🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why Would a God Care If I Believe In Him/Her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
God is our Father. And we can see and hear Him and even touch Him if we prepared ourselves.

What does he/she look like? There is no evidence of a God. The only thing we have is an ancient book written by men. Religion is based on faith, not fact.

Some religious groups even re-write their own Bible to suit their needs.

Never mind that those words written by God through men 2 to 3 thousand years ago are happening right now, right before our very eyes. The words are the facts.

The ones who are rewriting it will be punished. They are not true Christians.
Revelation 22:19King James Version (KJV)

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

So Mormons, and the Jehovah's Witnesses are not true Christian's? They do have their own version of the Bible.

What does he/she look like? There is no evidence of a God. The only thing we have is an ancient book written by men. Religion is based on faith, not fact.

Some religious groups even re-write their own Bible to suit their needs.

Never mind that those words written by God through men 2 to 3 thousand years ago are happening right now, right before our very eyes. The words are the facts.

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

So Mormons, and the Jehovah's Witnesses are not true Christian's? They do have their own version of the Bible.

They use the Bible and have not re written it.
They have added their own versions in addition but not the bible itself.
That' a big difference.

Noticed some movies with deities in them, like the Greek hero ones, make mention that if too many stop believing in the gods it weakens the gods. Dunno where that idea comes from or if it's even in Judaeo-Christianity. But if it is could be why. Are a lot of commandments about believing in, obeying, and doing as God says. Which I agree for a universe creating being is rather petty and immature. Unless our worship and positive thinknig somehow effects it.

Yes, but we can have positive thinking, and be good people without believing in a God. In fact, I think people who simply want to be good people, without fear of consequence from an all loving God, are much more sincere.

yes you can....you can live a long and happy life, die.....and take your chances....

You're comparing apples to oranges. Your analogy makes no sense because a child can see, touch, and hear the parent.

If my child never saw me, having no evidence that I exist, I wouldn't care if he/she believed in me. Why would I?

a child can see, touch, and hear the parent.

TRUE: When they're awake - are you awake ? You may think you are , but how do you know for sure - pinch yourself and you'll imagine pain . Ever had a dream you can't wake up from ? Such is Life .............

When your Hungry enough, you'll wake up and scream for your mamas teats - are you hungry enough ?

Not only am I not hungry enough, I am no longer breast feeding. :D

If you weren't "Hungry" you wouldn't be on this thread screaming for your mamas teats.

Why would you care of your child believes in you?

I'm not going to sentence my kid to an eternity of torment if she doesn't believe in my existence, especially after I give her free will.

I don't know of any good parents that would do that to a child. :D

I don't know.....I do a lot of estate planning.....it isn't unusual for a parent to cut kids out of their will because they never come visit them......

That' a big difference.

But wait, don't Mormons believe that Jesus lives on planet Kolob? Where does it say that, or anything that resembles that, in the King James version?

Speaking of the Pope... This new Pope says I can go to heaven...an atheist! I like this new Pope! Hehe!

I think you better check back with him if that was what he really said.....you may be in for a surprise.....

Pope Francis has good news for atheists. Jesus died and was raised for them as well. His redemptive embrace was for all, not just a chosen few.

Pope Francis says atheists can do good and go to heaven too! - Living Faith - Home & Family - News - Catholic Online

wheeewhooooo! I'm going to heaven, ya'll. :D

I'm not going to sentence my kid to an eternity of torment if she doesn't believe in my existence, especially after I give her free will.

I don't know.....I do a lot of estate planning.....it isn't unusual for a parent to cut kids out of their will because they never come visit them......

But would you take a gasoline can and douse your children, then light a match?

Why Would a God Care If I Believe In Him/Her

their allegiance might shed lite on their morals - the failure of the scripture you are quoting should be the greater concern.

not wanting a murderous criminal to join the Everlasting seems a legitimate concern.

Noticed some movies with deities in them, like the Greek hero ones, make mention that if too many stop believing in the gods it weakens the gods. Dunno where that idea comes from or if it's even in Judaeo-Christianity. But if it is could be why. Are a lot of commandments about believing in, obeying, and doing as God says. Which I agree for a universe creating being is rather petty and immature. Unless our worship and positive thinknig somehow effects it.

Yes, but we can have positive thinking, and be good people without believing in a God. In fact, I think people who simply want to be good people, without fear of consequence from an all loving God, are much more sincere.

yes you can....you can live a long and happy life, die.....and take your chances....

Wouldn't that apply to believers, of all faiths, as well? What if Christians are wrong about the god they believe in? Is that worse than not believing at all?

Why Would a God Care If I Believe In Him/Her

their allegiance might shed lite on their morals - the failure of the scripture you are quoting should be the greater concern.

not wanting a murderous criminal to join the Everlasting seems a legitimate concern.

It almost sounds as if you believe walking into a church or simply reading the Bible makes one a better person.

And wouldn't an all knowing God, know to not let in murderers?

Speaking of the Pope... This new Pope says I can go to heaven...an atheist! I like this new Pope! Hehe!

I think you better check back with him if that was what he really said.....you may be in for a surprise.....

Pope Francis has good news for atheists. Jesus died and was raised for them as well. His redemptive embrace was for all, not just a chosen few.

Pope Francis says atheists can do good and go to heaven too! - Living Faith - Home & Family - News - Catholic Online

wheeewhooooo! I'm going to heaven, ya'll. :D

sorry if you misunderstood....he said atheists can still do good works, but....
Pope Francis has good news for atheists. Jesus died and was raised for them as well. His redemptive embrace was for all, not just a chosen few. The choice to accept its reach is our own.
you still have to accept what atheists refuse to accept.....

Last edited:

I would be very sad if my children decided to do that to themselves.....especially after I told them that if they doused themselves with gasoline and lit a match they would likely suffer a great deal......

Wouldn't that apply to believers, of all faiths, as well? What if Christians are wrong about the god they believe in? Is that worse than not believing at all?

I make my choices and live with the consequences.....why can't you do the same?......

I make my choices and live with the consequences.....why can't you do the same?......

That is how I live my life as well. Why are you assuming otherwise?

Also, you dodged the question.

Last edited:

That' a big difference.

But wait, don't Mormons believe that Jesus lives on planet Kolob? Where does it say that, or anything that resembles that, in the King James version?

No they do not believe that Jesus lives on the planet Kolob.
They believe that Kolob is the heavenly body nearest to the throne of God. While the Book of Abraham refers to Kolob as a "star".

Last edited:

I would be very sad if my children decided to do that to themselves.....especially after I told them that if they doused themselves with gasoline and lit a match they would likely suffer a great deal......

You've answered the question in a very dishonest way. Your children are not dousing themselves...it would be you.

And you know damn good and well, that an all loving God would never do that, and neither would a loving parent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back