Women should dress modestly or expect to 'entice a rapist...'

Since I can't get any straight answers, I'm gonna try one more time.

Here is the scenario. Your 21-year old daughter has decided to wear the perfectly legal dress illustrated below to a local biker bar. She is an adult and you have absolutely no control over her decision. All you have is your opinion and your concern for her welfare as a loving parent.

In your opinion, would you be concerned that she might be adding at least .01% to the level of risk in her evening? That perhaps a guy who has had a few too many beers might go a bit too far in approaching her? In any way, whatsoever?

There, I tried to eliminate potential straw man arguments.

Looking forward to the straight answers. To ask again: Would you be concerned that she might be adding at least .01% to the level of risk in her evening? Yes or no?

pink_minidress_by_monokini24-d5oakzc.jpg
No. Rape is about power not looks. There is a reason 90 year old women get raped. You cant possibly believe they look like the woman in the photo do you?
Wow.

Okay, I believe you.
That was a great deflection. If you just wanted someone to agree with you then you should have just said that. The weird thing is that I dont think about raping women because they have less clothing on.

Here is the scenario. Your 21-year old daughter has decided to wear the perfectly legal dress illustrated below to a local biker bar. She is an adult and you have absolutely no control over her decision. All you have is your opinion and your concern for her welfare as a loving parent.

In your opinion, would you be concerned that she might be adding at least .01% to the level of risk in her evening? That perhaps a guy who has had a few too many beers might go a bit too far in approaching her? In any way, whatsoever?

Looking forward to the straight answers. To ask again: Would you be concerned that she might be adding at least .01% to the level of risk in her evening? Yes or no?

No. Rape is about power not looks. There is a reason 90 year old women get raped. You cant possibly believe they look like the woman in the photo do you?
Wow.

Okay, I believe you.
That was a great deflection. If you just wanted someone to agree with you then you should have just said that.
What's the deflection? I asked a direct question and you provided a direct answer.

I don't get that very often, so good for you.

No need to be defensive.

I am using common sense to determine risk. If dressing a certain way attracts undue attention from men who only want to gawk at or hit on a woman, why would the same dress not increase the risk of a roofie guy coming after her?
The roofie guy is looking for something other than a woman dressed in a particular way.

And you are 100% sure of this because?
At the risk of repeating myself. I have known and represented many many rapists. I have attended numerous seminars on the psychology of rape and even taught a few.

The roofie guy is primarily looking for a woman who is trusting. She might be good looking or not. She might be wearing,a mini skirt and no underwear or not. All that runs a distant second. Will she leave her drink alone long enough for him to slip something into it. Will she go to the bathroom and not take her drink with her. While she's gone and roofie guy orders her another drink, will she send it back.

No matter how provocatively a woman is dressed, if roofie guy can't get that trust, he moves on.

So what she looks like plays no role whatsoever in his approaching women?
Not if his intention is to rape her.

How do you know? Do you have the mind of a rapist?

People are lumping violent knife/gun point psychopath rapists with lazy roofie opportunist rapists.

Wow.

Okay, I believe you.
That was a great deflection. If you just wanted someone to agree with you then you should have just said that.
What's the deflection? I asked a direct question and you provided a direct answer.

No need to be defensive.
why don't you start a poll? Put up a picture of two women, one that you find attractive and one that you don't, and ask, "would you rape either of these women?"

The roofie guy is looking for something other than a woman dressed in a particular way.

At the risk of repeating myself. I have known and represented many many rapists. I have attended numerous seminars on the psychology of rape and even taught a few.

The roofie guy is primarily looking for a woman who is trusting. She might be good looking or not. She might be wearing,a mini skirt and no underwear or not. All that runs a distant second. Will she leave her drink alone long enough for him to slip something into it. Will she go to the bathroom and not take her drink with her. While she's gone and roofie guy orders her another drink, will she send it back.

No matter how provocatively a woman is dressed, if roofie guy can't get that trust, he moves on.

People are lumping violent knife/gun point psychopath rapists with lazy roofie opportunist rapists.
I think they're serious. I think they see no problem, none, at all.

I dont have to have the mind of a rapist. All I need to do is understand the psychosis. Its about power.

I would object to the bike bar, but my daughter is old enough to make her own choices in life.
Agreed!

So tell me: If your daughter chose to wear a tight minidress to a biker bar, would you feel that she was adding even 1% more risk by wearing it than by wearing, say, baggy army fatigues?

1% more risk?

I'd like to see my daughter in a dress. :)

They wear what they want, but if they even have a dress still in their closet, it would be a surprise.
My daughter wears light spaghetti strap tops, but she lives in Florida. At work, it is pants and short sleeves.

It is not so much what you wear but your attitude. If you look and act like a victim, you are more likely to become a victim. If you behave like an equal, you will more likely be treated that way.
It's the rabbit that thinks its a pitbull idea.

Wow.

Okay, I believe you.

No need to be defensive.
why don't you start a poll? Put up a picture of two women, one that you find attractive and one that you don't, and ask, "would you rape either of these women?"
I just asked a direct question, that should be enough for reasonable adults.

Your answer?

I would object to the bike bar, but my daughter is old enough to make her own choices in life.
Agreed!

So tell me: If your daughter chose to wear a tight minidress to a biker bar, would you feel that she was adding even 1% more risk by wearing it than by wearing, say, baggy army fatigues?

1% more risk?

They wear what they want, but if they even have a dress still in their closet, it would be a surprise.
My daughter wears light spaghetti strap tops, but she lives in Florida. At work, it is pants and short sleeves.

It is not so much what you wear but your attitude. If you look and act like a victim, you are more likely to become a victim. If you behave like an equal, you will more likely be treated that way.
Okay, so your answer is that you'd have no concern whatsoever?

Wow.

Okay, I believe you.

No need to be defensive.
I asked you a question in my post. You deflected instead of answering it. I didnt get defensive. I just pointed out your deflection.

does she at least have a thong on?
It is not the dress, but the attitude and confidence to wear that type of dress.
We see more skin at the beach.

Wow.

Okay, I believe you.

No need to be defensive.
I asked you a question in my post. You deflected instead of answering it. I didnt get defensive. I just pointed out your deflection.
Ah, my apologies, I thought you were just asking an absurd rhetorical question.

No, the woman in the photo looks nothing like any 90-year old I've ever seen.

Okay?

Wow.

Okay, I believe you.

No need to be defensive.
Ah, my apologies, I thought you were just asking an absurd rhetorical question.

No, the woman in the photo looks nothing like any 90-year old I've ever seen.

Okay?
Following that logic would you agree its not about sex....at least in those cases?

So says Chrissie Hynde...

Singer Chrissie Hynde has come under fire for suggesting it can be a woman's fault if she is raped.

"You know if you don't want to entice a rapist, don't wear high heels so you can't run from him," she said, in an interview in the Sunday Times.

The Pretenders singer, 63, said she takes "full responsibility" after she was sexually assaulted aged 21 in Ohio.

"If I'm walking around in my underwear and I'm drunk. Who else's fault can it be?" Hynde told Krissi Murison.

Chrissie Hynde under fire for rape remarks

How ignorant can a person be? I don't care if a woman is walking naked down the middle of the street, she is not looking to be raped. Anyone who believes a person's attire is an invitation to rape needs a good slap to the head...

I doubt anyone is "looking" to be raped, but wearing provocative clothing, or walking "naked" as you suggest will likely up the odds of a sexual assault.

So says Chrissie Hynde...

Singer Chrissie Hynde has come under fire for suggesting it can be a woman's fault if she is raped.

"You know if you don't want to entice a rapist, don't wear high heels so you can't run from him," she said, in an interview in the Sunday Times.

The Pretenders singer, 63, said she takes "full responsibility" after she was sexually assaulted aged 21 in Ohio.

"If I'm walking around in my underwear and I'm drunk. Who else's fault can it be?" Hynde told Krissi Murison.

Chrissie Hynde under fire for rape remarks

How ignorant can a person be? I don't care if a woman is walking naked down the middle of the street, she is not looking to be raped. Anyone who believes a person's attire is an invitation to rape needs a good slap to the head...

I doubt anyone is "looking" to be raped, but wearing provocative clothing, or walking "naked" as you suggest will likely up the odds of a sexual assault.
Whats your rationale for that opinion?

Agreed!

1% more risk?

Okay, so your answer is that you'd have no concern whatsoever?

I trust my children and raised them to be comfortable with who they are. They are capable of handling themselves in almost any situation.

No, I am not concerned about them.

Wow.

Okay, I believe you.

No need to be defensive.
I just asked a direct question, that should be enough for reasonable adults.

Your answer?
I already typed out my answer to Marty.

Why are you afraid to do the poll?

A major go to H E double toothpicks

men should super glue their zipper if they have no control

Or just super glue the end of their P closed and to their zipper in the close position.

Naked, half dressed of anything else, no man has a right to rape any women.

I will dress as I want to, mostly depending on the weather, my mood and my plans for the day, or night.

If you can't control yourself, maybe you should be neutered or fully castrated. I'm sure a vet with a pair of ball crushers could help, or there is the knife instead.

You are free to dress as you choose, you shouldn't have to worry about it. The reality is however that if you dress provocatively you are probably increasing your chances of drawing unwanted attention.

A major go to H E double toothpicks

men should super glue their zipper if they have no control

Or just super glue the end of their P closed and to their zipper in the close position.

Naked, half dressed of anything else, no man has a right to rape any women.

I will dress as I want to, mostly depending on the weather, my mood and my plans for the day, or night.

If you can't control yourself, maybe you should be neutered or fully castrated. I'm sure a vet with a pair of ball crushers could help, or there is the knife instead.

You are free to dress as you choose, you shouldn't have to worry about it. The reality is however that if you dress provocatively you are probably increasing your chances of drawing unwanted attention.
Is unwanted attention the same as rape? If a woman walks down the street naked and doesnt want anyone looking at her. All attention is unwanted correct?

Forum List

Back