Woman attacks 79 yr. old man on subway for reading from the bible.

The OP's headline is a bit misleading. It gave me the impression that this woman wacked him for reading a book. Lots of people bring reading materials on the subway, so I thought "wow, that sucks." But it turns out that he was putting on some show that was disturbing the rest of the passengers. I can't condone wacking him with a shoe. I would like to think that someone would ask him politely to stop and that he would stop.

As far as we know, it disturbed one passenger.
Leftists hate our pesky FIRST AMENDMENT

I'm not sure how I am suppose to respond to generalized rants.
Of course you dont.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech

The OP's headline is a bit misleading. It gave me the impression that this woman wacked him for reading a book. Lots of people bring reading materials on the subway, so I thought "wow, that sucks." But it turns out that he was putting on some show that was disturbing the rest of the passengers. I can't condone wacking him with a shoe. I would like to think that someone would ask him politely to stop and that he would stop.

Of course you dont.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech

Great.....another irrelevant rant to anything I've said.

All she had to do was to ask him to read it silently if hit was disturbing her. Taking off your shoe and beating the with it is going to far. He required 30 stitches and liberals will defend her because he was reading from the Bible. So does that mean when I’m on a train and some transgender starts preaching us I should just get up and beat it up because that’s what your saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30 stitches is quite the beatdown.

Yes it is.

Of course you dont.

News flash you are irrelevant. A pathetic liberal that thinks we care what you have to say. One up with something original and then maybe we can talk. I figure that will take you some time to do.

Of course you dont.

News flash you are irrelevant. A pathetic liberal that thinks we care what you have to say. One up with something original and then maybe we can talk. I figure that will take you some time to do.

I noted that as far as we know only one person was upset and that set you off?

Really?

Not quite what the OP states. But that'll teach him for torturing captive audiences.

The 79-year-old man was delivering a sermon aboard a southbound No. 2 train headed toward 42nd Street-Times Square just after 10 a.m. Thursday when the 30-something woman removed her shoe and whacked him in the head, police said.
https://nypost.com/2019/10/25/subway-rider-used-her-stiletto-to-attack-elderly-preacher-cops/
Doesn't matter

it's still an assault and since it is an assault because of his religious beliefs it is technically a hate crime

What evidence is there that this "assault" was based on his religious beliefs rather than just disturbing other riders. Who could have been reciting from the phone book.

I don't like what you spew....can I beat you with a shoe?
The street preacher must be a Nazi.

Even if he was, so what? Here in America, we traditionally allow people to speak even if we disagree with them.

Whats really odd about this case is that it was a black woman attacking a black man.....very unusual....well I suppose her hatred of Christianity allowed her to attack one of her own.

All she had to do was to ask him to read it silently if hit was disturbing her. Taking off your shoe and beating the with it is going to far. He required 30 stitches and liberals will defend her because he was reading from the Bible. So does that mean when I’m on a train and some transgender starts preaching us I should just get up and beat it up because that’s what your saying.I

30 stitches is quite the beatdown.

It was just one blow with a stilleto heeled shoe....it could have penetrated his brain.

One passenger and several left-wing anti-free speech posters here. This is a First Amendment debate, yet you insist on making it somehow about you.

All she had to do was to ask him to read it silently if hit was disturbing her. Taking off your shoe and beating the with it is going to far. He required 30 stitches and liberals will defend her because he was reading from the Bible. So does that mean when I’m on a train and some transgender starts preaching us I should just get up and beat it up because that’s what your saying.

I think there is a high probability she was under the influence of something besides her hatred of preachers.

Not quite what the OP states. But that'll teach him for torturing captive audiences.

The 79-year-old man was delivering a sermon aboard a southbound No. 2 train headed toward 42nd Street-Times Square just after 10 a.m. Thursday when the 30-something woman removed her shoe and whacked him in the head, police said.
https://nypost.com/2019/10/25/subway-rider-used-her-stiletto-to-attack-elderly-preacher-cops/

So, in your opinion it is ok to physically attack people because they are saying things you don't like. How fascist of you.

All she had to do was to ask him to read it silently if hit was disturbing her
That's not her right. Of course she can ask, but he has no need to comply. In fact, I would double up for this wicked heathen!

What is it with blacks? They always seem to cause problems on any kind of mass transit system. Though I have never heard of one going off of on anybody in a airplane....most often on school busses.....aka clearly racist young blacks....but they are never charged with a hate crime.

Last edited:

One passenger and several left-wing anti-free speech posters here. This is a First Amendment debate, yet you insist on making it somehow about you.

Lol.......I was speaking about the article. Try sticking to it as opposed to the participants in the discussion.

Lol.......I was speaking about the article. Try sticking to it as opposed to the participants in the discussion.

Actually it is not clear whether he was just reading or preaching or some combination thereof....whatever it was triggered the black lady....I think probably because she has some very serious problems....perhaps some black preacher molested her sometime or maybe the words were just hitting too hard on her guilt complex....people doing wrong can get very upset if someone points that out.

Anyhow...I do not think it was the wording of the article that upset you but the fact that someone would dare read from the bible or preach in public...that is what really bothers you aka....you and the black lady are probably very similar in nature....how would you react if you were accosted on the subway by someone reading from the Bible or preaching?

Be honest....would you have the urge to smack them...or maybe you would smack them?

Irregardless we live in a time of increasing hostility towards those who attempt to spread the gospel....I think it is going to get much worse.

Actually it is not clear whether he was just reading or preaching or some combination thereof....whatever it was triggered the black lady....I think probably because she has some very serious problems....perhaps some black preacher molested her sometime or maybe the words were just hitting too hard on her guilt complex....people doing wrong can get very upset if someone points that out.

Anyhow...I do not think it was the wording of the article that upset you but the fact that someone would dare read from the bible or preach in public...that is what really bothers you aka....you and the black lady are probably very similar in nature....how would you react if you were accosted on the subway by someone reading from the Bible or preaching?

Be honest....would you have the urge to smack them...or maybe you would smack them?

Irregardless we live in a time of increasing hostility towards those who attempt to spread the gospel....I think it is going to get much worse.

Nothing upset me. I simply corrected an incorrect statement.

The title says, "for reading from the bible"

I took that immediately as he was reading or preaching ALOUD. The statement was correct.

Btw, I also dont like being preached to. That implies that I am not a follower of Christ, or at least his understanding of Christ. But when his WORDS cause someone to brutally ASSAULT him, the blame is 100% on the idiot denying his 1st Amendment rights

I took that immediately as he was reading or preaching ALOUD. The statement was correct.

Btw, I also dont like being preached to. That implies that I am not a follower of Christ, or at least his understanding of Christ. But when his WORDS cause someone to brutally ASSAULT him, the blame is 100% on the idiot denying his 1st Amendment rights

Pretty sure I never disagreed with that.

Pretty sure I never disagreed with that.

'Reading from the Bible' could be reading silently or reading out loud...not to mention the old fellow might not have been aware he was reading out loud if he was....his age should have been taken into consideration by his attacker....but she was probably so blinded by rage and hatred....she did not even notice his age.

Kinda like that old adage about a paranoid person....when at a football game and they see the players go into a huddle the paranoid thinks they are talking about him! hehheh likewise the black woman probably took whatever was being read as a direct attack on her as in i.e. Thou shalt not steal....or thou shalt not committ adultery etc. Whatever was read she interpeted as a direct attack on her lifestyle most likely.

Well...that is not clear...it could be correct. As pointed out....'reading from the bible' can be done in 2 different ways. Reading silently or reading aloud.

Well...that is not clear...it could be correct. As pointed out....'reading from the bible' can be done in 2 different ways. Reading silently or reading aloud.

Which has nothing to do with anything I said.

Which has nothing to do with anything I said.
Why do you keep making this story about you. You're not mentioned

Forum List

Back