Women should dress modestly or expect to 'entice a rapist...'

Facts and psychology do not go hand in had. Again we are talking risk.
And you are only using your feelings to determine risk. Laughable.

I am using common sense to determine risk. If dressing a certain way attracts undue attention from men who only want to gawk at or hit on a woman, why would the same dress not increase the risk of a roofie guy coming after her?
Have you seen Cosby's girlfriends? :puke3:

All the more reason to think that you can't standardize the motives of a rapist, be it the drag them in the bushes type, or the slip them a roofie type.
Then in turn you can't standardize the risks associated with women in various states of undress. Thanks for the discussion and I wish you better luck next time.

Risk analysis of this situation cannot rely on standardization, because there is no "Ideal gas law" equivalent to determine the motives and actions of the typical rapist.

Your dismissal is unwarranted, and shows you cannot debate the topic at hand.

Don't know much about bike bars, but of the many bikers I've met, they are more bark than bite.
Like construction workers in NYC, they talk a lot but when you actually meet them, they are quite nice. So they whistle and wolf but how you are dress, or if you are dressed should not matter.

Probably pull out a chair, offer you their shirt, buy you a coffee and ask in what direction you are going and do you need a ride.

Why do people assume biker are bad? Leather, tattoos and bikes do not make someone bad. Probably a few bankers, stock brokers, restaurant owners, real estate agents, car dealers, artists, architects, business owner, even off duty police among them.

I would object to the bike bar, but my daughter is old enough to make her own choices in life.
Agreed!

So tell me: If your daughter chose to wear a tight minidress to a biker bar, would you feel that she was adding even 1% more risk by wearing it than by wearing, say, baggy army fatigues?

1% more risk?

Don't know much about bike bars, but of the many bikers I've met, they are more bark than bite.
Like construction workers in NYC, they talk a lot but when you actually meet them, they are quite nice. So they whistle and wolf but how you are dress, or if you are dressed should not matter.

Probably pull out a chair, offer you their shirt, buy you a coffee and ask in what direction you are going and do you need a ride.

Why do people assume biker are bad? Leather, tattoos and bikes do not make someone bad. Probably a few bankers, stock brokers, restaurant owners, real estate agents, car dealers, artists, architects, business owner, even off duty police among them.
Wait, are you saying that how someone dresses doesn't make them a rapist?????????????????

I am using common sense to determine risk. If dressing a certain way attracts undue attention from men who only want to gawk at or hit on a woman, why would the same dress not increase the risk of a roofie guy coming after her?

All the more reason to think that you can't standardize the motives of a rapist, be it the drag them in the bushes type, or the slip them a roofie type.
Then in turn you can't standardize the risks associated with women in various states of undress. Thanks for the discussion and I wish you better luck next time.

Risk analysis of this situation cannot rely on standardization, because there is no "Ideal gas law" equivalent to determine the motives and actions of the typical rapist.

You just conceded there is no way to standardize the motives of a rapist which fatally undermined your claim that the risk to a nude woman could be quantified. You just did it again.

I was just trying to be gracious to somebody who sank his own boat, but here, let me be a little more blunt. You lost. Have a nice day.

How ignorant can a person be? I don't care if a woman is walking naked down the middle of the street, she is not looking to be raped. Anyone who believes a person's attire is an invitation to rape needs a good slap to the head...

How about someone wearing a KKK uniform in a Black neighborhood? Does that change your tune?
Never heard of a klan member getting raped in a Black neighborhood. Is that what happened to you? Tell us about it.

Back this up with facts, please.

The roofie guy is looking for something other than a woman dressed in a particular way.

And you are 100% sure of this because?
At the risk of repeating myself. I have known and represented many many rapists. I have attended numerous seminars on the psychology of rape and even taught a few.

The roofie guy is primarily looking for a woman who is trusting. She might be good looking or not. She might be wearing,a mini skirt and no underwear or not. All that runs a distant second. Will she leave her drink alone long enough for him to slip something into it. Will she go to the bathroom and not take her drink with her. While she's gone and roofie guy orders her another drink, will she send it back.

No matter how provocatively a woman is dressed, if roofie guy can't get that trust, he moves on.

So there are people here who wouldn't think twice about having their daughter wear a skintight minidress into a biker bar.

Wouldn't bother them in the least.

Somehow I'm not surprised.
What does that have to do with deliberately enticing someone to rape them?

Agreed. Some of the most decent people you could meet can be found in these bars. They're good people.

So there are people here who wouldn't think twice about having their daughter wear a skintight minidress into a biker bar.

Nothing, since you chose to add the word "deliberately".

I agree with Ms. Hynde.

I agree with Ms. Hynde.

I agree with Ms. Hynde.
I didnt add the word deliberately. It was implied in the title of the OP. Looks like Ms Hynde is 63 years of age so she is part of the generation that blames the victim because men cant control themselves.

So you wouldn't be able to control yourself & will just fling yourself upon her & take her against her will because you just couldn't help yourself & it was all her fault for 'enticing' you?

yeah exactly, chrissie hynde must be struggling with her own demons because of what happened in her past... imo she just doesn't feel comfortable playing the victim but i doubt she meant to excuse men who take advantage of women...

You just conceded there is no way to standardize the motives of a rapist which fatally undermined your claim that the risk to a nude woman could be quantified. You just did it again.

I was just trying to be gracious to somebody who sank his own boat, but here, let me be a little more blunt. You lost. Have a nice day.

why is standardizing it a requirement for warning people that it COULD be a risk? So every rapists has to use it as a qualifier, or it has to be discarded as a potential risk factor?

Are you an idiot?

The roofie guy is looking for something other than a woman dressed in a particular way.

At the risk of repeating myself. I have known and represented many many rapists. I have attended numerous seminars on the psychology of rape and even taught a few.

The roofie guy is primarily looking for a woman who is trusting. She might be good looking or not. She might be wearing,a mini skirt and no underwear or not. All that runs a distant second. Will she leave her drink alone long enough for him to slip something into it. Will she go to the bathroom and not take her drink with her. While she's gone and roofie guy orders her another drink, will she send it back.

No matter how provocatively a woman is dressed, if roofie guy can't get that trust, he moves on.

So what she looks like plays no role whatsoever in his approaching women?

So what she looks like plays no role whatsoever in his approaching women?
Not if his intention is to rape her.

Since I can't get any straight answers, I'm gonna try one more time.

Here is the scenario. Your 21-year old daughter has decided to wear the perfectly legal dress illustrated below to a local biker bar. She is an adult and you have absolutely no control over her decision. All you have is your opinion and your concern for her welfare as a loving parent.

In your opinion, would you be concerned that she might be adding at least .01% to the level of risk in her evening? That perhaps a guy who has had a few too many beers might go a bit too far in approaching her? In any way, whatsoever?

There, I tried to eliminate potential straw man arguments.

Looking forward to the straight answers. To ask again: Would you be concerned that she might be adding at least .01% to the level of risk in her evening? Yes or no?

pink_minidress_by_monokini24-d5oakzc.jpg

Here is the scenario. Your 21-year old daughter has decided to wear the perfectly legal dress illustrated below to a local biker bar. She is an adult and you have absolutely no control over her decision. All you have is your opinion and your concern for her welfare as a loving parent.

In your opinion, would you be concerned that she might be adding at least .01% to the level of risk in her evening? That perhaps a guy who has had a few too many beers might go a bit too far in approaching her? In any way, whatsoever?

Looking forward to the straight answers. To ask again: Would you be concerned that she might be adding at least .01% to the level of risk in her evening? Yes or no?

No. Rape is about power not looks. There is a reason 90 year old women get raped. You cant possibly believe they look like the woman in the photo do you?

No. Rape is about power not looks. There is a reason 90 year old women get raped. You cant possibly believe they look like the woman in the photo do you?
Wow.

Okay, I believe you.

If a woman was to wear something like that dress into a bar up here she'd have /at least/ 10 offered coats because she'd be freezing her nips off heh

Forum List

Back