Will President Pence keep Trump's cabinet?

Will Pence install a new cabinet?

• Yes, he knows Trump's people are nuts

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No, he like Trump's people

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Not applicable, because Pence is going down too

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
Or will he put in his own people?

If Mike Pense were to assume the role of POTUS the dumbest thing he could do is keep any of Trump's appointed personel in any position. He would have to fill all positions with new people, otherwise risk more scandal surrounding them.

the most likely scenario raises serious constitutional questions. I doubt Trump will be impeached no matter how crazy he acts, or what he does. But the lowest hurdle is an Amendment 25 removal due to Trump suffering from paranoid delusions. In which cast Pence becomes 'acting president' a role not fully defined, as most of the cabinet serves at the pleasure of the president, not the 'acting president' So the acting president may not have the power to fire his cabinet.

Wiki - in the case of Myers v. United States, which affirmed the ability of the President to remove a Postmaster without Congressional approval. In reaching that decision, the Supreme Court stated in its majority opinion (though in dicta), "that the Tenure of Office Act of 1867, insofar as it attempted to prevent the President from removing executive officers who had been appointed by him by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, was invalid

I think there is too much to ignore right now. I am betting that Trump will resign--under the threat of imminent charges. If they don' t get him on this then Democrats will go after him on the Emoluments clause in the constitution that would also be able to remove him from office.
The Emoluments Clause: Its text, meaning, and application to Donald J. Trump | Brookings Institution

But I agree with you that he is mentally unfit to be POTUS. He always has been. He's emotionally unstable.
A neuroscientist explains: Trump has a mental disorder that makes him a dangerous world leader

And it comes with Pathological lying.
"A pathological liar is someone who compulsively tells lies or fabricates information. They may not be completely rooted in reality, believing the lies they tell."
How to Spot a Pathological Liar

If Mike Pense were to assume the role of POTUS the dumbest thing he could do is keep any of Trump's appointed personel in any position. He would have to fill all positions with new people, otherwise risk more scandal surrounding them.
True, but remember that Pence is a religious lunatic and is on record saying that cigarettes are healthy. He's nuttier than a squirrel turd.

I agree Pense is not a President that most people would want - but he would be a hell of a lot better than the Ass Clown that currently occupies the Oval Office. I don't think he's a Traitor, and it would surprise me if he had any inside knowlege of this Russian connection. If he did he's gone too.

What I don't like about Pense is wasting taxpayer dollars on his personal religious beliefs which he did in Indiana. Signing an abortion bill into law that was overturned by a Federal District court one year later. It is a governors primary responsibility to be a good steward of taxpayer dollars and to refuse to sign bills into law that could result in class action law suits, let alone the legal fees in defending this law in court.
Pence signs new abortion restrictions into law with a prayer
Judge halts Indiana's new abortion law
Well, I guess you're right and the potential for complete disaster is less with Pence. Either way, our best hope is getting both of them the fuck out in 2020.

I think that will definitely happen regardless. I really don't see the Republican party surviving this in 2018-2020 and further. This is extremely serious. It's a 1000 times worse than Watergate. And the only way the Republican party came back from Watergate was Jimmy Carter.

True, but remember that Pence is a religious lunatic and is on record saying that cigarettes are healthy. He's nuttier than a squirrel turd.

I agree Pense is not a President that most people would want - but he would be a hell of a lot better than the Ass Clown that currently occupies the Oval Office. I don't think he's a Traitor, and it would surprise me if he had any inside knowlege of this Russian connection. If he did he's gone too.

What I don't like about Pense is wasting taxpayer dollars on his personal religious beliefs which he did in Indiana. Signing an abortion bill into law that was overturned by a Federal District court one year later. It is a governors primary responsibility to be a good steward of taxpayer dollars and to refuse to sign bills into law that could result in class action law suits, let alone the legal fees in defending this law in court.
Well, I guess you're right and the potential for complete disaster is less with Pence. Either way, our best hope is getting both of them the fuck out in 2020.

I think that will definitely happen regardless. I really don't see the Republican party surviving this in 2018-2020 and further. This is extremely serious. It's a 1000 times worse than Watergate. And the only way the Republican party came back from Watergate was Jimmy Carter.
They'll survive. The pendulum is going to swing like CRAZY over to the left before then, though.

They'll survive. The pendulum is going to swing like CRAZY over to the left before then, though.

I really hope these pendulum swings stop--because the overwhelming majority of this country are moderate--middle of the road. I hope Democrats are smart enough to realise that they don't need to pick a candidate that is just as crazy as Trump but only too the far left side of the isle, and one that can actually appeal to the majority in this country.

I really hope these pendulum swings stop--because the overwhelming majority of this country are moderate--middle of the road. I hope Democrats are smart enough to realise that they don't need to pick a candidate that is just as crazy as Trump but only too the far left side of the isle, and one that can actually appeal to the majority in this country.
I'm afraid Trump is going to push the pendulum further than ever. I was shocked by how much support Bernie got during the Democrat primary. I'm hoping that's because they hated Hillary, and not because the Democrat party has embraced stupid like the GOP has.

But I agree with you that he is mentally unfit to be POTUS. He always has been. He's emotionally unstable.
A neuroscientist explains: Trump has a mental disorder that makes him a dangerous world leader

Republicans need to decide how Trump would make a graceful exit. A Nixon type resignation was a monumental failure. Letting it proceed to impechment isn't much better, even if Trump is not convicted. Using the 25th amendment, where a majority of cabinet officers are needed, their not being fireable by Pence could be what convinces them.

If you bed wetters on the far left keep fantasizing about Trump getting impeached instead of coming up with a new party platform that's going to woo back blue collar workers in the Mid West...you can pretty much kiss the next election adios and then Pence will most likely be running against some unknown Democrat in 2024. Pence willl most likely HAVE to put in new people because after eight long years most Cabinet members are more than ready to move on to other things.
Blue collar workers are about to get completely shat on. It saddens me that they placed their hopes in an elitist billionaire who never worked for anything a day in his life.

You're betting the farm on that...so what happens if Trump actually improves the economy and starts adding real jobs? You think you're sad now? You're going to be inconsolable if Trump's policies work and your far left candidates won't be able to get elected town dog catcher. Know what I'm saying?

I would be thrilled if he turned out to help the country, and would vote early to reelect him in four years. Having said that, he's a spoiled pig, and I don't see any way that might happen

I do not know what dope you are smoking but damn it man put it down before it rot your brain further.

If Bush was not impeached what make you believe Trump will be impeached and removed?

So to answer your question it matter not because Trump will be President until he get elected out or hit the term limit.
Impeachment is not the only possibility. Plus Dubya, as disastrous as he was, was not unhinged and insane the way Trump is.

You have to realize I actually laugh every time some wrote that Trump is worse than Bush ever could be because I remember how the left once thought no one could be worse than Bush!

Bush was the worst up until now.

When Pence is president will he renew his conviction that tobacco isn't cancer causing like he did when he was governor?
Of course he pocketed big money from the tobacco industry. Anyone think it might have something to do with his no cancer POV?

I do not know what dope you are smoking but damn it man put it down before it rot your brain further.

If Bush was not impeached what make you believe Trump will be impeached and removed?

So to answer your question it matter not because Trump will be President until he get elected out or hit the term limit.
Impeachment is not the only possibility. Plus Dubya, as disastrous as he was, was not unhinged and insane the way Trump is.

You have to realize I actually laugh every time some wrote that Trump is worse than Bush ever could be because I remember how the left once thought no one could be worse than Bush!

He's still the worst. We need to fight Trump so that it stays that way.

You've not seen anything yet baby.

You folks need to get a grip. Trump isn't going to get impeached. He's definitely not going to resign.

I know that you're the Party of "participation trophies" and you're not used to being told that you LOST...but you did! Get over it. It wasn't because Trump cheated. It wasn't because the election was rigged. It wasn't because of the Russians. You ran a REALLY bad candidate who has more baggage than the average 747! Your Party leaders screwed over Bernie Sanders...were exposed doing so...and liberals who normally would have voted for Hillary stayed home. That isn't something Donald Trump did. That's something that was a self inflicted wound.

So how have you responded to this loss? By having paid shills flood the internet with anti Trump strings? Like THAT is going to sway public opinion back to supporting the Progressive agenda? People like "Reasonable" are now the face of the Democratic Party! Good luck with that!

You folks need to get a grip. Trump isn't going to get impeached. He's definitely not going to resign.

I know that you're the Party of "participation trophies" and you're not used to being told that you LOST...but you did! Get over it. It wasn't because Trump cheated. It wasn't because the election was rigged. It wasn't because of the Russians. You ran a REALLY bad candidate who has more baggage than the average 747! Your Party leaders screwed over Bernie Sanders...were exposed doing so...and liberals who normally would have voted for Hillary stayed home. That isn't something Donald Trump did. That's something that was a self inflicted wound.

So how have you responded to this loss? By having paid shills flood the internet with anti Trump strings? Like THAT is going to sway public opinion back to supporting the Progressive agenda? People like "Reasonable" are now the face of the Democratic Party! Good luck with that!

Public opinion has never been with Trump, and it's turning further away from him each time he lies.

I don't think Trump could care less about "public opinion". He's there to do a job. I think he's figured out that the entrenched "Inside the Beltway" crowd doesn't want him changing the way they do business and realizes that they will fight him tooth and nail not to give up their power...and their perks.

Forum List

Back