Will Blacks Abandon the Democrat Party?

The biggest problem that the GOP has with women and minorities is that they don't talk TO women and minorities, they talk AT women and minorities. Big difference. Their way doesn't work.

Systemic racism within the Republican Party is minimal, but tolerated in an unsettling way as well.

Blacks voted overwhelmingly for Obama both times. In return they have suffered more during this economy than whites. Most blacks are socially conservative and are horrified at the gay marriage business. Recall that black churches were instrumental in defeating the ballot measure in CA.

So having been screwed financially, having been promised a bunch of stuff that still hasnt been delivered on, having their values crapped all over, will blacks get the idea that Democrats are the party to exploit them and at least stay home on election day?

Can't help but notice you don't offer any links supporting your assertions.

Will African Americans be attracted to a party of angry White men? A party that promises to set them adrift without largess for food, shelter and clothing? A party that fights tooth and nail to repress wages for working families?

Figure it out.
you mean the party that want them to get off their lazy asses and make something of themselves.
See what's happening here? We have a Republican that's calling all blacks lazy, berating us and demeaning us.

That same tone is evident in the national Republicans we see every day on the media.

We don't like that, and thus do not like Republicans.

MarcATL

The next logical step for the Republicans, now that they have said this stupid stuff about black people, is then to go one step further (as they often have) and insinuate or downright say that black folks are just plain old too stupid to realize that they are enslaved by the "Dimocraps" and are therefore deserving of scorn, but if only they would swich parties, you know, to the one that has been calling them lazy and "thugs" and "where's ma free shit" and stuff like that, all will be well.

(The things above are not my words, just to remind. I don't feel this way at all about our fellow black citizens.)

Republican intelligence - it is a thing to behold. Much as I behold a turd in a toilet.

Republican voter outreach is about the weirdest thing I have ever seen in my life:

"We hate you. You suck. Vote for us."

The next logical step for the Republicans, now that they have said this stupid stuff about black people

Democrats get a free pass when it comes to racist remarks.

“I mean you’ve got the first sort of mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and nice-looking guy.” – Joe Biden,

a ‘light-skinned’ African American with ‘no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one.’” - Harry Reid

"I'll have those n*ggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years." - Lyndon Johnson

"White folks was in caves while we was building empires... We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it." - Al Sharpton

"I think one man is just as good as another so long as he's not a n*gger or a Chinaman. - Harry Truman

"You fucking Jew Bastard." Hillary Clinton

“Civil rights laws were not passed to protect the rights of white men and do not apply to them.” — Mary Frances Berry, Chairwoman, US Commission on Civil Rights

“There are white n*ggers. I’ve seen a lot of white n*ggers in my time.” — US Senator Robert Byrd

The Medicaid system must have been developed by a white male slave owner. It pays for you to be pregnant and have a baby, but it won’t pay for much family planning.” — Jocelyn Elders

“We have lost to the white racist press and to the racist reactionary Jewish misleaders.” — Former Rep. Gus Savage (D-Illinois) after his defeat 1992

The Hillary Clinton quote is a lie, based on a rumor. I bet that a number of those other quotes are also so. Is this all the Right has to dish up? You poor people.

I believe you are Mistaken [again]

......one particularly shocking passage in the book, Oppenheimer quotes a campaign official who describes an angry attack by Hillary in which she screams at him, "You fucking Jew bastard!"
Two sourced eyewitnesses confirmed to Oppenheimer that they heard the verbal assault.
[Sources tell DRUDGE that Dick Morris is not the campaign official.]

"One anti-Semitic slur slung in anger hardly defines a person, and Hillary has always had a tendency when angry to go for the gut," Oppenheimer writes. But, unfortunately, according to UNION, that was neither the first nor the last time Hillary had used such a slur. And there is a darker side to the story.

...........According to the book, Hillary's mother, Dorothy Rodham, held a life-long grudge against Rosenberg, and made Jewish slurs, according to an on the record family member quoted by Oppenheimer. HIllary Jewish Slurs Claimed In New Book

Start by cutting out the racist rhetoric and tactics.

Such as?
Voter suppression tactics in well-known black precincts.

It's obvious dude.

Stop it.

#SMHGOP

Voter suppression in black precincts?

Yeah, we know........

Screen-Shot-2012-07-30-at-4.15.57-PM.png

Ahh, the GOP's favorite boogeyman. On picture of two black panthers simply standing in front of a precinct, and this is supposed to mean something? Really?

If they were holding AR-15's, the GOP would say that they are "Simply exercising their rights."
Disagree. The reason why open carry laws were attacked in CA was because the Black Panthers begin to carry weapons in defense of their communities which scared the crap out of Republicans.

Will racist whites abandon the Republican Party?
We would be happy if they did, because that's not in the GOP platform. If any are in the party they should go back to the Democrats where they came from.

OK - well, if you really mean that .... start kicking 'em out.
Robert Byrd
Eric Holder
Barack Obama
LBJ
Louis Farrakhan
Rev. Wright
Al Sharpton
Jessie Jackson
Harry Reid
Joe Biden
Bill & Hillary Clinton
Al Gore
Sheila Jackson
John Conyers

I know I'm leaving out a lot of them. Start cleaning out your racists and let us worry about ours'.

The very fact that you would call out sitting President a racist says a lot of things about your line of thinking.

This is sad.
Conservatives obsess on the GOP someday somehow getting the black vote, but the next minute they're claiming that it's the left that obsesses on identity politics.
Seems to me Democrats are obsessed with the subject and we're simply reacting. Project much?

Yeah because the OP is such a staunch Democrat ???????

The original post asked a question which you Racist liberals repeatedly answered. You all assume that blacks have no intention of leaving the Democratic Party because Republicans are racists. You figure this issue alone dictates their loyalty. Perhaps you're right, but it still doesn't give you free reign to make a bunch of shit up.

Placing them in chains.

Phffffft.

:boohoo::boohoo:

Actually, I see the issue quite differently. I bet that more than 10% of our fellow black citizens are Conservative, but absent a 2nd major party out of the Democratic Party that is not openly hostile to them, they stick with the Democratic Party.

A major part of your problem, insofar as I can see, is that you really, truly believe that the Democratic Party somehow "enslaves" our fellow black citizens. Alone, I find this line of reasoning to be totally sick, not to mention lacking in any basis in reality. The main reason that Righties list to support this claim is that our fellow citzens somehow only want "free stuff", which is just more code words for calling our fellow black citizens lazy, etc. And the fact that Righties don't even see the OVERT racism in such claims is just, well, sad.

Really sad.

Your party has no chance of surviving the 21st Century if it keeps following this line of reasoning.

It's time for a reality check.

I am not talking about you as a person, Mudwhistle. I am talking about this line of thought.

Conservatives obsess on the GOP someday somehow getting the black vote, but the next minute they're claiming that it's the left that obsesses on identity politics.
Seems to me Democrats are obsessed with the subject and we're simply reacting. Project much?

The original post asked a question which you Racist liberals repeatedly answered. You all assume that blacks have no intention of leaving the Democratic Party because Republicans are racists. You figure this issue alone dictates their loyalty. Perhaps you're right, but it still doesn't give you free reign to make a bunch of shit up.

Placing them in chains.

Phffffft.

Actually, I see the issue quite differently. I bet that more than 10% of our fellow black citizens are Conservative, but absent a 2nd major party out of the Democratic Party that is not openly hostile to them, they stick with the Democratic Party.

A major part of your problem, insofar as I can see, is that you really, truly believe that the Democratic Party somehow "enslaves" our fellow black citizens. Alone, I find this line of reasoning to be totally sick, not to mention lacking in any basis in reality. The main reason that Righties list to support this claim is that our fellow citzens somehow only want "free stuff", which is just more code words for calling our fellow black citizens lazy, etc. And the fact that Righties don't even see the OVERT racism in such claims is just, well, sad.

Really sad.

Your party has no chance of surviving the 21st Century if it keeps following this line of reasoning.

I am not talking about you as a person, Mudwhistle. I am talking about this line of thought.

Placing them in chains.

Phffffft.

Really sad.

That's where you're wrong. The GOP is said by Democrats to be openly hostile to them but in truth is not. We just don't believe in granting them special treatment in our campaigns, or in effect patronizing them to buy their votes. To us this is A-moral and dishonest. Democrats propose sweet sounding programs designed to buy their support knowing it is ridiculous and costly. This in turn causes turmoil which Democrats eat up like candy.

you mean the party that want them to get off their lazy asses and make something of themselves.
See what's happening here? We have a Republican that's calling all blacks lazy, berating us and demeaning us.

That same tone is evident in the national Republicans we see every day on the media.

MarcATL

The next logical step for the Republicans, now that they have said this stupid stuff about black people, is then to go one step further (as they often have) and insinuate or downright say that black folks are just plain old too stupid to realize that they are enslaved by the "Dimocraps" and are therefore deserving of scorn, but if only they would swich parties, you know, to the one that has been calling them lazy and "thugs" and "where's ma free shit" and stuff like that, all will be well.

(The things above are not my words, just to remind. I don't feel this way at all about our fellow black citizens.)

Republican intelligence - it is a thing to behold. Much as I behold a turd in a toilet.

Republican voter outreach is about the weirdest thing I have ever seen in my life:

The next logical step for the Republicans, now that they have said this stupid stuff about black people

“I mean you’ve got the first sort of mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and nice-looking guy.” – Joe Biden,

a ‘light-skinned’ African American with ‘no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one.’” - Harry Reid

"I'll have those n*ggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years." - Lyndon Johnson

"White folks was in caves while we was building empires... We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it." - Al Sharpton

"I think one man is just as good as another so long as he's not a n*gger or a Chinaman. - Harry Truman

“Civil rights laws were not passed to protect the rights of white men and do not apply to them.” — Mary Frances Berry, Chairwoman, US Commission on Civil Rights

“There are white n*ggers. I’ve seen a lot of white n*ggers in my time.” — US Senator Robert Byrd

The Medicaid system must have been developed by a white male slave owner. It pays for you to be pregnant and have a baby, but it won’t pay for much family planning.” — Jocelyn Elders

“We have lost to the white racist press and to the racist reactionary Jewish misleaders.” — Former Rep. Gus Savage (D-Illinois) after his defeat 1992

The Hillary Clinton quote is a lie, based on a rumor. I bet that a number of those other quotes are also so. Is this all the Right has to dish up? You poor people.

......one particularly shocking passage in the book, Oppenheimer quotes a campaign official who describes an angry attack by Hillary in which she screams at him, "You fucking Jew bastard!"
Two sourced eyewitnesses confirmed to Oppenheimer that they heard the verbal assault.

"One anti-Semitic slur slung in anger hardly defines a person, and Hillary has always had a tendency when angry to go for the gut," Oppenheimer writes. But, unfortunately, according to UNION, that was neither the first nor the last time Hillary had used such a slur. And there is a darker side to the story.

...........According to the book, Hillary's mother, Dorothy Rodham, held a life-long grudge against Rosenberg, and made Jewish slurs, according to an on the record family member quoted by Oppenheimer. HIllary Jewish Slurs Claimed In New Book

And the names of those witnesses?

Oh, please, you live in a fantasy world.

MarcATL

Wasn't gonna vote/support her anyway. :)

MarcATL

Stat, you really love calling people liars.

Get off your lazy ass and Google it or stfu.

Will racist whites abandon the Republican Party?
We would be happy if they did, because that's not in the GOP platform. If any are in the party they should go back to the Democrats where they came from.

Robert Byrd
Eric Holder
Barack Obama
LBJ
Louis Farrakhan
Rev. Wright
Al Sharpton
Jessie Jackson
Harry Reid
Joe Biden
Bill & Hillary Clinton
Al Gore
Sheila Jackson
John Conyers

I know I'm leaving out a lot of them. Start cleaning out your racists and let us worry about ours'.

The very fact that you would call out sitting President a racist says a lot of things about your line of thinking.

This is sad.

Placing them in chains.

Phffffft.

Really sad.

Placing them in chains.

Phffffft.

Really sad.

Placing them in chains.

Phffffft.

Really sad.

That's where you're wrong. The GOP is said by Democrats to be openly hostile to them but in truth is not. We just don't believe in granting them special treatment in our campaigns, or in effect patronizing them to buy their votes. To us this is A-moral and dishonest. Democrats propose sweet sounding programs designed to buy their support knowing it is ridiculous and costly. This in turn causes turmoil which Democrats eat up like candy.

Yes, we already understood your fantasy - but thanks for repeating it to make sure we all got it.

The truth is the GOP preaches AT women and minorities - That's why they will continue to lose the women & minority votes. Even Neo-Confederate Rand Paul understands this and has tried to engage minorities more than most in the GOP. But his baggage is just way too heavy to clear that hurdle and I don't see any other Republicans stepping up either.

Your best bet is to beg women and minorities to stay home as the O.P. did.

The biggest problem that the GOP has with women and minorities is that they don't talk TO women and minorities, they talk AT women and minorities. Big difference. Their way doesn't work.

Systemic racism within the Republican Party is minimal, but tolerated in an unsettling way as well.
No, the biggest problem is liberals own the media. The Republicans aren't able to fight their way through the constant negative propaganda.

Robert Byrd
Eric Holder
Barack Obama
LBJ
Louis Farrakhan
Rev. Wright
Al Sharpton
Jessie Jackson
Harry Reid
Joe Biden
Bill & Hillary Clinton
Al Gore
Sheila Jackson
John Conyers

This is sad.

Placing them in chains.

Phffffft.

Really sad.

Placing them in chains.

Phffffft.

Really sad.

Placing them in chains.

Phffffft.

Really sad.

Yes, we already understood your fantasy - but thanks for repeating it to make sure we all got it.

The truth is the GOP preaches AT women and minorities - That's why they will continue to lose the women & minority votes. Even Neo-Confederate Rand Paul understands this and has tried to engage minorities more than most in the GOP. But his baggage is just way to heavy to clear that hurdle and I don't see any other Republicans stepping up either.

Your best bet is to beg women and minorities to stay home as the O.P. did.

No, you're repeating lies produced by Democrats and their media cohorts.

Most of the time blacks hear only one side of the story. If they hear both sides some decide not to follow Democrats and others really don't care. Democrats in Washington know what buttons to push with every demographic. Women, it's issues concerning children and reproductive rights. Blacks and other minorities, its race. Anyone inside these groups who dares to think for themselves becomes a target. Uncle Toms, evil book-burning *****.

Start by cutting out the racist rhetoric and tactics.

Such as?
Voter suppression tactics in well-known black precincts.

It's obvious dude.

Stop it.

#SMHGOP

Voter suppression in black precincts?

Yeah, we know........

Screen-Shot-2012-07-30-at-4.15.57-PM.png
This photo has been shown countless times and it proves nothing.

This video has much to offer

A picture is worth a thousand words.

It proves without a doubt voter intimidation, and if it weren't for the president and attorney general dismissing the case it would have resulted in imprisonment for both of the perps pictured. The left makes false claims about this sort of thing every election, and here we have a prime example of it only Obama supporters are guilty of it, and you dare say this proves nothing.

You're a liar buddy. Clearly and utterly dishonest.

You're dishonest, suggesting a crime was committed based on this photograph. What crime, what penal code violation do you see, and would you see a crime if the men in the picture were white, dressed in 18th century garb and carrying pictures of Obama with a Hitler Mustache?

One data point proves nothing, if this photo proves to you voter suppression at work, I'd like to hear your take on the current GOP efforts (not only ID's) to suppress the right to vote of those likely to vote for Democrats and for liberal and progressive issues.

Most of the time blacks hear only one side of the story. If they hear both sides some decide not to follow Democrats and others really don't care. Democrats in Washington know what buttons to push with every demographic. Women, it's issues concerning children and reproductive rights. Blacks and other minorities, its race. Anyone inside these groups who dares to think for themselves becomes a target. Uncle Toms, evil book-burning *****.

Yeah ... and it's the media's fault that you folks suck with women and minorities.

Did you read your post?

It's the MEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAA

All of the time arch conservatives, callous conservatives, social conservatives and the rest of the Crazy New Right only hear what they want to hear, that is, propaganda which supports their crazy callous right wing agenda. [SEE HOW EASY IT IS TO POST A NON SUBSTANTIVE OPINION SANS EVIDENCE - SOMETIMES CALLED AN IDIOT-GRAM].

No, the biggest problem is liberals own the media. The Republicans aren't able to fight their way through the constant negative propaganda.
Its not negative propaganda when not only do they say the dumb stuff and get caught, they double down on it and say it again to show their conviction.

The right has plenty of advocacy media outlets. Fox, Rush, Breitbart, Drudge, USA Toady, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Examiner.....and so on.

Prior to 1996, the big 3 networks were center left, and scandals were what they went after on both sides. Watergate was a great example of a conservative reporter (Woodward) and a liberal reporter (Bernstein) working together to blow the lid off of Watergate.

When Fox News showed up, using Rupert Murdoch's successful business models of conservative networks in Australia and the UK, the news for righties became far right, to the point of simply being GOP propaganda. Since then, the left has begun to imitate that business model and created MSNBC. Now there are plenty of 24 hour/day new networks to confirm what you think is right.

I don't think those networks brain wash people, they simply hold focus groups that find out how people react, and what they want to be true, then tell them that.

Most of the anchors on MSNBC and Fox, Chris Wallace excluded, do not have journalism degrees, they have communications degrees. Which used to be common to political strategists, not reporters.

Of course the far left media outlets don't claim to be fair and balanced. Fox pulls that maneuver very well. They afford liberal points of view, so they can offer statistics showing equal time given to opposing opinion...but the liberals they feature, Jon Stewart or Obama excluded, are a mixed bag of ineffectual and "has been" Democrats. A great example of people who can't find work with Democrats anymore. Doug Schoen, Pat Caddel, Alan Colmes, and so on. MSNBC has the same thing, Steve Schmidt, Nicole Wallace, and Michael Steele.

The right has never been represented by a center right media network, or been given actual journalism to mentally digest. Which explains the rift in GOP politics. What remains are fringes. RINOs VS Tea Party/Militia types.

MarcATL

• Patterson said Hillary was no stranger to the “N” word either. He heard her say “******” “probably six, eight, ten times. She would be upset with someone in the black community and she would use the ‘N’ word, like, you heard they’ve got the president’s brother on tape using the ‘N’ word.” [NewsMax, 17 July 2000]
  • Mary Lee Fray said that Hillary not only used an anti-Semitic slur but she shouted it so loudly “it rattled the walls. It was very clear,” she said. “Bill Clinton’s face became white as a ghost.” [FOXNews.com, AP and New York Post, 18 July 2000]Former Clinton campaign aide Neill McDonald, who has always been a Clinton supporter [Jewish World Review, 19 July 2000], confirmed the story, according to the New York Daily News. [Reuters, 17 July 2000] He heard the obscenity as he stood outside the room. [FOXNews.com, AP, New York Post, 18 July 2000]
“Larry Patterson also confirmed that he frequently heard Bill Clinton use “******” to refer to both Jesse Jackson and local Little Rock black leader Robert “Say” McIntosh. Longtime Clinton paramour Dolly Kyle Browning corroborated Patterson on Clinton’s use of “******.” “Not only did he use the ‘N’ word, he called him a ‘GDN’ [goddamn ******], if you catch my drift,” Browning told Fox News in 1999. [NewsMax, 17 July 2000] Brown also told NewsMax that the president would regularly make derogatory comments about African-Americans in private. “He has used the ‘N’ word before. Bill would make snide remarks about blacks behind their backs.” [Carl Limbacher and NewsMax Staff, 17 July 2000]”
Editor’s Note: Take note America. “Do what you’ve always done get what you’ve always got”.

Hillary Clinton f ing Jew bastard The Times London and other Clinton quotes. Polidics.com

Forum List

Back