Why would anyone continue to claim the iraqi war was a failure?

The diff with you and I is this to you is about you
to me its about the truth

Oh well, I tried and it did look like you started to do a little investigation of your own. I really thought you could do it.

Like I've said before, I guess it's not really any concern of mine that you choose ignorance as a way of life.

Good luck with that...but know that I will still counter you're falsehoods if I so choose.

You don't have carte-blanche to lie, sorry.

Then go away
your a lost cause who is fine with living a life that is nothing more than what your told to live. Your dis respect for GWB comes from being told to dis respect him as well as the troops who gave it all in Iraq

Saddam failed to comply with the terms of the cease fire. Numbers of WMDs is entirely beside the point.

On all fronts
It cannot be more simple than that
After 9-11 GWB made it clear to Saddam and to the very people who elected him what was going to happen
That NIC and people like him are trying to make up some events that either never took place or have nothing to do with the facts
Saddam lied
He did live up to the agreements he had made
He was told to do certain things that he did not do
The simple event of the DOD going before congress in 2006 proves that and people like Nic thinks that has nothing to do with the invasion
Thank you

If there had been any confirmation of WMD's, it would have been front page headlines. Get over it, it was an unjustified war.

Bull shit
there was over 500 munitions found that were WMDS and 550 metric tons of yellow cake
you cannot read?
Defense.gov News Article: Munitions Found in Iraq Meet WMD Criteria, Official Says
from the DOD to congress 2006

here is the yellow cake that never was there
nerve gas
etc....

Numerous sources are reporting that secret US documents released by Wikileaks have revealed that George W. Bush was right about Iraq having WMDs prior to invasion by US forces. However, the documents cited by the reports are not directly obtainable from the Wikileaks web site because of denial of service and domain shutdowns in the ongoing cyber war between US intelligence and DOD sources and the Wikileaks hackers and supporters.

Until now, any evidence of WMD and yellow cake Uranium has been explained away as low grade and in small quantities or just not pickled up by the mainstream media. However, Brian Murphy of the Associate Press reported in July of 2008 that the US secretly shipped 550 metric tons (1.2 million pounds) of yellowcake as part of a sale to Canada in an effort to keep it out of the hands of insurgents.

The Yellowcake was explained away as being left over from an Iraqi nuclear reactor that was bombed by the Israelis in 1981 and had been later was documented and inspected by UN inspectors. It was stored in aging drums and containers since before the 1991 Gulf War. However, it was after the fall of Saddam in the second Gulf War and looters started stealing the drums for drinking water that US forces seized the yellow cake and kept it under guard until the shipment.

Advertisement

Questions were asked as to why Iraq never tried to sell the highly valuable yellow cake when it was in bad need of money before the war, but that is where the Wikileaks documents provide the answers as well as more information about chemical weapons that has surfaced. They also are alleged to give credibility that Iraq did seek to buy more yellow cake from Nigeria despite the infamous claims of Joe Wilsons to the contrary.

According to a 2006 Wikileaks released report, U.S. military intelligence discovered chemical weapons labs, captured insurgents who were experts in the creation of toxins, and uncovered nerve agent chemical weapons that had been smuggled into Iraq from Iran. However, this is not the only source that is known of the agents. The Iraqis produced their own and used them during the Iraq Iran War, but they were supposed to have been destroyed as part of the cease fire agreement from the 1991 Gulf War.

These reports would also be in keeping with numerous discoveries of nerve agents and blister agents that Iraq possessed that they claimed did not exist and were reported to have been destroyed under the terms of the cease-fire that ended the 1991 Gulf War. In one case, as many as 14 individual 55-gallon drums of the agents were discovered by U.S. soldiers about 40 miles north of Tikrit. While some claim that 770 gallons of chemical weapons is not much, the fact that nearly 4 tons out of a total of 795 tons of nerve gas that was documented as being produced by Iraq is a major find.

When you consider that a few ounces of nerve gas properly dispersed can kill thousands of people, it does not take long to figure out that these agents were being hidden until the heat was off from the United States so that further development of delivery systems and use by terrorists groups could be made. The same goes for the yellowcake and the nuclear processing capabilities according to the captured experts.

Nerve agents are a stronger form of the same types of chemicals in bug spray. In fact, US forces sometimes train for nerve agent detection by spraying a short blast of Raid insect killer 25 yards upwind of chemical detectors to set the detectors off.

This is not the only discovery of Iraqi chemical weapons that has come to light. Several unnamed sources in the US military have reported that old news reports about a truck from Syria that was stopped inside Saudi Arabia by Saudi forces that contained several chemical artillery rounds did not report all the facts. They allege that the lot numbers on the rounds matched lot numbers of Iraqi rounds recorded in Iraqi records. These sources go on to say that there is credible proof that exists that Iraq sent convoys of trucks loaded with WMDs to Syria before the Second Gulf War and that these rounds were suspected as being part of those shipments.

No matter where one stands on the Wikileaks document dumps, the truth about Iraq's WMDs will never convince some people. Unfortunately, these are the same people still arguing over who is responsible for pulling off 9/11.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Wikileaks confirms other ignored reports about Iraq WMDs - National Conservative | Examiner.com Wikileaks confirms other ignored reports about Iraq WMDs - National Conservative | Examiner.com

Wikileaks confirms other ignored reports about Iraq WMDs - National Conservative | Examiner.com

If only Saddam could have figured out how to re-fuel his Scuds in mid-flight he could have been a real threat to the USA.
Lucky escape US!!

The diff with you and I is this to you is about you
to me its about the truth

Oh well, I tried and it did look like you started to do a little investigation of your own. I really thought you could do it.

Like I've said before, I guess it's not really any concern of mine that you choose ignorance as a way of life.

Good luck with that...but know that I will still counter you're falsehoods if I so choose.

Then go away
your a lost cause who is fine with living a life that is nothing more than what your told to live. Your dis respect for GWB comes from being told to dis respect him as well as the troops who gave it all in Iraq

Just how is opposing the invasion of Iraq disrespectful to the troops?

I think the 100,000 dead Iraqis might not think it was a success...
sofia-notes.blogspot.com/2011/09/10-more-years-of-this.html

To start with 100,000 dead Iraqis? 7 years
thats not good, I would agree

lets see who else has that many people killed over the last 7 years
United States from 2003 thru 2010 115058 murdered
United States Crime Rates 1960 - 2009
16,528*
16,148*
16,740*
17,030*
16,929*
16,442*
15,241*

Now you can spin these things 100 different ways
bottom line is it looks to me its just as violent here as it is in Iraq
neither is good, but why is one the wars fault and the other is not?

16,528*
16,148*
16,740*
17,030*
16,929*
16,442*
15,241*

What were the crime rates in Iraq before the war?

Then go away

thats not what I have said
The dis respect comes from using false information to justify that dis respect. You oppose the war thats your right
But try and convince anyone that your opposing the war and supporting the troops, when the troops volunteer to be there?
They by doing that support the reasons we are there
Straight up, I dont care if you oppose the war, thats your business
but do not try and tell me that there was no WMDs and that there was no yellow cake and that it was a failure when 62% of the Iraqi people voted in the last election
for what ever you oppose it for be honest to those sacrifices made and those desc-ions made based in the information we had then and the information we had now. Stop trying to spin it

16,528*
16,148*
16,740*
17,030*
16,929*
16,442*
15,241*

What were the crime rates in Iraq before the war?

According to The New York Times, "he [Saddam] murdered as many as a million of his people, many with poison gas. He tortured, maimed and imprisoned countless more. His unprovoked invasion of Iran is estimated to have left another million people dead. His seizure of Kuwait threw the Middle East into crisis. More insidious, arguably, was the psychological damage he inflicted on his own land. Hussein created a nation of informants — friends on friends, circles within circles — making an entire population complicit in his rule".[9] Others have estimated 800,000 deaths caused by Saddam not counting the Iran-Iraq war.[10] Estimates as to the number of Iraqis executed by Saddam's regime vary from 300-500,000[11] to over 600,000,[12] estimates as to the number of Kurds he massacred vary from 70,000 to 300,000,[13] and estimates as to the number killed in the put-down of the 1991 rebellion vary from 60,000[14] to 200,000.[12] Estimates for the number of dead in the Iran-Iraq war range upwards from 300,000.[15]

you want to try and defend this?
Human rights in Saddam Hussein's Iraq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then go away

The dis respect comes from using false information to justify that dis respect. You oppose the war thats your right
But try and convince anyone that your opposing the war and supporting the troops, when the troops volunteer to be there?
but do not try and tell me that there was no WMDs and that there was no yellow cake and that it was a failure when 62% of the Iraqi people voted in the last election
for what ever you oppose it for be honest to those sacrifices made and those desc-ions made based in the information we had then and the information we had now. Stop trying to spin it

Were only soldiers that volunteered serving in Iraq?
Could they refuse to go?

It's perfectly possible to support your troops but oppose the reasons for their deployment.

Could they refuse to go?

It's perfectly possible to support your troops but oppose the reasons for their deployment.

Then why is it that many on the left have no respect for me?
that kid has the same feelings about what he is doing in Iraq as I do, or he would not be there
He knew when he joined the marines that he would probably see action in Iraq

If there had been any confirmation of WMD's, it would have been front page headlines. Get over it, it was an unjustified war.

Bull shit
there was over 500 munitions found that were WMDS and 550 metric tons of yellow cake
you cannot read?
Defense.gov News Article: Munitions Found in Iraq Meet WMD Criteria, Official Says
from the DOD to congress 2006

here is the yellow cake that never was there
nerve gas
etc....

Numerous sources are reporting that secret US documents released by Wikileaks have revealed that George W. Bush was right about Iraq having WMDs prior to invasion by US forces. However, the documents cited by the reports are not directly obtainable from the Wikileaks web site because of denial of service and domain shutdowns in the ongoing cyber war between US intelligence and DOD sources and the Wikileaks hackers and supporters.

Until now, any evidence of WMD and yellow cake Uranium has been explained away as low grade and in small quantities or just not pickled up by the mainstream media. However, Brian Murphy of the Associate Press reported in July of 2008 that the US secretly shipped 550 metric tons (1.2 million pounds) of yellowcake as part of a sale to Canada in an effort to keep it out of the hands of insurgents.

The Yellowcake was explained away as being left over from an Iraqi nuclear reactor that was bombed by the Israelis in 1981 and had been later was documented and inspected by UN inspectors. It was stored in aging drums and containers since before the 1991 Gulf War. However, it was after the fall of Saddam in the second Gulf War and looters started stealing the drums for drinking water that US forces seized the yellow cake and kept it under guard until the shipment.

Advertisement

Questions were asked as to why Iraq never tried to sell the highly valuable yellow cake when it was in bad need of money before the war, but that is where the Wikileaks documents provide the answers as well as more information about chemical weapons that has surfaced. They also are alleged to give credibility that Iraq did seek to buy more yellow cake from Nigeria despite the infamous claims of Joe Wilsons to the contrary.

According to a 2006 Wikileaks released report, U.S. military intelligence discovered chemical weapons labs, captured insurgents who were experts in the creation of toxins, and uncovered nerve agent chemical weapons that had been smuggled into Iraq from Iran. However, this is not the only source that is known of the agents. The Iraqis produced their own and used them during the Iraq Iran War, but they were supposed to have been destroyed as part of the cease fire agreement from the 1991 Gulf War.

These reports would also be in keeping with numerous discoveries of nerve agents and blister agents that Iraq possessed that they claimed did not exist and were reported to have been destroyed under the terms of the cease-fire that ended the 1991 Gulf War. In one case, as many as 14 individual 55-gallon drums of the agents were discovered by U.S. soldiers about 40 miles north of Tikrit. While some claim that 770 gallons of chemical weapons is not much, the fact that nearly 4 tons out of a total of 795 tons of nerve gas that was documented as being produced by Iraq is a major find.

When you consider that a few ounces of nerve gas properly dispersed can kill thousands of people, it does not take long to figure out that these agents were being hidden until the heat was off from the United States so that further development of delivery systems and use by terrorists groups could be made. The same goes for the yellowcake and the nuclear processing capabilities according to the captured experts.

Nerve agents are a stronger form of the same types of chemicals in bug spray. In fact, US forces sometimes train for nerve agent detection by spraying a short blast of Raid insect killer 25 yards upwind of chemical detectors to set the detectors off.

This is not the only discovery of Iraqi chemical weapons that has come to light. Several unnamed sources in the US military have reported that old news reports about a truck from Syria that was stopped inside Saudi Arabia by Saudi forces that contained several chemical artillery rounds did not report all the facts. They allege that the lot numbers on the rounds matched lot numbers of Iraqi rounds recorded in Iraqi records. These sources go on to say that there is credible proof that exists that Iraq sent convoys of trucks loaded with WMDs to Syria before the Second Gulf War and that these rounds were suspected as being part of those shipments.

No matter where one stands on the Wikileaks document dumps, the truth about Iraq's WMDs will never convince some people. Unfortunately, these are the same people still arguing over who is responsible for pulling off 9/11.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Wikileaks confirms other ignored reports about Iraq WMDs - National Conservative | Examiner.com Wikileaks confirms other ignored reports about Iraq WMDs - National Conservative | Examiner.com

Wikileaks confirms other ignored reports about Iraq WMDs - National Conservative | Examiner.com

Why would they be secret? If you are using Wikipedia as a source, forget it, they have way too many lies on their files.

Could they refuse to go?

that kid has the same feelings about what he is doing in Iraq as I do, or he would not be there

I've no idea...maybe because you judge someone's argument on whether it comes from the 'left' or the 'right' rather than on its merits?

Are you saying that everyone joins the army for political reasons?

Could they refuse to go?

I've no idea...maybe because you judge someone's argument on whether it comes from the 'left' or the 'right' rather than on its merits?

Those who have opposed the war are the ones who really support the troops.

Could they refuse to go?

If you thought we had no business in Iraq, would you join?
in 2007 prior to us being told that by the way there was 500 metric tons of yellow cake over there and the DODs presentation of the WMDs we had found never made it to the National enquirer, much less the main stream medias programming
knowing you have been told Bush lied, people died
knowing that there is going to be a surge
why would you join?
Right?
Left?
who said anything about right and left?
Why is it when we discuss these matters its about left? right?
this is information

Forum List

Back