Will Mississippi Finally Go For Decency or Will They Continue To Go For Bigotry In Racism?

Which Way Will Mississippi Go?

• I'm a Democrat/liberal and I think think things will stay the same

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • I'm a Democrat/liberal and I think think things will take a new direction

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I'm a Republican/conservative and I think think things will stay the same

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I'm a Republican/conservative and I think think things will take a new direction

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm an independent and I think think things will stay the same

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I'm an independent and I think think things will take a new direction

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mike Espy is a conscious decision to put the past behind,
Racism is voting for a guy just because he is black.

Obama taught us skin color doesn't equal ability or competence. ... :cool:

Racism is intolerance of someone based on the color of their skin, and denying equal rights and equal opportunities to people of color that whites enjoy.

Don't pretend anything else.

The big Senate run-off is happening today.

What do you guys think the result will be?

Will they finally move away from the stigma of bigotry and racism, or will they step into the 21st century and run AWAY from that stain?

The choice is clear, Cindy Hyde-Smith is a choice to remain the same, Mike Espy is a conscious decision to put the past behind, but what will they do? And why?
Bigotry and racism, of course.

Just calling a republican racist, does not make it so. You should be ashamed of your race baiting.

They have been redrawn a few times but not any major changes.

How does concentrating all of one race in a single district help that race?

It helps by making it more likely for the minority race to get one of their own in Congress. If the electorate votes on the basis of race, a majority-minority district ensures at least one job.

Racism is intolerance of someone based on the color of their skin, and denying equal rights and equal opportunities to people of color that whites enjoy.

It is also GIVING of preference and special treatment and/or privilege based on the color of their skin.

Voting for someone, because they are black, would indeed by racist.

Will they finally move away from the stigma of bigotry and racism, or will they step into the 21st century and run AWAY from that stain?

The choice is clear, Cindy Hyde-Smith is a choice to remain the same, Mike Espy is a conscious decision to put the past behind, but what will they do? And why?

Our founders were right along...it’s time for racism to return in America in a big way. I’ve already ordered my robe, pointy hat and pitchfork. Let’s do this shit!
^ Not surprising with the honesty.

When is the 37% black population in Mississippi going to quit choosing to live on the Democrat plantation?

BTW, the only congressional district in Mississippi that has a greater than 20% use of food stamps if 2/3 black. Does that surprise anyone? It shouldn't. If it does, you're an idiot.

Mississippi is near the bottom in per capita income. This is largely a poor state. Republicans really know how to run a economy.
How is California doing?
Quite well financially, thank you.

Yes, the 2nd district was gerrymandered by the GOP controlled Mississippi congress to keep as many black votes in one district as possible, but not for the good of the black voters.

Stupid twit the district was drawn because it was mandated and approved by dimshit feds to get a majority black district. Man i knew dimshits were stupid, but not HOW stupid.

horseshit.

Any excuse to support having a district where the person elected has a built in guarantee of winning.

What does this mean...'the person elected has a built in guarantee of winning"

Too stupid to understand? You really do have the 85 IQ of the average black.
And....here we have the true honesty of the GOP/trump voter.

Espy is a Radical Leftard.

That's not what Mississippi is about. The broad may not be perfect, but at least she'll provide legitimate representation for the people
This!!

#LOLGOP #TooFunny #CLASSIC

Mr. Espy is a radical anti-life, pro-Gay Marriage extremist. If he really wants to be a senator, he should load up his truck and move to California.
How is being pro-gay marriage and pro-choice extremist?

Again....how is someone being baited into being a racist

The only people I see using the term "racebait" are people who often find themselves on the same side of the fence as racists --- and they are just upset that certain topics may make the racist come out of some people on their side...
circular-reasoning1.jpg

You are the one that brought up it was gerrymandered, why are you now running from that? Why bring it up if you are just going to pretend you never posted it?

The other three districts aren't gerrymandered. The one that has a 63.5% black population is and it's done to favor a certain class.

If you draw a district to favor a certain "class" or race in one district, you are by default hurting them in the others. The way Mississippi is drawn off you will almost always have one black and the rest white.

Not at all.

Two obvious alternatives.

1. Without concentration in one district, there is no chance of any blacks winning.

2. Despite concentration, qualified black candidates have an equal chance of winning in other districts.

1. Why do blacks not have a chance of winning without concentration? Will the White people of Mississippi not vote for them?

It's not really that. In Miss, at most the dems have 40% and the gop 60%, with blacks comprising 33-35% total population, and more than 90% of the total democrat vote.

The gop divides up the districts. We have one "democrat" district and three "gop." It is now mathematically impossible for a dem to win in one of the the three gop districts, although conservative dems occupied two before a round of redistricting, and both were voted out during the Obama years when a lot of dems lost seats nationwide.

but now to win any of the three gop districts, a dem would have to get at least 30% of the gop voters in the district. ain't happening.

And I voted for Greg Harper last time around.

Who said Mississippi blacks vote dimshit, black people in Mississippi vote Republican too the dimshit voters are the drugged out Dregs of all races. Black people in Mississippi are not going to be put in a box and told how to vote, they had enough of that when dimshits ran Mississippi they area lot smarter than the dimshit voters in the ghettos. The dimshit voters are in mostly the bigger cities with dimshit run schools. That’s changing though, the state is taking over the racist dimshit schools and bringing them up to scholastic excellence slowly.

The other three districts aren't gerrymandered. The one that has a 63.5% black population is and it's done to favor a certain class.

If you draw a district to favor a certain "class" or race in one district, you are by default hurting them in the others. The way Mississippi is drawn off you will almost always have one black and the rest white.

Not at all.

Two obvious alternatives.

1. Without concentration in one district, there is no chance of any blacks winning.

2. Despite concentration, qualified black candidates have an equal chance of winning in other districts.

1. Why do blacks not have a chance of winning without concentration? Will the White people of Mississippi not vote for them?

It's not really that. In Miss, at most the dems have 40% and the gop 60%, with blacks comprising 33-35% total population, and more than 90% of the total democrat vote.

The gop divides up the districts. We have one "democrat" district and three "gop." It is now mathematically impossible for a dem to win in one of the the three gop districts, although conservative dems occupied two before a round of redistricting, and both were voted out during the Obama years when a lot of dems lost seats nationwide.

but now to win any of the three gop districts, a dem would have to get at least 30% of the gop voters in the district. ain't happening.

And I voted for Greg Harper last time around.

Who said Mississippi blacks vote dimshit, black people in Mississippi vote Republican too the dimshit voters are the drugged out Dregs of all races. Black people in Mississippi are not going to be put in a box and told how to vote, they had enough of that when dimshits ran Mississippi they area lot smarter than the dimshit voters in the ghettos. The dimshit voters are in mostly the bigger cities with dimshit run schools. That’s changing though, the state is taking over the racist dimshit schools and bringing them up to scholastic excellence slowly.
Dimshit, blacks comprise at most 5% of gop vote in Miss. It's the way it is.

I wouldn't be offended if a black person thought (and they do) that a white (male or female) cannot comprehend the racism underlying voting in Miss.

So if blacks throw a pool party and refuse to let whites join them that’s racist?

How about when the CBC refuses to let a white join? Is that racist?
I have to admit, it's always struck me as, at best, odd to have an OFFICIAL caucus based on race.
Until you research the genesis of why there was a CBC to begin with....

Pretty much the same way there was a NAACP, HBCU's, etc....when one has been historically oppressed for centuries, organizations like that tend to pop up...

Just ask the ADL

I have to admit, it's always struck me as, at best, odd to have an OFFICIAL caucus based on race.

Pretty much the same way there was a NAACP, HBCU's, etc....when one has been historically oppressed for centuries, organizations like that tend to pop up...

Just ask the ADL
You guys loved the KKK too! Don’t you think it’s time to give up on racist alliances?

Typical angry small minded lefties paint an entire state with the racist brush. No surprise here.

If every time the dems lose its because of racism...the charge of racism will lose its steam...silly libs...what you are missing is Trump's new found popularity in the middle class and lower class Black community....its only over paid blacks in the media that still hate Trump....

Just ask the ADL
But there's no Jewish caucus. And with blacks getting elected ... I don't see the oppression. I see the bigotry towards blacks, but excluding membership by race .. at least where the organization is governmental.

Forum List

Back