🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Woman who married her mom after they ‘hit it off’ pleads guilty to incest

It's a pretty sad state of affairs that there even have to be laws against this kind of thing. God, people are SO sick, it's not even funny.
But do consenting adults have the right to be sick?

But they were not sick they were in it for the benefits.
You can certainly tell those of us that actually read the story and go to class prepared...
The story doesn’t really explain the basis of the fraud. People get married for the benefits all the time without it being fraud. Was it fraud because it was an illegal marriage? That’s what I think, but I could be wrong.

It's a pretty sad state of affairs that there even have to be laws against this kind of thing. God, people are SO sick, it's not even funny.

They are sick too though. To do something like that, you must be kind of on the sick side. Or at least depraved with no pride and no dignity.
People believe that about same sex marriage in general....it’s sick.

They are sick too though. To do something like that, you must be kind of on the sick side. Or at least depraved with no pride and no dignity.
People believe that about same sex marriage in general....it’s sick.

No, because they are not related. It is sick to marry your relatives though. WTH?

Especially a parent marrying their child - there is not much that is more sick and wrong than that!

Yes, but should the state recognize incest as a valid "marriage situation"? I say no.
That is the same argument used against same sex marriage.

Well, I disagree. They aren't related to one another, so it is not "sick." Different, yes. Sick, no. Marrying your child, now that is sick. I would think these things would be clear. Obviously, I'm not a very good teacher! Time to break out the ruler!

Why is it sick to have laws against fraud?
If two non related people were to marry for the purpose of increased benefits, would it still be fraud? What makes it fraud other than that they are mother and daughter rather than not related?

Yes, but apparently one of these two losers admitted to it being for fraud. They are not only sick, but dumb as well.
That’s a circular argument. It’s only fraud because their marriage is illegal because they are related. If their marriage weren’t illegal it would not be fraud.

Yes, but should the state recognize incest as a valid "marriage situation"? I say no.
That is the same argument used against same sex marriage.

Well, I disagree. They aren't related to one another, so it is not "sick." Different, yes. Sick, no. Marrying your child, now that is sick. I would think these things would be clear. Obviously, I'm not a very good teacher! Time to break out the ruler!
Whether it is sick or not is a matter of opinion. Just a few years ago most people believed same sex marriage was sick. California even voted against it.

I’ve been playing devil’s advocate in this thread; however, when the Supreme Court ruled same sex marriage to be legal due to the equal protection clause, they opened the door to same sex marriage for adult biological relatives being legal based on the same exact logic. Immorality is not grounds for it being illegal.

No, parents should not be allowed to marry their children because it means they are sickos. End of thread.

I’ve been playing devil’s advocate in this thread; however, when the Supreme Court ruled same sex marriage to be legal due to the equal protection clause, they opened the door to same sex marriage for adult biological relatives being legal based on the same exact logic. Immorality is not grounds for it being illegal.

Why? Same sex couples are not relatives. There is a big difference there, where a parental figure is an "authority figure" in their child's life and is responsible for making GOOD decisions on their children's behalf.

Why? Same sex couples are not relatives. There is a big difference there, where a parental figure is an "authority figure" in their child's life and is responsible for making GOOD decisions on their children's behalf.
Good decisions, like killing her?

The thing that makes a difference is the relationship dynamics.

Good decisions, like killing her?

Well, that is ALSO illegal. Nobody is advocating for anyone being able to kill their child, and most people would never advocate for a parent marrying their children either.

No, parents should not be allowed to marry their children because it means they are sickos. End of thread.
Men should not be able to marry men and women should not be able to marry women because they are sickos. The the Supreme Court disagreed. Same sex marriage for adult mom and daughter is not here yet, but it’s coming if the courts are consistent,

Forum List

Back