🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Will President Pence keep Trump's cabinet?

Will Pence install a new cabinet?

• Yes, he knows Trump's people are nuts

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No, he like Trump's people

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Not applicable, because Pence is going down too

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
so what happens if Trump actually improves the economy and starts adding real jobs?

Then I'll eat crow and applaud him. Bookmark this post of mine if you want to use it against me one day.

Until then I'll continue to believe that opposing free trade, technology, science, and immigration, is a disaster for the U.S.

Actually, I'm getting ready to thank Trump for doing more to destroy modern social conservatism than even Dubya did

Well, I got good news and bad news....Trump has nothing but clear sailing ahead now. And Hillary is all done with her nature hikes and ready for another run and the president is going to give her all the help he can.
lol.gif

giphy.gif

There shouldn't be a president Pence seeing as tho Trump is now an illigetimate President.

Or as they say in twitter, a "so called President"
It would be nice if we could do that, but there is no contemplation of a situation like this in our Constitution so it would take some real legal wrangling to realize a do-over. That's not to say it isn't possible, but it's a huge stretch.

When Donald J. Trump goes - and he is going, because his campaign colluded with the Russians and the GOP will use this to get rid of a very unintelligent & uninformed man who is wildly unpredictable and potentially very dangerous to the party AND the country - we will get President Pence.

I believe it is highly unlikely that Pence was kept in the loop on the Russian connections. He may very well have guessed and kept quiet, but I'm betting he has plausible deniability and will survive the purge of Trump.

Pence will purge all of Trump's White House goon squad. He will likely also replace a number of Trump's cabinet picks, but because he was very involved in running the transition, I believe a number of those cabinet picks are ones he likely encouraged Trump to make. I'd wager that under Presidnt Pence, we may get a Secretary of State Romney after all.

While Pence is a religious right freak who would NEVER have been elected on his own merit, he's better than nut job Trump - and better, I think, than the pathologically damaged Paul Ryan.

In 2018 the GOP is going to lose both houses of Congress - and in 2020, the White House too.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg is a very healthy 84; I suspect she will be like Oliver Wendell Holmes and serve until she's 90. Her seat will be filled by the next Democratic President.

Now the poll we really need is the one where we vote for favorite D Presidential candidates for 2020.
Now the poll we really need is the one where we vote for favorite D Presidential candidates for 2020.

Do one.

"In 2018 the GOP is going to lose both houses of Congress - and in 2020, the White House too."

Care to make a wager on all three predictions?

I'm not terribly keen on gambling, I prefer to save my money for more responsible endeavors.

But I'll go $25.

I'm betting that in 2018, not only will the Republicans retain their control on both houses, but that Trump will be re-elected in 2020.

:dance:The far-left machinations can't stop the Donald.

so what happens if Trump actually improves the economy and starts adding real jobs?

Then I'll eat crow and applaud him. Bookmark this post of mine if you want to use it against me one day.

Until then I'll continue to believe that opposing free trade, technology, science, and immigration, is a disaster for the U.S.

Trump doesn't oppose free trade...he opposes trade deals that suck for us. He just signed a bill giving NASA money for further space exploration so it's obvious he's not opposed to all technology and science...just the far left zealots that Barry brought in to impose a liberal ideology. He doesn't oppose immigration...he simply wants to make sure the people we let in are going to benefit our society and not attempt to destroy it. You know...like what's happening in Great Britain as we speak?

There shouldn't be a president Pence seeing as tho Trump is now an illigetimate President.

It would be nice if we could do that, but there is no contemplation of a situation like this in our Constitution so it would take some real legal wrangling to realize a do-over. That's not to say it isn't possible, but it's a huge stretch.

When Donald J. Trump goes - and he is going, because his campaign colluded with the Russians and the GOP will use this to get rid of a very unintelligent & uninformed man who is wildly unpredictable and potentially very dangerous to the party AND the country - we will get President Pence.

I believe it is highly unlikely that Pence was kept in the loop on the Russian connections. He may very well have guessed and kept quiet, but I'm betting he has plausible deniability and will survive the purge of Trump.

Pence will purge all of Trump's White House goon squad. He will likely also replace a number of Trump's cabinet picks, but because he was very involved in running the transition, I believe a number of those cabinet picks are ones he likely encouraged Trump to make. I'd wager that under President Pence, we may get a Secretary of State Romney after all.

While Pence is a religious right freak who would NEVER have been elected on his own merit, he's better than nut job Trump - and better, I think, than the pathologically damaged Paul Ryan.

In 2018 the GOP is going to lose both houses of Congress - and in 2020, the White House too.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg is a very healthy 84; I suspect she will be like Oliver Wendell Holmes and serve until she's 90. Her seat will be filled by the next Democratic President.

I'm curious, BoSoxGal...on what do you base your belief that the Democrats are going to win the both houses of Congress in 2018? Have you looked at who is up for reelection? There's about 25 Democratic Senators running and only 8 Republicans. The Republicans that ARE running are running in deep Red States and will be extremely difficult to unseat. There are quite a few Democrats on the other hand who are running in so called "battleground" States...many of which voted for Trump in the last election.

In order to take the Senate back...you would need to win all 25 contested seats now held by Democrats (which will be quite the task in itself) and you will also need to somehow win two of those GOP seats in those deep Red States. If you lose one Democratic seat...you then would need to win 3 of those GOP seats! The fact is...your Party will need to work their asses off simply to keep the GOP from getting massive majorities in both Houses.

I do not know what dope you are smoking but damn it man put it down before it rot your brain further.

If Bush was not impeached what make you believe Trump will be impeached and removed?

So to answer your question it matter not because Trump will be President until he get elected out or hit the term limit.

I do not know what dope you are smoking but damn it man put it down before it rot your brain further.

If Bush was not impeached what make you believe Trump will be impeached and removed?

So to answer your question it matter not because Trump will be President until he get elected out or hit the term limit.
Impeachment is not the only possibility. Plus Dubya, as disastrous as he was, was not unhinged and insane the way Trump is.

Impeachment is not the only possibility. Plus Dubya, as disastrous as he was, was not unhinged and insane the way Trump is.

You have to realize I actually laugh every time some wrote that Trump is worse than Bush ever could be because I remember how the left once thought no one could be worse than Bush!

You have to realize I actually laugh every time some wrote that Trump is worse than Bush ever could be because I remember how the left once thought no one could be worse than Bush!
Hey, imo the most important election of my lifetime was 2004. We failed, and suffered terrible consequences for 4 more disastrous Bush years. Dubya is still the worst President of my lifetime, but it's looking like Trump is aiming to beat him out.

Pence will purge all of Trump's White House goon squad. He will likely also replace a number of Trump's cabinet picks, but because he was very involved in running the transition, I believe a number of those cabinet picks are ones he likely encouraged Trump to make. I'd wager that under President Pence, we may get a Secretary of State Romney after all.

I'm curious, BoSoxGal...on what do you base your belief that the Democrats are going to win the both houses of Congress in 2018? Have you looked at who is up for reelection? There's about 25 Democratic Senators running and only 8 Republicans. The Republicans that ARE running are running in deep Red States and will be extremely difficult to unseat. There are quite a few Democrats on the other hand who are running in so called "battleground" States...many of which voted for Trump in the last election.

In order to take the Senate back...you would need to win all 25 contested seats now held by Democrats (which will be quite the task in itself) and you will also need to somehow win two of those GOP seats in those deep Red States. If you lose one Democratic seat...you then would need to win 3 of those GOP seats! The fact is...your Party will need to work their asses off simply to keep the GOP from getting massive majorities in both Houses.
My theory is that healthcare is going to be the issue that turns red states purple - that and the GOP's standing by Trump no matter how foul his actions.

That being said, it's a long time and it's possible the RepubliCON Party will remove its collective head from its collective ass before then. We'll see . . .

My theory is that healthcare is going to be the issue that turns red states purple - that and the GOP's standing by Trump no matter how foul his actions.

That being said, it's a long time and it's possible the RepubliCON Party will remove its collective head from its collective ass before then. We'll see . . .

Why would healthcare turn Red States purple? You do grasp the fact that the Affordable Care Act was written by progressives to fail? It's fallen to the GOP and Donald Trump to FIX what is one god awful mess. It won't be easy and it won't make a lot of people happy but someone has to start doing the hard work of passing legislation that actually works. I know that you on the left will try to blame the GOP for the shortcomings of any attempts to fix the ACA but that won't change the fact that without a fix of some kind the ACA will go into a death spiral all on it's own.

My theory is that jobs and the economy will be the driver of the coming mid term elections...because jobs and the economy are the number one concerns of most Americans. You progressives just gave us the worst recovery from a recession in modern political history and Barack Obama is the first President not to have a single quarter with above 3% growth! Why would the voters let you run things again so quickly?

Or will he put in his own people?

If Mike Pense were to assume the role of POTUS the dumbest thing he could do is keep any of Trump's appointed personel in any position. He would have to fill all positions with new people, otherwise risk more scandal surrounding them.

If Mike Pense were to assume the role of POTUS the dumbest thing he could do is keep any of Trump's appointed personel in any position. He would have to fill all positions with new people, otherwise risk more scandal surrounding them.
True, but remember that Pence is a religious lunatic and is on record saying that cigarettes are healthy. He's nuttier than a squirrel turd.

True, but remember that Pence is a religious lunatic and is on record saying that cigarettes are healthy. He's nuttier than a squirrel turd.

I agree Pense is not a President that most people would want - but he would be a hell of a lot better than the Ass Clown that currently occupies the Oval Office. I don't think he's a Traitor, and it would surprise me if he had any inside knowlege of this Russian connection. If he did he's gone too.

What I don't like about Pense is wasting taxpayer dollars on his personal religious beliefs which he did in Indiana. Signing an abortion bill into law that was overturned by a Federal District court one year later. It is a governors primary responsibility to be a good steward of taxpayer dollars and to refuse to sign bills into law that could result in class action law suits, let alone the legal fees in defending this law in court.
Pence signs new abortion restrictions into law with a prayer
Judge halts Indiana's new abortion law

the most likely scenario raises serious constitutional questions. I doubt Trump will be impeached no matter how crazy he acts, or what he does. But the lowest hurdle is an Amendment 25 removal due to Trump suffering from paranoid delusions. In which cast Pence becomes 'acting president' a role not fully defined, as most of the cabinet serves at the pleasure of the president, not the 'acting president' So the acting president may not have the power to fire his cabinet.

Wiki - in the case of Myers v. United States, which affirmed the ability of the President to remove a Postmaster without Congressional approval. In reaching that decision, the Supreme Court stated in its majority opinion (though in dicta), "that the Tenure of Office Act of 1867, insofar as it attempted to prevent the President from removing executive officers who had been appointed by him by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, was invalid

I agree Pense is not a President that most people would want - but he would be a hell of a lot better than the Ass Clown that currently occupies the Oval Office. I don't think he's a Traitor, and it would surprise me if he had any inside knowlege of this Russian connection. If he did he's gone too.

What I don't like about Pense is wasting taxpayer dollars on his personal religious beliefs which he did in Indiana. Signing an abortion bill into law that was overturned by a Federal District court one year later. It is a governors primary responsibility to be a good steward of taxpayer dollars and to refuse to sign bills into law that could result in class action law suits, let alone the legal fees in defending this law in court.
Pence signs new abortion restrictions into law with a prayer
Judge halts Indiana's new abortion law
Well, I guess you're right and the potential for complete disaster is less with Pence. Either way, our best hope is getting both of them the fuck out in 2020.

Forum List

Back