Why would anyone continue to claim the iraqi war was a failure?

For starters:

1). The 2003 invasion of Iraq was based on lies upon lies,

2). Thousands of lives have been unnecessarily lost as result of unjust invasion of Iraq,

3). Operation in Iraq brought the US to its knees financially,

4). All tactics used to stop resistance only appeared to be working because of the killings of thousands of Iraqis,

5). US is still struggling to control Iraqi nationalists 8 years after George W. Bush announced "mission accomplished."

Long and short of the matter is: You cannot box true humans. Remember the British called North Americans resisting British impositions in teh 1770s insurgents and terrorists. But it the same resisitance by North americans that eventually laid the foundation for "We the people ...." Those Iraqis, like 1770s Americans, want to be left alone to manage their own affairs and determine their own destiny.

We are still in Iraq plus Afghanistan plus Pakistan plus Libya, just to name a few. Warlikeness is not going to get 'us" anywhere. I wish we would learn to mind our own business and just leave other people alone.

1) What lies? If you think there were lies then why do you not provide those lies?
2) Thats your opinion
3) Operation Iraq cost less than the failed stimulus and has saved billions with base closings in Saudi and Kuwait to include the billions the UN was milking also. those monies had no stop to them and the exact amount is unknown (that would make to much sense to look at that war with common sense)
4) The Killing of Iraqis was done by other people than the US. I have no idea what that meant
5) 62% of the Iraqi people voted in the last election. They are as agreed upon in November of 2008 taking care of there own business now

Again what lies are you talking about?

JRK, you do realize that you can't change the facts by ignoring them...right?

Ignorace is bliss. Thomas Gray

You must be one blissful mother f-er.

Dude you keep making statement that have no truth to them
What fact have I ignored?
thats the problem is you keep thinking that the CIA stating that Saddam had WMDs and that the UN stating that Saddam had WMDs that were not accounted for is not the same thing
Mother fu---er?
dude you got NO CLASS to bring that into this. I am sorry you have made a fool of your self, but enough of the MF when it comes to me

Liberals get beat they resort to name calling and character assassination
Just look above at NIC
I respect peoples opinion, but to lie about those events to support your opinion is not good. But when you attack verbally the people who point out those lies
thats not cool

not agreeing on the way people govern can be changed when there re-election comes up
people were happy with GWB or he would have not been re-elected
Obama in my opinion is gone in 2012. If you dis agree with that it does not make you a bad person
If you dis agree with that and then call me a mother fuc-er because of that, what exactly does that make you now?

Last edited:

All of them.

You are a fool's fool. It's a shame that you choose to be so ignorant but I guess it is of no real consequence to me.

You know you do a good job name calling
thats about 3rd grade level
what facts have I ignored. if your so right and I am so wrong, bring it on
if not
shut up

All of them.

You are a fool's fool. It's a shame that you choose to be so ignorant but I guess it is of no real consequence to me.

if not
shut up

U.S. removes 'yellowcake' from Iraq - World news - Mideast/N. Africa - Conflict in Iraq - msnbc.com

Israeli warplanes bombed a reactor project at the site in 1981. Later, U.N. inspectors documented and safeguarded the yellowcake, which had been stored in aging drums and containers since before the 1991 Gulf War. There was no evidence of any yellowcake dating from after 1991, the official said.

Do you understand what this means?

For starters:

1). The 2003 invasion of Iraq was based on lies upon lies,

2). Thousands of lives have been unnecessarily lost as result of unjust invasion of Iraq,

3). Operation in Iraq brought the US to its knees financially,

4). All tactics used to stop resistance only appeared to be working because of the killings of thousands of Iraqis,

5). US is still struggling to control Iraqi nationalists 8 years after George W. Bush announced "mission accomplished."

Long and short of the matter is: You cannot box true humans. Remember the British called North Americans resisting British impositions in teh 1770s insurgents and terrorists. But it the same resisitance by North americans that eventually laid the foundation for "We the people ...." Those Iraqis, like 1770s Americans, want to be left alone to manage their own affairs and determine their own destiny.

We are still in Iraq plus Afghanistan plus Pakistan plus Libya, just to name a few. Warlikeness is not going to get 'us" anywhere. I wish we would learn to mind our own business and just leave other people alone.

1) What lies? If you think there were lies then why do you not provide those lies?
2) Thats your opinion
3) Operation Iraq cost less than the failed stimulus and has saved billions with base closings in Saudi and Kuwait to include the billions the UN was milking also. those monies had no stop to them and the exact amount is unknown (that would make to much sense to look at that war with common sense)
4) The Killing of Iraqis was done by other people than the US. I have no idea what that meant
5) 62% of the Iraqi people voted in the last election. They are as agreed upon in November of 2008 taking care of there own business now

Again what lies are you talking about?
First it was because of WMD's. Then it was regime change. then it was to control the oil in the area. They kept changing their story, so some of them were lies.

All of them.

if not
shut up

U.S. removes 'yellowcake' from Iraq - World news - Mideast/N. Africa - Conflict in Iraq - msnbc.com

Israeli warplanes bombed a reactor project at the site in 1981. Later, U.N. inspectors documented and safeguarded the yellowcake, which had been stored in aging drums and containers since before the 1991 Gulf War. There was no evidence of any yellowcake dating from after 1991, the official said.

Do you understand what this means?

Do you understand that claim was made after the fact?
Let me ask you a simple question. Are you really trying to convince yourself that we would just allow that stuff as well Saddam to just sit there all of those years when there was no UN people in that country?
And that at no time Clinton nor GWB would have made in a passing comment "by the way they have about 550 metric tons of yellow cake over there"

There is no document I have seen that states that yellow cake existed prior to 2003
NONE
There is as many web sites stating this stuff was found By US troops after the invasion as many that are stating nothing
It makes no sense, none. Your believing the US does not say a word about this stuff when the UN is kicked out? and we invade there is no "oh by the way Saddam you better not move that Yellow cake"

You call me a liar because my link states other facts than yours does?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080707/pl_afp/usiraqcanadauraniumnuclear_080707154601

Quote, July 7, 2008: "At Iraq's request, the US military this year transferred hundreds of metric tons of yellowcake uranium from Iraq to Canada in a secret, weeks-long operation, a Pentagon spokesman said Monday.

The 550 metric tons of uranium, which was sold to a Canadian company, was moved by truck convoy to Baghdad's "Green Zone," then flown by military aircraft to a third country where it was put on a ship for Canada, said Bryan Whitman, the spokesman.

The yellow cake was discovered by US troops after the 2003 US invasion of Iraq at the Tuwaitha Nuclear Research Facility south of Baghdad, and was placed under the control of the International Atomic Energy Agency."

When you go to Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Before the Gulf War, in 1990, Iraq had stockpiled 550 short tons (500 t) of yellowcake uranium at the Tuwaitha nuclear complex about 20 kilometres (12 mi) south of Baghdad.[97]
It states nothing about who has what and when it was really found

look YOU GOT ISSUES WITH THE Iraq WAR, THATS YOUR BUSINESS
but to resort to name calling and making up cap to fit your agenda is every-ones

simple as I can put it
do you really think the US pulls out of Iraq knowing there is that much of that crap laying around? without taking it with them?
makes no sense

JRK is merely a mess of right-wing progressive neo-con denial.

1) The lies have been proven over and over; that you don't like doesn't mean squat
2) The opinion is better than JRK's any day
3) The operation in Iraq, unfunded in the budget, contributed to the great recession, for no amount of book keeping can deny that fact
4) Iraqis and Americans killed one another in war and in insurgency
5) The Iraqi people taking care of their own business now will ally with Iran to make sure they both take care of their business with us

http://www.un.org/depts/unmovic/new/documents/baghdad_press_briefings/december/UNMOVIC%20IAEA%20press%20statement%2012%20Dec%2002.pdf

UNMOVIC IAEA Press Statement on Inspection Activities in Iraq
12 December 2002

Two IAEA teams visited Ibn Sina, formally known as Tarmiya. This was to conduct a follow-up visit to this former uranium enrichment plant to undertake a full inspection of the production and laboratory facilities, including a car-borne Gamma survey of the site and surrounding areas.

On 10-11 December the IAEA conducted a two-day inspection of the Al Qaim Chemical and Al Qaim Cement facilities located near the Syrian border. Al Qaim was a producer of uranium “yellow cake” prior to 1991. The facility was frequently visited by the IAEA prior to 1998 and its processes at that time were well understood. This inspection covered all buildings on this large complex site and included appropriate sampling of raw materials, ore and concentrates.

Your turn JRK.

So no, you don't understand what it means.

I understand that you keep going into denial that these events took place in a time that by your claims ss well as others sat quietly for 13 years
Your claim also has one to believe that while there where those who made accusations that Saddam was trying to obtain yellow cake, He was not going to touch the yellow cake he already had, what did he do? make a promise?
Who watched over the cake when there was no one from the UN there? when he kicked the inspectors out?
really?
Why would any idiot state that Saddam was trying to obtain yellow cake when there was 550 metric tons of the stuff all ready there?
You think maybe GWB may have mentioned that?

Inspections in Iraq

Inspections in Iraq
Statement of IAEA Director General to IAEA Board of Governors

Vienna, Austria

17 July 1991

The first declaration of Iraq, dated 18 April 1991, stated that Iraq had "no industrial and support facilities related to any form of atomic energy use which have to be declared." In a letter from me the day after, on 19 April, I pointed to the fact that there was highly enriched uranium on the inventory of nuclear material in Iraq under safeguards. This should be declared. I also indicated by way of example of what should be declared under the resolution "facilities for the reprocessing of nuclear fuel or for the separation of plutonium from uranium or installations for the separation of isotopes of uranium, or any research programmes or supporting manufacturing facilities related to such activities." I stated that they should be declared "irrespective of whether they have been damaged or destroyed." A second letter from Iraq, of 27 April, attached a list of safeguarded material and information as to its status and a list of nuclear facilities at Tuwaitha, again with indications of their status. It also listed the yellow cake production unit at Al Qaim.

You say you couldn't find one document about this, did you even look JRK?

Well to start there was much found in Iraq as GWB stated we would (thru the CIA etc...)
WMDs? check
Yellow cake? Check

The left lied so bad about what was really there that when it was found and it became public it was found no-one run with it. CBS I think claims that the UN had the yellow cake under raps prior to the invasion
That would be the same UN that stated there was no WMDs found before the invasion. CBS has become a joke

Saddam Hussein did not possess stockpiles of illicit weapons at the time of the U.S. invasion in March 2003 and had not begun any program to produce them, a CIA report concludes.

Report: No WMD stockpiles in Iraq - CNN

https://www.cia.gov/library/reports/general-reports-1/iraq_wmd_2004/index.html

I will not debate that matter nor will I try and convince any-one there is much proof that numerous WMDs were moved prior to our invasion
but
The Un for good reasons also thought that Saddam had 1000s of WMDs/anthrax and VX nerve agent that were never accounted for, it was not just the CIA
Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chief UN weapons inspector Hans Blix remarked in January 2003 that "Iraq appears not to have come to a genuine acceptance—not even today—of the disarmament, which was demanded of it and which it needs to carry out to win the confidence of the world and to live in peace."[118] Among other things he noted that 1,000 short tons (910 t) of chemical agent were unaccounted for, information on Iraq's VX nerve agent program was missing, and that "no convincing evidence" was presented for the destruction of 8,500 litres (1,900 imp gal; 2,200 US gal) of anthrax that had been declared.[118]

Guarantee safety of U2 surveillance flights over Iraq; Stop harassing UN inspectors; Explain production of more of the nerve agent VX than declared; Account for 1,000 tonnes of chemical agents from Iraq-Iran War; Account for 6,500 missing chemical rockets; Produce evidence that it has destroyed 8,500 litres of anthrax; Declare whereabouts of 650kg of bacterial growth media, enough to produce 5,000 litres of concentrated anthrax; Halt production of Al Samoud 2 and Al Fatah with a range beyond the 150km limit; Reveal whereabouts of 380 rocket engines, smuggled into Iraq last month with chemicals used for missile propellants and control systems; Provide more names of scientists involved in weapons of mass destruction. So far only 400 of an estimated 3,500 people have been named; Provide scientists for private interview; Hand over sensitive documents hidden in private homes and documents detailing purchase or destruction of suspect materials; Search for banned weapons and destroy them under UN supervision.
EXPLORE WORLD NEWS
WORLD AGENDA
IRAQ NEWS
US & AMERICAS NEWS
EUROPE NEWS
MIDDLE EAST NEWS
AFGHANISTAN NEWS
ASIA NEWS
AFRICA NEWS
IRELAND NEWS

Iraq set tougher weapons test by Blix - Times Online

Well I thought you might like to see exactly what the CIA has said about the matter.

So no, you don't understand what it means.

I understand that you keep going into denial that these events took place in a time that by your claims ss well as others sat quietly for 13 years
Your claim also has one to believe that while there where those who made accusations that Saddam was trying to obtain yellow cake, He was not going to touch the yellow cake he already had, what did he do? make a promise?
Who watched over the cake when there was no one from the UN there? when he kicked the inspectors out?
really?
Why would any idiot state that Saddam was trying to obtain yellow cake when there was 550 metric tons of the stuff all ready there?
You think maybe GWB may have mentioned that?

So you can just ignore document after document, post after post that says your wrong?

That's the very definition of willful ignorance JRK.

http://www.un.org/depts/unmovic/new/documents/baghdad_press_briefings/december/UNMOVIC%20IAEA%20press%20statement%2012%20Dec%2002.pdf

12 December 2002

Two IAEA teams visited Ibn Sina, formally known as Tarmiya. This was to conduct a follow-up visit to this former uranium enrichment plant to undertake a full inspection of the production and laboratory facilities, including a car-borne Gamma survey of the site and surrounding areas.

On 10-11 December the IAEA conducted a two-day inspection of the Al Qaim Chemical and Al Qaim Cement facilities located near the Syrian border. Al Qaim was a producer of uranium “yellow cake” prior to 1991. The facility was frequently visited by the IAEA prior to 1998 and its processes at that time were well understood. This inspection covered all buildings on this large complex site and included appropriate sampling of raw materials, ore and concentrates.

Your turn JRK.

My turn to do what bud?
what exactly are you trying to say here?
what raw materials?
ore? is yellow cake a ore?
what does this have to with the UN overseeing the barrels that they were watching?

Dude I am dead serious here
you make a cliam that the UN has it, now your saying that IAEA has it?

12 December 2002

Your turn JRK.

My turn to do what bud?
what exactly are you trying to say here?
what raw materials?
ore? is yellow cake a ore?
what does this have to with the UN overseeing the barrels that they were watching?

Dude I am dead serious here
you make a cliam that the UN has it, now your saying that IAEA has it?

Wow, JRK are you serious?.

Yes, yellow cake comes from Uranium ore.

The IAEA is a UN organization.

That you don't understand the article is very telling.

In all seriousness, why would you start a thread about things you don't understand and why would you argue points about which you know nothing?

Forum List

Back