Woman attacks 79 yr. old man on subway for reading from the bible.

Penelope, would you tell a Negro Hebrew "Israelite" to shut up? If so, what Bible verses would you use to expose them as douchebags?

Not quite what the OP states. But that'll teach him for torturing captive audiences.

The 79-year-old man was delivering a sermon aboard a southbound No. 2 train headed toward 42nd Street-Times Square just after 10 a.m. Thursday when the 30-something woman removed her shoe and whacked him in the head, police said.
https://nypost.com/2019/10/25/subway-rider-used-her-stiletto-to-attack-elderly-preacher-cops/
Doesn't matter

it's still an assault and since it is an assault because of his religious beliefs it is technically a hate crime

The worst thing is a street preacher, but I would not of hurt him or wacked him, but I would of told him to "shut up".
There's a big difference between a street preacher and this old man: On the street, people can WALK AWAY. How are you going to walk away when you're on a moving subway train?

The OP's headline is a bit misleading. It gave me the impression that this woman wacked him for reading a book. Lots of people bring reading materials on the subway, so I thought "wow, that sucks." But it turns out that he was putting on some show that was disturbing the rest of the passengers. I can't condone wacking him with a shoe. I would like to think that someone would ask him politely to stop and that he would stop.
These folks never shut up. We have a local proselytizer who used to come into the local diner and have an extremely LOUD "conversation" with the others at her table which was a sermon and could be heard by the entire restaurant. Now, if I wanted to hear a sermon, I would go to church. If I want to eat my eggs over easy and read the paper, I go to the diner. The waitress would try to get her to quiet down, but within a minute she was back up to full volume. It was annoying as hell and I FELT like hitting her over the head with my shoe, though I didn't. Maybe if I was a New Yorker, I would have.
The difference there is that a diner is private property and the owners can ask any patron to leave if they are being disruptive.

There is never a good reason to assault an 80 year old man no matter what he is saying or where he is saying it
He deserved a good boink over the head, if you ask me. But no, I wouldn't hit an old timer, either. Or anyone else. I think it's pretty ridiculous to sue over it, but there ya go--it's New York City.
So here's to hoping you get what you deserve as decided by someone who doesn't like what you say

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Don't you worry. I am quiet and well behaved in public, unlike the old fart who was imposing his religious views on a captive audience whether they liked it or not.

Street preaching has been part of Americana since colonial times, OL. Its fine with me if someone wants to share his views on Almighty God.

The OP's headline is a bit misleading. It gave me the impression that this woman wacked him for reading a book. Lots of people bring reading materials on the subway, so I thought "wow, that sucks." But it turns out that he was putting on some show that was disturbing the rest of the passengers. I can't condone wacking him with a shoe. I would like to think that someone would ask him politely to stop and that he would stop.
These folks never shut up. We have a local proselytizer who used to come into the local diner and have an extremely LOUD "conversation" with the others at her table which was a sermon and could be heard by the entire restaurant. Now, if I wanted to hear a sermon, I would go to church. If I want to eat my eggs over easy and read the paper, I go to the diner. The waitress would try to get her to quiet down, but within a minute she was back up to full volume. It was annoying as hell and I FELT like hitting her over the head with my shoe, though I didn't. Maybe if I was a New Yorker, I would have.
The difference there is that a diner is private property and the owners can ask any patron to leave if they are being disruptive.

There is never a good reason to assault an 80 year old man no matter what he is saying or where he is saying it
He deserved a good boink over the head, if you ask me. But no, I wouldn't hit an old timer, either. Or anyone else. I think it's pretty ridiculous to sue over it, but there ya go--it's New York City.
So here's to hoping you get what you deserve as decided by someone who doesn't like what you say

Don't you worry. I am quiet and well behaved in public, unlike the old fart who was imposing his religious views on a captive audience whether they liked it or not.
So you're not an obnoxious prig in public?

On the street, people can WALK AWAY. How are you going to walk away when you're on a moving subway train?

People can't always walk away while on the street.

Often they are waiting on a bus, like the children from Covington Catholic who were confronted by Congressional Black Israelites at the Lincoln Memorial last January.

And actually, on a train, the people can move to another car if they are sufficiently annoyed

On the street, people can WALK AWAY. How are you going to walk away when you're on a moving subway train?

People can't always walk away while on the street.

Often they are waiting on a bus, like the children from Covington Catholic who were confronted by Congressional Black Israelites at the Lincoln Memorial last January.

And actually, on a train, the people can move to another car if they are sufficiently annoyed
I believe we are getting somewhere: black

Street preaching has been part of Americana since colonial times, OL. Its fine with me if someone wants to share his views on Almighty God.
So you're as rude as he is?

I'm not a street preacher at all. But it just doesn't bother me if people are on city streets advocating for Jesus- or Lyndon Larouche or Harry Krishna for that matter.

Not quite what the OP states. But that'll teach him for torturing captive audiences.

The 79-year-old man was delivering a sermon aboard a southbound No. 2 train headed toward 42nd Street-Times Square just after 10 a.m. Thursday when the 30-something woman removed her shoe and whacked him in the head, police said.
https://nypost.com/2019/10/25/subway-rider-used-her-stiletto-to-attack-elderly-preacher-cops/
Doesn't matter

it's still an assault and since it is an assault because of his religious beliefs it is technically a hate crime

The worst thing is a street preacher, but I would not of hurt him or wacked him, but I would of told him to "shut up".
There's a big difference between a street preacher and this old man: On the street, people can WALK AWAY. How are you going to walk away when you're on a moving subway train?

Still doesn't justify physical assault and if you think otherwise you need to re-evaluate yourself.

I'm not a street preacher at all. But it just doesn't bother me if people are on city streets advocating for Jesus- or Lyndon Larouche or Harry Krishna for that matter.
Well, that's fine. It annoys some people. I wouldn't be bothered by a street preacher, either, since I can just keep walking, but that is not the situation we are discussing here.

Well, that's fine. It annoys some people. I wouldn't be bothered by a street preacher, either, since I can just keep walking, but that is not the situation we are discussing here.

Sure it is. The broad that was annoyed could have moved to a different car of the train. On the street, people are usually a lot more captive, as they are often waiting on a bus or a ride.

I guess he should have been preaching about LGBTQ... she would have hugged him instead

If the old man would have been in drag lecturing about the superiority of taking it in the caboose, any disrespect would have been considered a Homophobic Hate Crime.

Doesn't matter

What evidence is there that this "assault" was based on his religious beliefs rather than just disturbing other riders. Who could have been reciting from the phone book.

Doesn't matter

What evidence is there that this "assault" was based on his religious beliefs rather than just disturbing other riders. Who could have been reciting from the phone book.

So in your view, just being "disturbing" is a good reason for assaulting someone?

The Covington Catholic boys would have had good reason to stomp the Black Congressional Israelites in Washington DC in January, in your view?

you’re a moron! You’re saying you don’t condone the violence against this elderly man, and yet you are defending it. It doesn’t matter if you think he was behaving rudely. That is no justification for an assault on an elderly person. Get a soul.

Doesn't matter

I don't like what you spew....can I beat you with a shoe?

Forum List

Back