🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Woke PBS Battle Looks at Woke But White Ken Burns

Ken Burns ruined his series on baseball by harping over and over and over and over about blacks being segregated from whites in the early days of baseball. And spent a nanosecond on the fact baseball did more to break down walls than anything else in society.

So I have no sympathy watching the woke eat one of their own.

Really.

And what might these "walls" be that baseball broke down? You know, while it was keeping blacks out?

The color barrier was in place in the early days of the game and no one disputes that. However, it was gradually dismantled over time and more and more black players were allowed into the leagues.

I believe this is what he’s referring to.

Actually it was dismantled in 1947 in one swell foop. Jackie Robinson became the first MLB black player since Moses Fleetwood Walker.

But that has nothing to do with what the OP claimed, which was that [Burns] quote, "sent a nanosecond on the fact baseball did more to break down walls than anything else in society". And that point was completely OUTSIDE the whole "color line". Burns complet.ely covered the gap between Walker and Robinson. OP doesn't even want to hear about that. He seems to resent that Burns did cover it.

So I axed him what he was talking about by said "walls" ------------- and he doesn't know. Which makes all of us.

Me, I don't make an assertion without knowing I can back it up, but maybe that's just me.

But that’s not what you asked him. Your question had nothing to do with Burns or with what Weatherman opined about the documentary.

You simply asked him what walls baseball broke down. I quote:

“And what might these ‘walls’ be that baseball broke down? You know, while it was keeping blacks out?”

Maybe I’m missing something but it doesn’t appear to me that your question had anything to do with Burns or the documentary itself.

Ken Burns ruined his series on baseball by harping over and over and over and over about blacks being segregated from whites in the early days of baseball. And spent a nanosecond on the fact baseball did more to break down walls than anything else in society.

Really.

And what might these "walls" be that baseball broke down? You know, while it was keeping blacks out?

The color barrier was in place in the early days of the game and no one disputes that. However, it was gradually dismantled over time and more and more black players were allowed into the leagues.

Actually it was dismantled in 1947 in one swell foop. Jackie Robinson became the first MLB black player since Moses Fleetwood Walker.

But that has nothing to do with what the OP claimed, which was that [Burns] quote, "sent a nanosecond on the fact baseball did more to break down walls than anything else in society". And that point was completely OUTSIDE the whole "color line". Burns complet.ely covered the gap between Walker and Robinson. OP doesn't even want to hear about that. He seems to resent that Burns did cover it.

So I axed him what he was talking about by said "walls" ------------- and he doesn't know. Which makes all of us.

Me, I don't make an assertion without knowing I can back it up, but maybe that's just me.

But that’s not what you asked him. Your question had nothing to do with Burns or with what Weatherman opined about the documentary.

“And what might these ‘walls’ be that baseball broke down? You know, while it was keeping blacks out?”

Maybe I’m missing something but it doesn’t appear to me that your question had anything to do with Burns or the documentary itself.

"Walls" is taken directly from the OP. READ the OP. The phrase "spent a nanosecond" is referring directly to that Burns documentary. About baseball.

Really.

Who was hiring blacks and putting them in front of customers in 1947?

I’ll wait.

Soooooooooo no answer.

Quelle surprise.
You don’t need to prove you’re an ignorant moron. We already know.

Hey I ain't the one who made a claim in his OP and then had to run away from it. :scared1:
Not my job to educate people who don’t know water is wet or the sun comes up in the East.

Pogo's posting plan

1. Find one little quibbling point he is actually wrong about and pretend he is right for 100 posts
2. Shove a pineapple up his own ass while doing so
3. Run away like a sniveling shit when he get tired of the pineapple.

OP's posting plan:

1. Pull some made-up shit out of his ass, hope that nobody calls him on it
2. Melt into a puddle when Pogo shows up and asks for a receipt
3. Repeat step 2

Most deluded idiot on the board Pogo, wondering if you had to work at it or are you a natural fucking idiot.

Once again for the Illiterati....

OP makes claim in post one.
Pogo asks clarification in post two.
Every post thereafter OP just goes humma humma humma.

If I had that many hummas I'd open a middle eastern restaurant.

You bring up some chickenshit bullshit and just keep at it like an OCD Aspie twat.

Really.

"Walls" is taken directly from the OP.

Of course it was. And?

READ the OP. The phrase "spent a nanosecond" is referring directly to that Burns documentary. About baseball.

And? Again, your question asked what walls baseball broke down. I think it’s safe to assume that the “walls” Weatherman is referring to is the color barrier. Beyond that, he is simply lamenting what he sees as Burns’ brief coverage of the dismantling of that color barrier, or “walls”, or the desegregation in baseball in the documentary.

I really don’t understand your angle here.

Really.

Of course it was. And?

READ the OP. The phrase "spent a nanosecond" is referring directly to that Burns documentary. About baseball.

And? Again, your question asked what walls baseball broke down. I think it’s safe to assume that the “walls” Weatherman is referring to is the color barrier. Beyond that, he is simply lamenting what he sees as Burns’ brief coverage of the dismantling of that color barrier, or “walls”, or the desegregation in baseball in the documentary.

OK I guess you're trying to snowjob the thread. I'm not going to waste my time on some yahoo who just can't read. It ain't even your point to defend. Dismissed.

Really.

It was the first major professional sport to integrate.
no, there were great pro boxers long before 1947...I think...Jack Johnson anyone

Really.

no, there were great pro boxers long before 1947...I think...Jack Johnson anyone

Professional team sports then.

Really.

I’ll wait.

Soooooooooo no answer.

Quelle surprise.

Hey I ain't the one who made a claim in his OP and then had to run away from it. :scared1:
Not my job to educate people who don’t know water is wet or the sun comes up in the East.

Pogo's posting plan

1. Find one little quibbling point he is actually wrong about and pretend he is right for 100 posts

OP's posting plan:

3. Repeat step 2

Most deluded idiot on the board Pogo, wondering if you had to work at it or are you a natural fucking idiot.

You bring up some chickenshit bullshit and just keep at it like an OCD Aspie twat.

Did I ever get an answer? To what the OP wrote in his post one?

Why no, I did not.

Truth to tell I didn't know if he had an answer or not. Thought maybe he knew something I didn't.

But ................ no. And he doesn't have the stones to admit he pulled it out of his ass.

Really.

Of course it was. And?

OK I guess you're trying to snowjob the thread. I'm not going to waste my time on some yahoo who just can't read. It ain't even your point to defend. Dismissed.

“snowjob the thread”? All I did was answer a question that you asked.

And I feel I must point out that Weatherman interpreted your question the same way I did. His response was:

“Who was hiring blacks and putting them in front of customers in 1947?”

The answer of course being, professional baseball.

If you meant something other than what the question asked then you should have been more clear.

Really.

Of course it was. And?

And I feel I must point out that Weatherman interpreted your question the same way I did. His response was:

If you meant something other than what the question asked then you should have been more clear.

Okay I can see you're desperate;ly trying to white-knight for what I presume is your sock. Not interested in posters playing "I'm too stupid".

Is English your second language? The OP sat there whining about how Ken Burns spent ALLLLLL this time on the baseball color line WHILE IN CONTRAST spending "a nanosecond" on some kind of societal walls it brought down.

THOSE ARE TWO DIFFERENT FUCKING THINGS. AT ODDS WITH EACH OTHER. He's claiming Burns did the former and neglected the latter. GET IT?? That's why I asked him what the latter IS.

:banghead:

Holy shit, why do you think he ran away?

EDIT - just below this post you'll find one from SunniMan who can read what's being claimed here. What I asked the OP is, where exactly are these alleged "walls" that baseball broke down more than anything else in society. He has no answer. I can think of myriad examples to the contrary, even if we limit said "walls" to the racial ones --- such as WWI industrialization. Such as Berry Gordy. Even Star Trek. Those did WAY more to break those walls than baseball. But then we don't know, because we are not told, what the fuck kind of "walls" he's even talking about, and he ran away. He ran away because he came in here firing blanks. All I did was point out that he's firing blanks. I stood in front of him and said, like John Lennon, "shoot me". And he had nothing.

Last edited:

Really.

I’ll wait.

Soooooooooo no answer.

Quelle surprise.

Pogo's posting plan

OP's posting plan:

3. Repeat step 2

Did I ever get an answer? To what the OP wrote in his post one?

Why no, I did not.

Truth to tell I didn't know if he had an answer or not. Thought maybe he knew something I didn't.

But ................ no. And he doesn't have the stones to admit he pulled it out of his ass.

There you go quibbling over chickenshit again.

I've been a fan of Ken Burns documentaries since I watched the one about the American Civil War years ago.
In fact, I just watched his excellent two part series on Mark Twain yesterday on Amazon prime.
But you're right about his documentary of Baseball going on and on and on about the black players.
The series should have been named Blacks in Baseball or Blacks Changed Baseball or something like that. Because it spent very little time talking about the early history of the game of Baseball, and focused almost entirely on the black players experiences and struggles. I guess the producers and directors of the series just wanted to gloss over the contributions of the White players as inconsequential to the history of the game.
I was very disappointed by the end of the series, and felt like I'd just attended a Black Lives Matter lecture on how Baseball is a racist game. .... :cuckoo:

Last edited:

Really.

Of course it was. And?

Okay I can see you're desperate;ly trying to white-knight for what I presume is your sock. Not interested in posters playing "I'm too stupid".

Is English your second language? The OP sat there whining about how Ken Burns spent ALLLLLL this time on the baseball color line WHILE IN CONTRAST spending "a nanosecond" on some kind of societal walls it brought down.

THOSE ARE TWO DIFFERENT FUCKING THINGS. AT ODDS WITH EACH OTHER. He's claiming Burns did the former and neglected the latter. GET IT?? That's why I asked him what the latter IS.

And right there is the disconnect and the reason you’re getting pissy. They are NOT at odds with each other because they are both true.

His point was that Burns spent a lot of time criticizing professional baseball for the color barrier but little time on the fact that professional baseball then later knocked down those same barriers.

No one, including myself and Weatherman, disputes that the “walls” were there in professional baseball. All he’s saying is that he didn’t feel that Burns gave enough attention to the walls being brought down and blacks being allowed in the leagues.

Really.

Of course it was. And?

And right there is the disconnect and the reason you’re getting pissy. They are NOT at odds with each other because they are both true.

His point was that Burns spent a lot of time criticizing professional baseball for the color barrier but little time on the fact that professional baseball then later knocked down those same barriers.

No one, including myself and Weatherman, disputes that the “walls” were there in professional baseball. All he’s saying is that he didn’t feel that Burns gave enough attention to the walls being brought down and blacks being allowed in the leagues.

Jesus Christ on a Cracker, you are a Mongoloid idiot.

"Blacks being allowed in the leagues" IS THE PART OF THE DOCUMENTARY HE WAS MOANING ABOUT. These "walls" --- whatever that means ---- ARE WHAT HE WANTED MORE OF.

YOU CAN'T SIMULTANEOUSLY HOLD THAT THERE IS BOTH TOO MUCH AND NOT ENOUGH OF THE SAME THING. What the fuck is WRONG with you?

Get the fuck out of here and quit wasting my time with your intentional stupidity. You're going on Ignore. Go learn how to read.

Really.

Of course it was. And?

Jesus Christ on a Cracker, you are a Mongoloid idiot.

"Blacks being allowed in the leagues" IS THE PART OF THE DOCUMENTARY HE WAS MOANING ABOUT. These "walls" --- whatever that means ---- ARE WHAT HE WANTED MORE OF.

Where in the fuck do you get that from? He wanted more coverage of the color barrier BEING BROUGHT DOWN.

The color barrier being in place and then later being non-existent are two different eras of the history of baseball. He felt that Burns spent too much time on the earlier era and not enough on the latter era.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?

YOU CAN'T SIMULTANEOUSLY HOLD THAT THERE IS BOTH TOO MUCH AND NOT ENOUGH OF THE SAME THING. What the fuck is WRONG with you?

He didn’t say that there was too much about the walls and then not enough about the walls. He said there was too much about the walls being in place and not enough about the walls being brought down. What the fuck is WRONG with you?

Get the fuck out of here and quit wasting my time with your intentional stupidity. You're going on Ignore. Go learn how to read.

Ask more explicit and clearer questions and this sort of thing won’t happen. The misunderstanding here is yours, not mine.

Really.

Of course it was. And?

EDIT - just below this post you'll find one from SunniMan who can read what's being claimed here.

I read Sunni Man’s post and he is saying the same thing Weatherman said.

I quote:

...it spent very little time talking about the early history of the game of Baseball, and focused almost entirely on the black players experiences and struggles.”

What I asked the OP is, where exactly are these alleged "walls" that baseball broke down more than anything else in society. He has no answer. I can think of myriad examples to the contrary, even if we limit said "walls" to the racial ones --- such as WWI industrialization. Such as Berry Gordy. Even Star Trek. Those did WAY more to break those walls than baseball. But then we don't know, because we are not told, what the fuck kind of "walls" he's even talking about, and he ran away. He ran away because he came in here firing blanks. All I did was point out that he's firing blanks. I stood in front of him and said, like John Lennon, "shoot me". And he had nothing.

Weatherman’s being right or wrong on that score is not the issue. I never said he was right, I just clarified what he meant in the OP.

Really.

Ironic that as MLB integrated, the Negro Leagues naturally went out of business but with Civil Rights legislation, the NAACP, CBC and SPLC gained influence and BET came into existence.

Really.

you never heard of Jackie Robinson?

it's obvious at this point that PBS is racist...so we should stop funding them.

Forum List

Back