age, etc.....

We didn't hike taxes. Reagan, Bush and Trump cut taxes. Can you show me the tax hikes we implemented? It would have to be Clinton, Obama or Biden. Show me the bill bitch.
Reagan cut taxes and removed many loopholes people used to avoid paying taxes. The problem is that one of the agreements he had with Tio O'Neil was that congress would cut spending and as usual, the democrats reneged on the deal. Income from taxes went up, but spending went up much faster. Tip O'Neil screwed Reagan over several times by breaking promises.

All for One, and That One All for Himself

First of all, the next owners, especially if they're heiring parasites, did none of that. Second, being a workoholic zombie destroys ethics and personality. Third, a jack of all trades is master of none-the entrepreneur bit off more than he could chew because he was too egoistic to delegate responsibility. Fourth, he didn't do any of that all by himself; his employees were helping him create the company all along the way—There's No "I" in "Team."
What do you mean “the next owners”? You seem to think business owners have built up an empire that they hand down to their heirs. In the majority of the cases, these are small businesses employing five or fewer people, with enough left over for the owner to perhaps bring home $100k or so.

In most cases, the children have no interest in the headaches and risk of running a small business, and they go on to different careers.

Your disdain for the backbone of society is - self-supporting people who work hard, build up a small business, provide livelihoods for a few people, all while providing a useful product or service - is indicative of why our country is in decline.

I have but I am talking about Fox and Internet conspiracy nuts et cetera that I think is where most of the dupes get their news the other two are more insidious but I haven't watched them enough to really have any examples at the moment. But Fach gave a lot of people the impression that vaccines the election fauci biden honesty were all frauds etc etc. Pathetic garbage totally discredited extremely divisive hateful anti-american crap.

Your list adds up to the one reason poverty and racism systematic.... Actually 70% of jobs are produced by small business and the rich are just shuffling their dividends and papers around. And designing 500 foot yachts. You have no clue how unequal our society has become the last 40 years. Google the demise of the middle class facts left
3. WORKERS COMPENSATED FOR THE LOSS OF INCOME BY SPENDING THEIR SAVINGS.
The savings Rose up to Reagan and fell during and after.
1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%
2006 = -1.1% (Negative = withdrawing from savings)
A 12.3% drop after Reagan.
4. WORKERS ALSO BORROWED TO MAKE UP FOR THE LOSS.

Household Debt as percentage of GDP:
1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%
A 45% increase after 1980.
5. SO THE GAP BETWEEN THE RICHEST AND THE POOREST HAS GROWN.
Gap Between the Share of Capital Income earned by the top 1%
and the bottom 80%:
1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%
A 5.6 times increase.
6. AND THE AMERICAN DREAM IS GONE.

The Probably of Moving Up from the Bottom 40% to the Top 40%:
1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%
A 10% Decrease.
Links:
1 = ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/special.requests/pf/totalf1.txt
1 = https://www.clevelandfed.org/Research/PolicyDis/No7Nov04.pdf
1 = Clipboard01.jpg (image)
2 – http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/blog/09/04/27/CongratulationstoEmmanuelSaez/
3 = http://www.demos.org/inequality/images/charts/uspersonalsaving_thumb.gif
3 = http://www.bea.gov/national/nipaweb...able=58&Freq=Qtr&FirstYear=2008&LastYear=2010
4 = Prudent Bear Fund
4 = The Fed - Financial Accounts of the United States - Z.1 - Current Release
5/6 = 15 Mind-Blowing Facts About Wealth And Inequality In America
Overview = http://www.ourfuture.org/blog-entry/2010062415/reagan-r
It's very calm over here, why not leave a comment?

Leave a Rep​

This post could have been 1,000 times longer than it is, and it still would be self-destroyed by putting the election, Fauci, and especially Biden in the same sentence as the word "honesty". Wow. This is how far in la la land, these people are. :rolleyes: :cuckoo:

Saying That the Rich Create Jobs Is Like Saying That Vampires Create Blood
The rich DO create jobs. In big companies, with thousands of employees, at the top of it, is some rich person(s) who made it happen. You probably had a job and a livelihood yourself from that, at some point in time.

Get rid of hereditary advantages, yes. Affirmative action, no.
So you support the #1 racism in America, discriminating against, by far, the largest number of victims (whites & Asians). You are a racist, amd need to be held accountable for that.

BS. We have the lowest inflation and best economy of any major country and everyone except you people know it is Putin's fault. Trump wanted to get out of nato and let Putin have Ukraine, is what his Sec. of Defense is saying now. Everything you know is crap.
Look at the idiot diminishing our inflation woe. My rent went from $600/mo 3 years ago, to $1350 now. Gas is up100%.
Liberals will say anything. :rolleyes:

Look at the idiot diminishing our inflation woe. My rent went from $600/mo 3 years ago, to $1350 now. Gas is up100%.
Liberals will say anything. :rolleyes:
They think if they tell the same lie over and over again, people will believe them.

Sorry about the rent. My niece, age 28, just had to move back in with her mother after sharing a 2-bedroom apartment with a friend for four years. She couldn’t even afford HALF the rent on the place.

And the daughter a friend, also in her 20s, just saw her rent hiked to $2200 for a modest 1-bedroom apartment. Her father is helping her pay it.

They think if they tell the same lie over and over again, people will believe them.

Sorry about the rent. My niece, age 28, just had to move back in with her mother after sharing a 2-bedroom apartment with a friend for four years. She couldn’t even afford HALF the rent on the place.

And the daughter a friend, also in her 20s, just saw her rent hiked to $2200 for a modest 1-bedroom apartment. Her father is helping her pay it.
When I was single, back in the 60's, it took at least 3 and usually 4 of us living together in a 2-bedroom apartment to afford the rent. So this much hasn't changed much.

When I was single, back in the 60's, it took at least 3 and usually 4 of us living together in a 2-bedroom apartment to afford the rent. So this much hasn't changed much.
You’re an oldie but goodie, eh?

When I first got out of college, in the early 80s, all my friends were either tripled or quadrupled up in rental townhouses or apartments, as well. Nowadays, these liberals insist that the minimum wage be raised so that high school grads can afford their own place.

You’re an oldie but goodie, eh?

When I first got out of college, in the early 80s, all my friends were either tripled or quadrupled up in rental townhouses or apartments, as well. Nowadays, these liberals insist that the minimum wage be raised so that high school grads can afford their own place.
Today landlords really don't want that many in a single apartment. In fact, many cities now have occupancy laws that prohibit it.

Today landlords really don't want that many in a single apartment. In fact, many cities now have occupancy laws that prohibit it.
Well, certainly 2 adults can share a 2-bedroom.

And a friend of mine owns a 3-bedroom townhouse, renting out each of the other 2 bedrooms at $700 each. She says it pays the mortgage.

So, there are still ways.

Forum List

Back