🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Wind becomes No 2 power source in US, beating coal and nuclear

That is a reasonable point. I'm sure cats kill many more songbirds and regular birds that live near neighborhoods. It is actually a good thing that many folks are picking on windmills for their impact on specific birds. It is a genuinely good sign when the Right wishes to stop people developing things because of harm to specific species.

I remember when they openly mocked things like water diversions that were intended to save small fish or amphibians. Now they are fierce defenders of animals who are negatively impacted by human activities.
And the left, who used to be fierce defenders of animals, suddenly don't care when large birds are killed by wind turbines.

Just this one day - Easter Sunday - let's pause a moment and mourn the millions of birds who will give their all that Xiden might brag - if he remembers to!

That depends on where you are. In most areas their populations are stable. But not all.

You're not very smart are you.

Well, since I can look things up and work on information, obviously brighter than you...

Their populations are unstable because of HABITAT DESTRUCTION, not because of windmills. If we said, "Let's shut down new oil drilling to protect the eagles", you'd be throwing a shit fit.

Geez. Why do you righties hate everything green? What’s the big deal to have wind create electricity. None of you fuckers own Exxon. Crazy I tell you. Crazy.

I think that it goes back to my theory that Conservatism is a form of Stockholm Syndrome. The One Percent/Wall Street/Big Business has been screwing them for years, but they've come to identify with their abusers.

Who spends most of her days posting in an online forum.

Um, yeah. Chenobyl. Fukushima... A little reasonable fear is healthy.

You know, unlike your unreasonable fear of black people.

Those plants were poorly designed from day one which was the fault of USSR and Japan meanwhile France who is the most invested had No serious nuclear disasters because they designed them competently it was mostly accidental the worst one in 1980 was a 4 scale out of 7.

LINK

Those plants were poorly designed from day one which was the fault of USSR and Japan meanwhile France who is the most invested had No serious nuclear disasters because they designed them competently it was mostly accidental the worst one in 1980 was a 4 scale out of 7.

I'm not sure the Japanese plant was "badly designed" as much as it was "unable to survive a major earthquake and tsunami"

We live in an uncertain world. Terrorism, natural disasters, human ineptitude, and the consequences when you mix those with "nuclear power" can be severe.

That said, I have no issue with investing more in nukes... just understand what the risks are.

Take for instance, the USS Enterprise (CVN-65), which can't be made into a museum ship because her 50 year old reactor has so irradiated the ship it's unsafe for tourists.

I'm not sure the Japanese plant was "badly designed" as much as it was "unable to survive a major earthquake and tsunami"

We live in an uncertain world. Terrorism, natural disasters, human ineptitude, and the consequences when you mix those with "nuclear power" can be severe.

That said, I have no issue with investing more in nukes... just understand what the risks are.

Take for instance, the USS Enterprise (CVN-65), which can't be made into a museum ship because her 50 year old reactor has so irradiated the ship it's unsafe for tourists.

Now see you make a good post here, the Japanese reactor big flaw which was STUPID because the pumps used to cool the reactors were easily shut down by water thus the core boiled over.

And the left, who used to be fierce defenders of animals, suddenly don't care when large birds are killed by wind turbines.

Actually you're wrong (as usual). We VERY MUCH do care.

If YOU actually care can I ask why you wish to burn something that contains just about every toxic metal known to mankind and then generates toxic ash which can (and has) polluted rivers in the US?

If the point is simply to score points against the left, fine, but if you don't want to be a hypocrite then maybe you need to stop looking at the motes in others' eyes and start looking at the beam in your own.

Actually you're wrong (as usual). We VERY MUCH do care.
And yet...you do nothing about it.
If YOU actually care can I ask why you wish to burn something that contains just about every toxic metal known to mankind and then generates toxic ash which can (and has) polluted rivers in the US?

If the point is simply to score points against the left, fine, but if you don't want to be a hypocrite then maybe you need to stop looking at the motes in others' eyes and start looking at the beam in your own.
If your outrage lets you excuse your own hypocrisy, go for it.

And yet...you do nothing about it.

What am I supposed to do about it?

If your outrage lets you excuse your own hypocrisy, go for it.

My morality is pretty solid on this. If I'm presented a choice between a technology which might cause some ecological damage and a technology that spews poisons into the air and water every single minute of every single day and causes changes to the climate and pollution, I'm probably going to go with the lesser of two evils.

How about you? What would YOU choose?

All of the Wind Turbines in America ( Onshore & Offshore ) could not Power Orange County California's Energy Needs
Total current US wind energy production: 380 billion kWh or 380 trillion watt hours

Power consumption of Orange County, California: 19,765,223.22 megawatt hours or 19.765 trillion watt hours.

So, all of Orange County could be supported by less than one-nineteenth of the nation's wind energy output.

False equivalence.

Nobody is forcing anyone to purchase and/or upgrade their computer equipment, let alone proposing doing so at the expense of those who didn't ask for it.

The flaws in your "reasoning" are only exceeded by those of your "science".
Power utilities ARE required to address their customer's demands. Within certain restraints, they are allowed to choose what technology they use.to do so.

Suuuuuuure you did.

People who create don't have time to waste on message boards.

When I was actively working you wouldn't have caught me near one of these things.

Time, especially creative time, is far too precious.
Obviously different people will take differing amounts of time to accomplish the same task. And now we see where you, Mr Westwall, place on that spectrum.

Obviously different people will take differing amounts of time to accomplish the same task. And now we see where you, Mr Westwall, place on that spectrum.
Who is we, liar? You and whom? A monkey? Another media fed loon?

The sad thing is that if I got a patent it was originally filed YEARS ago. westwall doesn't know that the average time between filing and grant (the average time of prosecution in the USPTO) is about 3-5 years now. That means this urgent work was done probably about 6-8 years ago.

I haven't submitted anything new for the last 5 years (I was working in a non-R&D role for a while).

westwall may be a very busy innovator but that doesn't mean everyone works in the same frame as he does. I wonder how many patents he got during his career. Probably quite a few if he was an innovator in R&D space.

You mean groomer brainwashing.

It fascinates me to see yet another Right Wing Voter who is now demonizing education in general as "grooming" and "brainwashing".

The funny thing, Mike from Texas, your guy Ted Cruz is the product of an elite Ivy League Education. He is EXTREMELY well educated. More than you will ever be.

You are being played by people who know that getting a good solid education will ALWAYS put them in a position to take advantage of people like yourself.

It's HILARIOUS to think how much you are being played. Ted may portray some "aw shucks, I h'ain't no aighed librul!" But he very much is an extremely well educated person.

He wrote an interesting paper in law school that made extensive use of advanced mathematics. Pretty neat stuff.

You are his primary suckers.

Good for you.

Forum List

Back