🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why Would a God Care If I Believe In Him/Her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you care of your child believes in you?

I'm not going to sentence my kid to an eternity of torment if she doesn't believe in my existence, especially after I give her free will.

Hellfire and brimstone are creations of Judeo-Christian Mythology . The only Hell is the one we create for ourselves . How many parents raise a Child - do everything right - yet that kid descends into a life of debauchery, drug addiction, alcoholism - a Life of Hell - self imposed - certainly not imposed by the parent.

I'm not going to sentence my kid to an eternity of torment if she doesn't believe in my existence, especially after I give her free will.

If you knew the Bible, you would know that is not the way things are. Many modern so called Christian religions have turned Hell into something that God never spoke of. Another example of taking a verse or 2 and warping them into something never intended.

This God I hear about is supposed to be all knowing, and in that case I would assume he/she is mature, so why would he/she care if I believe or not?

The way that we think, are nothing like the way God thinks. How could we even try to figure out a being with the power to create everything there is in 6 days.

Our concepts of good and evil are flawed, let me explain. Many people think that the more we learn the better off we are. They believe that about everything. However, if a man, madly in love with his wife, learns his wife is cheating on him, and kills her and her lover, then himself, is he better off when he was ignorant of the fact?

Consider the Bible, God's scribble page. He only put a small amount of things in it, in regards to what He is all about. It seems big to us, but to God, it is very small.

Now think about eternity, no end ever, can you truly comprehend that a being has been here always, no end, no beginning. Our human minds know a little, we get smarter every day, yet we will never know everything, God does know everything.

...Now think about eternity, no end ever, can you truly comprehend that a being has been here always, no end, no beginning. Our human minds know a little, we get smarter every day, yet we will never know everything, God does know everything

That's because he's cheating - he exists outside of time - and knows everything outside of time and in an instant of time . He is the Alpha and the Omega / Zero and Infinity .

This is the one truly and absolute unanswerable riddle of mathematics - [zero and infinity].

Thirty spokes share the wheel's hub; It is the centre hole that makes it useful.

Shape clay into a vessel; It is the space within that makes it useful.

Cut doors and windows for a room; It is the holes which make it useful.

Therefore profit comes from what is there; Usefulness from what is not there.

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

So basically - yes - you could in some sense say that God is Not there

You're comparing apples to oranges. Your analogy makes no sense because a child can see, touch, and hear the parent.

If my child never saw me, having no evidence that I exist, I wouldn't care if he/she believed in me. Why would I?

God is our Father. And we can see and hear Him and even touch Him if we prepared ourselves.

What does he/she look like? There is no evidence of a God. The only thing we have is an ancient book written by men. Religion is based on faith, not fact.

Some religious groups even re-write their own Bible to suit their needs.

You're comparing apples to oranges. Your analogy makes no sense because a child can see, touch, and hear the parent.

If my child never saw me, having no evidence that I exist, I wouldn't care if he/she believed in me. Why would I?

When you believe in faith and accept Jesus as your savior you do have evidence that he exists and then you do have a personal relationship with him.

Because he created you, in your own unique way. You are his child and he loves you.

And you better love him back...or else!

Just like any loving Father would.

I've said it before. The God of the Bible is just another abusive husband. He'll beat you with the slightest of provocation and then say it's your fault and the beatings are for your own good. "Baby, I love you. Why do you make me hit you?"

God is our Father. And we can see and hear Him and even touch Him if we prepared ourselves.

What does he/she look like? There is no evidence of a God. The only thing we have is an ancient book written by men. Religion is based on faith, not fact.

Some religious groups even re-write their own Bible to suit their needs.

Never mind that those words written by God through men 2 to 3 thousand years ago are happening right now, right before our very eyes. The words are the facts.

The ones who are rewriting it will be punished. They are not true Christians.
Revelation 22:19King James Version (KJV)

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

a child can see, touch, and hear the parent.

TRUE: When they're awake - are you awake ? You may think you are , but how do you know for sure - pinch yourself and you'll imagine pain . Ever had a dream you can't wake up from ? Such is Life .............

When your Hungry enough, you'll wake up and scream for your mamas teats - are you hungry enough ?

Not only am I not hungry enough, I am no longer breast feeding. :D

If any of you lack wisdom, let Him ask of God who gives to all men liberally and upbraideth not and it shall be given to him.

Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Knock and it shall be opened unto you

He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.

You want to know God without putting any effort into it. That's not how things worse.

If any of you lack wisdom, let Him ask of God who gives to all men liberally and upbraideth not and it shall be given to him.

Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Knock and it shall be opened unto you

You want to know God without putting any effort into it. That's not how things worse.

What is the answer if someone has put all the effort they can into it? Seeked and didn't find, asked but wasn't answered, knocked and nothing opened?
That person would be rightly justified in not believing wouldn't they?

Could argue it the other way too: By requiring our believing in and obeying it, God (who's smarter and wiser than any of us) ensures we do as he says. If we don't belive in him, we probably aren't listening to and obeying him to our own detriment.

What is the answer if someone has put all the effort they can into it? Seeked and didn't find, asked but wasn't answered, knocked and nothing opened?

Then it just means that person hasn't tried hard enough. It's like one of those meters on a game show. Look for God hard enough and long enough until the arrow gets over the line and you win eternal salvation. Don't get it over the line and you get a nice parting gift. Maybe some nice steak knifes or something.

The way that we think, are nothing like the way God thinks. How could we even try to figure out a being with the power to create everything there is in 6 days.

Okay, so are we just too stupid to think? He/she did give us a brain. Why would a God create stupid children, who shouldn't even try to figure things out?

Our concepts of good and evil are flawed, let me explain. Many people think that the more we learn the better off we are. They believe that about everything. However, if a man, madly in love with his wife, learns his wife is cheating on him, and kills her and her lover, then himself, is he better off when he was ignorant of the fact?

Huh, whaaa? First of all, we do know right from wrong. And most people know better than to kill their wives, even if they are cheating.

You do know that's murder is wrong, right?

Consider the Bible, God's scribble page. He only put a small amount of things in it, in regards to what He is all about. It seems big to us, but to God, it is very small.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Now think about eternity, no end ever, can you truly comprehend that a being has been here always, no end, no beginning. Our human minds know a little, we get smarter every day, yet we will never know everything, God does know everything.

I'm okay with not knowing everything, in fact, I've grown quite comfortable with it. And if there is a God, he/she gave me a brain....why not use it?

Could argue it the other way too: By requiring our believing in and obeying it, God (who's smarter and wiser than any of us) ensures we do as he says. If we don't belive in him, we probably aren't listening to and obeying him to our own detriment.

I have no reason to believe or "obey" someone or "something" that I can't verify exists. Any word could replace god in that sentence, and it wouldn't change the meaning.

When you believe in faith and accept Jesus as your savior you do have evidence that he exists and then you do have a personal relationship with him.

I respectfully disagree with your evidence of a relationship.

Then it just means that person hasn't tried hard enough. It's like one of those meters on a game show. Look for God hard enough and long enough until the arrow gets over the line and you win eternal salvation. Don't get it over the line and you get a nice parting gift. Maybe some nice steak knifes or something.

Aha ha ha ha ha! Cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back