women in combat: the baby problem....

This is yet another reason why women should not be in combat.

It's natural for men to want to protect women (child bearers). I really don't see how a male soldier could count on a woman as an equal warrior.
Easy. When I was in the military there was one person I had no doubt about if it came to a combat situation. That person happened to be a woman that outworked every other man on our team and made no excuses about her gender.
Can you have the best military in the world with an all male force?

Yep.

Can you have the best military in the world with an all female force?

Nope.
Thanks for your opinion. However, Its apparent you dont know what you are talking about.
I'm retired military, so I'm afraid I do know what I am talking about.

We all know one special female who was tough and all that shit, but every idiot knows that in the aggregate, women just can't do what men can do in combat.

For every hot shit female you knew, I know you knew several worthless ones. The ratio of worthless men to hot shit men is nothing like it is for females in combat roles.

So...

Yep.

Nope.
So what you are retired from the military? That doesnt make you an expert on anything. What is the basis of your opinion since women have traditionally not been allowed to fight?

In my experience in the military there were way more males that wouldnt be worth a damn in combat as compared to women.

It's natural for men to want to protect women (child bearers). I really don't see how a male soldier could count on a woman as an equal warrior.
Easy. When I was in the military there was one person I had no doubt about if it came to a combat situation. That person happened to be a woman that outworked every other man on our team and made no excuses about her gender.

Yep.

Nope.
Thanks for your opinion. However, Its apparent you dont know what you are talking about.

We all know one special female who was tough and all that shit, but every idiot knows that in the aggregate, women just can't do what men can do in combat.

For every hot shit female you knew, I know you knew several worthless ones. The ratio of worthless men to hot shit men is nothing like it is for females in combat roles.

So...

Yep.

Nope.
So what you are retired from the military? That doesnt make you an expert on anything. What is the basis of your opinion since women have traditionally not been allowed to fight?

In my experience in the military there were way more males that wouldnt be worth a damn in combat as compared to women.
You dismiss my 20 years of active service as being irrelevant and then say "In my experience in the military..."

Yeah. Okay. Whatever, hypocrite.

Yep.

Nope.

So...

Yep.

Nope.

You dismiss my 20 years of active service as being irrelevant and then say "In my experience in the military..."

Yeah. Okay. Whatever, hypocrite.
Yeah. I said "in my experience". I didnt profess to be an expert because of it and say an all female force would be the best military in the world. If you cant answer my question just say so. No need to deflect.

Should women be allowed in combat? Yes.

What happens if the woman is taken POW, held for a long time and has a child while POW? Well..........the child would be born abroad to American parents, and therefore is a U.S. Citizen. Just ask Ted Cruz.

I served in the U.S. Navy from 1982 until 2002 and was a Personnelman. If a woman was pregnant while onboard a ship, she was immediately transferred back to shore to have the child. I would presume the same thing would happen in a combat zone. Are there going to be women who get pregnant to avoid combat? Probably, but there are women in the U.S. Navy who deliberately get pregnant to avoid sea duty.

If they are willing to serve in combat and are physically qualified to do so, I say go for it.

And yeah................when we first started putting women on combat vessels, some of the cro-magnon types bitched and said they would ruin the Navy, but hey.................it hasn't happened yet, and not only do they serve on ships, but fly combat aircraft as well.

Will a child born to a pow expect the same coverage according to the Geneva conventions.....?

Yep.

Nope.

So...

Yep.

Nope.

Just look at the casualty figures from the German attack on Stalingrad. The recon company of the 24th Panzer Division was advancing up to the edge of the city when they were fired on by an anti aircraft artillery unit. The Germans attacked and wiped them out super quick. When they went to inspect their handiwork, (and try and figure out why the Soviet unit faired so poorly) they discovered it was crewed by women.

They simply couldn't serve the weapons as fast as men could because they lacked the physical strength necessary.

The modern battlefield is going to be more and more brains focused. Over the past 300 years it has been more and more brains focused, and it grows faster as year chases year.

Women can do some jobs jobs better than men. The vast majority of jobs requiring brute strength and endurance. The pack of a common soldier is 60% of a female body weight and they have to hike 15 miles a day for a month. The human frame can't handle that.

However, there are tons of jobs that require feminine skills that men just can't do. Women excel as snipers, watch tower personnel, detail electronics builders. They excel as pilots and aircraft turnaround personnel. The intelligent army puts the right soldier in the right job.

Israel has had to be intelligent about its personnel policies. It has women who can out macho men, but not many. It has males who can do the aggravating tiny detail work, but not many. They slot depending on where the need is, not the prejudice says

The modern battlefield is going to be more and more brains focused. Over the past 300 years it has been more and more brains focused, and it grows faster as year chases year.

Women can do some jobs jobs better than men. The vast majority of jobs requiring brute strength and endurance. The pack of a common soldier is 60% of a female body weight and they have to hike 15 miles a day for a month. The human frame can't handle that.

However, there are tons of jobs that require feminine skills that men just can't do. Women excel as snipers, watch tower personnel, detail electronics builders. They excel as pilots and aircraft turnaround personnel. The intelligent army puts the right soldier in the right job.

Israel has had to be intelligent about its personnel policies. It has women who can out macho men, but not many. It has males who can do the aggravating tiny detail work, but not many. They slot depending on where the need is, not the prejudice says

And a woman POW...who is pregnant? And held for more than a few years?

Will a child born to a pow expect the same coverage according to the Geneva conventions.....?

That question is just stupid, and you know it.

But the situation is real. POWs have been held for more than a few years, female soldiers are almost always raped by non western militaries and it was the standard practice of Russia and Germany as well as Japan.......so again.....how do we deal with that event?

Look, you guys don't want to admit the issue exists...I get it...but it has to be addressed....

That question is just stupid, and you know it.

But the situation is real. POWs have been held for more than a few years, female soldiers are almost always raped by non western militaries and it was the standard practice of Russia and Germany as well as Japan.......so again.....how do we deal with that event?

Babies will be aborted as has been pointed out to you. Regimes don't want to have to take care of them any more than they have to.

It is a problem, no doubt. However, women are better off as soldiers.

Women have always been rape victims during war time. Giving them a gun evens the playing field

Yep.

Nope.

So...

Yep.

Nope.

Just look at the casualty figures from the German attack on Stalingrad. The recon company of the 24th Panzer Division was advancing up to the edge of the city when they were fired on by an anti aircraft artillery unit. The Germans attacked and wiped them out super quick. When they went to inspect their handiwork, (and try and figure out why the Soviet unit faired so poorly) they discovered it was crewed by women.

They simply couldn't serve the weapons as fast as men could because they lacked the physical strength necessary.
.......Or may they werent trained as rigorously as the men and were only assigned as an after thought or out of need to a position they werent used to "manning". There is not one shred of credible evidence that says women cannot function in combat as well or better than men.

Yep.

Nope.

So...

Yep.

Nope.

.......Or may they werent trained as rigorously as the men and were only assigned as an after thought or out of need to a position they werent used to "manning". There is not one shred of credible evidence that says women cannot function in combat as well or better than men.

Other than the fact they haven't been able to get through Ranger School, or Marine officer infantry schoo?

Yep.

Nope.

So...

Yep.

Nope.

They were trained as well as the men. The Soviets used females for entire units and as a group they always did poorly compared to their male counterparts. They did passably well as snipers and they had a couple who were exceptional fighter pilots. Though, for the most part, their flying duties were in bombing and transport.

So...

Yep.

Nope.

Other than the fact they haven't been able to get through Ranger School, or Marine officer infantry schoo?
For starters you dont have to get through any of those schools to be in combat. What made you think you had to do so?

You also have a serious strength problem as woman can't do half of what men do. It is a very bad idea.
But they also have little hands so that they get right in to cut that blue wire...NO, NOT THE GREEN WIRE, I SAID THE BLUE ONE!!!!

So...

Yep.

Nope.

They were trained as well as the men. The Soviets used females for entire units and as a group they always did poorly compared to their male counterparts. They did passably well as snipers and they had a couple who were exceptional fighter pilots. Though, for the most part, their flying duties were in bombing and transport.
How long did this experiment go on? If it was not something normal then you are discounting the effect of life long training for combat. In a society where this is accepted women would perform just as well or better than men.

So...

Yep.

Nope.

How long did this experiment go on? If it was not something normal then you are discounting the effect of life long training for combat. In a society where this is accepted women would perform just as well or better than men.

It wasn't an "experiment". It was normal for the time. The Soviets lost so many men in the initial invasion they mobilized everybody and they didn't care if you were male or female. Most of the female units were artillery. Mortar or light field guns.

Forum List

Back