women in combat: the baby problem....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yes...one of the issues not examined by those eager to put women in combat roles...how do you keep them from getting pregnant?

I was wondering...let's say a female soldier is raped as soon as she is captured...and is "with child" shortly after that......do we insist as part of the next Geneva conventions on P.O.W. Day care centers in all prison camps? since John McCain was a prisoner in Vietnam for years before being released.....would a 5 year old child of a pow get special status in the prison?

Women In The Military Want More Access To Birth Control The Daily Caller

Accidental pregnancy is 50 percent higher in the military than among female civilians, based on results from a Department of Defense survey conducted in 2008. Almost 11 percent of 7,000 active-duty female servicemembers in the survey experienced an unplanned pregnancy. This rate has increased since 2005.

Costs associated with pregnancy are high. If a female servicemember becomes pregnant while at home, she cannot deploy, and additionally, if she becomes pregnant out in the field, the military has to evacuate her at a cost of $10,000 dollars, a figure which only counts raw costs of transportation.

This is yet another reason why women should not be in combat.

It's natural for men to want to protect women (child bearers). I really don't see how a male soldier could count on a woman as an equal warrior.

now here is another sticky widget......let's say the female soldier is raped on capture...does anyone doubt this will happen? and like McCain and bergdahl,spends 5 or more years in captivity....now her and the child are going to be repatriated...what if the foreign government make claims on the child as a legitimate citizen of their country...they wouldn't have to even know who the rapist was to do that...right?

It's natural for men to want to protect women (child bearers). I really don't see how a male soldier could count on a woman as an equal warrior.
Easy. When I was in the military there was one person I had no doubt about if it came to a combat situation. That person happened to be a woman that outworked every other man on our team and made no excuses about her gender.

Easy. When I was in the military there was one person I had no doubt about if it came to a combat situation. That person happened to be a woman that outworked every other man on our team and made no excuses about her gender.

I'm sure there are outliers, but in general, I doubt that sentiment is shared for all female combaat soldiers.

I'm sure there are outliers, but in general, I doubt that sentiment is shared for all female combaat soldiers.
True but then again that sentiment isnt shared by all male combat soldiers either.

There are a few women who do very good in combat situations and they should be allowed to engage in combat if they choose. However, making the blanket statement that any woman can do good in combat is every bit as ridiculous as claiming every man can do good. It simply isn't true.

More men, are able to do well, than women, because of their physical size which helps immensely. However, in the mental arena I give the edge to the women. The problem is you are dealing with government and government does very poorly in a one by one basis. They resort to lowest common denominator methodology with all of that methods problems.

I wonder how Israel handles the problem. I think they take pregnancy and neonatal time out of national service time. (I'm guessing) You have to do your 2 years regardless. I have seen pilots who have babies that they take care of on the flight line.

They do have policies in this, and 90% of military jobs can be handled by women.

That said, I think most Israeli female soldiers at the very least are rigorous about birth control.

The US military is entirely volunteer. They are gung ho and rigorous about birth control.

And I don't believe women are going to be pregnant on the firing line

Women in combat with babies?....hmmm .....babies would make great IED's ....who wouldnt help a little lost baby.......then....BOOM!

:ack-1::badgrin:

and the POW question...I noticed everyone side stepped that....

It's already happened and they have already been sexually abused. Your point?

And just so you know, MEN are raped as POW's too.

It's already happened and they have already been sexually abused. Your point?

And just so you know, MEN are raped as POW's too.

I have no doubt that it has happened, but what about a 5 year stay....how would a child be handled...do we want to have to deal with that situation?

men can't get pregnant can they?

now here is another sticky widget......let's say the female soldier is raped on capture...does anyone doubt this will happen? and like McCain and bergdahl,spends 5 or more years in captivity....now her and the child are going to be repatriated...what if the foreign government make claims on the child as a legitimate citizen of their country...they wouldn't have to even know who the rapist was to do that...right?
If a female POW becomes pregnant, the enemy will just abort the fetus.

Can you have the best military in the world with an all male force?

Yep.

Can you have the best military in the world with an all female force?

Nope.

Not Muslims...

Not Muslims...
You clearly know nothing about Muslims. Abortion is permissible in Islam up to four months.

And...hello? Rape of a POW! That is not in keeping with Islam either.

"Yeah, we raped her, but we draw the line at abortion..."

Yep.

Nope.
Thanks for your opinion. However, Its apparent you dont know what you are talking about.

Yep.

Nope.
Thanks for your opinion. However, Its apparent you dont know what you are talking about.
I'm retired military, so I'm afraid I do know what I am talking about.

We all know one special female who was tough and all that shit, but every idiot knows that in the aggregate, women just can't do what men can do in combat.

For every hot shit female you knew, I know you knew several worthless ones. The ratio of worthless men to hot shit men is nothing like it is for females in combat roles.

So...

Yep.

Nope.

Forum List

Back