Women should dress modestly or expect to 'entice a rapist...'

LOL! Sorry, I didn't realize that you were so stupid you didn't understand a common term for your logical fallacy.

You go right ahead and tell women that they should wear burkas because the vast majority of men are rapists. And when they get raped anyway you can pretend they got raped for a come hither look in their eye.

:thup:

Argumentum ad absurdum.

Again, you confuse what normal people think with what rapists think.
No, that would be you Marty. But be my guest. Prove your point.

If no blame is assigned, what is wrong with telling women that dressing provocatively may single them out for attention, or have you never seen construction workers catcalling women as they walk by. Which women do they catcall more?
The ones that are breathing.

What harm does it do, you ask? Two things. First it makes all victims responsible for the actions of someone else. Second, it puts forward the asinine belief that you will not get raped if you dress to Marty's standards.

It doesn't make the victim responsible unless the law is changed to say that the victims' dress is a mitigating factor.

You are dealing with absolutes, not risk. So you are telling me there is no increase in risk for a woman if she dresses provocatively in a bar? Zero risk increase?
Nah, you might get more guys slobbering over you but that doesn't make them rapists. Go ahead and show us the data that proves your point.

Rapists don't choose victims on the basis of what they are wearing but how vulnerable the victim is percieved to be. Violent rapists aren't stimulated by visual cues like nudity. They are stimulated by the fear they can cause.

What about the "roofie" guy in a bar?
Date rapists aren't attracted by what a woman is wearing either. Date rape is a crime of opportunity. It's whoever will give them the opportunity.

Women know how to handle themselves in a bar and not get roofied so they don't.

and you know this for sure how? Risk is a combination of factors, and you say appearance is not one of them?

Argumentum ad absurdum.

If no blame is assigned, what is wrong with telling women that dressing provocatively may single them out for attention, or have you never seen construction workers catcalling women as they walk by. Which women do they catcall more?

What harm does it do, you ask? Two things. First it makes all victims responsible for the actions of someone else. Second, it puts forward the asinine belief that you will not get raped if you dress to Marty's standards.

It doesn't make the victim responsible unless the law is changed to say that the victims' dress is a mitigating factor.

You are dealing with absolutes, not risk. So you are telling me there is no increase in risk for a woman if she dresses provocatively in a bar? Zero risk increase?
Nah, you might get more guys slobbering over you but that doesn't make them rapists. Go ahead and show us the data that proves your point.

Show me the data that proves it isn't.

I want to see you type it, "Appearance does not increase the risk of rape, either violent on the street rape, or roofie-bar rape"

LOL! Sorry, I didn't realize that you were so stupid you didn't understand a common term for your logical fallacy.

You go right ahead and tell women that they should wear burkas because the vast majority of men are rapists. And when they get raped anyway you can pretend they got raped for a come hither look in their eye.

:thup:

Argumentum ad absurdum.

The risk is having some drunk lay all over her, not getting raped.

How many women are raped by someone they met in a bar? Any woman, at any time, that is a frightened, lame, doe in the forest is going to attract a predator. Mostly, it's not a bar, it's walking alone, it's getting into their car. It's someone they already know and their guard is down. By far and away, it's someone they already know.

Argumentum ad absurdum.

How many women are raped by someone they met in a bar? Any woman, at any time, that is a frightened, lame, doe in the forest is going to attract a predator. Mostly, it's not a bar, it's walking alone, it's getting into their car. It's someone they already know and their guard is down. By far and away, it's someone they already know.

Again, risk factors. But your blanket denial that appearances does not constitute a risk factor is almost willful ignorance.

Why would appearance attract one of those drunk guys, but not some roofie bastard?

I want to see you type it, "Appearance does not increase the risk of rape, either violent on the street rape, or roofie-bar rape"
StMDEFEND already posted it.

Appearance does not increase the risk of rape, either violent on the street rape, or roofie-bar type rape.

Rape is not about sex. It is about hurting people.

This is amazing.

They confuse informing someone of risks with placing blame on them after it happens if they don't mitigate the risks, something which no one in this conversation has proposed.

Given two women sitting at a bar alone, both reasonably attractive, if one is dressed in a low cut but tasteful top, and the other has the side boob rocking, do you think this plays no part in some roofie bastards choice of his next target?

Rapists don't choose victims on the basis of what they are wearing but how vulnerable the victim is percieved to be. Violent rapists aren't stimulated by visual cues like nudity. They are stimulated by the fear they can cause.

Date rapists aren't attracted by what a woman is wearing either. Date rape is a crime of opportunity. It's whoever will give them the opportunity.

and you know this for sure how? Risk is a combination of factors, and you say appearance is not one of them?
Years of representing rapists and attending seminars on rape psychology. I've even taught a few.

The idea that a woman's appearance will drive men mad and turn them into rapists belongs in Saudi Arabia. It just isn't true.

Dress skimpy and a woman might get a lot of attention, which is why she's dressing that way in the first place, but it won't, alone, turn a man into a rapist.

Again, risk factors. But your blanket denial that appearances does not constitute a risk factor is almost willful ignorance.

Why would appearance attract one of those drunk guys, but not some roofie bastard?
Because they aren't going out to find someone to rape. They are going out to find someone to have consensual sex with.

Appearance does not increase the risk of rape, either violent on the street rape, or roofie-bar type rape.

Some forms of rape is not about sex, for on the street pull the woman in the corner rape, it's about power. I disagree on some of the roofie guys though, for them its about getting laid the easiest way possible.

Some pathologies cannot be typcast in neat little boxes.

Years of representing rapists and attending seminars on rape psychology. I've even taught a few.

The idea that a woman's appearance will drive men mad and turn them into rapists belongs in Saudi Arabia. It just isn't true.

Dress skimpy and a woman might get a lot of attention, which is why she's dressing that way in the first place, but it won't, alone, turn a man into a rapist.

It's not about turning a man into a rapist, it's what someone who even considers rape to be an option thinks.

This is amazing.

They confuse informing someone of risks with placing blame on them after it happens if they don't mitigate the risks, something which no one in this conversation has proposed.

Given two women sitting at a bar alone, both reasonably attractive, if one is dressed in a low cut but tasteful top, and the other has the side boob rocking, do you think this plays no part in some roofie bastards choice of his next target?
No. The roofie bastard will choose the one who is most likely to give him an opportunity to slip in that roofie.

Because they aren't going out to find someone to rape. They are going out to find someone to have consensual sex with.

As plan A, but some of them will have a few pills on Plan B in their pocket.

This is amazing.

No. The roofie bastard will choose the one who is most likely to give him an opportunity to slip in that roofie.

Given an equal chance, you are saying he will never choose one or the other based on appearance?

Some forms of rape is not about sex, for on the street pull the woman in the corner rape, it's about power. I disagree on some of the roofie guys though, for them its about getting laid the easiest way possible.

Some pathologies cannot be typcast in neat little boxes.
You believe roofie-rape is a cake walk that doesn't cause harm?

It's not about turning a man into a rapist, it's what someone who even considers rape to be an option thinks.
Back this up with facts, please.

This is amazing.

Given an equal chance, you are saying he will never choose one or the other based on appearance?
No. Those who use date rape drugs are looking for a woman that will trust them. It doesn't matter what she looks like.

Actually the more sexy a woman is dressed, the more likely it is that she is knowledgeable enough not to be trusting. It is unbelievably easy to avoid roofies and date rape drugs.

Forum List

Back