Will the case against General Flynn be dropped? What will the left wingers and anti trumpets do?

The tears will be tasty and refreshing as ever if mueller let's Flynn off the hook......why would he do that?

The Great Flynn Case Mystery

The only reason I can imagine why Judge Contreras was recused – note: did not recuse himself – is that he was a member of the FISC, the court that grants surveillance warrants under FISA. As the evidence mounts that the warrant was improperly granted, someone – perhaps the chief judge of the district – removed him from further participation in the case, likely because Contreras approved the warrant and its extension. If the warrant was improperly issued, all the evidence it garnered is tainted.

As to why the agreed upon delay, my thought is that Mueller wants to wait until the inspector general report so that, in a sense, his hands will be clean if the case is dropped, that he was compelled by the record to do so.

I missed it earlier, but on December 12 of last year, Judge Sullivan issued a tough demand of the prosecution. They are compelled immediately to turn over all exculpatory material in their possession to General Flynn. The last paragraph of the order is particularly strong:
-----------

In sum, as regards Judge Sullivan, the government has lost the presumption of ethical conduct, which many courts still afford prosecutors. Actions have consequences. But Mueller knew he'd have to provide exculpatory evidence to the defendant prior to the sentencing hearing, and it's hard to imagine that his big, well financed crew didn't have it in hand.

Unless, of course, as I suspect, the exculpatory evidence is being collected by the Office of the Inspector General. And if it is and is made public before the sentencing hearing, Mueller will have hands-off reason to dismiss the case, without anyone being able to credibly charge that he threw it.

Update: And what sort of eculatory evidence could have been withheld? According to Byron York in the Examiner:

In March 2017, then-FBI Director James Comey briefed a number of Capitol Hill lawmakers on the Trump-Russia investigation. One topic of intense interest was the case of Michael Flynn, the Trump White House national security adviser who resigned under pressure on Feb. 13 after just 24 days in the job. (snip)

According to two sources familiar with the meetings, Comey told lawmakers that the FBI agents who interviewed Flynn did not believe that Flynn had lied to them, or that any inaccuracies in his answers were intentional. As a result, some of those in attendance came away with the impression that Flynn would not be charged with a crime pertaining to the Jan. 24 interview.

for the millionth time... HE ALREADY TOOK A PLEA YOU BRAIN DEAD TARD.

no one is dropping anything.

:rofl:

Did I say that? Seems you think we only need guns to defend ourselves from shits like you... Such stupid people who vote Democrat.

What else do you have to defend yourself against words? You sure haven't ever posted anything to prove you can think for yourself rationally or put yourself in the shoes of others (by the way, putting yourself in someone's shoes is not to be taken literally - it simply means having empathy for others).

except trump eh?

Too short ^^^ for his traditional idiot-gram. Will someone who reads and comprehends gibberish please translate?

so you don't want to be in Trump's shoes and show empathy right? LOL you are one fking stupid person.

Not wanting to walk in Trump's shoes is stupid, good to know; as for empathy I have zero empathy for Trump, he is not only inept, incompetent and unfit for the job, he is also a sociopathic, narcissistic bully, and these are not his worst character flaws.

and those are his good qualities.

The tears will be tasty and refreshing as ever if mueller let's Flynn off the hook......why would he do that?

The only reason I can imagine why Judge Contreras was recused – note: did not recuse himself – is that he was a member of the FISC, the court that grants surveillance warrants under FISA. As the evidence mounts that the warrant was improperly granted, someone – perhaps the chief judge of the district – removed him from further participation in the case, likely because Contreras approved the warrant and its extension. If the warrant was improperly issued, all the evidence it garnered is tainted.
The only problem with that view, is that a person has to raise that point as a defense, either at trial or on appeal. Flynn and his lawyer signed off that Flynn made no such claim, and that they accepted a verdict of guilty, and waived all rights to appeal,.

They can argue around that if mueller withheld certain information.

I think Flynn has already been "let off the hook" in return for testimony

Why would our president be worried?

If mueller had any intention to have Flynn testify he wouldn’t have pled Flynn to a crimen falsi.

Either that or he is completely incompetent

what are you talking about idiota?

Flynn hasn't been sentenced.

and he won't be until he testifies against everyone he agreed to testify against.

but nice little rant. :thup:

The only problem with that view, is that a person has to raise that point as a defense, either at trial or on appeal. Flynn and his lawyer signed off that Flynn made no such claim, and that they accepted a verdict of guilty, and waived all rights to appeal,.

only rightwingnut trumploons are saying that. you have not heard that from Flynn's people.

and no one withheld anything.

stop making up insane nonsense.

As to why the agreed upon delay, my thought is that Mueller wants to wait until the inspector general report so that, in a sense, his hands will be clean if the case is dropped, that he was compelled by the record to do so.

I missed it earlier, but on December 12 of last year, Judge Sullivan issued a tough demand of the prosecution. They are compelled immediately to turn over all exculpatory material in their possession to General Flynn. The last paragraph of the order is particularly strong:
-----------

In sum, as regards Judge Sullivan, the government has lost the presumption of ethical conduct, which many courts still afford prosecutors. Actions have consequences. But Mueller knew he'd have to provide exculpatory evidence to the defendant prior to the sentencing hearing, and it's hard to imagine that his big, well financed crew didn't have it in hand.

Unless, of course, as I suspect, the exculpatory evidence is being collected by the Office of the Inspector General. And if it is and is made public before the sentencing hearing, Mueller will have hands-off reason to dismiss the case, without anyone being able to credibly charge that he threw it.

Update: And what sort of eculatory evidence could have been withheld? According to Byron York in the Examiner:

In March 2017, then-FBI Director James Comey briefed a number of Capitol Hill lawmakers on the Trump-Russia investigation. One topic of intense interest was the case of Michael Flynn, the Trump White House national security adviser who resigned under pressure on Feb. 13 after just 24 days in the job. (snip)

According to two sources familiar with the meetings, Comey told lawmakers that the FBI agents who interviewed Flynn did not believe that Flynn had lied to them, or that any inaccuracies in his answers were intentional. As a result, some of those in attendance came away with the impression that Flynn would not be charged with a crime pertaining to the Jan. 24 interview.

And if you were at all familiar with criminal law you would know pleas can be withdrawn prior to sentencing

-----------

And if you were at all familiar with criminal law you would know pleas can be withdrawn prior to sentencing

I do know that.

please present evidence that Flynn asking that his plea be vacated is being contemplated anywhere besides the febrile delusions of trumptards.

If mueller had any intention to have Flynn testify he wouldn’t have pled Flynn to a crimen falsi.

That is how it works

Allow Flynn to plea to lesser charges in return for his testimony
If Flynn backs out, the deal is off

They may have to put Flynn in witness protection to protect him from Trump's wrath

6AE2DFB4-F4B6-483A-8075-7F7DE646BCC8.jpeg

-----------

Your source American Thinker is one of the most far right sites totally in Trump’s corner.
Nothing they say can be believed.
Flynn is cooperating with the investigation and he knows where the bodies are buried so to speak.
Be afraid, be very afraid.

Attachments

• 167AE4FA-794F-4B0D-8DA6-967A6BE18DA5.jpeg
    167AE4FA-794F-4B0D-8DA6-967A6BE18DA5.jpeg
    101.9 KB · Views: 17

only rightwingnut trumploons are saying that. you have not heard that from Flynn's people.

You mean like the the fact that the FBI director, James Comey, testified under oath that Flynn didn’t lie?

Or the fact that the FBI agent who interviewed Flynn stated he didn’t lie?

Or the fact that this entire case based off illegal surveillance?

His attorneys should be filing motions just to cover their ass right now.

Again you should be aware of this

Yes I've been saying for two months now Flynn will walk with no charges...Mueller knows the jig is up...
Mueller charged Flynn with crimes he committed but you think he’ll walk. Lol
He could have been charged with much greater crimes if he didn’t agree to cooperate.

Did I say that? Seems you think we only need guns to defend ourselves from shits like you... Such stupid people who vote Democrat.

What else do you have to defend yourself against words? You sure haven't ever posted anything to prove you can think for yourself rationally or put yourself in the shoes of others (by the way, putting yourself in someone's shoes is not to be taken literally - it simply means having empathy for others).

except trump eh?

Too short ^^^ for his traditional idiot-gram. Will someone who reads and comprehends gibberish please translate?

so you don't want to be in Trump's shoes and show empathy right? LOL you are one fking stupid person.

Not wanting to walk in Trump's shoes is stupid, good to know; as for empathy I have zero empathy for Trump, he is not only inept, incompetent and unfit for the job, he is also a sociopathic, narcissistic bully, and these are not his worst character flaws.

I see a lot of folks feel this way, and I wonder how, based on what?

Have they met him?

What has he done to make them feel this way?

Or is it how the MSM has spun stories?

You mean like the the fact that the FBI director, James Comey, testified under oath that Flynn didn’t lie?

Or the fact that the FBI agent who interviewed Flynn stated he didn’t lie?

Or the fact that this entire case based off illegal surveillance?

His attorneys should be filing motions just to cover their ass right now.

Again you should be aware of this
No the case is not based on illegal surveillance. Funny you believe the toady Nunes when the FBI said the memo was seriously flawed and omitted key information.
Sorry.
The investigation into the Trump Crime family will continue until Bob Mueller says it’s over and he releases his report that will have you fit to be tied.

except trump eh?

I see a lot of folks feel this way, and I wonder how, based on what?

Have they met him?

What has he done to make them feel this way?

Or is it how the MSM has spun stories?
All the info you doubt has been corroborated by the very people that work in the White House and with our own eyes and ears.
He is inept, incompetent and not fit for the job.
Every week there is a new scandal. We’re already on day 8 of the Porter scandal because Trump and Kelly lied about when they heard Porter was a wife abuser.
Our intelligence chiefs proved they lied today in the hearing.

That is how it works

Allow Flynn to plea to lesser charges in return for his testimony
If Flynn backs out, the deal is off

They may have to put Flynn in witness protection to protect him from Trump's wrath

Not listening are you?

If you want to plead someone out to a lesser charge in exchange for testimony you never plead them out to a crimen falsi before they testify.

A criminal conviction for lying destroys their credibility as a witness. The defense can absolutely destroy them.

You either plead them out to a charge that isn’t a crimen falsi so that charge may not be used in cross or you make a proffer to plead them out after the testimony is given.

Flynn will never be testifying. He was never meant to

Why would USMB "conservatives" want Flynn to walk? He ran to the Russians the moment the sanctions were announced last December. His loyalty was to Russia.

Really puzzling.

How does one walk from a guilty plea? When both he and his lawyer agreed in return he would cooperate, and waive all appeal rights.
He can pull his plea and he will when his lawyers find out he didn't lie and that the FBI knows he didn't lie...Mueller will drop his charges...

Mueller charged Flynn with crimes he committed but you think he’ll walk. Lol
He could have been charged with much greater crimes if he didn’t agree to cooperate.

Oh, hogwash. The charges against Flynn are shameful. Even liberal Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz has admitted that Mueller's case against Flynn is dishonorable and selective.

Forum List

Back