Why would anyone continue to claim the iraqi war was a failure?

The weapons that the USA alleged Iraq of having were simply not found. You are the one trying to convince yourself I'm saying the UN has jurisdiction over the USA defending itself. I'm not saying that at all. We have every right to defend ourselves from real threats. Iraq posed no threat to us. The UN was formed in the wake of WWII to try and stop wars of aggresssion. Of course the Veto works in our favor and no UNSC sanction will ever come out against us for launching the invasion and occupation of Iraq.....

Was there brand new scud missiles with war heads filled with mustard gas found?
No
Was there Weapons found that Saddam was suppose to have destroyed and by not destroying them was not in compliance with the UN sanctions?
Yes
Your of the opinion we should not have invaded, your to the opinion that there was no threat
The US congress we elected as well as the president of the US thought different. It is, it has been and allways will be that simple

having respect for your opinion is one thing, denying the events as they took place is another
The UN was wrong and i dont care what those munitions looked like in 2003 there were never suppose to have been there as was the yellow cake that was found

USATODAY.com - U.S. transferred uranium from Iraq without U.N. authorization

Quote: "The nearly 2 tons of low-enriched uranium and approximately 1,000 highly radioactive items transferred from Iraq to the United States last month had been placed under seal by the International Atomic Energy Agency at the sprawling Tuwaitha nuclear complex, 12 miles south of Baghdad, the officials said."

...material that could have been used to make dirty bombs...well, if that is not materials for a form of WMDs then I do not know what is kids!...lol...!

Now that was in 2004, here is more today, in 2008:
Evidence of WMDs presence in Iraq. - a knol by Luis T. Puig

So it's obvous you think that Iraq was a threat to the worlds remaining superpower with 500 unusable chemical muntions and some amount of yellow cake uranium under lock and seal by the UN worth the lives of 4000+ US soldiers! I don't

Was there brand new scud missiles with war heads filled with mustard gas found?
No
Was there Weapons found that Saddam was suppose to have destroyed and by not destroying them was not in compliance with the UN sanctions?
Yes
Your of the opinion we should not have invaded, your to the opinion that there was no threat
The US congress we elected as well as the president of the US thought different. It is, it has been and allways will be that simple

having respect for your opinion is one thing, denying the events as they took place is another
The UN was wrong and i dont care what those munitions looked like in 2003 there were never suppose to have been there as was the yellow cake that was found

USATODAY.com - U.S. transferred uranium from Iraq without U.N. authorization

Quote: "The nearly 2 tons of low-enriched uranium and approximately 1,000 highly radioactive items transferred from Iraq to the United States last month had been placed under seal by the International Atomic Energy Agency at the sprawling Tuwaitha nuclear complex, 12 miles south of Baghdad, the officials said."

...material that could have been used to make dirty bombs...well, if that is not materials for a form of WMDs then I do not know what is kids!...lol...!

Now that was in 2004, here is more today, in 2008:
Evidence of WMDs presence in Iraq. - a knol by Luis T. Puig

So it's obvous you think that Iraq was a threat to the worlds remaining superpower with 500 unusable chemical muntions and some amount of yellow cake uranium under lock and seal by the UN worth the lives of 4000+ US soldiers! I don't

I respect that
I never would try and make you feel different
Saddam could have prevented it all, thats the real bad guy in this mess

The medicare prescription should have had enough of an off set in the amount we are taxed to off set it.
No child left behind I could not agree with any more with you. Educating our kids
should be just that

Well, I'm pretty sure those who "think" the Iraqi war is a failure, who think Republicans don't care about seniors social security or leaving children behind in any way could be just thinking in terms of saying the little yakkety yak things that scare people into voting for their own candidates, not Republican ones. The truth is, Republicans are not going after valid claims on social security, are not going after kids' medical or educational needs, nor any other way that would diminish any American citizen. All that negative stuff is just scare-talk the opposition always claims as a step up to their agendas to get power over the budget to tax and spend. We may be out of money, but we're not out of heart, and we will defend the nation's safety, wherever it takes us.

Go, Republicans!

What bullshit. LOL

Saddam was a threat because he did not fess up, and I am glad that JRK admitted that.

The problem was that (1) the military intelligence was not good, and (2) Cheney et al had their game strategy in place and did not want facts to change it.

JRK is the perfect example of right-wing progressive neo-con thinking, that the projection of military strength internationally can make other countries little "Americas" supporting us. How wrong.

1) REMOVE SADDAM
DONE
2) STABILIZE COUNTRY
DONE
3) HAVE A REPUBLIC BORN OF THESE EVENTS
DONE

Am missing something here?

Hmmm. Let's see. They're now publicly supporting the Syrian and Iranian governments. Well, you know those wild and whacky Shia's!

Yeah. Big success!

So your stating that the 62% that voted in the last election in Iraq voted to support the country of Iran and Syria?
do you have proof of that?

Only the words of their president :lol:

BAGHDAD — As leaders in the Arab world and other countries condemn President Bashar al-Assad’s violent crackdown on demonstrators in Syria, Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Maliki of Iraq has struck a far friendlier tone, urging the protesters not to “sabotage” the state and hosting an official Syrian delegation.
Mr. Maliki’s support for Mr. Assad has illustrated how much Iraq’s position in the Middle East has shifted toward an axis led by Iran. And it has also aggravated the fault line between Iraq’s Shiite majority, whose leaders have accepted Mr. Assad’s account that Al Qaeda is behind the uprising, and the Sunni minority, whose leaders have condemned the Syrian crackdown.

“The unrest in Syria has exacerbated the old sectarian divides in Iraq because the Shiite leaders have grown close to Assad and the Sunnis identify with the people,” said Joost Hiltermann, the International Crisis Group’s deputy program director for the Middle East.

He added: “Maliki is very reliant on Iran for his power and Iran is backing Syria all the way. The Iranians and the Syrians were all critical to bringing him to power a year ago and keeping him in power so he finds himself in a difficult position.”

Iraq and Syria have not had close relations for years, long before the American invasion. During the sectarian violence here that broke out after the invasion, Iraqi leaders blamed Syria for allowing suicide bombers and other militants to enter the country.

But Syria and Iran have had close ties, a factor in the recalibration of relations between Syria and Iraq. Last year, Iran pressured Mr. Assad into supporting Mr. Maliki for prime minister, which eventually helped him gain a second term. Since then, Mr. Maliki and Mr. Assad have strengthened relations, signing trade deals and increasing Syrian investment in Iraq.

Like I said long ago, it doesn't matter how long we stay, we're fighting thousands of years of culture. They'll AWAYS hate Westerners and will revert to a theocracy, if not officially, in practice. It will come down to religious unity guiding every decision. We've accomplished nothing.
Oh and btw, after they refused to spend any of their own money rebuilding their country and insisted we spend ours (which we did), who did they give their first oil contracts to? Our economic rival: China. Nice slap inthe face, don't you think?

Hmmm. Let's see. They're now publicly supporting the Syrian and Iranian governments. Well, you know those wild and whacky Shia's!

Yeah. Big success!

So your stating that the 62% that voted in the last election in Iraq voted to support the country of Iran and Syria?

BAGHDAD — As leaders in the Arab world and other countries condemn President Bashar al-Assad’s violent crackdown on demonstrators in Syria, Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Maliki of Iraq has struck a far friendlier tone, urging the protesters not to “sabotage” the state and hosting an official Syrian delegation.
Mr. Maliki’s support for Mr. Assad has illustrated how much Iraq’s position in the Middle East has shifted toward an axis led by Iran. And it has also aggravated the fault line between Iraq’s Shiite majority, whose leaders have accepted Mr. Assad’s account that Al Qaeda is behind the uprising, and the Sunni minority, whose leaders have condemned the Syrian crackdown.

“The unrest in Syria has exacerbated the old sectarian divides in Iraq because the Shiite leaders have grown close to Assad and the Sunnis identify with the people,” said Joost Hiltermann, the International Crisis Group’s deputy program director for the Middle East.

He added: “Maliki is very reliant on Iran for his power and Iran is backing Syria all the way. The Iranians and the Syrians were all critical to bringing him to power a year ago and keeping him in power so he finds himself in a difficult position.”

Iraq and Syria have not had close relations for years, long before the American invasion. During the sectarian violence here that broke out after the invasion, Iraqi leaders blamed Syria for allowing suicide bombers and other militants to enter the country.

But Syria and Iran have had close ties, a factor in the recalibration of relations between Syria and Iraq. Last year, Iran pressured Mr. Assad into supporting Mr. Maliki for prime minister, which eventually helped him gain a second term. Since then, Mr. Maliki and Mr. Assad have strengthened relations, signing trade deals and increasing Syrian investment in Iraq.

Like I said long ago, it doesn't matter how long we stay, we're fighting thousands of years of culture. They'll AWAYS hate Westerners and will revert to a theocracy, if not officially, in practice. It will come down to religious unity guiding every decision. We've accomplished nothing.
Oh and btw, after they refused to spend any of their own money rebuilding their country and insisted we spend ours (which we did), who did they give their first oil contracts to? Our economic rival: China. Nice slap inthe face, don't you think?

The unrest in Syria has exacerbated the old sectarian divides in Iraq because the Shiite leaders have grown close to Assad and the Sunnis identify with the people,” said Joost Hiltermann, the International Crisis Group’s deputy program director for the Middle East.

Thats not Malikis words those atr HJoost hiltermann, who ever he is

And as far as having a working relationship with Syria have you ever looked at a map? thats like saying Florida and georgia have agreed to trade deals

Now was this war about oil are not? y7ou liberals need to make up ypur minds
We dont need iraqi oil we have plenty right here, Obama will not let us build the pipelines to get it to the refinaries

The unrest in Syria has exacerbated the old sectarian divides in Iraq because the Shiite leaders have grown close to Assad and the Sunnis identify with the people,” said Joost Hiltermann, the International Crisis Group’s deputy program director for the Middle East.

Thats not Malikis words those atr HJoost hiltermann, who ever he is

And as far as having a working relationship with Syria have you ever looked at a map? thats like saying Florida and georgia have agreed to trade deals

Now was this war about oil are not? y7ou liberals need to make up ypur minds
We dont need iraqi oil we have plenty right here, Obama will not let us build the pipelines to get it to the refinaries

I love that you call me a Liberal! Would go to the threat I started about unions abusing their power and costing American jobs, and tell the guy who called me a "Con" that?
Love the whackjob mentality. Anyone disagreeing with you on anything must instantly be labeled as "those other guys".
If you think we've changed anything for long, well, I'll refrain from labels and insults.

So why did we go? Was it because we were told of the threat of imminent attack with WMD's?
Or was Jefferson full of shit when he said our job is not to promote democracy by interfering with the affairs of other nations and to do so would be UnConstitutional? Which of course means you wold support the Obama wars... Oh wait! Lemme guess. You don't. That was tough to predict. Just like your opinion on any of a dozen other issues.
Sheeple.

It was sold to the U N and the American public on the fear of mushroom clouds and a guarantee too be paid for with Iraqi oil. Both lies.

It was sold to the U N and the American public on the fear of mushroom clouds and a guarantee too be paid for with Iraqi oil. Both lies.

Oil? do not recall that one
Mushroom clouds? do not recall that one, even though there was enough yellow cake found it took 30+ cargo planes to haul it out of there

JRK is merely a wreck of a progressive right-wing neo-con who fails in the OP continually.

The medicare prescription should have had enough of an off set in the amount we are taxed to off set it.
No child left behind I could not agree with any more with you. Educating our kids
should be just that
Well, I'm pretty sure those who "think" the Iraqi war is a failure, who think Republicans don't care about seniors social security or leaving children behind in any way could be just thinking in terms of saying the little yakkety yak things that scare people into voting for their own candidates, not Republican ones. The truth is, Republicans are not going after valid claims on social security, are not going after kids' medical or educational needs, nor any other way that would diminish any American citizen. All that negative stuff is just scare-talk the opposition always claims as a step up to their agendas to get power over the budget to tax and spend. We may be out of money, but we're not out of heart, and we will defend the nation's safety, wherever it takes us.

Go, Republicans!

What <freudian stage 1 term omitted>. LOL

Not so. The Republican Party began as an anti-slavery group and still believes in human rights in the 21st century. The freudian term which you are representing actually is careless scare-talk the political opposition uses when it wants to pull the wool over the public with catch-phrases that claim Republicans are dishonest, greedy, and overbearing, all of which are far from the truth. In addition, we take up the Constitutional charge to provide for the common defense. This angers our anti-American, international enemies whose money pays for a lot of the badmouthing Republicans and other conservatives in America receive.

Those "lies" came from the Bill Clinton State Department as well as being confirmed by famous Euro spy agencies looking into terrorism. I read them and I know where these stories originated. Saddam played shell games with his nukes. Then when the situation got too hot to handle, he fed-exed his nukes over his borders to other terrorist-sponsoring nations.

Those "lies" came from the Bill Clinton State Department as well as being confirmed by famous Euro spy agencies looking into terrorism. I read them and I know where these stories originated. Saddam played shell games with his nukes. Then when the situation got too hot to handle, he fed-exed his nukes over his borders to other terrorist-sponsoring nations.

Well to start there was much found in Iraq as GWB stated we would (thru the CIA etc...)
WMDs? check
Yellow cake? Check

The left lied so bad about what was really there that when it was found and it became public it was found no-one run with it. CBS I think claims that the UN had the yellow cake under raps prior to the invasion
That would be the same UN that stated there was no WMDs found before the invasion. CBS has become a joke

Oil? do not recall that one
Mushroom clouds? do not recall that one, even though there was enough yellow cake found it took 30+ cargo planes to haul it out of there

OIL

Paul Wolfowitz told a congressional panel that Iraqi oil revenues would help pay for reconstructing the country, i.e. a cost of the war. “The oil revenue of that country could bring between 50 and 100 billion dollars over the course of the next two or three years. We’re dealing with a country that could really finance its own reconstruction, and relatively soon,” he said.

One month before the war, then-White House press secretary Ari Fleischer said Iraq “is a rather wealthy country. … And so there are a variety of means that Iraq has to be able to shoulder much of the burden for their own reconstruction.”

SHROOMS

"America must not ignore the threat gathering against us. Facing clear evidence of peril, we cannot wait for the final proof -- the smoking gun -- that could come in the form of a mushroom cloud." -- George W. Bush, 10/07/02

"As Americans, we want peace -- we work and sacrifice for peace. But there can be no peace if our security depends on the will and whims of a ruthless and aggressive dictator. I'm not willing to stake one American life on trusting Saddam Hussein." -- George W. Bush, 10/07/02

The Yellow Cake your pushing is a still Red Herring......

Well to start there was much found in Iraq as GWB stated we would (thru the CIA etc...)
WMDs? check
Yellow cake? Check

The left lied so bad about what was really there that when it was found and it became public it was found no-one run with it. CBS I think claims that the UN had the yellow cake under raps prior to the invasion
That would be the same UN that stated there was no WMDs found before the invasion. CBS has become a joke

Saddam Hussein did not possess stockpiles of illicit weapons at the time of the U.S. invasion in March 2003 and had not begun any program to produce them, a CIA report concludes.

Report: No WMD stockpiles in Iraq - CNN

https://www.cia.gov/library/reports/general-reports-1/iraq_wmd_2004/index.html

WMDs? check
Yellow cake? Check

Saddam Hussein did not possess stockpiles of illicit weapons at the time of the U.S. invasion in March 2003 and had not begun any program to produce them, a CIA report concludes.

Report: No WMD stockpiles in Iraq - CNN

https://www.cia.gov/library/reports/general-reports-1/iraq_wmd_2004/index.html

I will not debate that matter nor will I try and convince any-one there is much proof that numerous WMDs were moved prior to our invasion
but
The Un for good reasons also thought that Saddam had 1000s of WMDs/anthrax and VX nerve agent that were never accounted for, it was not just the CIA
Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chief UN weapons inspector Hans Blix remarked in January 2003 that "Iraq appears not to have come to a genuine acceptance—not even today—of the disarmament, which was demanded of it and which it needs to carry out to win the confidence of the world and to live in peace."[118] Among other things he noted that 1,000 short tons (910 t) of chemical agent were unaccounted for, information on Iraq's VX nerve agent program was missing, and that "no convincing evidence" was presented for the destruction of 8,500 litres (1,900 imp gal; 2,200 US gal) of anthrax that had been declared.[118]

Guarantee safety of U2 surveillance flights over Iraq; Stop harassing UN inspectors; Explain production of more of the nerve agent VX than declared; Account for 1,000 tonnes of chemical agents from Iraq-Iran War; Account for 6,500 missing chemical rockets; Produce evidence that it has destroyed 8,500 litres of anthrax; Declare whereabouts of 650kg of bacterial growth media, enough to produce 5,000 litres of concentrated anthrax; Halt production of Al Samoud 2 and Al Fatah with a range beyond the 150km limit; Reveal whereabouts of 380 rocket engines, smuggled into Iraq last month with chemicals used for missile propellants and control systems; Provide more names of scientists involved in weapons of mass destruction. So far only 400 of an estimated 3,500 people have been named; Provide scientists for private interview; Hand over sensitive documents hidden in private homes and documents detailing purchase or destruction of suspect materials; Search for banned weapons and destroy them under UN supervision.
EXPLORE WORLD NEWS
WORLD AGENDA
IRAQ NEWS
US & AMERICAS NEWS
EUROPE NEWS
MIDDLE EAST NEWS
AFGHANISTAN NEWS
ASIA NEWS
AFRICA NEWS
IRELAND NEWS

Iraq set tougher weapons test by Blix - Times Online

The right-wing progressive neo-cons here simply fail to successfully evidence the OP.

For starters:

1). The 2003 invasion of Iraq was based on lies upon lies,

2). Thousands of lives have been unnecessarily lost as result of unjust invasion of Iraq,

3). Operation in Iraq brought the US to its knees financially,

4). All tactics used to stop resistance only appeared to be working because of the killings of thousands of Iraqis,

5). US is still struggling to control Iraqi nationalists 8 years after George W. Bush announced "mission accomplished."

Long and short of the matter is: You cannot box true humans. Remember the British called North Americans resisting British impositions in teh 1770s insurgents and terrorists. But it the same resisitance by North americans that eventually laid the foundation for "We the people ...." Those Iraqis, like 1770s Americans, want to be left alone to manage their own affairs and determine their own destiny.

We are still in Iraq plus Afghanistan plus Pakistan plus Libya, just to name a few. Warlikeness is not going to get 'us" anywhere. I wish we would learn to mind our own business and just leave other people alone.

For starters:

1). The 2003 invasion of Iraq was based on lies upon lies,

2). Thousands of lives have been unnecessarily lost as result of unjust invasion of Iraq,

3). Operation in Iraq brought the US to its knees financially,

4). All tactics used to stop resistance only appeared to be working because of the killings of thousands of Iraqis,

5). US is still struggling to control Iraqi nationalists 8 years after George W. Bush announced "mission accomplished."

Long and short of the matter is: You cannot box true humans. Remember the British called North Americans resisting British impositions in teh 1770s insurgents and terrorists. But it the same resisitance by North americans that eventually laid the foundation for "We the people ...." Those Iraqis, like 1770s Americans, want to be left alone to manage their own affairs and determine their own destiny.

We are still in Iraq plus Afghanistan plus Pakistan plus Libya, just to name a few. Warlikeness is not going to get 'us" anywhere. I wish we would learn to mind our own business and just leave other people alone.

Couldn't I have just logged on to DailyKOS and read that directly?

What does your cutting and pasting from the Hate Sites bring to the party?

I'm just askin....

Forum List

Back