Will the case against General Flynn be dropped? What will the left wingers and anti trumpets do?

The tears will be tasty and refreshing as ever if mueller let's Flynn off the hook......why would he do that?

The Great Flynn Case Mystery

The only reason I can imagine why Judge Contreras was recused – note: did not recuse himself – is that he was a member of the FISC, the court that grants surveillance warrants under FISA. As the evidence mounts that the warrant was improperly granted, someone – perhaps the chief judge of the district – removed him from further participation in the case, likely because Contreras approved the warrant and its extension. If the warrant was improperly issued, all the evidence it garnered is tainted.

As to why the agreed upon delay, my thought is that Mueller wants to wait until the inspector general report so that, in a sense, his hands will be clean if the case is dropped, that he was compelled by the record to do so.

I missed it earlier, but on December 12 of last year, Judge Sullivan issued a tough demand of the prosecution. They are compelled immediately to turn over all exculpatory material in their possession to General Flynn. The last paragraph of the order is particularly strong:
-----------

In sum, as regards Judge Sullivan, the government has lost the presumption of ethical conduct, which many courts still afford prosecutors. Actions have consequences. But Mueller knew he'd have to provide exculpatory evidence to the defendant prior to the sentencing hearing, and it's hard to imagine that his big, well financed crew didn't have it in hand.

Unless, of course, as I suspect, the exculpatory evidence is being collected by the Office of the Inspector General. And if it is and is made public before the sentencing hearing, Mueller will have hands-off reason to dismiss the case, without anyone being able to credibly charge that he threw it.

Update: And what sort of eculatory evidence could have been withheld? According to Byron York in the Examiner:

In March 2017, then-FBI Director James Comey briefed a number of Capitol Hill lawmakers on the Trump-Russia investigation. One topic of intense interest was the case of Michael Flynn, the Trump White House national security adviser who resigned under pressure on Feb. 13 after just 24 days in the job. (snip)

According to two sources familiar with the meetings, Comey told lawmakers that the FBI agents who interviewed Flynn did not believe that Flynn had lied to them, or that any inaccuracies in his answers were intentional. As a result, some of those in attendance came away with the impression that Flynn would not be charged with a crime pertaining to the Jan. 24 interview.
The NRA are a bunch of cowards. :biggrin:
Typical of a dumb fucking liberal, instead of debating the article, you squirrel off with some bullshit statement. As for bunch of cowards, any fucking time you FEEL that you want to come up to one of us NRA members and get in our face, see what happens to you asshats.
You're going to shoot me? Wow! Such a tough guy. :biggrin:
Did I say that? Seems you think we only need guns to defend ourselves from shits like you... Such stupid people who vote Democrat.

What else do you have to defend yourself against words? You sure haven't ever posted anything to prove you can think for yourself rationally or put yourself in the shoes of others (by the way, putting yourself in someone's shoes is not to be taken literally - it simply means having empathy for others).

The tears will be tasty and refreshing as ever if mueller let's Flynn off the hook......why would he do that?

The only reason I can imagine why Judge Contreras was recused – note: did not recuse himself – is that he was a member of the FISC, the court that grants surveillance warrants under FISA. As the evidence mounts that the warrant was improperly granted, someone – perhaps the chief judge of the district – removed him from further participation in the case, likely because Contreras approved the warrant and its extension. If the warrant was improperly issued, all the evidence it garnered is tainted.

As to why the agreed upon delay, my thought is that Mueller wants to wait until the inspector general report so that, in a sense, his hands will be clean if the case is dropped, that he was compelled by the record to do so.

I missed it earlier, but on December 12 of last year, Judge Sullivan issued a tough demand of the prosecution. They are compelled immediately to turn over all exculpatory material in their possession to General Flynn. The last paragraph of the order is particularly strong:
-----------

In sum, as regards Judge Sullivan, the government has lost the presumption of ethical conduct, which many courts still afford prosecutors. Actions have consequences. But Mueller knew he'd have to provide exculpatory evidence to the defendant prior to the sentencing hearing, and it's hard to imagine that his big, well financed crew didn't have it in hand.

Unless, of course, as I suspect, the exculpatory evidence is being collected by the Office of the Inspector General. And if it is and is made public before the sentencing hearing, Mueller will have hands-off reason to dismiss the case, without anyone being able to credibly charge that he threw it.

Update: And what sort of eculatory evidence could have been withheld? According to Byron York in the Examiner:

In March 2017, then-FBI Director James Comey briefed a number of Capitol Hill lawmakers on the Trump-Russia investigation. One topic of intense interest was the case of Michael Flynn, the Trump White House national security adviser who resigned under pressure on Feb. 13 after just 24 days in the job. (snip)

According to two sources familiar with the meetings, Comey told lawmakers that the FBI agents who interviewed Flynn did not believe that Flynn had lied to them, or that any inaccuracies in his answers were intentional. As a result, some of those in attendance came away with the impression that Flynn would not be charged with a crime pertaining to the Jan. 24 interview.
Typical of a dumb fucking liberal, instead of debating the article, you squirrel off with some bullshit statement. As for bunch of cowards, any fucking time you FEEL that you want to come up to one of us NRA members and get in our face, see what happens to you asshats.
Did I say that? Seems you think we only need guns to defend ourselves from shits like you... Such stupid people who vote Democrat.

What else do you have to defend yourself against words? You sure haven't ever posted anything to prove you can think for yourself rationally or put yourself in the shoes of others (by the way, putting yourself in someone's shoes is not to be taken literally - it simply means having empathy for others).
You can always whinee, but I didn't need to tell you that.

It could be dropped, if Flynn cooperates fully and gives them solid information....

Doubtful, Flynn will be lucky to get probation without being placed in custody, if and only if he is 100% honest in assisting the probe of Russian efforts to undermine democracy. NO MATTER WHERE IT LEADS!

Q. Why do many posters seek to protect Trump before defending our democracy?

A.
Wait, what crime did Flynn Commit?
And why has he been walking free for nearly two years now?

What we in the business call Felony Stupid. He lied to the FBI, likely Misprision.

-----------

Like all that empathy you showed for people who knew that THE RUSSIAN HOAX was just that?
Like all that empathy you showed others while you joyfully spouted Russian Propaganda much to the delight of your butt puppet master, Vladimir Putin?
Like all that Empathy you showed President Trump as The Left & the Leftist Media mercilessly tried to crucify him with Lie after Lie after Lie?

Give me a break.

These are the only shoes I can ever imagine you putting yourself in to.
39_istock_000040869644_small.jpg

The only problem with that view, is that a person has to raise that point as a defense, either at trial or on appeal. Flynn and his lawyer signed off that Flynn made no such claim, and that they accepted a verdict of guilty, and waived all rights to appeal,.

Yeah.....I don't think that will hold up if they used illegal methods to force him to sign the agreement....
well we learned yesterday that Flynn never lied. Comey stated so. I heard that the reason why Flynn plead guilty is something else in his life that has nothing to do whatsoever with the government. He took the lesser charge of lying that he actually didn't do. Can't make this shit up. I'm just saying.

I am wondering if he Mueller got him on "inaccuracies" that weee according to the FBI unintentional.

So Mueller practically bankrupted Flynn which forced him to plea. If that is the case he might be able to withdraw.

It could be dropped, if Flynn cooperates fully and gives them solid information....

Doubtful, Flynn will be lucky to get probation without being placed in custody, if and only if he is 100% honest in assisting the probe of Russian efforts to undermine democracy. NO MATTER WHERE IT LEADS!

A.

What we in the business call Felony Stupid. He lied to the FBI, likely Misprision.
If he committed a Felony, why is he walking around FREE?

If he actually committed a Felony, why hasn't he been sentenced yet?
It's been over a year.

If he actually committed a Felony, then why did THE FBI Contradict the DOJ and said he did not lie?

Comey sent Martha Stewart to jail for doing one 10th of what Clinton has done with Clinton's insider trading schemes.

Stewart allegedly lied to The FBI, and got sent away for a long time. For 5 months.

Stewart is probably the only person Comey sent to jail in his entire life.

So again, please explain to me why Flynn isn't in prison...

Last edited:

-----------

except trump eh?

A.

It's been over a year.

If he actually committed a Felony, then why did THE FBI Contradict the DOJ and said he did not lie?

Comey sent Martha Stewart to jail for doing one 10th of what Clinton has done with Clinton's insider trading schemes.

Stewart allegedly lied to The FBI, and got sent away for a long time. For 5 months.

It's the Art of the Deal. Martha Stewart was punished for doing what members of Congress seem to do.

How can someone become a multi-millionaire on the salary of a member of Congress:? Non ranking members earn $174,000 per year.

The only problem with that view, is that a person has to raise that point as a defense, either at trial or on appeal. Flynn and his lawyer signed off that Flynn made no such claim, and that they accepted a verdict of guilty, and waived all rights to appeal,.

Yeah.....I don't think that will hold up if they used illegal methods to force him to sign the agreement....
well we learned yesterday that Flynn never lied. Comey stated so. I heard that the reason why Flynn plead guilty is something else in his life that has nothing to do whatsoever with the government. He took the lesser charge of lying that he actually didn't do. Can't make this shit up. I'm just saying.

I am wondering if he Mueller got him on "inaccuracies" that weee according to the FBI unintentional.

So Mueller practically bankrupted Flynn which forced him to plea. If that is the case he might be able to withdraw.
no, he didn't. It has to be something that has lingered in his background for some time. It's what I heard. But he wasn't accused of lying.

except trump eh?

Too short ^^^ for his traditional idiot-gram. Will someone who reads and comprehends gibberish please translate?

A.

It's been over a year.

Mueller didn't and still doesn't care about Flynn. The Flynn gulity plea was about Mueller justifying his job and to give the loons some sort of hope.

If Flynn had something he would have plead to a more serious charge. Plus why would Flynn be honest with the FBI, but lie to Mueller?

except trump eh?

Too short ^^^ for his traditional idiot-gram. Will someone who reads and comprehends gibberish please translate?
so you don't want to be in Trump's shoes and show empathy right? LOL you are one fking stupid person.

A.

It's been over a year.

Mueller didn't and still doesn't care about Flynn. The Flynn gulity plea was about Mueller justifying his job and to give the loons some sort of hope.

If Flynn had something he would have plead to a more serious charge. Plus why would Flynn be honest with the FBI, but lie to Mueller?
well he was charged for lying to the FBI, not Mueller. duh

A.

It's been over a year.

Oh. I miss remembered. That makes it worse then. Mueller is essentially charging Flynn after he was cleared

except trump eh?

so you don't want to be in Trump's shoes and show empathy right? LOL you are one fking stupid person.
that there's what you call a gotcha moment.

It's been over a year.

Oh. I miss remembered. That makes it worse then. Mueller is essentially charging Flynn after he was cleared
ding, ding, ding!!!!!!! The FBI were actually honest for a moment. So now one must wonder what the fk is this about then? Faked dossier, bad warrant and now lying about someone lying. hly fk can one get any more fked up as an investigator?

Fruit of the poisonous tree is a legal metaphor in the United States used to describe evidence that is obtained illegally. The logic of the terminology is that if the source (the "tree") of the evidence or evidence itself is tainted, then anything gained (the "fruit") from it is tainted as well.

It really isn't complicated in this case....

-----------

schumer tearshdhd.jpg

except trump eh?

Not wanting to walk in Trump's shoes is stupid, good to know; as for empathy I have zero empathy for Trump, he is not only inept, incompetent and unfit for the job, he is also a sociopathic, narcissistic bully, and these are not his worst character flaws.

I think Flynn has already been "let off the hook" in return for testimony

Why would our president be worried?

If mueller had any intention to have Flynn testify he wouldn’t have pled Flynn to a crimen falsi.

Either that or he is completely incompetent

Forum List

Back