Why would anyone continue to claim the iraqi war was a failure?

There is NOTHING illegal... It was a military action (not a war) that was legally signed off on... and no, there was more than WoMD in the justification...

So now we know you're an idiot as well

I'm sure everyone victimised by the US feels better that it was a 'military action' rather than a 'war'.

And some of the justification was that it was in support of the United Nations resolutions.
But...the UN never asked for the invasion (sorry, 'military action'), so how can that be a legal justification?

Idiot.. the UN is not the end-all-be-all world government that negates our sovereignty... that are set up as humanitarian and to settle disputes diplomatically when possible,,, they are not where the buck stops

No...but if you're going to conduct a 'military action' in their name it would be nice to get their endorsement first, especially if you're going out to infringe on someone else's sovereignty.

Uncensored, you are talking exactly as did Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Ho Chi Minh, our militia freaks and so on ~ we don't have to observe the Rule of Law if we are mighty enough to ignore it.

Think so? Soon or later, one of the senior Bushies will be stupid enough to wander into a part of Europe that is not going to give her or him back. Most Americans will not support a war to bring back a war criminal.

And when a Marxist wins the White House and commits the same crimes, you call him Mr. Nobel Prize winner. Yet a "Republican" such as yourself still only objects to the Republican who did it, odd...

If you cannot see the difference between Iraq and Libya you must be a bit thick, or just filled with hatred to the point that you cannot see straight. The world is not condemning the actions in Libya.

sing your logic then we did the right thing invading Iraq. The person who did the first WTC bombing in 93 was an Iraqi citizen
Denial?
There is nothing but information in that thread.
Ethanol failed
Obama gave GM 50 billion of our wealth and the they cannot give the volt away still

What does Iraq suppling 3% of the worlds oil or have to do with denial, in fact i am a firm supporter of nuclear energy as well as the oil shale we have in abundance right here in this country. Obama is the one holding that up.

Understanding a liberal is so hard for us that live in realville. Stop an re read mu thread
its just information, thats all
how many people Saddam killed
Info on WMDs
how much oil that Iraq supplies the world

etc....

You just do not understand, we have to begin getting away from dependence on oil, and nuclear energy is too dangerous.
And, once again, why did Bush attack Iraq instead of Saudi Arabia? Most of the 9/11 terrorists were Saudi. You justify attacking Iraq because of one man.

Your info on WMDs comes from where? You are one of the few people who believe in this.Where were your voices when Saddam was killing these people, Saddam who was put into power by America.
Why are we not after these monsters in Africa.
Iraq is not the only middle eastern country that supplies oil. America's interest in the middle east is because of oil, period.
I stay away from realville because it is inhabited with your kind, and I find that boring.

no your trying to claim the war was not justified because non of the hi jacker's were from Iraq
My info on the WMDs comes from the DOD (department of defense)
the UN
Defense.gov News Article: Munitions Found in Iraq Meet WMD Criteria, Official Says DOD
the UN

What Iraq must do:

Guarantee safety of U2 surveillance flights over Iraq; Stop harassing UN inspectors; Explain production of more of the nerve agent VX than declared; Account for 1,000 tonnes of chemical agents from Iraq-Iran War; Account for 6,500 missing chemical rockets; Produce evidence that it has destroyed 8,500 litres of anthrax; Declare whereabouts of 650kg of bacterial growth media, enough to produce 5,000 litres of concentrated anthrax; Halt production of Al Samoud 2 and Al Fatah with a range beyond the 150km limit; Reveal whereabouts of 380 rocket engines, smuggled into Iraq last month with chemicals used for missile propellants and control systems; Provide more names of scientists involved in weapons of mass destruction. So far only 400 of an estimated 3,500 people have been named; Provide scientists for private interview; Hand over sensitive documents hidden in private homes and documents detailing purchase or destruction of suspect materials; Search for banned weapons and destroy them under UN supervision.

also
Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chief UN weapons inspector Hans Blix remarked in January 2003 that "Iraq appears not to have come to a genuine acceptance—not even today—of the disarmament, which was demanded of it and which it needs to carry out to win the confidence of the world and to live in peace."[115] Among other things he noted that 1,000 short tons (910 t) of chemical agent were unaccounted for, information on Iraq's VX nerve agent program was missing, and that "no convincing evidence" was presented for the destruction of 8,500 litres (1,900 imp gal; 2,200 US gal) of anthrax that had been declared.[115]

Also:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080707/pl_afp/usiraqcanadauraniumnuclear_080707154601

Quote, July 7, 2008: "At Iraq's request, the US military this year transferred hundreds of metric tons of yellowcake uranium from Iraq to Canada in a secret, weeks-long operation, a Pentagon spokesman said Monday.

The 550 metric tons of uranium, which was sold to a Canadian company, was moved by truck convoy to Baghdad's "Green Zone," then flown by military aircraft to a third country where it was put on a ship for Canada, said Bryan Whitman, the spokesman.

The yellow cake was discovered by US troops after the 2003 US invasion of Iraq at the Tuwaitha Nuclear Research Facility south of Baghdad, and was placed under the control of the International Atomic Energy Agency."

There some who claim this yellow cake was found by the UN in 91?
If so the only reason we got it out in 08 was the invasion
Its nuts that GWB was called a liar by so many and that the UM never once publicly mentioned this mountain of yellow cake that at best was watched part time before 03, even if that part is true, and damn if was telling the truth more than the UN was

Once again, Wikipedia is not a valid source.

Why did the Bush administration change their reason for invading from WMDs to regime change, if the WMD's were found? Then they changed the reason agin to stabilizing the region because of oil.

I said nothing about the Iraq war being unjustified because none of the hijackers were from Iraq. You said this about the previous attack on the WTC. You either cannot read or comprehend, or you just babble on.

If they had found WMDs to justify the invasion, it would have been front page headlines worldwide./B]

In a last ditch effort, the marketing department decided to run a Sunday special with taco's and bean burritos at $0.29. The argument was that even if Taco Bell took a loss per piece on the tacos, incremental sales of drinks and other items would make up for the difference and turn the chain around.

Kaz is not a hater, merely a partisan who is arguing with very poor material. If Kaz thinks Obama is a commie marxist, then either Kaz is ignorant or mentally feeble, malignantly motivated, or simply playing out a poor hand. I vote for the last.

Uncensored, you are talking exactly as did Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Ho Chi Minh, our militia freaks and so on ~ we don't have to observe the Rule of Law if we are mighty enough to ignore it.

Think so? Soon or later, one of the senior Bushies will be stupid enough to wander into a part of Europe that is not going to give her or him back. Most Americans will not support a war to bring back a war criminal.

And when a Marxist wins the White House and commits the same crimes, you call him Mr. Nobel Prize winner. Yet a "Republican" such as yourself still only objects to the Republican who did it, odd...

If you cannot see the difference between Iraq and Libya you must be a bit thick, or just filled with hatred to the point that you cannot see straight. The world is not condemning the actions in Libya.

I'm a bit think and full of hatred for not supporting Libya because the world is not condemning the actions in Libya?

:lmao:

I don't give a royal fuck what the International Left thinks of Libya or Iraq. I'd never support or oppose either for that reason. I oppose both because I don't think the middle east is our problem and I don't think government has any business involved in securing oil supplies.

And you're a bit think and full of hatred so I'll point out that I wasn't just referring to Obama bin Laden in Libya, he has the same policies as Bush in Iraq. I was pointing out that when Bush did it he was a criminal, when Hussein did it, he was a Nobel Prize winner. The International left isn't just about left, it's about leftists...

Kaz is not a hater, merely a partisan who is arguing with very poor material. If Kaz thinks Obama is a commie marxist, then either Kaz is ignorant or mentally feeble, malignantly motivated, or simply playing out a poor hand. I vote for the last.

I'm ignorant and you don't know what the word "partisan" means? I'm arguing with Republicans that we don't belong in the middle east and I'm arguing with liberals that they are supporting a party with the same policies as the Republicans they oppose. And that's partisan, not supporting either party.

Maybe you have a point, you're not ignorant, you're just stupid. Do you know the difference between ignorant and stupid? Probably not...

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Iraq war illegal, says Annan

The United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan has told the BBC the US-led invasion of Iraq was an illegal act that contravened the UN charter.

Bush's invasion was against international law and didn't have UN justification.

I understand how much you fascists hate this, but the USA is a sovereign nation.

We are not a vassal state enslaved to our UN Overlords.

Kofi Annan can go fuck himself - so can you.

The authorization to use force had qualifiers, "If Saddam didn't do XXXX, then Congress approves the use of force."

Saddam was in the process of compliance when Bush invaded and according to the UN, the invasion was not authorized.

Saddam's cooperation with inspectors at the time of the invasion means the invasion didn't follow the requirements of Congress either and failed even that legal litmus-test.

Uncensored, you are talking exactly as did Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Ho Chi Minh,

Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Ho Chi Minh based their positions and decisions on the United States Constitution?

ROFL

Jake, you are as stupid as a fucking pile of bricks.

Seriously dude.

our militia freaks and so on ~ we don't have to observe the Rule of Law if we are mighty enough to ignore it.

The "rule of law" is the US Constitution, dumbfuck.

Goddamn but you are a stupid fuck.

Urban legends are fun, but those who believe them are stupid.

I'm ignorant and you don't know what the word "partisan" means? I'm arguing with Republicans that we don't belong in the middle east and I'm arguing with liberals that they are supporting a party with the same policies as the Republicans they oppose. And that's partisan, not supporting either party.

Maybe you have a point, you're not ignorant, you're just stupid. Do you know the difference between ignorant and stupid? Probably not...

Read what I wrote, huh? I concluded that you are "simply playing out a poor hand."

Try to follow the thread of the discussion.
It isn't that hard.

Here's the thing Rev. Jim; the war in Iraq was authorized by congress. That makes it legal.

All the other bullshit you fascists toss out is irrelevant. The United States is not a vassal of the UN, the UN has no authority of law over the USA.

Rev+Jim+crop.jpg

Uncensored is unhappy that I am comparing his nonsense to the nonsense of Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Ho Chi Minh, and other dictators.

He wants to hide behind the Constitution as a shield from international law and reprisal. That is simply stupid.

He finally managed to put Rule of Law with the Constitution, but refuses to understand the bushies acted outside of it, just like the dictators.

Uncensored should not believe urban legends that the bushies are safe from lawful, international reprisal.

In a last ditch effort, the marketing department decided to run a Sunday special with taco's and bean burritos at $0.29. The argument was that even if Taco Bell took a loss per piece on the tacos, incremental sales of drinks and other items would make up for the difference and turn the chain around.

It worked so well that Pepsico was able to sell the entire chain to Yum Foods a mere 4 years later at a huge profit.

"The Taco Bell" paradigm is required study for all economics students. Thanks for bringing it up.

Uncensored is unhappy that I am comparing his nonsense to the nonsense of Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Ho Chi Minh, and other dictators.

Unhappy?

Jake, I love it that you expose yourself as the complete and utter moron that you are.

Keep spewing the idiocy, by all means. Tell us more about Lassez Faire Communists and how Tojo based his actions on the US Constitution. I'm loving it...

He wants to hide behind the Constitution as a shield from international law and reprisal. That is simply stupid.

The US Constitution is the law of the land, stupid.

He finally managed to put Rule of Law with the Constitution, but refuses to understand the bushies acted outside of it, just like the dictators.

Uncensored should not believe urban legends that the bushies are safe from lawful, international reprisal.

You're a moron Jake, which is why you're so entertaining...

The United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan has told the BBC the US-led invasion of Iraq was an illegal act that contravened the UN charter.

The authorization to use force had qualifiers, "If Saddam didn't do XXXX, then Congress approves the use of force."

Saddam was in the process of compliance when Bush invaded and according to the UN, the invasion was not authorized.

Saddam's cooperation with inspectors at the time of the invasion means the invasion didn't follow the requirements of Congress either and failed even that legal litmus-test.

You finally got it
congress sets terms 2002

Blix states Iraq still does not get it as well as lists numerous amounts of WMDs not accounted for with the Iraqi Govt not helping find them, many are listed by the CIA also

we invade 8 weeks later, 2/2003

The DOD presents to congress the proof that Saddam had not met the terms, 2006, when there is over 500 munitions found that fit the criteria of WMDs, 2 years later there is 550 metric tons of yellow cake flown out of Iraq
This was not needed but is additional proof that Saddam had not met the terms set forth by the UN as well as the US congress.

I have been saying this the entire thread and you have called me every name in the book, you finally got it

I am going to make this as simple as I can for those of you who think the UN has some jurisdiction over the US and the 54 other countries that invade Iraq with the US

In 2002 the US congress authorizes the use of force if Sadaam does not adhere to UN terms

In late Jan of 2003 Hans Blix gives a speech that Saddam has not adhered to the UN resolutions

March 2003 we attack

2006 The DOD presets congress with the absolute proof that Saddam had been lying and that the 500+ munitions that had been found that were classified as WMDs had not been destroyed and could have been part of the total of 6500 that 6000 of those are still missing
Icing on the cake came in 2008 when it went public that the US had took control of 550 metric tons of yellow cake after we invade
It is anyones guess who had control of it prior to the, but we do know that Saddam had control of it as late as 2003

Guys thats as legal is it gets and as good a reason to have taken Saddam out as there could have been
he was a liar
a murderer (over 800,000, maybe 1 million murdered)
and he had stock piles of WMDs that he was not suppose to have any, PERIOD

You finally got it
congress sets terms 2002

Blix states Iraq still does not get it as well as lists numerous amounts of WMDs not accounted for with the Iraqi Govt not helping find them, many are listed by the CIA also

we invade 8 weeks later, 2/2003

The DOD presents to congress the proof that Saddam had not met the terms, 2006, when there is over 500 munitions found that fit the criteria of WMDs, 2 years later there is 550 metric tons of yellow cake flown out of Iraq
This was not needed but is additional proof that Saddam had not met the terms set forth by the UN as well as the US congress.

I have been saying this the entire thread and you have called me every name in the book, you finally got it

Your wrong again.

Saddam's cooperation proves the invasion was illegal and without either Congressional or UN justification.

Forum List

Back