Why Would Joe Biden Request the Unmasking of General Flynn?

It’s difficult to overstate the extent to which a scandal around this is baseless. A number of high-ranking Obama admin officials asked to learn the identity of American citizens picked up in intelligence reports, thereby "unmasking" Flynn. This past week, Trump hack, acting DNI Grenell declassified the list of Obama administration officials. All of this has led to a hullabaloo on the right, expressly because Joe Biden was among the officials (which is why the list was released).

But the whole batshyte crazy conspiracy conveniently ignores a lot and completely mischaracterizes the process that it purports to describe. By law, the intelligence community redacts the names of U.S. citizens who appear in intelligence reports. High-ranking officials can then ask for the identity of a particular redacted name. The fact of the request means that the officials who are asking don’t know the identity of the target. Such requests themselves are incredibly common. The NSA releases data on these types of requests, and it shows that there were 9,217 requests from 09/2015 to 08/2016.

Why ask for the unmasking. Because the then unidentified person had made contacts with Russian nationals, one of which was Kislyak.

Why go to all these lengths to save the confessed criminal Michael Flynn?

Simple. Joe Biden's name is on the list. The smear campaign has begun in earnest and of course knuckle dragging dupes from the Trump cult are along for the ride.

Imagine what a dumbass and low life you would have to be to agree to serve in the Obama Administration.

No, Mamooth, you are displaying classic signs of denial. You don't want to understand the realities of this situation because you don't want to. It is beyond your capacity to reason.

The reality is that the Flynn unmasking was a routine operation, one that happens thousands of times a year in any administration.

The reality is that Flynn was communicating with those involved with Russian election interference, and US intelligence officials needed to know who he was so they could understand the context of those communications.

Either you didn't know that, which makes you a rube, or you did know it, which means you're actively running interference for the Russians. Which is it? In either case, it means nobody should pay attention to you.

The reality is that Trump himself declared that Flynn was totally guilty.

---
I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI. He has pled guilty to those lies. It is a shame because his actions during the transition were lawful. There was nothing to hide!
Donald J. Trump Dec. 2, 2017
---

According to your conspiracy theory, Trump was apparently one of the ones conspiring against Trump.

That illustrates the big benefit of being a Trump cultist -- they're all blessedly free of the curse of long-term memory. To a Trump cultist, reality is whatever they imagine it to be at any given moment.

The reality, despite this sea of words, is this:

Who leaked his name to the Washington Post? (See 18 U.S.C. 798 (a)(1)) Who blackmailed him into pleading guilty to those trumped-up charges, lest they go after his son?

What would you have done? Would you A) offer your son up as a sacrifice to save your own hide or B) or would you plead guilty to spare your son the wrath of a corrupt government?

Who altered the 302 forms? Why was Joe Biden seeking his to unmask his identity? These are questions you don't want to consider.

You are too politically biased to see the injustice being perpetrated. You just want the man punished because he worked for Trump. That's it. That's all.

He was blackmailed? Really?

Charges were Trumped up and he did not lie? There is no question he lied and no question that lying to the FBI is a crime.

His son, involved in his business, did not participate in talks concerning a payment scheme to kidnap and deliver a Turkish cleric residing in the US to Turkey?

Were the forms altered? Or are you looking at drafts and making that claim?

Did Biden seek to unmask Flynn (a ridiculous term since Flynn was not undercover).? Or was Biden one of a long list of people authorized to receive the information?

Now let's check the political bias.
If this coup attempt is not severely punished then expect more in the future. We have to break up this cabal of deep staters and punish them publicly. Not only the actual political and civil service actors who perpetuated the coup attempt but their media handlers as well.
Heads gotta roll or we may as well validate this as acceptible.

However, that means Trump could now fo all this. It's OK. The left has said so.

That is why Barr needs to be investigated when Democrats take the White House.

Investigated for what?

Haven't you libtards learned yet that you can just decide to investigate someone because you hate them?

....and how many investigations did you launch against Hilary?.......conservatards.

but but but ... hillary....

my point here is, are you wanting actual justice, or revenge justice?

there's a huge difference. you seem to want revenge justice.

What we are seeing now is revenge justice unfortunately.

With you going after Trump, agreed.

When you but but but Hillary was investigated, it's also saying what is being done to Trump is revenge for the Hillary investigations.

Saying "you are full of shit" is not revenge, it's enough 8s enough.

You know, you keep saying I'm the one that is emotional, but you are the one who keeps bringing emotion into this. You are so focused on it, you keep making it personal.

Trump is going on a round of vendettas - of revenge investigations and firings. I think that would be pretty clear to an IMPARTIAL person observing this given that there is little to no reason (other than he has the right to). What should you, but clearly doesn't is using the government apparatus to chase down conspiracy theories. That's your tax dollars at work here.

Good day :)

good. maybe then you'll see what i mean when you keep harping on one thing. i had no other way to show you than keep harping on the same thing over and over and over and over and over again.

if you wish to call that extreme behavior, sure. i agree. just done to prove a point.

now, what is it when you harp on trump over and over and over and over and over again even when he's not the topic of conversation?

the problem is you see vendetta, others see payback. we go back to hillary, that was payback for xyz... we keep going back but also keep pretending this "payback" concept is new and simply began with trump.

sorry, that mindset began LONG AGO (this revenge politics) and in each instance there's usually a "hold my beer" escalation UP UNTIL we push things so far you get trump as your president. so trump is merely the outcome of our own dysfunction and inability to simply talk to each other w/o looking for an angle to attack under.

the problem is you see vendetta, others see payback. we go back to hillary, that was payback for xyz... we keep going back but also keep pretending this "payback" concept is new and simply began with trump.

But it did just begin with Trump. That's the point. Nobody on our side ever said or thought "We have to get that Trump as revenge for Clinton!". Only your side acts like that, and you like it that way. That's why you're making up "But everyone does it!" conspiracy theories. You're trying to normalize your very abnormal vendetta-based way of thinking and acting.

Everyone doesn't do it. Only your side does it. Don't project the way you act on to normal people. We are not like you. Just because you're entirely focused on getting revenge over imaginary slights doesn't mean that anyone else thinks like you.

No, Mamooth, you are displaying classic signs of denial. You don't want to understand the realities of this situation because you don't want to. It is beyond your capacity to reason.

The reality is that the Flynn unmasking was a routine operation, one that happens thousands of times a year in any administration.

The reality is that Flynn was communicating with those involved with Russian election interference, and US intelligence officials needed to know who he was so they could understand the context of those communications.

Either you didn't know that, which makes you a rube, or you did know it, which means you're actively running interference for the Russians. Which is it? In either case, it means nobody should pay attention to you.

---
I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI. He has pled guilty to those lies. It is a shame because his actions during the transition were lawful. There was nothing to hide!
---

According to your conspiracy theory, Trump was apparently one of the ones conspiring against Trump.

That illustrates the big benefit of being a Trump cultist -- they're all blessedly free of the curse of long-term memory. To a Trump cultist, reality is whatever they imagine it to be at any given moment.

Who leaked his name to the Washington Post? (See 18 U.S.C. 798 (a)(1)) Who blackmailed him into pleading guilty to those trumped-up charges, lest they go after his son?

What would you have done? Would you A) offer your son up as a sacrifice to save your own hide or B) or would you plead guilty to spare your son the wrath of a corrupt government?

Who altered the 302 forms? Why was Joe Biden seeking his to unmask his identity? These are questions you don't want to consider.

You are too politically biased to see the injustice being perpetrated. You just want the man punished because he worked for Trump. That's it. That's all.

Charges were Trumped up and he did not lie? There is no question he lied and no question that lying to the FBI is a crime.

His son, involved in his business, did not participate in talks concerning a payment scheme to kidnap and deliver a Turkish cleric residing in the US to Turkey?

Did Biden seek to unmask Flynn (a ridiculous term since Flynn was not undercover).? Or was Biden one of a long list of people authorized to receive the information?

If this coup attempt is not severely punished then expect more in the future. We have to break up this cabal of deep staters and punish them publicly. Not only the actual political and civil service actors who perpetuated the coup attempt but their media handlers as well.

Investigated for what?

Haven't you libtards learned yet that you can just decide to investigate someone because you hate them?

....and how many investigations did you launch against Hilary?.......conservatards.

When you but but but Hillary was investigated, it's also saying what is being done to Trump is revenge for the Hillary investigations.

You know, you keep saying I'm the one that is emotional, but you are the one who keeps bringing emotion into this. You are so focused on it, you keep making it personal.

Trump is going on a round of vendettas - of revenge investigations and firings. I think that would be pretty clear to an IMPARTIAL person observing this given that there is little to no reason (other than he has the right to). What should you, but clearly doesn't is using the government apparatus to chase down conspiracy theories. That's your tax dollars at work here.

good. maybe then you'll see what i mean when you keep harping on one thing. i had no other way to show you than keep harping on the same thing over and over and over and over and over again.

if you wish to call that extreme behavior, sure. i agree. just done to prove a point.

now, what is it when you harp on trump over and over and over and over and over again even when he's not the topic of conversation?

sorry, that mindset began LONG AGO (this revenge politics) and in each instance there's usually a "hold my beer" escalation UP UNTIL we push things so far you get trump as your president. so trump is merely the outcome of our own dysfunction and inability to simply talk to each other w/o looking for an angle to attack under.

I don't harp on Trump all the time. I discuss politics. Over and over I post sources to what I say and try to back up. If I want to discuss Trump, it's my prerogative.

What's the difference between payback and vendetta?

Not much.

Unfortunately with Trump & Co, the vendetta's cover a wide range of non-political people who has soon as they speak are slandered, their characters destroyed and even stuff made up about them.

With Trump we've reached an unbelievable low where conspiracy theories are propagated from the very top and we don't even agree on essential facts that used to hold us together despite political differences. For example, Russia's attempts to interfere in our elections and hack us, should not have been so divisive. It was strongly supported by multiple intelligence agencies and even other countries. Instead we have a president trying to claim Ukraine was behind it, and direct taxpayer dollars and intelligence assets to try and "prove it".

Idiocracy.

Biden made this request one week before leaving office. What reason did he have for doing this?

Because he and everyone else on the list were doing their jobs. He planned to pass off the info learned to the next admin, assuming incorrectly that they wouldn't be the pack of treasonous shitbags that the Trump admin turned out to be.

You seem to be proud of the fact that the Trump admin gave a free pass to Russian meddling. I mean, look how much you hate our intelligence agencies for investigating it. You seem to be much more loyal to Russia than to the USA.

Let’s see the documents.

We have. They exonerate Biden.

The real story here is that every Trump cultist is deliberately engaging in fraud. While they'll burn in Hell for eternity for that, unless they repent of their evil, it would be nice if they faced some earthly consequences for their evil actions. That's why we keep pointing out how disloyal to the USA they are.

---
---

Investigated for what?

I don't harp on Trump all the time. I discuss politics. Over and over I post sources to what I say and try to back up. If I want to discuss Trump, it's my prerogative.

What's the difference between payback and vendetta?

Not much.

Unfortunately with Trump & Co, the vendetta's cover a wide range of non-political people who has soon as they speak are slandered, their characters destroyed and even stuff made up about them.

With Trump we've reached an unbelievable low where conspiracy theories are propagated from the very top and we don't even agree on essential facts that used to hold us together despite political differences. For example, Russia's attempts to interfere in our elections and hack us, should not have been so divisive. It was strongly supported by multiple intelligence agencies and even other countries. Instead we have a president trying to claim Ukraine was behind it, and direct taxpayer dollars and intelligence assets to try and "prove it".

Idiocracy.

except over the last week or so i've seen this to not be the case. again we agreed to NOT do the BUT other guy, yet you did.

every time it was BUT TRUMP and every time you did it in my conversation, the topic was NOT trump.

then there's "Throw Pelosi in jail" someone posts and you follow up TRUMP TOO!

russia didn't hack our elections. we've found out now from crowdstrike they also had no evidence russia even hacked the DNC servers.

yet that mantra keeps going out of convenience to those who still need to believe it.

you're 100% correct we can't agree on right or wrong. from my POV it's because anything i've discussed so far came back to how much you hate trump.

if you don't wish to be seen in a certain manner, easiest way to make that happen (or not i suppose) is to stop behaving in the manner you don't wish to be seen as. i, and many others, have said you can dive into some TDS. you've denied it very time.

so i, and others, must just be wrong so you can be right. odds don't even favor you in that one but hey - you must be right.

Biden made this request one week before leaving office. What reason did he have for doing this?

Because he and everyone else on the list were doing their jobs. He planned to pass off the info learned to the next admin, assuming incorrectly that they wouldn't be the pack of treasonous shitbags that the Trump admin turned out to be.

You seem to be proud of the fact that the Trump admin gave a free pass to Russian meddling. I mean, look how much you hate our intelligence agencies for investigating it. You seem to be much more loyal to Russia than to the USA.

Let’s see the documents.

We have. They exonerate Biden.

The real story here is that every Trump cultist is deliberately engaging in fraud. While they'll burn in Hell for eternity for that, unless they repent of their evil, it would be nice if they faced some earthly consequences for their evil actions. That's why we keep pointing out how disloyal to the USA they are.
Nope. Let’s see the docs he submitted giving his reason for wanting him unmasked.

1589487068503.png

If I were a Senator or Congressman, the first person I would call to testify about the biggest political crime and scandal in the history of the USA, by FAR, is former President Obama. He knew EVERYTHING. Do it @LindseyGrahamSC, just do it. No more Mr. Nice Guy. No more talk!

Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)
May 14, 2020

The only way that would be more telling
Is if FBI agents were seen yanking him out of his chair & slapping him in cuffs Tom Elliott on Twitter

Jim Hanson (@JimHansonDC)
May 14, 2020

Liberals are so scared. I love it.

This is all because Flynn was going to overturn many of Obama’s stupid policies and blow the whistle on Obama illegally spying on Trump.

Creepy Joe is in some deep do-do now.
last election we almost had hillary not have security clearance (should have been revoked) to be president.

this year the left is putting up someone who at this point is facing 10 years behind bars.

yet the left continues to scream the right is the problem.
Biden isn’t facing 10 years behind bars.

The fact is that Flynn’s conversations with Kislyak made him a legitimate target for unmasking and is consistent with law and protocol.

It was not illegal and you’ll have a hard time identifying anyone knowledgeable about the subject say it was.

Creepy Joe has been caught lying and being part of the coup attempt against President Trump.

He has a lot of other baggage but this bullshit will insure that Trump will win by a landslide.

I suspect that after Trump is re-elected there will be some serious payback to all those assholes in the filthy Obama administration that that been screwing around with our Republic.

I hope Trump runs on that. Trump will lose in a landslide.

You are confused. The American people want to see the butt pirates that attempted the coup against the duly elected President be punished for their treason. Payback will get Trump a lot of votes.

The flipping of a traditional Democrat Congressional seat in Moon Bat California is a great indication of the coming landslide by Trump.

Biden is in deep do-do. As bad of a candidate as that filthy bitch Crooked Hillary bitch was this corrupt asshole demented clown Biden is worse. He is a joke.

No American who is in full control of their faculties Believes there is a coup. If I were a Democrat, I would highlight the Trump crazies and their rhetoric about treason and coups to show how crazy Trump is.

This was not a traditionally Democrat seat. It is a tossup seat with a election held in the middle of a pandemic. What happens in November when everybody will be able to vote by mail. Higher turnout and even Trump admits higher turnout helps Democrats.

Do you think any Democrats are going to hold their nose and vote for Biden after he gets destroyed in the debates because he will call Trump "Barack" and swear he fought in Vietnam after watching a documentary on the war?

Destroyed by the orange orangutan, shitolini, who's never been heard to make any sense at all, the one that supports IV detergents? the traitor, the liar, the criminal??? and remember he hates trashy poorly educated, poor people like his cult members, like you....

1589494743398.png
1589494760518.png
1589494792714.png

Attachments

• 1589494707589.png
    1589494707589.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 8
last election we almost had hillary not have security clearance (should have been revoked) to be president.

this year the left is putting up someone who at this point is facing 10 years behind bars.

The fact is that Flynn’s conversations with Kislyak made him a legitimate target for unmasking and is consistent with law and protocol.

It was not illegal and you’ll have a hard time identifying anyone knowledgeable about the subject say it was.

Creepy Joe has been caught lying and being part of the coup attempt against President Trump.

He has a lot of other baggage but this bullshit will insure that Trump will win by a landslide.

I suspect that after Trump is re-elected there will be some serious payback to all those assholes in the filthy Obama administration that that been screwing around with our Republic.

You are confused. The American people want to see the butt pirates that attempted the coup against the duly elected President be punished for their treason. Payback will get Trump a lot of votes.

The flipping of a traditional Democrat Congressional seat in Moon Bat California is a great indication of the coming landslide by Trump.

Biden is in deep do-do. As bad of a candidate as that filthy bitch Crooked Hillary bitch was this corrupt asshole demented clown Biden is worse. He is a joke.

No American who is in full control of their faculties Believes there is a coup. If I were a Democrat, I would highlight the Trump crazies and their rhetoric about treason and coups to show how crazy Trump is.

This was not a traditionally Democrat seat. It is a tossup seat with a election held in the middle of a pandemic. What happens in November when everybody will be able to vote by mail. Higher turnout and even Trump admits higher turnout helps Democrats.

Do you think any Democrats are going to hold their nose and vote for Biden after he gets destroyed in the debates because he will call Trump "Barack" and swear he fought in Vietnam after watching a documentary on the war?

Debates will not be a big factor in the debates. Trump will demonstrate he is a liar.
Debates will not be a big factor in the debates? WTF does than mean? Is reading above your IQ level?

Debates will not be a big factor in the elections. They were not in 2016. In 2016, voters reconciled their hatred for both candidates. Clinton's negatives were in the low 60s while Trump was in the low 60s. That manifested itself in 2 ways. 25% of voters were voting against the other candidate. They chose the devil they don't know in Trump. The second group stayed at home or voted for someone else. Romney's losing numbers in Nevada and Colorado were larger than Clinton's winning numbers. In Minnesota, Clinton won narrowly vs a 5 point win in 2012. The reason was that the voters who voted for Obama either stayed home or voted for someone else. Trump got 1,000 or so more votes than Romney did in 2012.

Who won, dumbass?

Debates will not be a big factor in the debates. Trump will demonstrate he is a liar.

That clown Biden was caught lying red handed earlier this week. He is corrupt, dishonest and stupid all at the same time.

Trump will tear him a new asshole.

Trump won the Presidency in his last debate with Crooked Hillary. He made her look like a fool and an idiot. Trump will make Biden look even worse in any debate.

Biden didn't do very well in the debates in the Moon Bat Primary against much weaker foes than Trump.

If he wasn't such a piece of shit you could almost feel sorry for the sonofabitch. He ain't very bright and he has more baggage than Delta Airlines.

The best the Party of Moon Bats have nowadays. Pathetic, isn't it? They couldn't have picked a worst candidate. You would have though after picking that dipshit Crooked Hillary in 2016 they would have learned, but they didn't, did they?

That is untrue. Trump won because he was the devil you don't know. The debates did nothing. Worth noting that even though Biden's debate performances were uneven, voters still supported him. This was why Democrats had a strong turnout in their primaries.
Debates in the primaries didn't matter and wo0n't in the general.

Republicans are offering the worst candidate they could. People are tired of the Trump act.

Trump is the dumbest President we have ever had.
You seem to have taken the title as dumbest poster on USMB and THAT is no small accomplishment considering the competition form the leftist said of the aisle.

Liberals are so scared. I love it.

This is all because Flynn was going to overturn many of Obama’s stupid policies and blow the whistle on Obama illegally spying on Trump.

Sure, flynn is a confessed criminal traitor, but it is Barack's fault, deplorables are so dumb...

1589502854097.png
1589502881426.png
1589502971392.png
1589503097537.png
1589503277214.png
1589503383144.png

Forum List

Back