Why would anyone continue to claim the iraqi war was a failure?

I'll say that Iraq is a mixed bag. Good and bad came from it. If someone takes a non partisan look at it then that is what he'll see.

To be honest we should have added a 1% sales on everything to fund both wars, that was my biggest issue (except food)
Iraq was a mess, a mess we had little choice in
When Saddam allowed Zarqawi to set up camp there, we had no choice after that and I think that was the motivating factor
Everyone I know that went there said they were fighting terrorist from other countries than Iraq for the most part. This is why as told to me by people who were there why it took so long, Iraq was ready to move on soon after Saddam went into hiding

The saddest thing is the truth, the real truth has been hidden so that the democratic party could re gain congress in 07
550 metric tons of yellow cake was shipped out after that election. The fact that Al Qaeda was in Iraq pre invasion came out to be a confirmed fact after that election

No-one wants war and i hate violence as much as any-one, but I hate lying just as bad and that is my motivation, to tell the story that never got told

Taxes don't help the economy at a certain point. If anything, we should cut taxes and other domestic spending to pay for it. We also should've insisted on a stake in Iraq oil for freeing them. Freedom isn't free.

I agree
I still think the country would have no issue paying 3.03 for a gallon of fuel instead of 3.00
1% of the GDP would have funded both wars
I am all in for a smaller govt and lower taxes
GWB tax cuts allowed me to buy a new truck and a travel trailer, that is about the difference in my bring home from 01
That is job creation

As far as the oil there? I have no issue with that. The Dems prevented even discussing that with Iraq
Also we had 33 other countries in that mix

To be honest we should have added a 1% sales on everything to fund both wars, that was my biggest issue (except food)
Iraq was a mess, a mess we had little choice in
When Saddam allowed Zarqawi to set up camp there, we had no choice after that and I think that was the motivating factor
Everyone I know that went there said they were fighting terrorist from other countries than Iraq for the most part. This is why as told to me by people who were there why it took so long, Iraq was ready to move on soon after Saddam went into hiding

The saddest thing is the truth, the real truth has been hidden so that the democratic party could re gain congress in 07
550 metric tons of yellow cake was shipped out after that election. The fact that Al Qaeda was in Iraq pre invasion came out to be a confirmed fact after that election

No-one wants war and i hate violence as much as any-one, but I hate lying just as bad and that is my motivation, to tell the story that never got told

Taxes don't help the economy at a certain point. If anything, we should cut taxes and other domestic spending to pay for it. We also should've insisted on a stake in Iraq oil for freeing them. Freedom isn't free.

I agree
I still think the country would have no issue paying 3.03 for a gallon of fuel instead of 3.00
GWB tax cuts allowed me to buy a new truck and a travel trailer, that is about the difference in my bring home from 01
That is job creation

As far as the oil there? I have no issue with that. The Dems prevented even discussing that with Iraq

First off; I think the war costs are overstated. But that doesn't mean we couldn't have been more efficient. Ther Persian Gulf War was basically paid for by other countries. With the Iraq war, we did not bring other countries to the table to pay for it like we should have.

To claim that we accomplished nothing by invading Iraq is like claiming if we did not rid the world of Hitler everything would have been okay It is no different than stating if we did not drop the A-bomb that japan would have surrendered any-way

We accomplished very little of a positive nature, yes, that's correct, JRK.

The use of Hitler and the atomic bombs are false analogies.

The Rumsfeld unknown unknowns argument is as loony today for going to war as it was then.

The American neo-cons should be tried, convicted, and put against the wall.

I agree
That is job creation

First off; I think the war costs are overstated. But that doesn't mean we couldn't have been more efficient. Ther Persian Gulf War was basically paid for by other countries. With the Iraq war, we did not bring other countries to the table to pay for it like we should have.

You have all troops removed from Saudi as well as the air force and there "stuff' (such as fighter jets)
UN financing was lowered
Bases in Kuwait closed
All volunteer military, gets paid in Iraq or in Germany (hazard pay increase)
Eat in Germany, or Iraq
cloths washed, same
living facilities, same

Get the point?

What the wars actually cost to me was never close to what is being reported never has made sense to me
The BS around KBR, my god troops eat and popo all over the world, they deserve the best we can give them

I tried to get on KBR in 03

It never made sense as to why the Dems made such a huge issue about this when the difference in all of the above for the troops in Iraq and all of the above for the troops in Germany cannot be more than 20 maybe 30%
That also fits 150,000 at peak, not all of them

Quit posting on drugs. Good luck to a European country that kidnaps a former US POTUS, VPOTUS, SECDEC, SECSTATE, etc. That would be an act of war, dumbfuck.
Yup, and many years down the road we may not be able to stand down the French or the Germans or the Italians or whomever if they snatch one of our old guys or ladies for a war crimes trial. Times change, GB, and bullies often get their come uppance. Saddam did, JRK did, and dumbfuck Doosh Bezerk just did.

Bully Jake?
When did W and I get our uppance and what exactly does that mean?
What exactly Jake was the act of war?
You want to try an be part of the debate for once and get off of the name calling, accusation filled soap box?

The munitions found by no means met the munitions the UN, CIA and many others said to exist, but the bottom line was they were all suppose to be gone
Saddam Hussein was dictated after attacking Kuwait to dis arm 100% as provided in the Un resolutions, he failed to do so
Jake your wrong and you know it

The thread that never dies live again.

Jr. The remnants discovered did not make Iraq any type of a continuing threat to the United States. That was condition 1set by the joint resolution. The USA agreed to the weapons inspections according to SCR 1441 The USA breached its' obligation to the UNSC. Enforcing UN resolutions was the 2nd criteria for using military force.

One more time. The Iraq war was not only a failure but also a strategic blunder that will haunt us for generations.

Dumbass, the US Air Force never stopped flying over Iraq enforcing the No Fly zone while the UN was supposed to provide food aid for oil and inspecting his WMD program.

Instead Saddam was stealing money from the food program scam and he wasn't allowing WMD inspections until he was given ample time to hide things.

In addition we outlined at the UN his support of LH and Hamas with suicide payoffs, so after 9/11 we weren't going tolerate some middle east dictator openly support islamic terrorists.

What fucking world do you live in to miss all this shit? You must live in some hole to be ignorant of this information.

Dumbfuck, we put the first Gulf War on hold, we had the right to restart it when it was clear Saddam was violating the terms of the ceasefire, he was supporting terrorists and he wouldn't allow proper WMD inspections in his country without playing games with inspectors.

We invaded, lumpenhead, because of WMDs. They weren't there. We had no right under international law to do what we did. The UN would not give us the authorization, so we took it illegally.

The only weapon inspectors that were ever hampered were ones with Americans. Iraq accused America of using the weapon inspector as spies to find intel on Iraq's defenses.

All Arab Nation donate to the Palestinian fund which pays death benefits for the Deaths of any Palestinian. It is not limited to Suicide Boombers however, it does not exclude them either, or rather their families, from monetary benefits.

Way to soak up that propaganda......

Yeah, the classified intel reports were fabricated by the US military. :cuckoo:

Oh, you can't counter what I said can you, dumbfuck?

We "restarted" the war with Iraq to enforce UN resolutions against Saddam and to stop him from paying islamic suicide bombers. We kinda got sick and tired of islamic terrorists attacking us and our allies after...9/11. Have you heard of this 9/11? :eusa_whistle:

JRK continues to lie. The WMDs described by the bushies did not exist. If they were, the bushies would have screamed it from the roof tops.

Jrk, I am going to keep posting this until you respond to it honestly.

Sorry Buzzurker, the first gulf war was not restarted. That was a UN action. This was a US led invasion and occupation. Iraq was not involved with the attack carried out on 9-11-2001 and was not a significant, or emminant threat to the United States.

How can anyone continue to claim it was a success?
It was an illegal pre-emptive war, fought for various reasons as time went on.
WMD's, Installing a stable democratic government and removing Saddam but most of all It was never about 9-11 or terrorism. So we were lied to to get behind the war. We had no right to fight.
We were told that the Iraqi oil would pay for the war.... another lie.
Not to mention an US embassy bigger than Vatican City. One lie after another, the government states they have pulled our troops out but what they don't mention is that they were just replace by contractors a nice euphemism for Mercenary. Think we are really out of there any time soon?
We are deeply in debt and many US Military have been killed or wounded for nothing.
Seriously, there is not one positive thing that can be said for the war in Iraq, the really sad thing is that the same is true for Afghanistan.
To which Obama just signed a treaty that say the US will continue our support till 2024.
A side note, Presidents should only be able sign treaties that are only good for the duration of their Presidency.

Last edited:
JRK and berzerker, the WMDs were never found as warned against by the bushies.

The chemistry sets found later or the inert decades old material were not WMDs.

I agree
That is job creation

Why should other countries be expected to pay for American mistakes, the Iraq War that was based entirely on "misinformation" (the threat of WMD) provided by the Bush Administration?

Last edited:
How can anyone continue to claim it was a success?
It was an illegal pre-emptive war, fought for various reasons as time went on.
WMD's, Installing a stable democratic government and removing Saddam but most of all It was never about 9-11 or terrorism. So we were lied to to get behind the war. We had no right to fight.
We were told that the Iraqi oil would pay for the war.... another lie.
Not to mention an US embassy bigger than Vatican City. One lie after another, the government states they have pulled our troops out but what they don't mention is that they were just replace by contractors a nice euphemism for Mercenary. Think we are really out of there any time soon?
We are deeply in debt and many US Military have been killed or wounded for nothing.
Seriously, there is not one positive thing that can be said for the war in Iraq, the really sad thing is that the same is true for Afghanistan.
To which Obama just signed a treaty that say the US will continue our support till 2024.
A side note, Presidents should only be able sign treaties that are only good for the duration of their Presidency.

Al Qaeda in Iraq | The Weekly Standard

Former CIA director George Tenet reveals in his own autobiography, At the Center of the Storm, some of the intelligence that backed up Powell’s presentation. More than one dozen other al Qaeda terrorists had joined Zarqawi in Baghdad. One of them was an Egyptian known as Abu Ayyub al Masri, who had served Osama bin Laden’s deputy, Ayman al Zawahiri, since the 1980s. After Zarqawi was killed in 2006, al Masri took his place as the leader of Al Qaeda in Iraq. Al Masri himself was killed earlier this year, and his widow confirmed that they had moved to central Baghdad in 2002.
Al Qaeda was in Iraq prior to the invasion

We are deeply in debt because we spend more money than we bring in
Not because we had no choice but to defend this country after 9-11. It is a constitutional mandate

We spent 2.7 trillion in 2007 (the last GOP budget)
we spent 3.7 in 2011, BHO fist entire budget (he had 50% ownership of the 2009 budget)
2010 United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2007 United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

we had a deficit of 163 billion in 2007
we had a deficit of 1.3 trillion in 2010

I have never tried to claim either war was something any of us wanted
Saddam gave us no choice, BTW the UN, well read it for your self

The document indicates that 13,000 chemical bombs were dropped by the Iraqi Air Force between 1983 and 1988, while Iraq has declared that 19,500 bombs were consumed during this period. Thus, there is a discrepancy of 6,500 bombs. The amount of chemical agent in these bombs would be in the order of about 1,000 tonnes. In the absence of evidence to the contrary, we must assume that these quantities are now unaccounted for.
In the letter of 24 January to the President of the Council, Iraq’s Foreign Minister stated that “all imported quantities of growth media were declared”. This is not evidence. I note that the quantity of media involved would suffice to produce, for example, about 5,000 litres of concentrated anthrax.
What is clear is that they were illegally brought into Iraq, that is, Iraq or some company in Iraq, circumvented the restrictions imposed by various resolutions.

Read it, there is much more
this is not GWB, this is the UN
whats the difference?
1-27-2003

I agree
That is job creation

Why should other countries be expected to pay for American mistakes, the Iraq War that was based entirely on "misinformation" (the threat of WMD) provided by the Bush Administration?

This is from the UN, not GWB
The document indicates that 13,000 chemical bombs were dropped by the Iraqi Air Force between 1983 and 1988, while Iraq has declared that 19,500 bombs were consumed during this period. Thus, there is a discrepancy of 6,500 bombs. The amount of chemical agent in these bombs would be in the order of about 1,000 tonnes. In the absence of evidence to the contrary, we must assume that these quantities are now unaccounted for.
read the link and do the right thing
Update 27 January 2003

One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line." --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face." --Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983." --Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." Letter to President Clinton, signed by: -- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

Edited, read entire article using the linkTOPICS
: Foreign Affairs; News/Current Events
Democrat Quotes on Iraq Weapons of Mass Destruction

Why do you continually cite members of the US Congress when they are bribed by defense contractors to constantly support US wars of aggression from Korea to Kosovo?

Since 1945 which country has killed thousands of civilians on the opposite side of the planet from its homeland?

Or do consider the American Empire a success story?

Why do you continually cite members of the US Congress when they are bribed by defense contractors to constantly support US wars of aggression from Korea to Kosovo?

Since 1945 which country has killed thousands of civilians on the opposite side of the planet from its homeland?

Or do consider the American Empire a success story?

I have not cited any-one about 1 bribe as I recall
Since 1945 as I recall we did not start any of those wars
And for the record I HATE violence

Korea was invaded from the north
Vietnam was a with 1000s being murdered
Saddam was a mad man
OBL same

Seems to me the problem was not the US, it was the evil people who started these conflicts
Vietnam? I mean what should have the world done there?
Korea?

Saddam and OBL was a no brainer
Why is it you Liberals blame the American and never mention the on such as Saddam who killed millions?
According to The New York Times, "he [Saddam] murdered as many as a million of his people, many with poison gas. He tortured, maimed and imprisoned countless more. His unprovoked invasion of Iran is estimated to have left another million people dead. His seizure of Kuwait threw the Middle East into crisis. More insidious, arguably, was the psychological damage he inflicted on his own land. Hussein created a nation of informants — friends on friends, circles within circles — making an entire population complicit in his rule".[9] Others have estimated 800,000 deaths caused by Saddam not counting the Iran-Iraq war.[10] Estimates as to the number of Iraqis executed by Saddam's regime vary from 300-500,000[11] to over 600,000,[12] estimates as to the number of Kurds he massacred vary from 70,000 to 300,000,[13] and estimates as to the number killed in the put-down of the 1991 rebellion vary from 60,000[14] to 200,000.[12] Estimates for the number of dead in the Iran-Iraq war range upwards from 300,000.[15]

Human rights in Saddam Hussein's Iraq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And no even that was not the reason we took him out
The enforcement of the 1991 surrender treaty and to remove Al Qaeda who had moved some of OBL deputies that had began to set up operations in Iraq in 2002

Why is it the US is the bad in this? without the bad people such as Saddam there would have been no wars

Again, I HATE violence, but I hate lies just as bad

JRK and berzerker, the WMDs were never found as warned against by the bushies.

The chemistry sets found later or the inert decades old material were not WMDs.

to start with the war was Saddam's fault
he was given 18 months to do the right thing

The Bush administration had just as long to do the right thing, which was to stop lying to the American people and the world about Hussein having WMD and being involved in the 9-11 attacks. But they did not do so.

Saddam was a mad man

This is so often said, and is always a pile of bile. "He was a mad man, he was dangerous." It's easy to use fearmongering blather to support one's position, but it tends to indicate that one has no real support for their position.

If Bush lied to the American People about WMD, then What were the Democrats telling US about WMD in Iraq between 1996 and leading up to the invasion in 2003? When US forces could not find WMDs, the Bush haters seized the opportunity to create the myth that Bush lied. The truth is Bush used the same intelligence that Dems used before his Presidency and their basis to support the executive decision to take out Saddam.

If Bush lied to the American People about WMD, then What were the Democrats telling US about WMD in Iraq between 1996 and leading up to the invasion in 2003?

Remember when Saddam was our friend? And when American companies sold Saddam the material he needed to make chemical weapons? Remember that? So he could use them on the Kurds.

Where were we when we absolutely knew he had them and was using them? We didn't invade then.
Why not?

No Bush used the EXCUSE of Saddam to go to war for a reason that you or I haven't been told.

Forum List

Back