Kamala Harris: “Women are getting pregnant every day in America, and this is a real issue."

I think Kamala Harris is pleased that she doesn't have distinctly black features. However she must've always known she's racially marginalized because she attended a historically black college. Graduates of black colleges are typically wildly successful compared to black alumni of traditional mainstream universities. It's not what you know it's who you know. However my mom turned me off to black colleges when she told me they were originally founded by antebellum slaveholders to educate the select blacks they emancipated. The motive for establishing these universities was not racially neutral. It was specifically to reinforce racist divide-and-conquer tactics, ultimately to further oppress the general black population. Since black colleges also have low academic standards, I decided to take my chances attending a mainstream university.
Ironically I would've joined an organization for biracial people at a historically white college. Birds of a feather. I just wouldn't want to attend a school which was founded for the express purpose of making the slave system more sophisticated. No indeed. That's a labyrinth you'll NEVER find your way out of.

Forum List

Back