Windows 11 has arrived!

I learned this is due to that TPM 2.0 is required which home computers usually don´t have. It is very likely that this requirement won´t make into the release build. I can´t even run that app:

10afj19.jpg

Are you saying most home computers don't have TPM or don't have TPM 2.0? Most home computers do have TPM. TPM 2.0 was released in 2014 and Windows 10 has supported it since 2015; it's supported with hotfixes and updates back to Windows 7. Today, you'd have a hard time finding a home computer, other than perhaps a Chromebook, that didn't support TPM 2.0.

Keep in mind, though, that just because you have it, doesn't mean it's turned on in the BIOS.

I learned this is due to that TPM 2.0 is required which home computers usually don´t have. It is very likely that this requirement won´t make into the release build. I can´t even run that app:

10afj19.jpg

Are you saying most home computers don't have TPM or don't have TPM 2.0? Most home computers do have TPM. TPM 2.0 was released in 2014 and Windows 10 has supported it since 2015; it's supported with hotfixes and updates back to Windows 7. Today, you'd have a hard time finding a home computer, other than perhaps a Chromebook, that didn't support TPM 2.0.

Keep in mind, though, that just because you have it, doesn't mean it's turned on in the BIOS.
Nothing found there. Since you have to activate it in Windows you apparently can´t do a clean install. I even tried setup /nm but to no avail, lol.

This article by Ed Bot is spot on and hysterically funny.

Windows 11: Is Microsoft having its Spinal Tap moment? | ZDNet
To celebrate the end of the pandemic, or something, Microsoft has dragged the Hype Machine™ out of storage, where it was sitting next to a tiny scale model of Stonehenge, blown off the accumulated dust, replaced a few vacuum tubes, and fired that sucker up. They've turned it all the way to 11, in fact.

Meanwhile, we're going to be subjected to a Windows 11 hype campaign from Microsoft and its OEM partners this fall. It might be almost tolerable, because after all Windows 10 has managed to be a pretty decent desktop OS, and the UX changes might be just enough to sand off its rough edges. Maybe this holiday season will finally be the one where people realize that Windows is now a manageable nuisance.

Used the PC Health check for Win 11, says my 2 year old gaming desktop is not compatible.......... Updated the BIOs, made sure UEFI secure boot was turned on and TPM 2.0 was activated.
Now when I run HWiNFO64 it tells me my UEFI Boot & Secure Boot is "Not Present" yet it shows activated in BIOs.

Okay, figured out my problem. My primary drive was MBR, needed to switch it to GPT so that UEFI and Secure Boot would work. Did that with the EaseUS Partition tool so as not to lose my data. Unfortunately I had to purchase the pro version in order to do that........ Don't tell me there's a free way to do that because the deed is already done.

By the way, whynotwin11 is free and gives much more info than the Microsoft PC Health tool. Windows will tell you it's unsafe to download and install but it's not and it doesn't install itself on the computer.

Last edited:
Heck, me too. Didn´t think of it. There´s still the TPM issue.
Check in BIOs, seems most have it but it's just not turned on. I think TTP works also.
I checked it, it has a connector for such a module, not the module itself.
From what I understand the modules aren't that expensive, if you can find one.
I took a look in the VM and can wait until the autumn. I guess this TPM fun was just to annoy. Funny Microsoft joke. Won´t be requirement in the final build, I guess.

Heck, me too. Didn´t think of it. There´s still the TPM issue.
Check in BIOs, seems most have it but it's just not turned on. I think TTP works also.
I checked it, it has a connector for such a module, not the module itself.
From what I understand the modules aren't that expensive, if you can find one.
I took a look in the VM and can wait until the autumn. I guess this TPM fun was just to annoy. Funny Microsoft joke. Won´t be requirement in the final build, I guess.
I'm sure they will drop that requirement when they see how unhappy a huge number of Windows users will be. Look on the forums dedicated to Win 10 and 11 and see how many are already ticked off.

So, I installed Windows 11 using the fix described above and it works. I don´t have secure boot or tpm activated and it works fine. It activated itself with my Win7 license.
Maybe I am doing a video later but I am in a very bad mood resulting from girllessness, so idk.

I got an email from Microsoft for the Insiders program; Windows 11 is coming. Which doesn't mean the OP's 401K is safe after installing a stolen, perhaps modified, version.

Windows XP was perfect. I miss it.

Easy to work with, easy to find your way around the system, easy to change what needed to be changed, more options, less migraines working with.

Same with Windows 95.
Windows 95 was horrendous. It was the first edition of a radically changed gui, and in typical Microsoft fashion - it was released at least a year too soon. The sheer headaches and blue screens of Win95 was literally a daily occurrence before the first patches.
Same for Win98. It was less stable than Win 95. Hell the screensavers it came with would crash it! Then came Win98se, and a couple patches after that it really was the first true stable OS Windows made.

As for Windows 11... am I really the first one to notice it looks just like the MAC desktop??
And not just the fact the icons appear on a bottom translucent panel... but in the video it provides examples of how when you drag it around it wobbles a bit and you can sticky them together etc. A MAC has done that for 10 years.
Even the screensavers look like a MAC desktop.
I have not seen blatant copying like this in yeeeaaars.

Forum List

Back