Woman attacks 79 yr. old man on subway for reading from the bible.

Nice choice of wording recommended for lil Carmelita to use by her Jew Master at the paper.
" Man attacked with stilletto"

6_12__14334.1524069807.1280.1280.jpg

The OP's headline is a bit misleading. It gave me the impression that this woman wacked him for reading a book. Lots of people bring reading materials on the subway, so I thought "wow, that sucks." But it turns out that he was putting on some show that was disturbing the rest of the passengers. I can't condone wacking him with a shoe. I would like to think that someone would ask him politely to stop and that he would stop.
These folks never shut up. We have a local proselytizer who used to come into the local diner and have an extremely LOUD "conversation" with the others at her table which was a sermon and could be heard by the entire restaurant. Now, if I wanted to hear a sermon, I would go to church. If I want to eat my eggs over easy and read the paper, I go to the diner. The waitress would try to get her to quiet down, but within a minute she was back up to full volume. It was annoying as hell and I FELT like hitting her over the head with my shoe, though I didn't. Maybe if I was a New Yorker, I would have.
The difference there is that a diner is private property and the owners can ask any patron to leave if they are being disruptive.

There is never a good reason to assault an 80 year old man no matter what he is saying or where he is saying it
He deserved a good boink over the head, if you ask me. But no, I wouldn't hit an old timer, either. Or anyone else. I think it's pretty ridiculous to sue over it, but there ya go--it's New York City.
So here's to hoping you get what you deserve as decided by someone who doesn't like what you say

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Don't you worry. I am quiet and well behaved in public, unlike the old fart who was imposing his religious views on a captive audience whether they liked it or not.
Captive

Hardly

I feel sorry for you people who let minor inconveniences ruin your day

Did you ever think that it is you who has the problem not the people around you?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The OP's headline is a bit misleading. It gave me the impression that this woman wacked him for reading a book. Lots of people bring reading materials on the subway, so I thought "wow, that sucks." But it turns out that he was putting on some show that was disturbing the rest of the passengers. I can't condone wacking him with a shoe. I would like to think that someone would ask him politely to stop and that he would stop.

As far as we know, it disturbed one passenger.
And? At his age, he should know how to behave in public. Haven't you ever been on a bus or subway? Perhaps sitting next to somebody yapping loudly on a cell phone? People shouldn't be rude on public transportation. This headline made it sound like this guy was just reading a book on his lap. Misleading. The people who were in that train car were not there to be some sort of audience for him. They were just going places.

What she did was stupid but I'm going to go out on a limb here. While I approve of his reading material I don't approve of his method of delivery. All of us have been present when some young punk carrying a ghetto blaster turns up all the rap music to the point where everyone has to cover their ears. Umsually those types travel in packs so often times people don't have enough courage to speak up because it will create a problem. I can tell you that I probably would have taken my shoe off more than once if I thought I could get away with it and done the same thing. She should have showed some restraint however....but for what it's worth I get it.

Jo

These folks never shut up. We have a local proselytizer who used to come into the local diner and have an extremely LOUD "conversation" with the others at her table which was a sermon and could be heard by the entire restaurant. Now, if I wanted to hear a sermon, I would go to church. If I want to eat my eggs over easy and read the paper, I go to the diner. The waitress would try to get her to quiet down, but within a minute she was back up to full volume. It was annoying as hell and I FELT like hitting her over the head with my shoe, though I didn't. Maybe if I was a New Yorker, I would have.
I think you need god
Forced on them, right?

I think you need god
Forced on them, right?
Who’s forcing you to live here?

And? At his age, he should know how to behave in public. Haven't you ever been on a bus or subway? Perhaps sitting next to somebody yapping loudly on a cell phone? People shouldn't be rude on public transportation. This headline made it sound like this guy was just reading a book on his lap. Misleading. The people who were in that train car were not there to be some sort of audience for him. They were just going places.

what the fuck is wrong with you? You don’t assault a 79 old man under any circumstances. SMFH

Dimwit, I already said that I could not condone wacking the guy. Reading comprehension problem?

what the fuck is wrong with you? You don’t assault a 79 old man under any circumstances. SMFH

Dimwit, I already said that I could not condone wacking the guy. Reading comprehension problem?

You said you don’t condone it, but you’ve made numerous attempts to defend her actions by vilifying the victim. His actions are not what is important here. It’s the actions of the savage woman that should be the focus. Dipshit

Not quite what the OP states. But that'll teach him for torturing captive audiences.

The 79-year-old man was delivering a sermon aboard a southbound No. 2 train headed toward 42nd Street-Times Square just after 10 a.m. Thursday when the 30-something woman removed her shoe and whacked him in the head, police said.
https://nypost.com/2019/10/25/subway-rider-used-her-stiletto-to-attack-elderly-preacher-cops/
Doesn't matter

it's still an assault and since it is an assault because of his religious beliefs it is technically a hate crime

What evidence is there that this "assault" was based on his religious beliefs rather than just disturbing other riders. Who could have been reciting from the phone book.

So in your view, just being "disturbing" is a good reason for assaulting someone?

The Covington Catholic boys would have had good reason to stomp the Black Congressional Israelites in Washington DC in January, in your view?

I have stated already that I do not condone this woman's actions. I, personally, do not hit anyone. I certainly would not hit an elderly person.

However, you keep condoning this man's actions. The people on board paid their fares to ride to their destinations. And this man was not on the street, as you keep saying.

Is it too much to ask for people to follow the usual rules of etiquette for public interactions? Or do you think that everybody should follow whatever individual rules they might choose? That would be pretty chaotic.

Not quite what the OP states. But that'll teach him for torturing captive audiences.

The 79-year-old man was delivering a sermon aboard a southbound No. 2 train headed toward 42nd Street-Times Square just after 10 a.m. Thursday when the 30-something woman removed her shoe and whacked him in the head, police said.
https://nypost.com/2019/10/25/subway-rider-used-her-stiletto-to-attack-elderly-preacher-cops/
Doesn't matter

it's still an assault and since it is an assault because of his religious beliefs it is technically a hate crime

What evidence is there that this "assault" was based on his religious beliefs rather than just disturbing other riders. Who could have been reciting from the phone book.

So in your view, just being "disturbing" is a good reason for assaulting someone?

The Covington Catholic boys would have had good reason to stomp the Black Congressional Israelites in Washington DC in January, in your view?

I have stated already that I do not condone this woman's actions. I, personally, do not hit anyone. I certainly would not hit an elderly person.

However, you keep condoning this man's actions. The people on board paid their fares to ride to their destinations. And this man was not on the street, as you keep saying.

Is it too much to ask for people to follow the usual rules of etiquette for public interactions? Or do you think that everybody should follow whatever individual rules they might choose? That would be pretty chaotic.

The City of New York allows all kinds of 'chaotic' behavior in their subways and always has.
People sleeping, shitting, performing on musical instruments, talking to themselves, and indeed preaching. Urbanists feel it adds color to the urban landscape. If this chick didn't dig it, there were other cars on the train she could have moved to. It wasn't like this dude was following her.

Leftists hate our pesky FIRST AMENDMENT

Doesn't matter

I don't like what you spew....can I beat you with a shoe?
The street preacher must be a Nazi.

Doesn't matter

Even if he was, so what? Here in America, we traditionally allow people to speak even if we disagree with them.

All she had to do was to ask him to read it silently if hit was disturbing her. Taking off your shoe and beating the with it is going to far. He required 30 stitches and liberals will defend her because he was reading from the Bible. So does that mean when I’m on a train and some transgender starts preaching us I should just get up and beat it up because that’s what your saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All she had to do was to ask him to read it silently if hit was disturbing her. Taking off your shoe and beating the with it is going to far. He required 30 stitches and liberals will defend her because he was reading from the Bible. So does that mean when I’m on a train and some transgender starts preaching us I should just get up and beat it up because that’s what your saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30 stitches is quite the beatdown.

Doesn't matter

Even if he was, so what? Here in America, we traditionally allow people to speak even if we disagree with them.
Didnt I say that?

Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip?

Leftists hate our pesky FIRST AMENDMENT

I'm not sure how I am suppose to respond to generalized rants.

Forum List

Back