Woman attacks 79 yr. old man on subway for reading from the bible.

Lol.......I was speaking about the article. Try sticking to it as opposed to the participants in the discussion.

Actually it is not clear whether he was just reading or preaching or some combination thereof....whatever it was triggered the black lady....I think probably because she has some very serious problems....perhaps some black preacher molested her sometime or maybe the words were just hitting too hard on her guilt complex....people doing wrong can get very upset if someone points that out.

Anyhow...I do not think it was the wording of the article that upset you but the fact that someone would dare read from the bible or preach in public...that is what really bothers you aka....you and the black lady are probably very similar in nature....how would you react if you were accosted on the subway by someone reading from the Bible or preaching?

Be honest....would you have the urge to smack them...or maybe you would smack them?

Irregardless we live in a time of increasing hostility towards those who attempt to spread the gospel....I think it is going to get much worse.

Nothing upset me. I simply corrected an incorrect statement.

Well...that is not clear...it could be correct. As pointed out....'reading from the bible' can be done in 2 different ways. Reading silently or reading aloud.

Which has nothing to do with anything I said.
Why do you keep making this story about you. You're not mentioned

Rant to your shadows.

The OP's headline is a bit misleading. It gave me the impression that this woman wacked him for reading a book. Lots of people bring reading materials on the subway, so I thought "wow, that sucks." But it turns out that he was putting on some show that was disturbing the rest of the passengers. I can't condone wacking him with a shoe. I would like to think that someone would ask him politely to stop and that he would stop.

As far as we know, it disturbed one passenger.
One passenger and several left-wing anti-free speech posters here. This is a First Amendment debate, yet you insist on making it somehow about you.

Lol.......I was speaking about the article. Try sticking to it as opposed to the participants in the discussion.

Actually it is not clear whether he was just reading or preaching or some combination thereof....whatever it was triggered the black lady....I think probably because she has some very serious problems....perhaps some black preacher molested her sometime or maybe the words were just hitting too hard on her guilt complex....people doing wrong can get very upset if someone points that out.

Anyhow...I do not think it was the wording of the article that upset you but the fact that someone would dare read from the bible or preach in public...that is what really bothers you aka....you and the black lady are probably very similar in nature....how would you react if you were accosted on the subway by someone reading from the Bible or preaching?

Be honest....would you have the urge to smack them...or maybe you would smack them?

Irregardless we live in a time of increasing hostility towards those who attempt to spread the gospel....I think it is going to get much worse.

I don't condone anyone hitting an elderly person with a spike heel or anything else.

But why are you making up stories about what another person thinks or what his or her experiences have been? There simply is no basis for it.

What type of ideology he was trying to spread is not the issue. He could have been declaring his undying loyalty to the New York Yankees. The issue is rude behavior in public. I would give him a break because violence was used against him, he is elderly, and there is a possibility that he suffers from dementia or a similar malady.

Preachers on the subway is nothing new

Open Hostility towards christianity in a Christian nation ...well ya know
Guaranteed it was an angry left wing brainwashed white girl
20 bucks it was a transplant
She should go back to Kansas or nazi germany

Preachers on the subway is nothing new

Open Hostility towards christianity in a Christian nation ...well ya know
Guaranteed it was an angry left wing brainwashed white girl
20 bucks it was a transplant
She should go back to Kansas or nazi germany

No....it was a black lady.

The OP's headline is a bit misleading. It gave me the impression that this woman wacked him for reading a book. Lots of people bring reading materials on the subway, so I thought "wow, that sucks." But it turns out that he was putting on some show that was disturbing the rest of the passengers. I can't condone wacking him with a shoe. I would like to think that someone would ask him politely to stop and that he would stop.

And? At his age, he should know how to behave in public. Haven't you ever been on a bus or subway? Perhaps sitting next to somebody yapping loudly on a cell phone? People shouldn't be rude on public transportation. This headline made it sound like this guy was just reading a book on his lap. Misleading. The people who were in that train car were not there to be some sort of audience for him. They were just going places.
There is a lot worst things then what the old man was doing on the subway. A lot of people go places and are interfered with that and you would defend the culprits.

And? At his age, he should know how to behave in public. Haven't you ever been on a bus or subway? Perhaps sitting next to somebody yapping loudly on a cell phone? People shouldn't be rude on public transportation. This headline made it sound like this guy was just reading a book on his lap. Misleading. The people who were in that train car were not there to be some sort of audience for him. They were just going places.
There is a lot worst things then what the old man was doing on the subway. A lot of people go places and are interfered with that and you would defend the culprits.

The culprits in most cases are of a minority status. I will not go into that in great detail but we all know who they are.

And? At his age, he should know how to behave in public. Haven't you ever been on a bus or subway? Perhaps sitting next to somebody yapping loudly on a cell phone? People shouldn't be rude on public transportation. This headline made it sound like this guy was just readin g a book on his lap. Misleading. The people who were in that train car were not there to be some sort of audience for him. They were just going places.

A lot of people need a good talking to aka....preaching. I gurantee you this black woman who attacked the black preacher is a good example of someone who has a huge guilt complex and goes crazy when someone points out some things she does not want to hear....wallowing in her guilt she strikes out and could easily have killed the older gentlemen.

Wow! THAT is interesting but not at all surprising.

I bet this makes its actions more justifiable by th he left wing posters here:

“He didn’t say anything to hurt anyone, he wasn’t even loud, you could barely hear him talk but this is what he got in return from a transgendered lady,” the eyewitness wrote.

The thug/thugette smacked the man on the head with a stiletto heel and then threw away his Bible.

“He’s just an old man……. he doesn’t deserve this …Justice is needed,” the eyewitness wrote.

Police describe the suspect as female, black, with a dark complexion, about 6’1 ” tall with brown eyes and long, red hair.

Um – that dude is no lady.

Last edited:
Not quite what the OP states. But that'll teach him for torturing captive audiences.

The 79-year-old man was delivering a sermon aboard a southbound No. 2 train headed toward 42nd Street-Times Square just after 10 a.m. Thursday when the 30-something woman removed her shoe and whacked him in the head, police said.
https://nypost.com/2019/10/25/subway-rider-used-her-stiletto-to-attack-elderly-preacher-cops/
Doesn't matter

it's still an assault and since it is an assault because of his religious beliefs it is technically a hate crime

The worst thing is a street preacher, but I would not of hurt him or wacked him, but I would of told him to "shut up".
There's a big difference between a street preacher and this old man: On the street, people can WALK AWAY. How are you going to walk away when you're on a moving subway train?

Still doesn't justify physical assault and if you think otherwise you need to re-evaluate yourself.
That's an odd comment from someone who has, on several occasions, stated they would physically assault someone if they did X around you.

Not quite what the OP states. But that'll teach him for torturing captive audiences.

The 79-year-old man was delivering a sermon aboard a southbound No. 2 train headed toward 42nd Street-Times Square just after 10 a.m. Thursday when the 30-something woman removed her shoe and whacked him in the head, police said.
https://nypost.com/2019/10/25/subway-rider-used-her-stiletto-to-attack-elderly-preacher-cops/
Doesn't matter

it's still an assault and since it is an assault because of his religious beliefs it is technically a hate crime

The worst thing is a street preacher, but I would not of hurt him or wacked him, but I would of told him to "shut up".
There's a big difference between a street preacher and this old man: On the street, people can WALK AWAY. How are you going to walk away when you're on a moving subway train?

Still doesn't justify physical assault and if you think otherwise you need to re-evaluate yourself.
That's an odd comment from someone who has, on several occasions, stated they would physically assault someone if they did X around you.
like READ A BOOK? Try a little honesty

Looks like he wasn’t observing the 11th commandment:

11. Thou shalt keep thy religion to thyself.

Looks like he wasn’t observing the 11th commandment:

11. Thou shalt keep thy religion to thyself.

Someone who wishes that was in the bill of rights...hehheh

Unfortunately for those who think that way............no one has a right to be free from religion.........but we all have a right of freedom of religion.

One of the fundamental tenets of Christianity is to spread the gospel....anyone who interferes or attempts to interfere with that is denying or attempting to deny Christians the right to practice their religion.

THE GREAT COMMMISSION

And Jesus said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.

What You Need to Know About Religious Freedom

What does United States law say about sharing your faith in public? | Educate For Life

Last edited:

Forum List

Back