Will we ever have single payer health care in this country?

single payer healthcare??

• Total voters
/----/ The best Single Payer is: You buy it - You pay for it.
They give simplistic dipshits like yourself little bullet points to parrot because you have the intellectual bandwidth of a bumper sticker.

But there is a reality which is going to crush you submissive dumb fucks under its wheels:

]
2013-09-Health-Care-Costs3.png
/----/ No one gave me any talking points. I'm old enough to remember when a person could buy health insurance like car insurance - you bought it and you paid for it.
And how has that been working out as the cost of health has increased over 800 percent in the past 50 years?

I'll tell you. More and more Americans have been priced out of the market. They can't pay for insurance they can't afford.

And so all the sloganeering in the world will not stand up to the truth of that chart. Americans are getting plowed under by reality, and since the Republican plan this entire time has been to do NOTHING, then it is just a matter of time before a majority cry out for single payer.

It is the apathy of people like you which will ensure that happens.

You idiots should be asking yourselves why the GOP or Trump have not come up with a replacement for Obamacare after NINE YEARS since its enactment.

You've been fucking hoaxed. Massively hoaxed. By Trump, by McConnell, by Boehner, and by Ryan. And you STILL have not woken up to that fact.

So here comes single payer whether you like it or not, and you are as much to blame as any goddam commie Democrat.

And, once again, you don't address valid point of the argument. Once again, you and others leave out the most important aspects and facts to argue over political points than what actually is the causation of, and therefore the answer to, skyrocketing cost of healthcare insurance.
In the end, it does not matter. What matters is the fact the Republicans and Trump have offered NOTHING to solve the problem.

Meanwhile, the Democrats have been telegraphing for decades their intention to enact socialized medicine.

So it does not matter if the rising costs are caused by Martians. When one party's response to a problem is NOTHING, and the other party's plan is SOMETHING, then the American people will inevitably choose SOMETHING over NOTHING.

All caught up now?
As a result of their conditioning, the Right remains stuck in this binary, all-or-nothing, win or lose mentality, and this topic is a great example.

So if they "lose" and we end up with Single Payer, the only people they'll be able to blame is themselves.

They won't, of course.

What I wonder is whether they'll wish they had compromised on this.

30M people without healthcare is already "fuck what the people think". And your "Obama"care approach was hatched at The Heritage Foundation; Romney rolled it out in MA.

Who are the far less than 10% of our population that have no health insurance?

How did Obamacare work out for Massachusetts?

And BTW g5000.... the Democrats sat on their asses for decades as well. And went right along with the game that allowed insurance companies to take over the system. And they are wholly bought by the sugar and Big pharma/sugar/Agri lobbyist to ignore the diet issues.
And then...wait for it...they have a SUPER MAJORITY - and they come up with a plan that cost the system even more than before and doesn't address one f*cking problem and let's Big Pharma off with a kiss and provides insurance companies guaranteed revenues.

BUT - BUT - it is the Republicans fault for not replacing said legislation.
That's rich

This fixation on 'replacing' something that shouldn't have been there in the first place simply makes no sense. There are things government can do to alleviate the damage it's doing to the health care market, but the word "replace" implies substituting something similar, something that does roughly the same things. That should be rejected outright.

They give simplistic dipshits like yourself little bullet points to parrot because you have the intellectual bandwidth of a bumper sticker.

But there is a reality which is going to crush you submissive dumb fucks under its wheels:

]
2013-09-Health-Care-Costs3.png
/----/ No one gave me any talking points. I'm old enough to remember when a person could buy health insurance like car insurance - you bought it and you paid for it.
And how has that been working out as the cost of health has increased over 800 percent in the past 50 years?

I'll tell you. More and more Americans have been priced out of the market. They can't pay for insurance they can't afford.

And so all the sloganeering in the world will not stand up to the truth of that chart. Americans are getting plowed under by reality, and since the Republican plan this entire time has been to do NOTHING, then it is just a matter of time before a majority cry out for single payer.

It is the apathy of people like you which will ensure that happens.

You idiots should be asking yourselves why the GOP or Trump have not come up with a replacement for Obamacare after NINE YEARS since its enactment.

You've been fucking hoaxed. Massively hoaxed. By Trump, by McConnell, by Boehner, and by Ryan. And you STILL have not woken up to that fact.

So here comes single payer whether you like it or not, and you are as much to blame as any goddam commie Democrat.

And, once again, you don't address valid point of the argument. Once again, you and others leave out the most important aspects and facts to argue over political points than what actually is the causation of, and therefore the answer to, skyrocketing cost of healthcare insurance.
In the end, it does not matter. What matters is the fact the Republicans and Trump have offered NOTHING to solve the problem.

Meanwhile, the Democrats have been telegraphing for decades their intention to enact socialized medicine.

So it does not matter if the rising costs are caused by Martians. When one party's response to a problem is NOTHING, and the other party's plan is SOMETHING, then the American people will inevitably choose SOMETHING over NOTHING.

All caught up now?
As a result of their conditioning, the Right remains stuck in this binary, all-or-nothing, win or lose mentality, and this topic is a great example.

So if they "lose" and we end up with Single Payer, the only people they'll be able to blame is themselves.

They won't, of course.

What I wonder is whether they'll wish they had compromised on this.
/——/ Single payer like the VA. No thanks

They'd probably need a filibuster proof majority in the Senate. That's the only reason they got ObamaCare passed and that large of a majority only happens every few generations, but yes, I think ultimately in the future we probably will because the public is ignorant when it comes to basic economics.
Basic economics says single payer will save us money.

At what cost?

They'd probably need a filibuster proof majority in the Senate. That's the only reason they got ObamaCare passed and that large of a majority only happens every few generations, but yes, I think ultimately in the future we probably will because the public is ignorant when it comes to basic economics.

I’ll bite.

Walk us through the math, specifically...using numbers.

I’ll bite.

I think by "us" he means the insurance industry.

I’ll bite.

I think by "us" he means the insurance industry.
Yup.

Not real simple. The government will take ownership of all the hospitals. All those employees will become employed by the government. The government will set all pricing and determine all procedures. Research and development - gone.

Again, except for the United Kingdom, most countries with single payer, Hospitals are private entities. So you'd be wrong again.

I think this would be the best approach. I trained on the plans for many years so that I could guide clients. I was the financial guy in the room for one of the main Medicare Advantage plan providers for many years as the plans were assembled, piece by piece, benefit by benefit, county by county in my state. I know the strengths and weaknesses of the system, and I know how easily this could be done.

I think this is just another political matter, and it's hurting us.

Again, Vichy Mac, big insurance isn't the solution, they are the problem. Get them out of the picture, 90% of the problems are solved.

THE REST OF THE WORLD HAS FIGURED THIS OUT!!!!

CLEARLY! :D The countries whose health care you lust for, say Canada and Great Britain, they too have supplemental health insurance and private, cash only, physicians.

I'm sure they do, what's your point?

They don't spend as much as we do, but they have longer life expectancy, lower infant mortality rates and they don't have 63% of bankruptcies linked to medical crisis.

No cherry picking, just took a figure that was easy to work with and below my earnings alone without my wife, a PA.

Do you believe that Americans would accept the waiting lists and unavailable treatment in Canada?

We're a very rich nation, we can afford to spend for our superior health care.

Except our health care is shit compared to Canada and other nations...

We have the lowest life expectancy in the industrialized world.
We have the highest infant mortality rate in the industrialized world.
We have 62% of bankruptcies linked to medical crisis.

And, no 'waiting lists' are a myth promoted by the insurance industry...

And BTW g5000.... the Democrats sat on their asses for decades as well. And went right along with the game that allowed insurance companies to take over the system. And they are wholly bought by the sugar and Big pharma/sugar/Agri lobbyist to ignore the diet issues.
And then...wait for it...they have a SUPER MAJORITY - and they come up with a plan that cost the system even more than before and doesn't address one f*cking problem and let's Big Pharma off with a kiss and provides insurance companies guaranteed revenues.

That's rich
No, the Democrats did not sit on their asses. They have been advocating for "socialized medicine" the entire time. That was Teddy Kennedy's trademark.

They have been biding their time, waiting for their moment. And that moment is rapidly approaching.

What you dumb rubes have not caught onto, incredibly, is that the Republicans sold us all down the river to the Democrats on health care a long, long, long time ago.

I've been telling you since I got here that all those 60-odd Obamacare repeals they passed while Obama was president were just theater for the rubes. And the tards scoffed.

But, gosh, once the GOP acquired ALL the power, they suddenly stopped passing Obamacare repeals!!!

So you can imagine as I try to figure out just how fucking stupid you dolts must be to STILL not have caught on you have been MASSIVELY hoaxed by now.

Incredible.
So just to recap your post:
1) Obamacare was bad legislation that was rushed through and did not address the actual problems.
2) Democrats passed some band-aid fixes that shuffled funds from Peter to Paul, but still didn't address any problems.
3) Democrats passed 60 fixes, but the system was still bankrupt and needed a constant cash infusion to stay alive because no one wanted it, and was not signing up to voluntarily prop up bad legislation.
4) State after state after state is failing and running short of money.

5) It's the Republicans fault for allowing the Dems to pass the monstrosity in the first place, was not interested in pushing the $$ goal post further and further and further to keep propping it up...all the while none of the actual problems were addressed by any of what the Dems passsed.

Damn Republicans

That's rich
No, the Democrats did not sit on their asses. They have been advocating for "socialized medicine" the entire time. That was Teddy Kennedy's trademark.

They have been biding their time, waiting for their moment. And that moment is rapidly approaching.

What you dumb rubes have not caught onto, incredibly, is that the Republicans sold us all down the river to the Democrats on health care a long, long, long time ago.

I've been telling you since I got here that all those 60-odd Obamacare repeals they passed while Obama was president were just theater for the rubes. And the tards scoffed.

But, gosh, once the GOP acquired ALL the power, they suddenly stopped passing Obamacare repeals!!!

So you can imagine as I try to figure out just how fucking stupid you dolts must be to STILL not have caught on you have been MASSIVELY hoaxed by now.

Incredible.
So just to recap your post:
1) Obamacare was bad legislation that was rushed through and did not address the actual problems.
2) Democrats passed some band-aid fixes that shuffled funds from Peter to Paul, but still didn't address any problems.
3) Democrats passed 60 fixes, but the system was still bankrupt and needed a constant cash infusion to stay alive because no one wanted it, and was not signing up to voluntarily prop up bad legislation.
4) State after state after state is failing and running short of money.

5) It's the Republicans fault for allowing the Dems to pass the monstrosity in the first place, was not interested in pushing the $$ goal post further and further and further to keep propping it up...all the while none of the actual problems were addressed by any of what the Dems passsed.

Damn Republicans
/----/ It's always Republicans fault for not stepping in and fixing democRATs idiotic programs.

Forum List

Back