Why Work?

Is this ridiculous or what?

• Total voters
Why don't you go live in the lap of welfare luxury and come back and give us a report? If wages have stagnated for so long that the minimum wage is comparable to welfare we have a problem bigger than the "welfare queens" you obsess over.

I bet you all those welfare queens have at least a 32 " flat screen television and a smart phone....

I've seen those welfare queens far too many times in the grocery store using the EBT card to buy food they say they don't have the money to purchase yet magically being able to find cash to buy beer and cigarettes in a subsequent transaction.

Liar.

Since I've seen them with my own eyes, I'll take that over what you wish didn't happen.

Bullshit. Nutter meme. Nothing more.

It simply destroys your agenda to know that there are people abusing the system.

I've seen them. If you can disprove it, go ahead.

OP- Total RW BS. Everyone would rather have a good job, of course not the crap min wage jobs that only ruin people. BTW, hater dupes, everyone on welfare has to look for work, prove it, and gets screened for drugs. Dumbass hater dupes.

At least now people don't have to quit jobs and go on Welfare to get Medicaid. Except in moron red states, of course.

One, only one or two states do drug screens for welfare. The others don't.

Two, looking for work and working are two different things. Anybody that goes to a job interview with dirty cloths on and messed up hair won't be offered a job so that's a moot point.

Three, there are all kinds of jobs out there that are not bad paying but Americans would rather sit home on welfare.
One. BS, they all ask screening questions, and look up your history, then test the suspicious. Drug testing poor people in general is STUPID and has found less than 1% are doing drugs.

Two. Insane BS

3. The hell there are, dupe.

Asking somebody if they use narcotics is different than an actual random drug screen which no state does.

Anybody can blow a job interview. It's the easiest thing in the world to do because you can apply for any job be it a floor sweeper, an engineer, an airplane pilot because all they want are names of companies you applied at. We used to do it all the time while on unemployment when we were younger.

Yes, there are all kinds of jobs out there, particularly in my industry. Need some proof, go right ahead and ask or go to Craigslist to their help wanted section and click the link Transportation. There you will find dozens of new jobs posted every single day.
Random drug tests on all welfare people is ridiculously expensive and turns up basically no one. Duping the RW chumps.

Nobody wants to be on welfare. It's not UE, and only young punks with with no responsibility do THAT lol.

So tell me about the free training for Big Rig licenses lol...

Why don't you go live in the lap of welfare luxury and come back and give us a report? If wages have stagnated for so long that the minimum wage is comparable to welfare we have a problem bigger than the "welfare queens" you obsess over.

I bet you all those welfare queens have at least a 32 " flat screen television and a smart phone....

I've seen those welfare queens far too many times in the grocery store using the EBT card to buy food they say they don't have the money to purchase yet magically being able to find cash to buy beer and cigarettes in a subsequent transaction.
You might be surprised to see how little is on those EBT cards. The minimum is $7.25/mo.

OP- Total RW BS. Everyone would rather have a good job, of course not the crap min wage jobs that only ruin people. BTW, hater dupes, everyone on welfare has to look for work, prove it, and gets screened for drugs. Dumbass hater dupes.

At least now people don't have to quit jobs and go on Welfare to get Medicaid. Except in moron red states, of course.

If someone doesn't want a minimum wage job they should provide more than minimum skills.
You mean like the former small business owners that Walmart put out of business prefatory to making themselves the only employer in the area?

You're right; that's a crying shame. Some of those Mom & Pop grocery stores and hardware stores and bakeries and pharmacies were in the family for generations, and now they're gone.

Liar.

Since I've seen them with my own eyes, I'll take that over what you wish didn't happen.

It simply destroys your agenda to know that there are people abusing the system.

You have NO IDEA what those people are doing. They borrow cars to get there, get money from others to buy stuff for THEM. You just assume the worst, hater dupe. NOBODY wants to be on welfare. They might have a jobs and 4 kids and are STILL able to get a few food stamps, what with the crap jobs Pubs give us. Just stfu, hater dupe.

Two, looking for work and working are two different things. Anybody that goes to a job interview with dirty cloths on and messed up hair won't be offered a job so that's a moot point.

Three, there are all kinds of jobs out there that are not bad paying but Americans would rather sit home on welfare.
Actually, there are 13 states that do drug testing.

I make $90k a year. Why would I want to stop working and go on welfare and get a third of that and have to move to some shitty neighborhood and drive a beater car falling apart?

I make $20,000 a year. I already live in a low-income neighborhood, already drive a beater car falling apart.

Why should I wake up at 3 AM to put in 12 hours at work, when I can have people like you, pay for me to stay at home?

people don't CHOOSE to be impoverished.

the premise is idiocy

Many of them certainly do based on the decisions they made that put them in poverty in the first place.

I make $90k a year. Why would I want to stop working and go on welfare and get a third of that and have to move to some shitty neighborhood and drive a beater car falling apart?

I make $20,000 a year. I already live in a low-income neighborhood, already drive a beater car falling apart.

Why should I wake up at 3 AM to put in 12 hours at work, when I can have people like you, pay for me to stay at home?

If that's the way you want to keep living then knock yourself out.

WHY WORK?

When you can sit on your ass and take advantage of up to 126 Welfare and anti poverty programs offered by the Gov't...................

In many states it is more than the minimum wage for those milking the tit of the Federal Gov't.

2 Studies...............ENJOY
http://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/PA694.pdf
http://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/the_work_versus_welfare_trade-off_2013_wp.pdf

What's in your wallet?
all-states-welfare.jpg

If a government makes it possible to mooch off it and work less or not at all and you don't take advantage of it, you're a sucker.

People must be under the impression the rich pay their actual tax bracket taxes and don't hire professionals to save them money manipulating and exploiting every loophole they can. No different on the individual level. If you can legally do something, do it.

Nothing noble and working harder than you have to. That's just what dumb people say.

Fat cat corporate scum like to keep people down by setting up an insiders circle. Once you're in you're in, but by age 19 your fate is sealed.

100% false. I happen to know people who have done exactly what you just claimed they can't.

But none of them random drug testing. Most test if suspicion is involved. That's not the same as what we working people have.

Liar.

Next time you see one.....which should be any time now....take out your phone and video the transaction. Let's have some proof, liar.

If someone doesn't want a minimum wage job they should provide more than minimum skills.
You mean like the former small business owners that Walmart put out of business prefatory to making themselves the only employer in the area?

You're right; that's a crying shame. Some of those Mom & Pop grocery stores and hardware stores and bakeries and pharmacies were in the family for generations, and now they're gone.

So who made that decision, the consumers or Walmart?

Who put them out of business?

The American consumer...

They flocked to the big box stores l

One. BS, they all ask screening questions, and look up your history, then test the suspicious. Drug testing poor people in general is STUPID and has found less than 1% are doing drugs.

Two. Insane BS

3. The hell there are, dupe.

Asking somebody if they use narcotics is different than an actual random drug screen which no state does.

Anybody can blow a job interview. It's the easiest thing in the world to do because you can apply for any job be it a floor sweeper, an engineer, an airplane pilot because all they want are names of companies you applied at. We used to do it all the time while on unemployment when we were younger.

Yes, there are all kinds of jobs out there, particularly in my industry. Need some proof, go right ahead and ask or go to Craigslist to their help wanted section and click the link Transportation. There you will find dozens of new jobs posted every single day.
Random drug tests on all welfare people is ridiculously expensive and turns up basically no one. Duping the RW chumps.

Nobody wants to be on welfare. It's not UE, and only young punks with with no responsibility do THAT lol.

So tell me about the free training for Big Rig licenses lol...

Find out yourself. There are usually several companies that place ads just for getting new people into the business. They will not only train you, but pay you while you learn.

Of course if you don't like that option, you can go to school yourself. Most all have financing available and will guarantee you a job upon graduation. Depending on where you go and how much time you have, you can be licensed in as little as one month.

But none of them random drug testing. Most test if suspicion is involved. That's not the same as what we working people have.
Thanks to GOP a-holes. Freedom, right? Actually, ALL states do drug testing, but the ones you admire do way too much. Freedom and who cares how much THAT costs? lol. KILL WELFARE SCUM! And btw, thanks for the corrupt depression. Unbelievable.

During the Great Depression the usual charges were made regarding the unemployed: won't work, live off of welfare, and so on. When factories opened up for defense it seems most went to work, including the women.
Perhaps the reason cities such as Detroit are having problems is that so many went to those cities for jobs and then the jobs began drying up and so the cities are left with unemployed.
There is also and up side for people with money or jobs to have poverty and high unemployment.

Thanks to GOP a-holes. Freedom, right? Actually, ALL states do drug testing, but the ones you admire do way too much. Freedom and who cares how much THAT costs? lol. KILL WELFARE SCUM! And btw, thanks for the corrupt depression. Unbelievable.

No, not because of any GOP, it's because liberal courts struck random drug testing down.

If left up to us, there would be random drug testing. And no, most states don't do any kind of drug testing.

The state has to have cause to believe the person uses drugs, usually this means being convicted of drug use. Members of the family that don't use drugs can receive benefits. I see a couple of articles that say the programs cost more money than they save. Of course the law is about making a political statement, not saving money.

Forum List

Back