🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Wind becomes No 2 power source in US, beating coal and nuclear

I think my favorite part of these discussions about alternative energy technologies is hearing the "skeptics" denigrate every single advance in the technology as being imperfect and unable to do the entire job of 100 years of fossil-fuel based energy infrastructure build out.

I wonder if the skeptics know how technology develops or if they think that the computer they are using today was exactly what the first personal computer was like. It just fell out of the sky on their desk fully formed.

For those who have worked in R&D science it is actually kind of funny to see the "skeptics" whine and wail. The folks who are sitting at their desks with piles of patent plaques are kind of snickering at the skeptics who complain about the failure of new tech to completely supplant old tech in a year.
False equivalence.

Nobody is forcing anyone to purchase and/or upgrade their computer equipment, let alone proposing doing so at the expense of those who didn't ask for it.

The flaws in your "reasoning" are only exceeded by those of your "science".

I posted up the 2022 EIA.gov report on renewable energy thus making this thread a strong nominee for....

Gold_Trophy.jpg

Nobody is forcing anyone to purchase and/or upgrade their computer equipment, let alone proposing doing so at the expense of those who didn't ask for it.

Then why did you do so?

The flaws in your "reasoning" are only exceeded by those of your "science".

Well, I just unwrapped the plaque for patent #22 (maybe #23? I lost count) so I'm guessing I have more insight into "innovation" than you do.

I think my favorite part of these discussions about alternative energy technologies is hearing the "skeptics" denigrate every single advance in the technology as being imperfect and unable to do the entire job of 100 years of fossil-fuel based energy infrastructure build out.
Not me. I welcome the predictable surprises of government controlling markets because it's worked out so well in the past. :)

Agreed. When summer comes around here we always like to bike into town rather than drive. During most of the year, though, I also drive a full electric car which I charge on my solar PV system at home, so it's all good.

I still have to have people tell me how evil it is to do it this way instead of burning oil.
Your stories are hilarious.

Then why did you do so?

Well, I just unwrapped the plaque for patent #22 (maybe #23? I lost count) so I'm guessing I have more insight into "innovation" than you do.

Suuuuuuure you did.

People who create don't have time to waste on message boards.

When I was actively working you wouldn't have caught me near one of these things.

Time, especially creative time, is far too precious.

Suuuuuuure you did.

When I was actively working you wouldn't have caught me near one of these things.

I was just thinking the exact same thing.

These silly fools are arguing with people who have actually done things. We are here because we are retired. I worked on LANDSAT 1, and other Remote Sensing technologies so I at least have a starting point for talking about the new stuff being worked on.

But these clowns are clueless. They don't even know the very basics.

Suuuuuuure you did.

Yup.

And people who don't know how long it takes to get a patent issued do!

How many patents did you get?

Well, for you, maybe. Some people are slow.

Geez. Why do you righties hate everything green? What’s the big deal to have wind create electricity. None of you fuckers own Exxon. Crazy I tell you. Crazy.

Unlike you I don't actually need you to believe or care about anything I've done. I know what I've done and that's good enough.

Now I'm going to blow your mind (so you can doubt it as well), but I'm also a registered patent agent with the US Patent and Trademark Office.

So I've seen patents from both sides: as an inventor and as an IP professional.

Unlike you I don't actually need you to believe or care about anything I've done. I know what I've done and that's good enough.

Now I'm going to blow your mind (so you can doubt it as well), but I'm also a registered patent agent with the US Patent and Trademark Office.

So I've seen patents from both sides: as an inventor and as an IP professional.
Who spends most of her work day posting in an online forum.

Geez. Why do you righties hate everything green? What’s the big deal to have wind create electricity. None of you fuckers own Exxon. Crazy I tell you. Crazy.

It is great for Homesteads.

Hydropower is called a renewable that is being opposed by leftists every year.

Again, cats kill ten times as many birds as windmills.

Maybe this is natural selection... The dumb birds are too stupid to avoid windmills...

Few large raptors are being killed by windmills. Far more are being killed by overdevelopment of their habitat.
It's not like you give a shit about them either way.
Wow... only 600 years? I guess that would be awesome if you live to be 601..

600 years ago, Columbus hadn't even travelled to America yet.
NUCLEAR POWER BOOGA BOOGA!!

You've been told to be afraid of nuclear power, so you are. It's that simple.

Forum List

Back