Willie Nelson's 'virtual farm aid' raises $500,000 for U.S. farmers.

Willie could teach us all a lesson in civility.
I saw him play a show with Merle Haggard.
Even though they were at different ends of the political spectrum they put their differences aside for this tour.
The show was life changing for me.

Dont limit your horizons

I find something to like in many forms of music

i might even listen to peter gabriel if it was 55 minutes into Happy Hour
Who posted the Willie Nelson thread ?:icon_sjung:
You sounded rather critical of nelson in post #6

Not all country fans truly like his music....it's boring and repetitive.
Sitting through an entire Willie concert is like going to Six Flags
to spend the day with 3 kids under 6 in Kiddieland.

I'm a musician, so even though not professionally, I'm inherently critical of all sorts of music. While I have a general appreciation for all music, including country, rap, opera or whatever, as far as what influences me and what I play or listen to, I'm extremely particular.

So, in that respect, I'm my favorite musician, because I have the power to pick up a guitar and make my own music - play something different every day- that's my drug of choice in life.

And, honestly there are very, very few concerts I would pay today's prices to go to in any genres of music. #1 would be Joe Satriani I guess. My last concert was with my wife in Ft Worth - Metallica 1998.

Last edited:

I'm a musician, so even though not professionally, I'm inherently critical of all sorts of music. While I have a general appreciation for all music, including country, rap, opera or whatever, as far as what influences me and what I play or listen to, I'm extremely particular.

So, in that respect, I'm my favorite musician, because I have the power to pick up a guitar and make my own music - play something different every day- that's my drug of choice in life.

And, honestly there are very, very few concerts I would pay today's prices to go to in any genres of music. #1 would be Joe Satriani I guess. My last concert was with my wife in Ft Worth - Metallica 1998.
Not that a day with the kids at an amusement park would be so terrible. I truly miss those days....If you have children, cherish those moments because they go by unbelievably fast. And take lots of videos and pictures.
1587505574115.png

Funny thing about his music.
Most lefties,not Panchos Lefty,dont even like his music and consider it redneck music.
I second this. My favorite Willie material is actually his duets with other singers.

God bless you and him and his collaborators who are still here always!!!

Holly

P.S. "The Highwayman" and "Pancho And Lefty" are two of my favorites from him.

We have very different taste in music

but there is no right or wrong answer

Forum List

Back