Why would anyone continue to claim the iraqi war was a failure?

depends on the story you choose to read
Bottom line is there was 550 metric tons of it there and for some reason the liberal media never mentioned this and it took until 08 to get that crap out
Report: Uranium Stockpile Removed From Iraq in Secret U.S. Mission | Fox News

The last major remnant of Saddam Hussein's nuclear program — a huge stockpile of concentrated natural uranium — reached a Canadian port Saturday to complete a secret U.S. operation that included a two-week airlift from Baghdad and a ship voyage crossing two oceans.

The removal of 550 metric tons of "yellowcake" — the seed material for higher-grade nuclear enrichment — was a significant step toward closing the books on Saddam's nuclear legacy. It also brought relief to U.S. and Iraqi authorities who had worried the cache would reach insurgents or smugglers crossing to Iran to aid its nuclear ambitions.

What is now left is the final and complicated push to clean up the remaining radioactive debris at the former Tuwaitha nuclear complex about 12 miles (19 kilometers) south of Baghdad — using teams that include Iraqi experts recently trained in the Chernobyl fallout zone in Ukraine.

"Everyone is very happy to have this safely out of Iraq," said a senior U.S. official who outlined the nearly three-month operation to The Associated Press. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the subject.

"Benjamin B. Ferencz (a chief US prosecutor at German military trials following WWII) wrote the foreword for Michael Haas's book, George W. Bush, War Criminal?: The Bush Administration's Liability for 269 War Crimes.[56]

"Ferencz elaborated as follows: 'a prima facie case can be made that the United States is guilty of the supreme crime against humanity, that being an illegal war of aggression against a sovereign nation.'[57] '

"The United Nations charter has a provision which was agreed to by the United States, formulated by the United States, in fact, after World War II. It says that from now on, no nation can use armed force without the permission of the U.N. Security Council. They can use force in connection with self-defense, but a country can't use force in anticipation of self-defense."

Legality of the Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

JRK continues to lie. The WMDs described by the bushies did not exist. If they were, the bushies would have screamed it from the roof tops.

Jrk, I am going to keep posting this until you respond to it honestly.

1) REMOVE SADDAM
DONE
2) STABILIZE COUNTRY
DONE
3) HAVE A REPUBLIC BORN OF THESE EVENTS
DONE

Q. Am missing something here?

A. Reality. The cost of a war of choice in terms of blood and treasure.

Q. What beneftis have we as a people derived from the Iraq war/occupation?

That question cannot ever be answered.
We will never know how much money was saved from removing troops from Saudi, Kuwait and Financing the UNs failure to control Saddam, as far as blood?
There is another UN known, It was a huge part of the reason to do what we did. Saddam was a loose cannon.
He proved that 100s of different ways

I hate war, I hate the 100s of Saddams in this world who in time give us no choice but to act

1) REMOVE SADDAM
DONE
2) STABILIZE COUNTRY
DONE
3) HAVE A REPUBLIC BORN OF THESE EVENTS
DONE

Q. Am missing something here?

We will never know how much money was saved from removing troops from Saudi, Kuwait and Financing the UNs failure to control Saddam, as far as blood?
There is another UN known, It was a huge part of the reason to do what we did. Saddam was a loose cannon.

I hate war, I hate the 100s of Saddams in this world who in time give us no choice but to act

JRK continues to lie. The WMDs described by the bushies did not exist. If they were, the bushies would have screamed it from the roof tops.

"Benjamin B. Ferencz (a chief US prosecutor at German military trials following WWII) wrote the foreword for Michael Haas's book, George W. Bush, War Criminal?: The Bush Administration's Liability for 269 War Crimes.[56]

"Ferencz elaborated as follows: 'a prima facie case can be made that the United States is guilty of the supreme crime against humanity, that being an illegal war of aggression against a sovereign nation.'[57] '

"The United Nations charter has a provision which was agreed to by the United States, formulated by the United States, in fact, after World War II. It says that from now on, no nation can use armed force without the permission of the U.N. Security Council. They can use force in connection with self-defense, but a country can't use force in anticipation of self-defense."

Then I re butte that this was an action to complete the first gulf war peace treaty that Saddam had failed within compliance of
In fact that is the exact reason for those events
The UN failed in assuring those agreements were adhered too

Do you realize that everyone is ignoring Jake?
I am putting you back on ignore
Jake the UN claimed there was (and accurately so) there was 1000s of WMDs missing on Jan 27 th 2003
That is being honest Jake

Do you realize that everyone is ignoring Jake? I am putting you back on ignore Jake the UN claimed there was (and accurately so) there was 1000s of WMDs missing on Jan 27 th 2003 That is being honest Jake

You're not. You continue to lie. The WMDs described by the bushies did not exist. If they were, the bushies would have screamed it from the roof tops.

Oh, you put me on ignore a dozen times, yet you always answer me. Why? Because you can't fool us, though you keep trying.

Why would you do this to the patriots of America? What enemy of America are you serving?

Do you realize that everyone is ignoring Jake? I am putting you back on ignore Jake the UN claimed there was (and accurately so) there was 1000s of WMDs missing on Jan 27 th 2003 That is being honest Jake

You're not. You continue to lie. The WMDs described by the bushies did not exist. If they were, the bushies would have screamed it from the roof tops.

Oh, you put me on ignore a dozen times, yet you always answer me. Why? Because you can't fool us, though you keep trying.

Why would you do this to the patriots of America? What enemy of America are you serving?

You're the epitome of jingoism

Context of 'January 28, 2004: David Kay Tells Congress Iraq Survey Group Found No Evidence of WMD in Iraq, Says Hussein Deceived Own Generals

Context of 'January 28, 2004: David Kay Tells Congress Iraq Survey Group Found No Evidence of WMD in Iraq, Says Hussein Deceived Own Generals'

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPJCPcYCupY]WMD LIES - Bush Cheney Rumsfeld - THE ULTIMATE CLIP (Edited) - YouTube[/ame]

Then I re butte that this was an action to complete the first gulf war peace treaty that Saddam had failed within compliance of
Kindly point out any "material breach" of UN Resolution 686 committed by Saddam that justified the murder, maiming, displacement and incarceration of millions of innocent Iraqi civilians. You really need to worry more about war crimes committed by your own government and less about Saddam's.

Kindly point out any "material breach" of UN Resolution 686 committed by Saddam that justified the murder, maiming, displacement and incarceration of millions of innocent Iraqi civilians. You really need to worry more about war crimes committed by your own government and less about Saddam's.

Munitions Found in Iraq Meet WMD Criteria, Official Says

By Samantha L. Quigley
American Forces Press Service
WASHINGTON, June 29, 2006 – The 500 munitions discovered throughout Iraq since 2003 and discussed in a National Ground Intelligence Center report meet the criteria of weapons of mass destruction, the center's commander said here today.
"These are chemical weapons as defined under the Chemical Weapons Convention, and yes ... they do constitute weapons of mass destruction," Army Col. John Chu told the House Armed Services Committee.
The Chemical Weapons Convention is an arms control agreement which outlaws the production, stockpiling and use of chemical weapons. It was signed in 1993 and entered into force in 1997.
Defense.gov News Article: Munitions Found in Iraq Meet WMD Criteria, Official Says

The item that has become the biggest lie in all of this is the US having anything to do with 1 Iraqi death
Saddam had 11 years to do the right thing
After the invasion those we fought were the same terrorist that were part of and or supported 9-11

Blair elaborates:

There is an interesting sidebar to this. It later emerged that [Abu Musab] al-Zarqawi, the deputy to bin Laden, had come to Iraq in May 2002, had had meetings with senior Iraqis and established a presence there in October 2002. This intelligence has not been withdrawn, by the way. Probably we should have paid more attention to its significance, but we were so keen not to make a false claim about al Qaeda and Saddam that we somewhat understated it, at least on the British side.

Blair’s testimony directly contradicts the Democrats. Still, in the British manner, he continues to understate the case.

Intelligence compiled by American officials, as well as the testimony of known al Qaeda associates, confirms that al Qaeda established a significant presence in Iraq prior to March 2003. The evidence that al Qaeda was in Iraq before the war is simply overwhelming. And it helps to explain why the insurgency became so lethal.

Even though Blair says it “later emerged” that Zarqawi had set up shop in Iraq in 2002, this connection was actually a formal part of the American case for war. Secretary of State Colin Powell included a section on Zarqawi’s network in Iraq in his February 5, 2003, presentation before the United Nations.

Al Qaeda in Iraq | The Weekly Standard

Now there is the truth
GWB and the US military killed no-one
Saddam/OBL and Zarqawi did the killing, our troops just where there stop stop the killing and those who were responsible for it

You're the epitome of jingoism

Context of 'January 28, 2004: David Kay Tells Congress Iraq Survey Group Found No Evidence of WMD in Iraq, Says Hussein Deceived Own Generals

Context of 'January 28, 2004: David Kay Tells Congress Iraq Survey Group Found No Evidence of WMD in Iraq, Says Hussein Deceived Own Generals'

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPJCPcYCupY]WMD LIES - Bush Cheney Rumsfeld - THE ULTIMATE CLIP (Edited) - YouTube[/ame]

There is 2 sides to that story
1) there was over 500 munitions found that meet the criteria of a WMD

Munitions Found in Iraq Meet WMD Criteria, Official Says

By Samantha L. Quigley
American Forces Press Service
WASHINGTON, June 29, 2006 – The 500 munitions discovered throughout Iraq since 2003 and discussed in a National Ground Intelligence Center report meet the criteria of weapons of mass destruction, the center's commander said here today.
"These are chemical weapons as defined under the Chemical Weapons Convention, and yes ... they do constitute weapons of mass destruction," Army Col. John Chu told the House Armed Services Committee.
The Chemical Weapons Convention is an arms control agreement which outlaws the production, stockpiling and use of chemical weapons. It was signed in 1993 and entered into force in 1997.
2) They were not in condition to be used nor where they the same thing the UN and the CIA led us to believe was there

United Nations Security Council and the Iraq War - Wikipedia, the ...
en.wikipedia.org/.../United_Nations_Security_Council_and_the_Iraq...Whether Iraq actually had weapons of mass destruction or not was being ... UN inspectors believe there to be large quantities of weapons materials still unaccounted for. ... On January 27, 2003, UN inspectors reported that Iraq had cooperated on a ... The United States claimed that "sources" had told them that Saddam ...

Yeah, the classified intel reports were fabricated by the US military. :cuckoo:

Oh, you can't counter what I said can you, dumbfuck?

We "restarted" the war with Iraq to enforce UN resolutions against Saddam and to stop him from paying islamic suicide bombers. We kinda got sick and tired of islamic terrorists attacking us and our allies after...9/11. Have you heard of this 9/11? :eusa_whistle:

Mental ward patients like you with internet access is bad.

FYI idiot, Saddam started the entire war by invading Kuwait back in the 90s. We just didn't show up in Iraq when Bush JR got into the White House.

Now get back on your meds, asswipe.

The media and democratic party can take the most simple of things and turn into pure spammed out spin
1) Saddam was given an ultimatum by the UN Gulf war 1 that he ignored
2) 9-11
3) Saddam was removed from power as a result of non compliance of UN regulations
4) 2002, Al Qeada makes a presence in Iraq
5) in 2006 Zarqawi is killed
6) 2011 the war is over

The media and democratic party can take the most simple of things and turn into pure spammed out spin
1) Saddam was given an ultimatum by the UN Gulf war 1 that he ignored, which gave us no legal authorization to invade.
2) 9-11. No Iraqis or $$$ were involved.
3) Saddam was removed from power as a result of non compliance of UN regulations. We had no legal authorization to enforce UN regulations,
4) 2002, Al Qeada makes a presence in Iraq. Iraqi enemies were present in the US.,
5) in 2006 Zarqawi is killed. Ex post facto. Doesn't matter.
6) 2011 the war is over. Iraq and Iran are becoming allies and by 2016 will present an united front against the US.

1) Saddam was given an ultimatum by the UN Gulf war 1 that he ignored, which gave us no legal authorization to invade.
2) 9-11. No Iraqis or $$$ were involved.
3) Saddam was removed from power as a result of non compliance of UN regulations. We had no legal authorization to enforce UN regulations,
4) 2002, Al Qeada makes a presence in Iraq. Iraqi enemies were present in the US.,
5) in 2006 Zarqawi is killed. Ex post facto. Doesn't matter.
6) 2011 the war is over. Iraq and Iran are becoming allies and by 2016 will present an united front against the US.

What do you mean by "no legal authorization to invade"? The House and Senate voted to invade. That makes it "legal".

Forum List

Back