Why would anyone continue to claim the iraqi war was a failure?

If Bush lied to the American People about WMD, then What were the Democrats telling US about WMD in Iraq between 1996 and leading up to the invasion in 2003? When US forces could not find WMDs, the Bush haters seized the opportunity to create the myth that Bush lied. The truth is Bush used the same intelligence that Dems used before his Presidency and their basis to support the executive decision to take out Saddam.

No he didn't.

Bush INTENTIONALLY LIED THE COUNTRY INTO WAR.

USAF COLONEL KAREN KWIATKOWSKI

the_new_pentagon_papers.jpg

The new Pentagon papers

A high-ranking military officer reveals how Defense Department extremists suppressed information and twisted the truth to drive the country to war.

The invasion and occupation of Iraq was and remains a complete failure. The facts are these:

The cost in blood and treasure was unnecessary and the on going cost to treat the wounded will last for decades;

The winner was Iran.

No nuclear weapons were found, and the basis for the invasion was that Iraq had a nuclear program active in 2003. It did not.

The focus on Iraq took eyes off domestic and foreign policy critical issues.

Our economy suffered and we are paying the price of engaging in war, cutting taxes and ignoring our nations infrastructure for nearly a decade.

Why do you continually cite members of the US Congress when they are bribed by defense contractors to constantly support US wars of aggression from Korea to Kosovo?

Since 1945 which country has killed thousands of civilians on the opposite side of the planet from its homeland?

Or do consider the American Empire a success story?

I have not cited any-one about 1 bribe as I recall
Since 1945 as I recall we did not start any of those wars
And for the record I HATE violence

Korea was invaded from the north
Vietnam was a with 1000s being murdered
Saddam was a mad man
OBL same

Seems to me the problem was not the US, it was the evil people who started these conflicts
Vietnam? I mean what should have the world done there?
Korea?

Saddam and OBL was a no brainer
Why is it you Liberals blame the American and never mention the on such as Saddam who killed millions?
According to The New York Times, "he [Saddam] murdered as many as a million of his people, many with poison gas. He tortured, maimed and imprisoned countless more. His unprovoked invasion of Iran is estimated to have left another million people dead. His seizure of Kuwait threw the Middle East into crisis. More insidious, arguably, was the psychological damage he inflicted on his own land. Hussein created a nation of informants — friends on friends, circles within circles — making an entire population complicit in his rule".[9] Others have estimated 800,000 deaths caused by Saddam not counting the Iran-Iraq war.[10] Estimates as to the number of Iraqis executed by Saddam's regime vary from 300-500,000[11] to over 600,000,[12] estimates as to the number of Kurds he massacred vary from 70,000 to 300,000,[13] and estimates as to the number killed in the put-down of the 1991 rebellion vary from 60,000[14] to 200,000.[12] Estimates for the number of dead in the Iran-Iraq war range upwards from 300,000.[15]

Human rights in Saddam Hussein's Iraq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And no even that was not the reason we took him out
The enforcement of the 1991 surrender treaty and to remove Al Qaeda who had moved some of OBL deputies that had began to set up operations in Iraq in 2002

Why is it the US is the bad in this? without the bad people such as Saddam there would have been no wars

Again, I HATE violence, but I hate lies just as bad
"Why is the US bad in this", let's start with Korea:

"After the Russo-Japanese War of 1904-5, Japan acquired control over Korea, annexing it formally in 1910. In 1905 Japanese Prime Minister Katsura Tar? met secretly with U.S. Secretary of War William Howard Taft, producing the Taft-Katsura Agreement in which the U.S. recognized Japan’s interests in Korea. What did the U.S. receive in return?

a. Japanese agreement to limit emigration to the U.S.

b. Japanese recognition of U.S. colonial rule over the Philippines.

c. Japan’s renunciation to all claims to the Hawai’ian Islands.

Correct answer in bold.

Are you really naive enough to believe US foreign policy isn't dictated by corporate greed?

A Pop Quiz on Korea » Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

to start with the war was Saddam's fault
he was given 18 months to do the right thing

The Bush administration had just as long to do the right thing, which was to stop lying to the American people and the world about Hussein having WMD and being involved in the 9-11 attacks. But they did not do so.

Saddam was a mad man

This is so often said, and is always a pile of bile. "He was a mad man, he was dangerous." It's easy to use fearmongering blather to support one's position, but it tends to indicate that one has no real support for their position.

If Bush lied to the American People about WMD, then What were the Democrats telling US about WMD in Iraq between 1996 and leading up to the invasion in 2003? When US forces could not find WMDs, the Bush haters seized the opportunity to create the myth that Bush lied. The truth is Bush used the same intelligence that Dems used before his Presidency and their basis to support the executive decision to take out Saddam.

Except Congress didn't get this info.

On Sept. 18, 2002, CIA director George Tenet briefed President Bush in the Oval Office on top-secret intelligence that Saddam Hussein did not have weapons of mass destruction, according to two former senior CIA officers. Bush dismissed as worthless this information from the Iraqi foreign minister, a member of Saddam’s inner circle, although it turned out to be accurate in every detail. Tenet never brought it up again.

Nor was the intelligence included in the National Intelligence Estimate of October 2002, which stated categorically that Iraq possessed WMD. No one in Congress was aware of the secret intelligence that Saddam had no WMD

Bush knew Saddam had no weapons of mass destruction - CIA - Salon.com

It's Tuesday.

As of Monday and about a zillion dollars and nine years later, there were no WMDs found in Iraq.

Next update on Wednesday...there will be no WMDs found in Iraq at that time either.

Have a good day.

It sure must be nice to be able to look at the thousands and thousands of American dead, maimed and damaged and be able to convince yourself that a dead Saddam is worth all of that. Spin in the extreme. Horrible.

Liberals just make stuff up as they go and never pay any attention to content
1) Al Qaeda was in Iraq in 2002
2) The UN had information from Saddam after the 1st gulf war. That information still has 6000 munitions missing among other items. Munitions with Nerve gas in the war heads
3) Same with Anthrax

As a reminder, the 35 countries that went into Iraq to enforce those same UN regulations as well as removing Al Qaeda from the same killed very few. Al Qaeda and the hand full of Iraqis that did not want to have elections killed most of those who lost there lives, but 1.9 million fewer than Saddam had killed previously according to the NY times (the 2 million)
Let me also remind you that in the same time in the US we had about 150,000 murders.
http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0306.pdf
Many of them done much for the same reason as in Iraq
People hating another person

It's Tuesday.

As of Monday and about a zillion dollars and nine years later, there were no WMDs found in Iraq.

Next update on Wednesday...there will be no WMDs found in Iraq at that time either.

Have a good day.

WASHINGTON, June 29, 2006 – The 500 munitions discovered throughout Iraq since 2003 and discussed in a National Ground Intelligence Center report meet the criteria of weapons of mass destruction, the center's commander said here today.
"These are chemical weapons as defined under the Chemical Weapons Convention, and yes ... they do constitute weapons of mass destruction," Army Col. John Chu told the House Armed Services Committee.
The Chemical Weapons Convention is an arms control agreement which outlaws the production, stockpiling and use of chemical weapons. It was signed in 1993 and entered into force in 1997.
The munitions found contain sarin and mustard gases, Army Lt. Gen. Michael D. Maples, director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, said. Sarin attacks the neurological system and is potentially lethal.
"Mustard is a blister agent (that) actually produces burning of any area (where) an individual may come in contact with the agent," he said. It also is potentially fatal if it gets into a person's lungs.
The munitions addressed in the report were produced in the 1980s, Maples said. Badly corroded, they could not currently be used as originally intended, Chu added.
While that's reassuring, the agent remaining in the weapons would be very valuable to terrorists and insurgents, Maples said. "We're talking chemical agents here that could be packaged in a different format and have a great effect," he said, referencing the sarin-gas attack on a Japanese subway in the mid-1990s.

CC lying about this is doing your rep no good
Son the truth is these munitions were to be destroyed prior to 1998, much less 2006
There are still 6000 missing according to the UN
Now if you have a link to rebutte these facts as presented to congress in 2006, have had it
congress has an issue with people lying to them
If not, do your self a favor, denial is not a river in Egypt
GWB stated we never found what we thought we would find, But no-one ever claimed Iraq was free of munitions they were not suppose to have

Defense.gov News Article: Munitions Found in Iraq Meet WMD Criteria, Official Says

Why do you continually cite members of the US Congress when they are bribed by defense contractors to constantly support US wars of aggression from Korea to Kosovo?

Since 1945 which country has killed thousands of civilians on the opposite side of the planet from its homeland?

Or do consider the American Empire a success story?

I have not cited any-one about 1 bribe as I recall
Since 1945 as I recall we did not start any of those wars
And for the record I HATE violence

Korea was invaded from the north
Vietnam was a with 1000s being murdered
Saddam was a mad man
OBL same

Seems to me the problem was not the US, it was the evil people who started these conflicts
Vietnam? I mean what should have the world done there?
Korea?

Saddam and OBL was a no brainer
Why is it you Liberals blame the American and never mention the on such as Saddam who killed millions?
According to The New York Times, "he [Saddam] murdered as many as a million of his people, many with poison gas. He tortured, maimed and imprisoned countless more. His unprovoked invasion of Iran is estimated to have left another million people dead. His seizure of Kuwait threw the Middle East into crisis. More insidious, arguably, was the psychological damage he inflicted on his own land. Hussein created a nation of informants — friends on friends, circles within circles — making an entire population complicit in his rule".[9] Others have estimated 800,000 deaths caused by Saddam not counting the Iran-Iraq war.[10] Estimates as to the number of Iraqis executed by Saddam's regime vary from 300-500,000[11] to over 600,000,[12] estimates as to the number of Kurds he massacred vary from 70,000 to 300,000,[13] and estimates as to the number killed in the put-down of the 1991 rebellion vary from 60,000[14] to 200,000.[12] Estimates for the number of dead in the Iran-Iraq war range upwards from 300,000.[15]

Human rights in Saddam Hussein's Iraq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And no even that was not the reason we took him out
The enforcement of the 1991 surrender treaty and to remove Al Qaeda who had moved some of OBL deputies that had began to set up operations in Iraq in 2002

Why is it the US is the bad in this? without the bad people such as Saddam there would have been no wars

Again, I HATE violence, but I hate lies just as bad
"Why is the US bad in this", let's start with Korea:

"After the Russo-Japanese War of 1904-5, Japan acquired control over Korea, annexing it formally in 1910. In 1905 Japanese Prime Minister Katsura Tar? met secretly with U.S. Secretary of War William Howard Taft, producing the Taft-Katsura Agreement in which the U.S. recognized Japan’s interests in Korea. What did the U.S. receive in return?

a. Japanese agreement to limit emigration to the U.S.

b. Japanese recognition of U.S. colonial rule over the Philippines.

c. Japan’s renunciation to all claims to the Hawai’ian Islands.

Correct answer in bold.

Are you really naive enough to believe US foreign policy isn't dictated by corporate greed?

A Pop Quiz on Korea » Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

I am going to make this as simple as I can
You have that opinion of this country, that is your right
But I have no idea why you live here

Naive?
Explain to me what we accomplished in Iraq?
Less oil on the market means higher prices

I have no idea what your claims on Japan are and frankly I do not care. If people sit in the WH and plan to overthrow any govt so Exxon can drill for oil there, well I am not sure what to say about that

look we really have nothing to discuss, your so far off of the reservation (and that is your right) I find no reason to debate it
Good luck, you need it bud

The invasion and occupation of Iraq was and remains a complete failure. The facts are these:

The cost in blood and treasure was unnecessary and the on going cost to treat the wounded will last for decades;

The winner was Iran.

No nuclear weapons were found, and the basis for the invasion was that Iraq had a nuclear program active in 2003. It did not.

The focus on Iraq took eyes off domestic and foreign policy critical issues.

Our economy suffered and we are paying the price of engaging in war, cutting taxes and ignoring our nations infrastructure for nearly a decade.

The war(s) cost us about 200 billion a year
In 2010 we spent 3.7 trillion dollars
2010 United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In 2010 the entire Iraqi enforcement act cost us less than the failed stimulus
CBO: Eight Years of Iraq War Cost Less Than Stimulus Act | Fox News
AL Qaeda was in Iraq, prior to 2003
WMDs? no we never found what the intel said we would, but Saddam was to have destroyed all, not some
The UN made the claim that 6,500 munitions with nerve gas were still un accounted for on 1-27-2003

dis agreeing with enforcing the UN regs in Iraq and removing Al Qaeda from the same as well as 550 mertic tons of yellow cake, free elections and a Saddam free middle east (he killed millions and funded numerous terrorist groups) is your choice

But try and find legitimate reasons
The UE rate in 2007 was 5%

to start with the war was Saddam's fault
he was given 18 months to do the right thing

The Bush administration had just as long to do the right thing, which was to stop lying to the American people and the world about Hussein having WMD and being involved in the 9-11 attacks. But they did not do so.

Saddam was a mad man

This is so often said, and is always a pile of bile. "He was a mad man, he was dangerous." It's easy to use fearmongering blather to support one's position, but it tends to indicate that one has no real support for their position.

There is little doubt in a thinking mans mind that Saddam had WMDs
on 9-11 he know he was through
he had 18 months to sell, bury, hide, do what ever he could to get rid of weapons the UN, not the US claimed he had

JRK and berzerker, the WMDs were never found as warned against by the bushies.

The chemistry sets found later or the inert decades old material were not WMDs.

It sure must be nice to be able to look at the thousands and thousands of American dead, maimed and damaged and be able to convince yourself that a dead Saddam is worth all of that. Spin in the extreme. Horrible.

2) The UN had information from Saddam after the 1st gulf war. That information still has 6000 munitions missing among other items. Munitions with Nerve gas in the war heads
3) Same with Anthrax

As a reminder, the 35 countries that went into Iraq to enforce those same UN regulations as well as removing Al Qaeda from the same killed very few. Al Qaeda and the hand full of Iraqis that did not want to have elections killed most of those who lost there lives, but 1.9 million fewer than Saddam had killed previously according to the NY times (the 2 million)
Let me also remind you that in the same time in the US we had about 150,000 murders.

So you agree, all the horror to our troops and their children and their families was "worth it". Okay.

Thanks for proving my point. Correct, yes or no?

And precisely what am I "making up"?

Last edited:

3) Same with Anthrax

1. Al Queda was in the USA in 2001. Al Queda had a presence in the Northern section of Iraq. You know in the free Kurdish area. Where US plane were patrolling!

2. You had your hat handed to you on this matter yet you keep plugging your SOS. There was never any proof that there were 6000 missing munitions. What that came from was that there was no verifiable proof of destruction of a small percent of the material Iraq had prior to the war. Iraqi official said all was destroyed. From the amount of missing chemicals the UN inspectors guessed that they could have made about 6000 munitions with it.

3 Antrax was sold to Iraq by a US firm with authorization from the State Department.

Al Queda fighters did not enter Iraq in great numbers even after the fall of the Iraq Government. Most of the fighter associated with al Queda were homegrown.

3) Same with Anthrax

So you agree, all the horror to our troops and their children and their families was "worth it". Okay.

Thanks for proving my point. Correct, yes or no?

And precisely what am I "making up"?

I pointed out the things you made up

What point did you prove? That you have no issue making absurd accusations of your fellow Americans and not once make comment about the person that caused that mess? that horror for millions? Saddam Hussein
9-11-2001 we were minding our own business, same in 1991 (Kuwait)

Saddam had nothing to do with 9-11, but he had allot to do with terror
Post 9-11 GWB made it clear to Saddam
Do you think we should have allowed Saddam and Al Qaeda to run a muck in Iraq?
What would have us do? 6 million Jews were murdered allowing terrorist to run a muck
over 3000 on 9-11 alone
you forget that?

Saddam was a terrorist
Saddam Hussein’s Iraq had extensive ties to terrorist organizations, including Al Qaeda, according to an official report published by the Pentagon’s Institute for Defense Analyses and released through the Joint Forces Command.

That report, Saddam and Terrorism: Emerging Insights from Captured Iraqi Documents, came up with some startling revelations in its 59 pages:

• Saddam’s Iraq trained terrorists for use inside and outside Iraq and in 1999 sent 10 terrorist-training graduates to London to carry out attacks throughout Europe. (Page 1)

• Saddam’s Iraq stockpiled munitions (including explosives, missile launchers and silencer-equipped small arms) at its embassies in the Middle East, Asia and parts of Europe. (Pages 3-4)

• In September of 2001, Saddam’s Iraq sought out and compiled a list of 43 suicide-bomb volunteers in a “Martyrdom Project.” (Pages 7-8)

• The report contains language from a captured Iraqi document which references an attempted assassination of Danielle Mitterand, wife of French President Francois Mitterand, by car bomb. (Page 11)

• The report’s authors describe Saddam’s Iraq as a “long-standing supporter of international terrorism” including several organizations designated as international terrorist organizations by the US State Department. (Page 13)

• Among the organizations that captured Iraqi documents indicate were supported by Saddam’s Iraq were: (Pages 13-15).

The Truth About Sadam and Terrorism - HUMAN EVENTS

And hey, if it weren't for Iraq, thousands of examples of this cool poster could never have happened! How fortunate we are for the Iraq War!

And it's all worth it, right?

528700_148905905240732_100003639712110_182465_1759789702_n.jpg

Mac these people died to give you the right to have the freedom of speech
I would hate to wake yo tomorrow and have nothing more to be in this world than to be you
Sick? no that is not sick Mac
your trying to lower people to your level mac

Good bye Mac. I hope you never face what millions in this world who could not defend them selves face daily
That Marine you just made fun of has millions who gave it all for Mac, and that is the way you thanked every single one of those families

I will send this to every marine I know

Good Bye

Last edited:
I began this thread because of the lies that were told about these event
The 100s of thousands of Men and Woman who without question volunteered so people like Mac could sit behind a key board and make jokes about there sacrifice

I have no issue with people who dis agreed with this event, I have a real serious issue with those who ignore what Saddam really was and why we really had no choice but to remove him from this earth
I have serious issue with those who blamed every-one but THE one who caused all of it
Saddam Hussein

Being against war started with him
Being against Violence began with him
Murdering millions and harboring the same who were responsible for 9-11 left this country and its 33 allies no choice
without Al Qaeda, there are few deaths
without Saddam, there are none

God Bless all of them that made it so mac could be the person he thinks he is today
free to make a joke of the sacrifices made

Violence sucks, and with Gods will one day I pray there will be no more
I also pray that those like mac who think the freedoms we have are allowed to go live in places like Iraq when Saddam was torturing, raping, killing millions for nothing more than being a human being
Mac were all pulling for you

Last edited:

And hey, if it weren't for Iraq, thousands of examples of this cool poster could never have happened! How fortunate we are for the Iraq War!

And it's all worth it, right?

528700_148905905240732_100003639712110_182465_1759789702_n.jpg

Mac these people died to give you the right to have the freedom of speech
I would hate to wake yo tomorrow and have nothing more to be in this world than to be you
Sick? no that is not sick Mac
your trying to lower people to your level mac

Good bye Mac. I hope you never face what millions in this world who could not defend them selves face daily
That Marine you just made fun of has millions who gave it all for Mac, and that is the way you thanked every single one of those families

I will send this to every marine I know

Good Bye

I wonder if you really believe that the soldiers who have been killed and so damaged in Iraq and Afghanistan somehow did so to protect my freedom of speech. I wonder if you have really, deep down, convinced yourself of that. I suppose I can understand that endeavor, since anyone who feels somehow obligated to rationalize these horrific tragedies figures they need to come up with something.
Or maybe you're just lying. Delusion or dishonesty, it doesn't matter to me.

These brave soldiers suffered and died having to justify someone else's ideology. And you think their deaths and their pain, and that of their families and their children, was worth it. Stunning.

Look at that tragic photo again, JRK. Own it, because you support it. And play your sanctimonious, passive-aggressive games with someone else. You're no victim, your feelings aren't hurt, you're just another ideologue trying to justify a tragic blunder.

Now, be sure to tell us how you "support the troops". And while you're at it, don't forget to tell the child in the photo, too.

Last edited:
JRK keeps spamming, but the fact remains that WMDs were not found, as the admin described them; the leadership are war criminals; and the outsourcing of the war helped weaken the American economy.

Forum List

Back