Will the case against General Flynn be dropped? What will the left wingers and anti trumpets do?

I think Flynn has already been "let off the hook" in return for testimony

Why would our president be worried?

And yet even the plea he made has no bearing on anything to do with Trump....

The Trump crime family is toast. You may want to start preparing yourself with a new set of talking points about how you didn't really support him anyway.

Their story will change to Flynn being a liar and untrustworthy

Especially after he testifies against others.

The Trump crime family is toast. You may want to start preparing yourself with a new set of talking points about how you didn't really support him anyway.

Tossing people under the bus is a time dishonored policy of Donald Trump, in his life, his business, and now in politics.

The tears will be tasty and refreshing as ever if mueller let's Flynn off the hook......why would he do that?

The Great Flynn Case Mystery

The only reason I can imagine why Judge Contreras was recused – note: did not recuse himself – is that he was a member of the FISC, the court that grants surveillance warrants under FISA. As the evidence mounts that the warrant was improperly granted, someone – perhaps the chief judge of the district – removed him from further participation in the case, likely because Contreras approved the warrant and its extension. If the warrant was improperly issued, all the evidence it garnered is tainted.

As to why the agreed upon delay, my thought is that Mueller wants to wait until the inspector general report so that, in a sense, his hands will be clean if the case is dropped, that he was compelled by the record to do so.

I missed it earlier, but on December 12 of last year, Judge Sullivan issued a tough demand of the prosecution. They are compelled immediately to turn over all exculpatory material in their possession to General Flynn. The last paragraph of the order is particularly strong:
-----------

In sum, as regards Judge Sullivan, the government has lost the presumption of ethical conduct, which many courts still afford prosecutors. Actions have consequences. But Mueller knew he'd have to provide exculpatory evidence to the defendant prior to the sentencing hearing, and it's hard to imagine that his big, well financed crew didn't have it in hand.

Unless, of course, as I suspect, the exculpatory evidence is being collected by the Office of the Inspector General. And if it is and is made public before the sentencing hearing, Mueller will have hands-off reason to dismiss the case, without anyone being able to credibly charge that he threw it.

Update: And what sort of eculatory evidence could have been withheld? According to Byron York in the Examiner:

In March 2017, then-FBI Director James Comey briefed a number of Capitol Hill lawmakers on the Trump-Russia investigation. One topic of intense interest was the case of Michael Flynn, the Trump White House national security adviser who resigned under pressure on Feb. 13 after just 24 days in the job. (snip)

According to two sources familiar with the meetings, Comey told lawmakers that the FBI agents who interviewed Flynn did not believe that Flynn had lied to them, or that any inaccuracies in his answers were intentional. As a result, some of those in attendance came away with the impression that Flynn would not be charged with a crime pertaining to the Jan. 24 interview.
The NRA are a bunch of cowards. :biggrin:
Typical of a dumb fucking liberal, instead of debating the article, you squirrel off with some bullshit statement. As for bunch of cowards, any fucking time you FEEL that you want to come up to one of us NRA members and get in our face, see what happens to you asshats.
You're going to shoot me? Wow! Such a tough guy. :biggrin:

The tears will be tasty and refreshing as ever if mueller let's Flynn off the hook......why would he do that?

The only reason I can imagine why Judge Contreras was recused – note: did not recuse himself – is that he was a member of the FISC, the court that grants surveillance warrants under FISA. As the evidence mounts that the warrant was improperly granted, someone – perhaps the chief judge of the district – removed him from further participation in the case, likely because Contreras approved the warrant and its extension. If the warrant was improperly issued, all the evidence it garnered is tainted.

As to why the agreed upon delay, my thought is that Mueller wants to wait until the inspector general report so that, in a sense, his hands will be clean if the case is dropped, that he was compelled by the record to do so.

I missed it earlier, but on December 12 of last year, Judge Sullivan issued a tough demand of the prosecution. They are compelled immediately to turn over all exculpatory material in their possession to General Flynn. The last paragraph of the order is particularly strong:
-----------

In sum, as regards Judge Sullivan, the government has lost the presumption of ethical conduct, which many courts still afford prosecutors. Actions have consequences. But Mueller knew he'd have to provide exculpatory evidence to the defendant prior to the sentencing hearing, and it's hard to imagine that his big, well financed crew didn't have it in hand.

Unless, of course, as I suspect, the exculpatory evidence is being collected by the Office of the Inspector General. And if it is and is made public before the sentencing hearing, Mueller will have hands-off reason to dismiss the case, without anyone being able to credibly charge that he threw it.

Update: And what sort of eculatory evidence could have been withheld? According to Byron York in the Examiner:

In March 2017, then-FBI Director James Comey briefed a number of Capitol Hill lawmakers on the Trump-Russia investigation. One topic of intense interest was the case of Michael Flynn, the Trump White House national security adviser who resigned under pressure on Feb. 13 after just 24 days in the job. (snip)

According to two sources familiar with the meetings, Comey told lawmakers that the FBI agents who interviewed Flynn did not believe that Flynn had lied to them, or that any inaccuracies in his answers were intentional. As a result, some of those in attendance came away with the impression that Flynn would not be charged with a crime pertaining to the Jan. 24 interview.
Typical of a dumb fucking liberal, instead of debating the article, you squirrel off with some bullshit statement. As for bunch of cowards, any fucking time you FEEL that you want to come up to one of us NRA members and get in our face, see what happens to you asshats.
Did I say that? Seems you think we only need guns to defend ourselves from shits like you... Such stupid people who vote Democrat.

Flynn is positioning to withdraw his guilty plea. Mueller knows this and delayed sentencing pending withdrawal.

Tossing people under the bus is a time dishonored policy of Donald Trump, in his life, his business, and now in politics.
COULD YOU TRY TO BE MORE TROLLHOLISH? IT'S JUST NOT THAT OBVIOUS.

Come back and troll us some more next week.

Same Troll Channel
Same Troll Time!

Flynn is positioning to withdraw his guilty plea. Mueller knows this and delayed sentencing pending withdrawal.

Can you actually withdraw a plea once it has been approved?

Do you really think Flynn will leave himself open to prosecution on ALL his crimes?

It could be dropped, if Flynn cooperates fully and gives them solid information....
Flynn can give them quite a few names I suppose, and should.
Let me list them for you.

• Chris Steele
  • Shearer
  • Blumenthal
  • Kerry
  • Clinton
  • Obama
  • Schultz
  • Simpson
  • Yates
  • Comey
  • McCabe
  • Ohr
  • Page
  • Strozk
  • Baker
  • Zelinksy
  • Rybiki
  • Rosenstein
Yes Comrade that is 18 of your Comrades who are now caught up in the FISA Gate Scandal. And wait until the fun starts when the prosecutions begin.

It will look like the Nuremberg Trials.

-----------

Did I say that? Seems you think we only need guns to defend ourselves from shits like you... Such stupid people who vote Democrat.
Libertarian, sorry, you're wrong again. You must be used to that though.

It could be dropped, if Flynn cooperates fully and gives them solid information....

Doubtful, Flynn will be lucky to get probation without being placed in custody, if and only if he is 100% honest in assisting the probe of Russian efforts to undermine democracy. NO MATTER WHERE IT LEADS!

Q. Why do many posters seek to protect Trump before defending our democracy?

A.
Wait, what crime did Flynn Commit?
And why has he been walking free for nearly two years now?

You are incredibly stupid.

The sentencing was originally postponed because Flynn’s sentence will be based on his level of cooperation with the FBI. Postponing the sentence may indicate that the FBI isn’t ready yet to pass judgement on that cooperation.

Right wingers here keep suggesting that Flynn will walk. No he won’t. You can’t appeal a guilty plea, unless there are misreprentations by the prosecution.

-----------

Sure don't act libertarian, but more like new liberal..

Ever since Flynn was flipped, Trump's zealots, in the media and in Congress have frantically attacking the Mueller's investigation and America's governmental law units with tinfoil conspiracy theories.
Why did Flynn's decision to cooperate with Mueller make Trump, his media supporters, his puppets in congress and his little Trumpsters heads explode, within a few hours of the Flynn announcement? Inquiring minds want to know?

Ever since Flynn was flipped, Trump's zealots, in the media and in Congress have frantically attacking the Mueller's investigation and America's governmental law units with tinfoil conspiracy theories.
Why did Flynn's decision to cooperate with Mueller make Trump, his media supporters, his puppets in congress and his little Trumpsters heads explode, within a few hours of the Flynn announcement? Inquiring minds want to know?
What is Donald Trump accused of again?

I was just laughing at 2aguy because he usually starts threads about guns. :lol:

-----------

Flynn is negotiating a piea deal to keep his son out of prison.

Come out of your cave.

The only problem with that view, is that a person has to raise that point as a defense, either at trial or on appeal. Flynn and his lawyer signed off that Flynn made no such claim, and that they accepted a verdict of guilty, and waived all rights to appeal,.

Yeah.....I don't think that will hold up if they used illegal methods to force him to sign the agreement....
well we learned yesterday that Flynn never lied. Comey stated so. I heard that the reason why Flynn plead guilty is something else in his life that has nothing to do whatsoever with the government. He took the lesser charge of lying that he actually didn't do. Can't make this shit up. I'm just saying.

I was just laughing at 2aguy because he usually starts threads about guns. :lol:
Oh, my mistake then.

What is Donald Trump accused of again?

Considering, the Mueller investigation has not finished the investigation, nothing yet. Mueller's team has kept a very good lid on what they are exactly doing, it's driving Trump and his puppets absolutely berserk.
Your question, is like asking Olympian Bobsledder, what their time was going to be, before they made their run.
Now, instead of not answering my question, why not give it a try.

The only problem with that view, is that a person has to raise that point as a defense, either at trial or on appeal. Flynn and his lawyer signed off that Flynn made no such claim, and that they accepted a verdict of guilty, and waived all rights to appeal,.

Yeah.....I don't think that will hold up if they used illegal methods to force him to sign the agreement....

Flynn was represented by a lawyer. Both Flynn and his lawyer signed off on the agreement. There was no coercion, Flynn got his 6th amendment rights.
he didn't lie. FBI said so.

Forum List

Back