Will Republicans end social security?

Will Republicans end social security?

• Yes, at least try

Votes: 33 28.2%
  • No

Votes: 84 71.8%

• Total voters
It wasn't discussed during the elections but does any one doubt SS is going to be put on the chopping block?

No way one usmb Republican will say they like and want to keep SS.

And if they want to at least tell us in 2019 so we can vote on it.
Wah Wah. 8 years later and the biggest Ponzi scheme in history is still around. You loons do this every election year.

And you know that Republicans will never touch existing recipients.

Your kids however will get fucked by them
Then what’s the issue? If the kids money is still invested, how do they lose it? You don’t know what you’re talking about

Only people who can afford to live in a nice neighborhood should be able to send their kids to the good public schools!

That's the dumbest thing you could possibly say. It's like tying rocks around their legs, and putting them in a swimming race, saying, if you win this race, you'll have a chance in life. .

Even with equal funding, the kids in the rich neighbourhood are going to have advantages - computers and WIFI at home, family travel, more school trips, parents who pay for dance classes, private coaching in sports leading to scholarships, tutoring if needed.

Our school said all those trips to museum, art galleries, zoos, as well as dance lessons, skating lessons, Brownies, kids' theatre group - what my daughter's school called "enrichment", really showed. Poor kids aren't going to have "enrichment" at home, so their kids are already behind the children from "better neighbourhooods".

The annual school fair (money raised going to playground equipment, school trips and outings) in the "yuppie neighbourhood" in Toronto raised more than $5000 year. The school fair in Regent Park (public housing), raised $500. The poverty still leaves poor kids at a disadvantage, but at least they get the same basic skills, and access to books, and computers at school, and are learning to use them.

Then what’s the issue? If the kids money is still invested, how do they lose it? You don’t know what you’re talking about

Gee, how about fucking them over at both ends!!!!

First they end up with the millstone of $50,000 in student debt each as a financial millstone around their early earning years, to bleed them white, and keep them from ever owning their own homes.

Then you give them the lowest wages as a percentage of costs since the Guilded Age throughout their working lives, leaving them dependant on government income supplements to raise their families;

And then put them out to pasture at age 70 with nothing.

God bless America!

That's the dumbest thing you could possibly say. It's like tying rocks around their legs, and putting them in a swimming race, saying, if you win this race, you'll have a chance in life. .

Even with equal funding, the kids in the rich neighbourhood are going to have advantages - computers and WIFI at home, family travel, more school trips, parents who pay for dance classes, private coaching in sports leading to scholarships, tutoring if needed.

Our school said all those trips to museum, art galleries, zoos, as well as dance lessons, skating lessons, Brownies, kids' theatre group - what my daughter's school called "enrichment", really showed. Poor kids aren't going to have "enrichment" at home, so their kids are already behind the children from "better neighbourhooods".

The annual school fair (money raised going to playground equipment, school trips and outings) in the "yuppie neighbourhood" in Toronto raised more than $5000 year. The school fair in Regent Park (public housing), raised $500. The poverty still leaves poor kids at a disadvantage, but at least they get the same basic skills, and access to books, and computers at school, and are learning to use them.
Propaganda disinformation right here Canadian

Maybe you should read what the SS trustees say:

As a result of changes to Social Security enacted in 1983, benefits are now expected to be payable in full on a timely basis until 2037, when the trust fund reserves are projected to become exhausted.

At the point where the reserves are used up, continuing taxes are expected to be enough to pay 76 percent of scheduled benefits.
That's what I thought. A 24% cut. I wonder if that will happen to people already on it or just future suckers? Will we put up with it?

What will we get in exchange? Tax free the rest of our lives? That might help.

If they can come up with the money to fight the Iraq war, they can figure out a way to fill up this fund.

This is why I want to make all the asylum seekers legal, law abiding, tax paying citizens. So they can fill the fund. Too many people retiring not enough workers. White Americans dicks are too small they aren't having enough kids. And the kids they have are pathetic.

They looted the fund. Both sides. Put it back.

This may be something worth storming the capitol over.

Wah Wah. 8 years later and the biggest Ponzi scheme in history is still around. You loons do this every election year.

I believe you said that about abortion, right before the Supreme's did what they did.

And they aren't done with abortion. Just like social security, one day Republicans want to completely do away with it.

My hunch is the Supreme's, being the "strict constitutionalists" they are, will come up with an argument that it's unconstitutional.

Simple question for you.
What entity in the USA has a double taxation principle?
Another simple question.
Do you think the filthy rich spend all their money on goods and services OR
do you think they spend part of it and then buried the rest of their cash in their backyard OR
hide it under their mattresses OR
is it possible that they INVEST it?
I use to do computing work for a yacht manufacturer who sold to wealthy people yachts.
How many of the yacht workers despised wealthy people, but rather liked the idea the wealthy wasted their wealth on the yachts the workers were paid to build?
Were you aware of this FACT?
U.S. companies have repatriated $1 trillion since tax overhaul
The affect on tax revenue that would have never been paid on the nearly $1 trillion that came back
due to the tax cut...
Investment banks and think tanks have estimated that U.S. corporations held $1.5 trillion to $2.5 trillion in offshore cash at the time the law was enacted. Before the overhaul, companies had an incentive to keep profits overseas because they owed a 35% tax when bringing it back and could defer payment by keeping funds offshore.
The law set a one-time 15.5% tax rate on cash and 8% on non-cash or illiquid assets.
The below chart shows how much future tax revenue coming from the $1 trillion that was repatriated.
The reason tax revenues increased is because Republicans borrowed and spent $trillions and claimed the "tax cuts" spurred growth.

The more you borrow and spend the more tax revenue gets generated, duh.

That's what I thought. A 24% cut. I wonder if that will happen to people already on it or just future suckers? Will we put up with it?

If they can come up with the money to fight the Iraq war, they can figure out a way to fill up this fund.

This is why I want to make all the asylum seekers legal, law abiding, tax paying citizens. So they can fill the fund. Too many people retiring not enough workers. White Americans dicks are too small they aren't having enough kids. And the kids they have are pathetic.

You’re too stupid to discuss this

The reason tax revenues increased is because Republicans borrowed and spent $trillions and claimed the "tax cuts" spurred growth.

The more you borrow and spend the more tax revenue gets generated, duh.
Tax revenue is money collected by the government through taxes, while borrowing by the government is when it takes loans or issues bonds to cover a budget deficit
Tax revenue is an ongoing source of income for the government, while borrowing increases the government's debt. Both tax revenue and borrowing are used to finance government expenses and obligations.

Tax revenue is the money collected by the government from individuals and businesses through various taxes such as income tax, sales tax, and property tax.
It is a form of income for the government and is used to fund public services and programs, such as healthcare, education, and infrastructure.

NOW do you understand? TAX revenue is money collected... NOT borrowed!

Borrowing by Government:​

When the government spends more than it collects in taxes, it runs a budget deficit.
To cover the deficit, the government needs to borrow money by issuing bonds or taking loans.
This borrowing adds to the government's debt, which is the cumulative total of all past deficits and surpluses. The government uses borrowed funds to finance its expenses and obligations.

Example: If the government collects $100 billion in tax revenue but spends $120 billion, it will have a budget deficit of $20 billion. To cover the deficit, the government may issue bonds worth $20 billion and borrow the money from investors or financial institutions.

Truly I can't believe how dumb you are making this statement:

"The reason tax revenues increased is because Republicans borrowed and spent $trillions and claimed the "tax cuts" spurred growth.
The more you borrow and spend the more tax revenue gets generated, duh
."

Truly pathetic how stupid some people are!

Tax revenue is money collected by the government through taxes, while borrowing by the government is when it takes loans or issues bonds to cover a budget deficit
Tax revenue is an ongoing source of income for the government, while borrowing increases the government's debt. Both tax revenue and borrowing are used to finance government expenses and obligations.

Tax revenue is the money collected by the government from individuals and businesses through various taxes such as income tax, sales tax, and property tax.
It is a form of income for the government and is used to fund public services and programs, such as healthcare, education, and infrastructure.

NOW do you understand? TAX revenue is money collected... NOT borrowed!

Borrowing by Government:​

When the government spends more than it collects in taxes, it runs a budget deficit.
To cover the deficit, the government needs to borrow money by issuing bonds or taking loans.
This borrowing adds to the government's debt, which is the cumulative total of all past deficits and surpluses. The government uses borrowed funds to finance its expenses and obligations.

Example: If the government collects $100 billion in tax revenue but spends $120 billion, it will have a budget deficit of $20 billion. To cover the deficit, the government may issue bonds worth $20 billion and borrow the money from investors or financial institutions.

Truly I can't believe how dumb you are making this statement:

"The reason tax revenues increased is because Republicans borrowed and spent $trillions and claimed the "tax cuts" spurred growth.
The more you borrow and spend the more tax revenue gets generated, duh
."

Truly pathetic how stupid some people are!
Tax money isn’t to hand out to illegals

Which president said the following:

I would, in fact, make sure that there is, we immediate surge to the border, "

We will build a wall'​

Who signed the executive order on the first day of his presidency:

terminating border wall construction contracts​

Now here is a clue:
BidenVSTrumpillegals.png

School choice
School Choice has Logistic problems that (R) ignore.

School A, B, C are all maxed out with 1500 students each.

500 student from both A and B want to use their "School Choice" that (R) are promising, and all 1000 wanna be school choice students want to go to school C.

Explain the Logistics of how this is possible?

Logistics.png

Forum List

Back