Will Republicans ever learn? Indiana governor to sign bill allowing business not to serve gays

If queers just kept their mouths shut about their sexual orientation 99.9% of the issue would disappear. It only appears with regards to certain events like weddings because then it can't be ignored. A lot of people don't want to have their faces rubbed in the queer lifestyle, and there's no reason they should.

So when two women want a wedding cake they're supposed to pretend they're not two women wanting a wedding cake?

You are so out of it.

If bripat wanted to have some credibility, he might try to pretend to have empathy.

How would that give me credibility? I couldn't care less about a couple of petulant whiny queers who want to force a baker to attend their wedding.

Exactly my earlier point, you have no empathy. Most human do, and many higher animals too.

I have no empathy for petulant children throwing a temper tantrum either. Anyone who does is a fool.

You throw temper tantrums every day on line, I suspect your persona in the real world is just as obnoxious.

I believe a business should be able to choose who they do business with. I also believe bigotry and racism is bad for business. So if a business man wants to ban people from his establishment let him...go out of business.

penc%2525202_thumb%25255B2%25255D.jpg

tweet6_1.png_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg

cjones03272015_thumb%25255B6%25255D.jpg
You're a moron.

Pain rains down on Gov. Mike Pence.

From the IndyStar reporter Tim Swarens:

Gov. Mike Pence, scorched by a fast-spreading political firestorm, told The Star on Saturday that he will support the introduction of legislation to “clarify” that Indiana’s controversial Religious Freedom Restoration Act does not promote discrimination against gays and lesbians...
Asked if that legislation might include making gay and lesbian Hoosiers a protected legal class, Pence said, “That’s not on my agenda.”

Amid the deepest crisis of his political career, Pence said repeatedly that the intense blowback against the new law is the result of a “misunderstanding driven by misinformation.”

He adamantly insisted that RFRA will not open the door to state-sanctioned discrimination against gays and lesbians. But he did acknowledge that Indiana’s image — and potentially its economic health — has been hurt badly by the controversy.
RTR4VA9K.jpg

Thousands of pro-LGBT protesters rallied against the "religious freedom" law Saturday at the Indiana State Capital.

It goes along the lines of "we have the right to refuse service to anyone", doesn't it?

You don't actually have that right and haven't since the 60s.

The Right to Refuse Service
The Federal Civil Rights Act guarantees all people the right to "full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, without discrimination or segregation on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin."

The right of public accommodation is also guaranteed to disabled citizens under the Americans with Disabilities Act, which precludes discrimination by businesses on the basis of disability.

In addition to the protections against discrimination provided under federal law, many states have passed their own Civil Rights Acts that provide broader protections than the Federal Civil Rights Act. For example, California's Unruh Civil Rights Act makes it illegal to discriminate against individuals based on unconventional dress or sexual preference.​
Didn't stop me. Or any other business in our neck of the woods. And if I still owned a business, it would STILL not stop me.

Well gosh, I'm so comforted that the law didn't stop you from breaking it. Goody gumdrops.

It goes along the lines of "we have the right to refuse service to anyone", doesn't it?

The Federal Civil Rights Act guarantees all people the right to "full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, without discrimination or segregation on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin."

The right of public accommodation is also guaranteed to disabled citizens under the Americans with Disabilities Act, which precludes discrimination by businesses on the basis of disability.

In addition to the protections against discrimination provided under federal law, many states have passed their own Civil Rights Acts that provide broader protections than the Federal Civil Rights Act. For example, California's Unruh Civil Rights Act makes it illegal to discriminate against individuals based on unconventional dress or sexual preference.​
Didn't stop me. Or any other business in our neck of the woods. And if I still owned a business, it would STILL not stop me.

Well gosh, I'm so comforted that the law didn't stop you from breaking it. Goody gumdrops.
How long do you think you and all homosexuals would last in a progressive utopia?

Indiana wants to discriminate against gays, and so America is going to discriminate against Indiana.

Payback's a bitch.

Just like payback to Chick Fil A resulted in record profits?

Or maybe payback to Hobby Lobby? How did that work out? Not as good as you Moon Bats wanted.

I am going up to Indiana this summer for a visit. It seems like a pleasant place to visit now that they have enhanced freedom by becoming a right to work state and embraced freedom of religion..

Last edited:

How long do you think you and all homosexuals would last in a progressive utopia?

What? Do you have conversations in your head while posting? You should share for context.

Indiana wants to discriminate against gays, and so America is going to discriminate against Indiana.

Payback's a bitch.

Or maybe payback to Hobby Lobby? How did that work out? Not as good as you Moon Bats wanted.

I going up to Indiana this summer for a visit. It seems like a pleasant place to visit now that they have enhanced freedom by becoming a right to work state and embraced freedom of religion..

It's already hurting Indiana, fool. You really think you visiting Indiana is going to make up for millions in lost revenue because of this "we can be anti gay bigots" bill?

The stupid Libtards were suppose to punish Florida for passing a concealed weapons law and a stand your ground law but that pretty much fizzled out.

Not having a bunch of confused sexual orientation Moon Bats come to their state will be a plus for Indiana.

God, how I love when conservatives shoot themselves in the foot and then look for someone else to blame

Anyone with any sense would know the reaction to this bill

The huge loss in revenue from those repulsed by Indianas action all so a fag hating baker doesn't have to sell wedding cakes

You can't make this shit up
This law has nothing to do with fag hating bakers. So yes apparently you can make this shit up.
Sadly, it does

That is why Republicans are introducing these bills across the country

Yes. The two queers insisted on forcing the baker to bake them a cake, and the rest of the country became alarmed when they learned what the queer lobby clearly had in mind. Next they'll want a law forcing your daughter to go to the prom with some butch dyke.

I know......because baking a cake is just a slippery slope away from having gay sex

Payback's a bitch.

I going up to Indiana this summer for a visit. It seems like a pleasant place to visit now that they have enhanced freedom by becoming a right to work state and embraced freedom of religion..

It's already hurting Indiana, fool. You really think you visiting Indiana is going to make up for millions in lost revenue because of this "we can be anti gay bigots" bill?

I can't believe the timing right before the NCAA Final Four

Instead of the discussion being about what a great location Indianapolis is for major sports events, the discussion is about what a bunch of fag haters Indiana is

This isn't going to happen overnight, there will still be a few silly bills like this for a while.

No doubt Pence is convinced this will be helpful to his presidential ambitions. That's what happens when a person exists inside an ideological bubble.

This too shall pass.

Eventually, the bill will be watered down or killed completely

But the damage will have already been done

This isn't going to happen overnight, there will still be a few silly bills like this for a while.

No doubt Pence is convinced this will be helpful to his presidential ambitions. That's what happens when a person exists inside an ideological bubble.

This too shall pass.

To Pence!

:laugh:

This too shall pass.

To Pence!

:laugh:

Yeah, but the asshole is taking the good people of his state down with him.

Forum List

Back