Women should dress modestly or expect to 'entice a rapist...'

What case of rape are you aware of that was about sex and not power?
Please let me know precisely how I would research such a ridiculous question.
Google? Whats ridiculous about it? I just need one.
There has never been a rape that wasn't about power.

Okay, great, we're done.
Dont get defensive. I just wondered why you think power has anything to do with clothes.
I didn't say that it did. YOU did.
I didnt say you said that. I just wondered why you thought that.

So I think we're all in agreement: A 103 year old woman wearing a bib in a wheelchair is just as likely to get raped as a 21-year old hottie wearing a tight minidress in a biker bar.

Okie dokie, why not.
The ones in wheel chairs have a harder time getting away...

So I think we're all in agreement: A 103 year old woman wearing a bib in a wheelchair is just as likely to get raped as a 21-year old hottie wearing a tight minidress in a biker bar.

Okie dokie, why not.
WTF is it with you and biker bars? You say insanely idiotic things that only somebody who's never been in such a bar could say. These are good, hard working, decent people which is probably more than I can say for you, an asshole casting aspersions on people you don't even know.

Why don't you go to a biker bar and tell them how a woman is more likely to be raped there. Spoiler alert! You won't get your ass kicked, just a stern rebuttal. That's how nice bikers are.

What an asshole!

So says Chrissie Hynde...

Singer Chrissie Hynde has come under fire for suggesting it can be a woman's fault if she is raped.

"You know if you don't want to entice a rapist, don't wear high heels so you can't run from him," she said, in an interview in the Sunday Times.

The Pretenders singer, 63, said she takes "full responsibility" after she was sexually assaulted aged 21 in Ohio.

"If I'm walking around in my underwear and I'm drunk. Who else's fault can it be?" Hynde told Krissi Murison.

Chrissie Hynde under fire for rape remarks

How ignorant can a person be? I don't care if a woman is walking naked down the middle of the street, she is not looking to be raped. Anyone who believes a person's attire is an invitation to rape needs a good slap to the head...

I doubt anyone is "looking" to be raped, but wearing provocative clothing, or walking "naked" as you suggest will likely up the odds of a sexual assault.
Whats your rationale for that opinion?

That younger women get raped more often than older one's do. If 'power' were the only motive, it would be evenly spread.
Why would it be evenly spread? Are young women more likely to be out and about or are old women?

Rape victims skew younger than any other victim of a major violent crime, averaging about 26. If 'out and about' were the standard, this wouldn't be the case. Rape would have the same age as most other violent crimes.

Women over 50 make up only 3% of rape victims.

How ignorant can a person be? I don't care if a woman is walking naked down the middle of the street, she is not looking to be raped. Anyone who believes a person's attire is an invitation to rape needs a good slap to the head...

I doubt anyone is "looking" to be raped, but wearing provocative clothing, or walking "naked" as you suggest will likely up the odds of a sexual assault.

That younger women get raped more often than older one's do. If 'power' were the only motive, it would be evenly spread.
Why would it be evenly spread? Are young women more likely to be out and about or are old women?

Rape victims skew younger than any other victim of a major violent crime. If 'out and about' were the standard, this wouldn't be the case.
You avoided my question. I will rephrase it. Is it more likely that a young female is going to be more available to be victimized or an elderly female?

Well, it does make sense as you don't want to entice a sicko.

The problem op is the sicko is either going to do something or not...Why drive the sicko to do it?
You show your ignorance on why men rape women. It is not a matter of how they are dressed it is a matter of having control or another human being.

Rape victims skew younger than any other victim of a major violent crime. If 'out and about' were the standard, this wouldn't be the case.
You avoided my question. I will rephrase it. Is it more likely that a young female is going to be more available to be victimized or an elderly female?

Absolutely. But you're missing my point. If age played no role in rape, then rape victims would be the same average age as the victims of other violent crimes. As access would be the only relevant factor. Yet victims of murder, assault, robbery, etc......all skew older. Much older.

Rape victims have the lowest average age of any major violent crime. With rape among older women comparatively rare. Women over 50 make up less than 3% of rape victims.

Okie dokie, why not.
WTF is it with you and biker bars? You say insanely idiotic things that only somebody who's never been in such a bar could say. These are good, hard working, decent people which is probably more than I can say for you, an asshole casting aspersions on people you don't even know.

Why don't you go to a biker bar and tell them how a woman is more likely to be raped there. Spoiler alert! You won't get your ass kicked, just a stern rebuttal. That's how nice bikers are.

What an asshole!
Wow, seriously, decaf.

We disagree. I think the way a women dresses can have an affect on the way she is treated. You don't.

Perhaps you should take your anger and misery out on someone who is interested.

Okie dokie, why not.

What an asshole!
Wow, seriously, decaf.

We disagree. I think the way a women dresses can have an affect on the way she is treated. You don't.

Perhaps you should take your anger and misery out on someone who is interested.
It isn't a disagreement. You said a woman is more likely to be raped in a biker bar. That's bullshit. No disagreement, you're just wrong.

What some on this thread are saying is that they'd be more likely to rape a woman in a bikini than a woman in a business suit. That's pretty messed up.

I'm saying men are more likely to be aroused by seeing a woman wearing a bikini than a business suit. Do you disagree with that ?

Republicans are sick thinking a drunk is looking to get raped just because they are drunk. Being drunk isn't that good of sex. You want to be sober so you can enjoy it and remember how much you enjoyed it. One wonders if rape sex is what Republicans are used to.

Absolutely. But you're missing my point. If age played no role in rape, then rape victims would be the same average age as the victims of other violent crimes. As access would be the only relevant factor. Yet victims of murder, assault, robbery, etc......all skew older. Much older.

Rape victims have the lowest average age of any major violent crime. With rape among older women comparatively rare. Women over 50 make up less than 3% of rape victims.

I think you are right about age but I think you are using the wrong logic. There are a myriad of factors that go into choosing a victim for a particular crime.

Robbery? An older woman is more likely to have more money as well as being less likely to cause a physical challenge. They are also more prone to already be married. (crimes of passion)

A younger girl/woman may be viewed as a more desirable target because they are less likely to report it. An older woman wouldn't have the hangups younger women do.

What some on this thread are saying is that they'd be more likely to rape a woman in a bikini than a woman in a business suit. That's pretty messed up.

I'm saying men are more likely to be aroused by seeing a woman wearing a bikini than a business suit. Do you disagree with that ?
Drunk women aren't sexy to me. Neither are stinkos or droolers. And I never want to get barfed on or catch something.

Singer Chrissie Hynde has come under fire for suggesting it can be a woman's fault if she is raped.

"You know if you don't want to entice a rapist, don't wear high heels so you can't run from him," she said, in an interview in the Sunday Times.

The Pretenders singer, 63, said she takes "full responsibility" after she was sexually assaulted aged 21 in Ohio.

"If I'm walking around in my underwear and I'm drunk. Who else's fault can it be?" Hynde told Krissi Murison.

Actually, she did not suggest that.

SADFIs merely accused her.

Yet victims of murder, assault, robbery, etc......all skew older. Much older.
Not quite.

Persons age 50 or older made up:
30% of the population,
12% of murder victims, and
7% of serious violent crime
victims.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CDAQFjACahUKEwi9o5LP7dPHAhUEmoAKHV7kD_A&url=http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/apvsvc.pdf&ei=PJDkVb2VNIS0ggTeyL-ADw&usg=AFQjCNE3_AVY22GokDrmO3nO71IegDefrQ&cad=rja

I'm speaking of average age. The average age of a murder victim for example....is 34. The average age of a robbery victim is 30. But rape? The average age is 26. The youngest of any major violent crime. With a full 1/5th of all rapes occurring among women age 18 to 21.

Just those 3 years.

While women who are over 50 are less than 3% of rape victims. Despite being a vastly larger demo.

Since I can't get any straight answers, I'm gonna try one more time.

Here is the scenario. Your 21-year old daughter has decided to wear the perfectly legal dress illustrated below to a local biker bar. She is an adult and you have absolutely no control over her decision. All you have is your opinion and your concern for her welfare as a loving parent.

In your opinion, would you be concerned that she might be adding at least .01% to the level of risk in her evening? That perhaps a guy who has had a few too many beers might go a bit too far in approaching her? In any way, whatsoever?

There, I tried to eliminate potential straw man arguments.

Looking forward to the straight answers. To ask again: Would you be concerned that she might be adding at least .01% to the level of risk in her evening? Yes or no?

pink_minidress_by_monokini24-d5oakzc.jpg
No. Rape is about power not looks. There is a reason 90 year old women get raped. You cant possibly believe they look like the woman in the photo do you?
Wow.

Okay, I believe you.
That was a great deflection. If you just wanted someone to agree with you then you should have just said that.
What's the deflection? I asked a direct question and you provided a direct answer.

I don't get that very often, so good for you.

No need to be defensive.
why don't you start a poll? Put up a picture of two women, one that you find attractive and one that you don't, and ask, "would you rape either of these women?"

Thanks for the begging the question fallacy.

Forum List

Back