Why Work?

Is this ridiculous or what?

• Total voters
Nobody wants to answer? I'm shocked.
Hang on I'll be right back................thump thump run run

Ok I'm back and conducted a census survey to your question of over 320 million people..........The majority said who ever wrote that sig line question was insane.........some of the answers were ga ga goo.......Those types were counted as not responsive...........

This meme that we have lazy shitheads sapping the nation of its wealth forms the basis of your domestic policy agenda. Surely you know HOW MANY PEOPLE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

You simply must know the number. If not....what do,you have?

OP- Total RW BS. Everyone would rather have a good job, of course not the crap min wage jobs that only ruin people. BTW, hater dupes, everyone on welfare has to look for work, prove it, and gets screened for drugs. Dumbass hater dupes.

At least now people don't have to quit jobs and go on Welfare to get Medicaid. Except in moron red states, of course.

If someone doesn't want a minimum wage job they should provide more than minimum skills.
You mean like the former small business owners that Walmart put out of business prefatory to making themselves the only employer in the area?

You're right; that's a crying shame. Some of those Mom & Pop grocery stores and hardware stores and bakeries and pharmacies were in the family for generations, and now they're gone.

So who made that decision, the consumers or Walmart?

The consumers. There is something called the Law of Demand that says the lower the price, the higher the demand and vice versa. If someone offers it at a lower price and consumers buy it from the lower priced place, why is the business wrong for selling it at a lower price?
You worship at the alter of the market god.

OP- Total RW BS. Everyone would rather have a good job, of course not the crap min wage jobs that only ruin people. BTW, hater dupes, everyone on welfare has to look for work, prove it, and gets screened for drugs. Dumbass hater dupes.

At least now people don't have to quit jobs and go on Welfare to get Medicaid. Except in moron red states, of course.

If someone doesn't want a minimum wage job they should provide more than minimum skills.
You mean like the former small business owners that Walmart put out of business prefatory to making themselves the only employer in the area?

You're right; that's a crying shame. Some of those Mom & Pop grocery stores and hardware stores and bakeries and pharmacies were in the family for generations, and now they're gone.

The consumers. There is something called the Law of Demand that says the lower the price, the higher the demand and vice versa. If someone offers it at a lower price and consumers buy it from the lower priced place, why is the business wrong for selling it at a lower price?
I live by the old code..................You don't work you don't eat............

Reap what you sew..................

Why don't you go live in the lap of welfare luxury and come back and give us a report? If wages have stagnated for so long that the minimum wage is comparable to welfare we have a problem bigger than the "welfare queens" you obsess over.

I bet you all those welfare queens have at least a 32 " flat screen television and a smart phone....

I've seen those welfare queens far too many times in the grocery store using the EBT card to buy food they say they don't have the money to purchase yet magically being able to find cash to buy beer and cigarettes in a subsequent transaction.
You might be surprised to see how little is on those EBT cards. The minimum is $7.25/mo.

I don't care if it's a penny. If you claim you don't have money to buy your own food, you shouldn't be able to pull out money to buy those other items.
Bullshit. Food stamps provide personal budget relief. Other spending is allowed. If there are excesses, they should be investigated and perps prosecuted (not that they really have anything to lose).

I live by the old code..................You don't work you don't eat............

There's a reason it's an old code ... it's antiquated. We the people have decided we don't want people to starve and there's nothing you can do about it since you don't have the votes.

There's a reason it's an old code ... it's antiquated. We the people have decided we don't want people to starve and there's nothing you can do about it since you don't have the votes.

I don't have a problem with someone not wanting to work not eating.

Why don't you go live in the lap of welfare luxury and come back and give us a report? If wages have stagnated for so long that the minimum wage is comparable to welfare we have a problem bigger than the "welfare queens" you obsess over.

I bet you all those welfare queens have at least a 32 " flat screen television and a smart phone....

I've seen those welfare queens far too many times in the grocery store using the EBT card to buy food they say they don't have the money to purchase yet magically being able to find cash to buy beer and cigarettes in a subsequent transaction.
You might be surprised to see how little is on those EBT cards. The minimum is $7.25/mo.

I don't care if it's a penny. If you claim you don't have money to buy your own food, you shouldn't be able to pull out money to buy those other items.
Bullshit. Food stamps provide personal budget relief. Other spending is allowed. If there are excesses, they should be investigated and perps prosecuted (not that they really have anything to lose).

You missed the point. If they don't have money to fund their own NEEDS, how do they have money to fund their WANTS. Should the rest of us fund their needs so they can buy their wants? The correct answer is no.

WHY WORK?

When you can sit on your ass and take advantage of up to 126 Welfare and anti poverty programs offered by the Gov't...................

In many states it is more than the minimum wage for those milking the tit of the Federal Gov't.

2 Studies...............ENJOY
http://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/PA694.pdf
http://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/the_work_versus_welfare_trade-off_2013_wp.pdf

What's in your wallet?
all-states-welfare.jpg
Then the liberal chant of the starving children must be another lie.

I know you don't have a problem with it, but most Americans do have a problem with it. So you're not going to win.

I know you don't have a problem with it, but most Americans do have a problem with it. So you're not going to win.

That's because I,unlike you, don't tolerate a lazy son of a bitch.

I've already won. I support myself. You can give those leeches whatever your heart desires but they'll still be losers because they had to have it forced from someone else in order to get what the rest of us EARNED.

I make $90k a year. Why would I want to stop working and go on welfare and get a third of that and have to move to some shitty neighborhood and drive a beater car falling apart?

I make $20,000 a year. I already live in a low-income neighborhood, already drive a beater car falling apart.

Why should I wake up at 3 AM to put in 12 hours at work, when I can have people like you, pay for me to stay at home?

If that's the way you want to keep living then knock yourself out.

No, I don't. I want to sit at home, watch movies, and play video games, and have you pay for it. I'm sure you have no problem with that, because you are a kind loving, caring, socially minded individuals. Thanks for working hard, so I don't have to. :)

You missed the point. If they don't have money to fund their own NEEDS, how do they have money to fund their WANTS. Should the rest of us fund their needs so they can buy their wants? The correct answer is no.
It is impossible to separate all wants from meeds. Working people need communication and transportation. If they want to find a job they need to have those things unless they get lucky. I don't have a problem with people on welfare buying phones and cars.

No, just live by the concept of personal responsibility.

It is impossible to separate all wants from meeds. Working people need communication and transportation. If they want to find a job they need to have those things unless they get lucky. I don't have a problem with people on welfare buying phones and cars.
Not when meeting those needs involves someone else being forced to pay. If someone says they don't have money to meet their basic need of food, having money to meet their wants of beer means they are lying.

You don't have a problem with someone lying about not having money to support themselves.

During the Great Depression the usual charges were made regarding the unemployed: won't work, live off of welfare, and so on. When factories opened up for defense it seems most went to work, including the women.
Perhaps the reason cities such as Detroit are having problems is that so many went to those cities for jobs and then the jobs began drying up and so the cities are left with unemployed.
There is also and up side for people with money or jobs to have poverty and high unemployment.

That's not even close to true. Most went to war. Unemployment didn't drop because the economy was booming.... they were drafted. You want to cut unemployment in half? Draft them into the military and send them to North Korea and Iran. Same effect as world war 2.

Forum List

Back